Author Topic: What are you trying to learn right now?  (Read 47947 times)

gaunting

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: What are you trying to learn right now?
« Reply #90 on: May 03, 2020, 11:03:21 AM »
Front 5-0 to crook. Any advice would be appreciated

I’m trying to get those too!
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #91 on: May 03, 2020, 01:43:35 PM »
noseslide ... (never really skated ledge, that was a dumb decision)
Switch pop shovit
wallride
Switch 50/50
Varial Heel and Fakie Varial Heel

Mog

• Rep: -166
« Reply #92 on: May 03, 2020, 05:06:22 PM »
anticasper bigflip to switch casper slide

Ordered pre-owned t shirts online that are kinda sick (2 Simpsons tees, Joy Division and Cro-Mags tees, and a shirt with a native american girl staring into flames) . I usually wear flannels so my t-shirt game w

Jewlien Burford

« Reply #93 on: May 04, 2020, 07:09:50 AM »
Half cab flip
Impossible

MorningSesh

• Rep: 76
« Reply #94 on: May 04, 2020, 07:27:49 AM »
Half cab flip
Impossible
Recently learned half cab flips. They’re fun to learn

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #95 on: May 04, 2020, 08:08:11 AM »
Half cab flip
Impossible

Wrapping a proper impossible is so fun, my favorite trick

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #96 on: May 04, 2020, 10:15:26 AM »
Not exactly something I'm trying to learn but something that came to mind while messing around with wallies/slappies into boardslides on ledges (I know, but it's dumb fun), it doesn't seem to hard from that 'launch' to overshoot and end up in hurricane position (or barley grind but hurricane is sicker), now I think it could be cool to see wallie hurricanes on tall-ish shit. I reckon it should work like a slappy frontside feeble coming from the wrong angle. I literally gave it two tries where I was too scared to commit to actually putting weight on the truck before moving on as I'm not trying to fuck myself up mid-lockdown but it's something to do.

mybackhurts

• Rep: -2
« Reply #97 on: May 11, 2020, 03:26:37 PM »
sw back 180 manny

also impossibles(trick is such an enigma)

Saint Coke

« Reply #98 on: May 12, 2020, 06:44:18 AM »
What's the first trick to learn on a mini? I learned to pump and carve, can drop in on small ramps so still working on that.

Pnw

« Reply #99 on: May 12, 2020, 07:09:02 AM »
What's the first trick to learn on a mini? I learned to pump and carve, can drop in on small ramps so still working on that.
I started with rock to fakie then fakie tail stall and finally backside 50-50. Once you become comfortable on a mini the tricks start coming quickly.

Saint Coke

« Reply #100 on: May 12, 2020, 07:34:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I started with rock to fakie then fakie tail stall and finally backside 50-50. Once you become comfortable on a mini the tricks start coming quickly.
Does copping make dropping in a little easier?

Pnw

« Reply #101 on: May 12, 2020, 08:41:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I've never really thought about it but I guess the copping would give you more stability on your tail so you can focus more on placing all your weight forward instead of slipping out.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #102 on: May 12, 2020, 11:10:14 AM »
Can't really tailslide but I've gotten a few nollie back tails on curbs lately. They're surprisingly easy to get into, but hard to actually get a good slide.

Pnw

« Reply #103 on: May 12, 2020, 11:17:32 AM »
I’m having trouble with tre flips. When I land one my front foot is on my nose and my back foot is either in the middle of the board or barely behind the front bolts which puts all my weight forward so I don’t ride away.

Is it because I fling them more sideways instead of in front of me or my foot position which is more forward facing instead of 45 degrees?

Saint Coke

« Reply #104 on: May 12, 2020, 05:06:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
I've never really thought about it but I guess the copping would give you more stability on your tail so you can focus more on placing all your weight forward instead of slipping out.
Ok so there's this ramp I dropped in on that didn't have coping and I didn't feel right, also slipped out twice on the thing. Makes me worry about dropping in on the mini that does have coping.

CorneliusCardew

• Rep: -53
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #105 on: May 12, 2020, 07:18:38 PM »
How to stop squirreling out when I am pushing switch

Saint Coke

« Reply #106 on: May 19, 2020, 03:15:41 PM »
Rock to Fakie. Geting my truck over the lip is a little scary to me. I practiced pumping up and raising my nose up to get a feel. Also practiced leaning back more. But still scared to actually do it. Any Advice?

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #107 on: May 19, 2020, 03:24:07 PM »
Rock to Fakie. Geting my truck over the lip is a little scary to me. I practiced pumping up and raising my nose up to get a feel. Also practiced leaning back more. But still scared to actually do it. Any Advice?

