Author Topic: What are you trying to learn right now?  (Read 47948 times)

Easy Slider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
Re: What are you trying to learn right now?
« Reply #480 on: February 20, 2021, 10:42:38 AM »
Frontside noseslides (to fakie). Rolled away from a few but barely slid...
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #481 on: February 20, 2021, 10:51:03 AM »
Food for thought, I need to get fakie 3 shuvs down as well which would help for the fakie tres.

I can do nollie 3 shuvs no bother at all so need to try and mirror that technique in my head.

I'm the same with the nollie 360 shoves going that way because they were one of my very first tricks as a kid and to this day I love throwing them around, if you have those down honestly I'd say try nollie 360 flips sometime as from then on, those really aren't out of reach. I learned them many years before I could even fathom forming a straight nollie flip, so really those tricks in fakie or nollie have a lot in common and you might be surprised. In those stances the 360 flip version really is the exact same thing as the casual 360 shove except you pop it all the while jumping a certain way so that your other foot interferes and then the flip just sort of happens by itself if your pressure points were correct. The big flip counterparts take more effort in comparison I would say. For your fakie 360 flips I'd really recommend trying a few while literally facing your tail, to block your temptation to turn your body what would now feel like the 'wrong' way. If that kills the 360 for you (which it might), you can compensate by focusing on adjusting the scoop, or how you distribute your weight over the board before you pop.

I think it was in his Chromeball interview where Daewon said he did nollie 360 flips super early before opposite footed skating was really a thing and at the time he wouldn't even think of the trick in those terms, it was 'just this trick where the board flopped around' (not verbatim). To this day I actually find that to be a good approach, so that you don't overthink how hard the trick sounds like it's supposed to be, when in reality the motion for it is quite simple. (Overthinking difficulty is probably the main mental block to progression, at least in skating)

Also with a good nollie 360 shove you might be closer than you think to nollie (front foot) impossibles and to nollie big spins with an extra shove (those are the exact same thing as the nollie 360 shove but you pivot off the nose while doing it, it's not the classiest trick but it's a fun underrated one).
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 11:04:50 AM by silhouette »

Logic

• Rep: 35
« Reply #482 on: February 20, 2021, 11:56:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Nollie flips, have no trouble flipping them but can't seem to jump over it to catch them. Been meaning to try doing one out of a quarter and seeing if that helps.

Other than that trying to build up the confidence to commit to a nollie front shuv out of a bs nosepick on transition
[close]

Try to fully flick and jump properly and land upside down, its better than fully flipping and not jumping over it. Switch flips came easier for me, maybe they will for you too.

This probably won't work for most people, but I actually landed a few nollie frontside flips before nollie flips, felt like the turn gave me more room to flick and helped me work up to flicking a straight nollie flip properly. Obviously nollie flips are way easier now but I think it helped a bit.

Yeah, I managed to land on the board upside down a few times since posting that before rolling my ankle on one. I'll have to give the nollie frontside idea a go though, thanks!

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #483 on: February 20, 2021, 12:18:47 PM »
Just caught that discussion but honestly trying to learn nollie flips out of a quarter sounds crazy to me (but it might work for you, everyone is different, who knows), I feel like transition throws off all the physics of that trick. Switch flips on a bank might be a good idea though, if anything to transition in between flatground switch flip to flatground nollie flip or the other way around depending on which one you learn first.

Frontside nollie flip thing is funny because it used to be true for me too but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it personally (but it's still a possibility), it's quite easy to mob the fuck out of those first frontside nollie flips and get used to bad technique even for straight nollie flips in the end. Funnily enough the 180 ones now feel a lot harder to me too, but that's because I actually try to pop and form them right which I couldn't do back then (and is also why I stopped doing that trick, at least my mobbed ones felt like shit). For nollie flips the key is to use the forward momentum to push ahead of you on the pop (off the big toe) and jump what feels like backwards (towards the tail) all the while really bringing the board with you for the flip, really like a straight nollie but with insistence on your toes and then at the peak you flick out, shoulders aligned the whole time. I say it all the time but it's also a lot easier to learn switch flips by pretending you're in your regular stance and it's your normal every day kickflip that you're trying to fix, forget you're doing anything different and it will kill the whole mental block of a myth around the trick. Sorry to hear about your ankle, be well soon.

sammyz

• Rep: 82
« Reply #484 on: February 21, 2021, 07:28:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Ive broken 3 decks trying to kickflip off stuff. Everytime i get it my back foot lands on the tail and the board either cracks or snaps.

