Author Topic: Dunkalikes  (Read 3773 times)

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 972
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
Re: Dunkalikes
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2020, 07:00:05 PM »
Expand Quote
If you told me that Etnies would be still producing a version of Natas' pro shoe in 2020 I wouldn't have believed you but nope there is it. If they weren't all red I would be pretty keen to get a pair
[close]

i missed out on the all black ones, i really wanted those, but was on shoe embargo at the time.

i guess they will keep it hopefully, there is one colorway every six months or so.

Expand Quote
I'm feeling those but not the name.

Who rides for cali strong dunx?

[close]

i wish i bought all htese ipath samples in that shop in prague 14 years ago. i forgot the model name, but they were pretty much dunks through and through. they had tons of em.

i had this ugly ass colorway, but there were others, too. this model seems to be called the tam? i never saw it for sale anywhere.

ipath locusts would be a good dunk replacement i guess.

fuck, we need ipath back. so many good models actually. the yogis were bomb, too.

You definitely read my mind. I miss ipath. I loved grasshoppers. I'm going to try and grab some Matt Rodriguez hemp kicks next time likely
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

switchfrontshuv

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 48
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2020, 09:23:54 PM »
reebok club c

similar sole feel (stiff heel and mid foot, the forefoot gets nice and squishy after a few sessions)
pointier toecap shape and similar height (imo has better flick, but the height of the toe is the same)
similar padding (compared to the newer dunks with the thinner tongue)
better impact support (feet hurt way less in my experience. but they do seem a tad bit higher off the ground at the heel compared to dunks)

one thing I will say is that dunks have way better grip compared to club c's but club c's have better flick and durability imo (rubber feels harder so it lasts longer but also ends up slipping on the griptape sometimes)

just a note I might have a bias because ive skated two pairs of club c's in a row and have learned a lot of tricks/pushed my skating further in them than I ever have before, and ive only skated one pair of dunks (Kevin Bradley ones) so yeah

but yeah totally the dunk toecap blew apart before the sole wore down because the toe outsole is so low, reeboks last so long cuz I never get a kickflip hole before my tread wears away so I skate each pair way longer. And the thing about cupsoles the more u skate them the better they feel

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2020, 09:26:36 PM »
Good timing because  50 percent off everything at Reebok.com code: CL50.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 337
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2020, 01:44:35 AM »
Club C's are good but they don't stay good for long and feel really unstable once they're past peak condition. I skated 2 pairs, one suede, one leather. They gave me a lot of foot trouble. Too bad because the flick is really nice.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1307
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2020, 06:22:59 PM »
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2020, 07:10:20 PM »
Somebody at Adidas has noticed that there's a skateable Dunk shortage and so we're getting a Forum 84 in at least one colorway

https://www.paradeworld.com/news/creating-the-adidas-forum-84-adv/?utm_source=sendgrid.com&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=us-fri-week50&utm_content=heitor&utm_source=sendgrid.com&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=website

These are technically released, but seems like there’s production/distribution issues. Been trying to get some and they dropped last night on adidas in the us in sizes 4-8.5 only. What a good release

cant kickflip but can tre

• Rep: 9
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2020, 01:02:33 PM »
Black Sabbath Lakai Telford's are out now
https://www.lakai.com/collections/black-sabbath/products/telford-smu-black-grey-suede-ms4200208b03

Seems like they changed the sole

switchfrontshuv

• Rep: 48
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2020, 10:06:44 PM »
Club C's are good but they don't stay good for long and feel really unstable once they're past peak condition. I skated 2 pairs, one suede, one leather. They gave me a lot of foot trouble. Too bad because the flick is really nice.

I had the opposite experience, Club C's start off super stiff for me and then get better with time untill the sole goes flat and loses grip and I was rolling my ankle every month skating Adidas adi ease and after 6 months of only skating Club C's I only rolled my ankle once.
in terms of stability I think they are average but lmao flick is lowkey trash the first day I skate them they feel slippery

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2020, 11:17:51 PM »
Black Sabbath Lakai Telford's are out now
https://www.lakai.com/collections/black-sabbath/products/telford-smu-black-grey-suede-ms4200208b03

Seems like they changed the sole

Tried them on at my local and they just felt bad for me. They don’t feel like a dunk replacement in my opinion and I’m someone who loves skating dunks so perhaps I’m a little biased. The sole seemed fine but definitely not what I was expecting. The look on foot of the silhouette just looked funky to me as well. Felt a bit more like a blazer mid than a dunk but not in a good way. The overall quality of the shoe felt lacking as well. The laces were really bad, super thin and small for some reason. I wanted to like the telfords too, but they just were not doing it for me at all.