Can you do rock to fakies on steep banks? Gives you a good feeling for that little fakie wheelie motion. Roll up a bank, get your front truck on top of the bank and roll back to fakie. Then do the same with lifting up your front truck. Hope that makes sense, since English is not my native language.
IG: @flowterspace

Saint Coke

« Reply #108 on: May 19, 2020, 04:30:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Can you do rock to fakies on steep banks? Gives you a good feeling for that little fakie wheelie motion. Roll up a bank, get your front truck on top of the bank and roll back to fakie. Then do the same with lifting up your front truck. Hope that makes sense, since English is not my native language.
I practiced on a fun box with a bank. That was a little sketchy feeling but I will try it on there tomorrow.

UrbanSombrero

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #109 on: May 19, 2020, 06:05:30 PM »
Trying to figure out frontside flips. I can't put the whole trick together, either I get the whole 180 and land on my board upside down or I get the full flip and only get like 120 degree rotation. I've landed a bunch of shitty ones with a big pivot but I want the full 180.

CorneliusCardew

« Reply #110 on: May 19, 2020, 08:23:56 PM »
How not to get bored skating the same spot everyday.

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #111 on: May 20, 2020, 04:09:58 AM »
Trying to figure out frontside flips. I can't put the whole trick together, either I get the whole 180 and land on my board upside down or I get the full flip and only get like 120 degree rotation. I've landed a bunch of shitty ones with a big pivot but I want the full 180.

I'm in a similar spot but I can do 90 degree pivots pretty often. I noticed putting my front slightly lower and flicking sideways helped more of them go the full way.

Bata

• Rep: -72
« Reply #112 on: May 20, 2020, 04:27:16 AM »

I struggled a lot with this trick and what helped me is learning hardflips first and getting really consistent with kickflips.

UrbanSombrero

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #113 on: May 20, 2020, 07:20:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I struggled a lot with this trick and what helped me is learning hardflips first and getting really consistent with kickflips.

Thanks I may give that a try see how close I get. I've never landed a hardflip in my life but that would be a bucket list trick for sure.

Is your foot positioning for your hard flip the same as your fs flip? Does the hard flip get you used to the pop/scoop of a fs flip?

CorneliusCardew

« Reply #114 on: May 20, 2020, 07:33:18 PM »

When I have trouble with my fsf I remind myself to jump a bit higher and remember that the trick is a means of moving forward, focus on the forward motion seems to help me alot

Krile

• Rep: -91
  • I train moogles
« Reply #115 on: May 21, 2020, 04:27:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Thanks I may give that a try see how close I get. I've never landed a hardflip in my life but that would be a bucket list trick for sure.

Is your foot positioning for your hard flip the same as your fs flip? Does the hard flip get you used to the pop/scoop of a fs flip?

Yeah my problem was kicking the board away when I turn 180 so learning hardflip helped it be more one fluid motion than kickflip catch 90 piviot
I'm normally against vibing and the like but Idk anymore with these perved out anime kids. Now I think we need to go back to robbing kids boards at gunpoint if they show up to the spot. Wheres young Stevi

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #116 on: May 22, 2020, 02:51:26 PM »
Anyone got slappy front crooks? I wanna learn them regs and switch. Messed around a few times today couldnt make it happen.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #117 on: May 22, 2020, 05:29:42 PM »

I'll put my inferior f/s no-comply out there. If anyone has any tips about what I can do to make my f/s no-complies more fluid and quick, I'd be happy to hear them.

I think a large part of why I do them fairly slowly is that I don't have a lot of control with my back foot - the board goes flying out, or flips a little, or stabs my leg. So, I move slowly for a little more control. Maybe I just need more practice.

I've been trying to remember "plant, pop, move" to plant my foot, pop my board, and move my foot off the ground and back on. Also trying to tell myself to move my foot off the ground as soon as the board starts to go back down.

Also any tips for no-comply 360s are much appreciated.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 07:49:51 AM by Adam Abbas »

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #118 on: May 22, 2020, 07:53:50 PM »
Anyone got slappy front crooks? I wanna learn them regs and switch. Messed around a few times today couldnt make it happen.

I've tried them before. I think the start of it is kinda like a normal frontside slappy but you gotta only do the start of the slappy motion and as soon as your truck gets on you gotta stop rotating and put all the pressure on your front toe to pinch. Dont really know how to come out though. Would like to try em switch too. Just learned sw bs slappy crook and theyre suuuuper fun and chill.

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #119 on: May 22, 2020, 09:24:24 PM »
Heelflips
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.