How do i get my back foot further forward? Or avoid the deck from getting ahead of me?

I need some help because this is getting expensive!

Edit: or as my mate suggested, i need a board with bigger WB? Current board is 14.25 and I’m 6’3”
[close]

I'm 6'4 and skate 14.25 I don't think that's your issue. What's your skill level like in general? If you can land bolts on flatground kickflips you are most likely capable of doing it. You could be flicking your board ahead of you, or leaning back slightly too much. If you land rigid also that's going to be more force than if you bend with the landing.

ok...so update...I managed to do a couple last week landed bolts...took your advice, and think I was leaning back a bit. I forced myself to stay over the board when getting close to the ledge and it helped keep everything under my feet. Also...WB got nothing to do with it...I did it on my Chico deck which is 14 WB, so obviously not WB dependent.

next I gotta try and do shuvs off stuff...and pop higher on kickflips

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #485 on: February 22, 2021, 04:24:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ive broken 3 decks trying to kickflip off stuff. Everytime i get it my back foot lands on the tail and the board either cracks or snaps.

How do i get my back foot further forward? Or avoid the deck from getting ahead of me?

I need some help because this is getting expensive!

Edit: or as my mate suggested, i need a board with bigger WB? Current board is 14.25 and I’m 6’3”
[close]

I'm 6'4 and skate 14.25 I don't think that's your issue. What's your skill level like in general? If you can land bolts on flatground kickflips you are most likely capable of doing it. You could be flicking your board ahead of you, or leaning back slightly too much. If you land rigid also that's going to be more force than if you bend with the landing.
[close]

ok...so update...I managed to do a couple last week landed bolts...took your advice, and think I was leaning back a bit. I forced myself to stay over the board when getting close to the ledge and it helped keep everything under my feet. Also...WB got nothing to do with it...I did it on my Chico deck which is 14 WB, so obviously not WB dependent.

next I gotta try and do shuvs off stuff...and pop higher on kickflips

Hell yeah! I rarely skate off of stuff so I respect you going for it. Happy to hear you got them

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1555
« Reply #486 on: February 22, 2021, 04:49:22 AM »
I really want to get tailslides, mine are fucking garbage at best.

Also I watched Justin Brock’s since day one part and realized I want frontside bigspins. Got close on a few, but I want them popped proper.

I know these are simple tasks, but I’m a simple man.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #487 on: February 22, 2021, 10:33:49 AM »

Also I watched Justin Brock’s since day one part and realized I want frontside bigspins. Got close on a few, but I want them popped proper.

This trick never makes any sense for me. Although fs shuvs are probably my safest trick. Anyone has some tips how to spin the board and keep it under me?
IG: @flowterspace

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #488 on: February 22, 2021, 10:45:09 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This trick never makes any sense for me. Although fs shuvs are probably my safest trick. Anyone has some tips how to spin the board and keep it under me?

I can do these on flat but not switch ones, which is apparently weird (never cared to learn switch ones though I think its pretty whatever). I put my back foot in the pocket in a duck foot position (so I'm regular and if I'm standing on my board shoulders parallel to board, my right foot is kinda pointing in the 1 or 2 oclock position.

Try to keep your trucks level, not leaning heel or toe side, and give it an aggressive pop in the front shuv direction.

Try to imagine the pop making the board spin really quickly in your head if that makes sense. You know how if you try to pop a big pop shuvit you kinda imagine/expect the board to spin slowly and come up kinda high. Whereas if you pop a nice back bigspin or 3shuv(if anyone still does those lol) you naturally pre-visualize the board spinning a lot quicker and closer to the ground. If the board spins slow like a nice front shuv it wont work, it has to be zippy like a quick back bigspin. This requires a lot of experimentation with foot positioning, weight distribution and how you pop/scoop.

In terms of weight distribution, don't lean too far back, have some weight over your front foot. I don't really wind my shoulders, just have them facing forward, pop/scoop and jump like a motherfucker, though some people may do it differently idk.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 02:19:49 PM by tzhangdox »

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #489 on: February 23, 2021, 02:10:21 PM »
about 30 minutes ago I learned how to roll my ankle on a backside flip off a bump.🤦🏼‍♂️😅
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #490 on: February 23, 2021, 02:27:11 PM »
Fakie 5050 switch shuv.

Day before yesterday I was popping out of them enough but the park was snowy. Also there was a real trick being filmed at the time.

Nollie inward heel nose manny.

I just scored a tripod and I haven't posted a clip in a while. If I find a filmer I'll do one in a line.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #491 on: February 23, 2021, 02:50:03 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I have tip for this.
Dc 
Sw fr big is my go to turn around trick.

The secret bro controling this is the back foot and how you set up and kick it.

https://i.ibb.co/7pZCdW2/16141198328232317045131954462605.jpg[/img]geojson types

Ok so I line up my front foot heel will the edge of the board

Back foot I dig my heel into it inside the wb on flat because I don't gotta pop it high.

The heel foxing on my shoe is like a track for the edge of my board. I kick it forward to my other foot.

Almost like I'm going to do a leprechaun heel clicking dance. But I trap the board beyond 270 put it down.

If you lift your heel an don't wind up your body you can do a kiwi flip like this.

I like switch ones. If you're getting on to something go more to the tip of the tail and lift your front foot higher.

But the board is going to go away from you if you don't kick it were you want it to go. The other foot or at a ledge or whatever.

Hope this helps.

The heel dug in method feels like throwing a ball to a dog with one of those cup sticks vs no heel feels like regular throwing if that makes any sense?

Leverage for your feets is increase inside the WB.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #492 on: March 04, 2021, 04:25:02 AM »
Pretty rare move in the grand scheme of things but I sort of figured out a trick to step hop frontside lipslides on ledges which may or may not help people trying that trick, or maybe even normal front lips. Basically I used to be able to pop into those on benches years ago (inspired by Pontus and Gonz) but could never really commit to jumping back onto the board for the slide because of how awkward the motion is when you pop that way and try to rotate into position all the while guiding the board around with the back foot (it's a bit scary but also very tempting to overturn if you're used to 43's, causing you to miss the ledge). So I ditched them forever until just the other day when I skated a small street gap to curb (more like a little island) that was sort of calling for that trick, obstacle height was level with the run-up so at first I'd try and cheat them by step hopping like I would do to almost clear the whole island and land on the road, just at a diagonal angle and clipping the wheels upon landing. In the end it sort of worked and I got a few unexpected legit ones using my shoulders and properly locked in, held and slid (well I also ate shit a few times), like that cheater's approach actually taught me how the trick is supposed to work and feel. I guess it's sort of similar to how some people treat noseblunts by approaching them head on or from the wrong side even, but for some reason I had never really thought of applying that logic to the learning of new lipslide tricks myself. One more fun game to play, I guess. (Maybe that's not the right thread, but I didn't know where to post this)

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #493 on: March 05, 2021, 08:43:07 AM »
So I watched Jamie Foys berries thing about FS crooks and I gave it a shot today going slow as hell on a small ledge. I was kinda suprised how easy they worked out. I just stalled a bunch on a curb and tinkered with the foot placement for a few minutes. For me the key was, straight on approach pretty close to the ledge, toes hanging off like a bs heel, and foot like  3-4” behind, just in front of the middle of the board. I’ve done them before on one session and couldn’t do them again, but today I landed one in like 10 tries and did about 5 total.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMCzegThqHuztW73SuE-5Zz-Pnrxz1NDO7zolE0/?igshid=1bvjut3mrp1en

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #494 on: March 05, 2021, 11:39:49 AM »
So I watched Jamie Foys berries thing about FS crooks and I gave it a shot today going slow as hell on a small ledge. I was kinda suprised how easy they worked out. I just stalled a bunch on a curb and tinkered with the foot placement for a few minutes. For me the key was, straight on approach pretty close to the ledge, toes hanging off like a bs heel, and foot like  3-4” behind, just in front of the middle of the board. I’ve done them before on one session and couldn’t do them again, but today I landed one in like 10 tries and did about 5 total.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMCzegThqHuztW73SuE-5Zz-Pnrxz1NDO7zolE0/?igshid=1bvjut3mrp1en

Looks real good! I think when I get in properly I can hold the pinch pretty well, have done a few acceptable nollie ones here and there, those are much easier to lock into. But for some reason when trying a regular one, I kinda do the same thing you described (maybe less exaggerated foot positioning but same idea), but I'll either end up in a front nose or nose manual on top of the ledge which is the scariest shit ever. Just can't commit and get exactly into a front crook 95% of the time.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #495 on: March 05, 2021, 05:37:23 PM »
Nollie heel
Front crook
Fakie tailslide either way
Front heel

Tips welcomed

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1044
« Reply #496 on: March 05, 2021, 05:47:43 PM »
Honestly, improving pop.

I got my basics back but noticed a complete lack of wide mobility with my legs. This caused me to start developing some shit style and flicks that were way too fast.

Bought some road cones of different heights today and spent an hour ollieing/switch ollieing over them.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 06:01:14 PM by fakie nollie »

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #497 on: March 05, 2021, 06:28:44 PM »
Nollie heel
Front crook
Front heel

Tips welcomed

For fakie tail (the nollie front nose lookin way), you don't have to turn much, definitely feels like you only turn like 45 degrees, just do a solid fakie ollie and gently place your tail on the ledge, try to look backwards, dont twist your body too much by trying to look the direction you're going, and it should slide pretty well and you should be able to come back out to fakie.

Fakie tail (the nollie back nose lookin way) was a bit trickier for me. What helped was going fast, popping a solid fakie ollie. When I roll up, before I pop, I kind of have my weight evenly distributed, probably more weight on my non popping foot than when I do the other fakie tail where I don't think about weight distribution as much. After I pop I put all my weight over the popping foot so I can lock it into a good slide. I also really focus on sliding my non popping foot to level out the board well so that the tail doesn't hit the ledge on the way up. Sorry thats kind of a mouthful but hopefully you get what I mean.

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #498 on: March 05, 2021, 08:03:37 PM »
Not so much one trick as opposed a 3 piece of a line.

I run up kickflip up a 2 stair front 180 losi grind on a ledge to regular then a mean fs shuv down a 4 stair or a 360 flip down said stair set.

It's the middle part  I get upset at myself for not being committed to.landing or it's half-assed.
Dueces Bitch's

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #499 on: March 06, 2021, 09:52:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Nollie heel
Front crook
Front heel

Tips welcomed
[close]

For fakie tail (the nollie front nose lookin way), you don't have to turn much, definitely feels like you only turn like 45 degrees, just do a solid fakie ollie and gently place your tail on the ledge, try to look backwards, dont twist your body too much by trying to look the direction you're going, and it should slide pretty well and you should be able to come back out to fakie.

Fakie tail (the nollie back nose lookin way) was a bit trickier for me. What helped was going fast, popping a solid fakie ollie. When I roll up, before I pop, I kind of have my weight evenly distributed, probably more weight on my non popping foot than when I do the other fakie tail where I don't think about weight distribution as much. After I pop I put all my weight over the popping foot so I can lock it into a good slide. I also really focus on sliding my non popping foot to level out the board well so that the tail doesn't hit the ledge on the way up. Sorry thats kind of a mouthful but hopefully you get what I mean.

I’ll try these tips out because I do struggle with getting the board up onto the ledge on these, even though I technically can pop sufficiently high

Lloyd Braun

« Reply #500 on: March 06, 2021, 02:20:07 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Looks real good! I think when I get in properly I can hold the pinch pretty well, have done a few acceptable nollie ones here and there, those are much easier to lock into. But for some reason when trying a regular one, I kinda do the same thing you described (maybe less exaggerated foot positioning but same idea), but I'll either end up in a front nose or nose manual on top of the ledge which is the scariest shit ever. Just can't commit and get exactly into a front crook 95% of the time.

Dude same boat. I’ve done a few nollie in the past even switch but it Ollie-ing in eluded me forever. I haven’t tried one since hopefully this wasn’t a fluke planning to skate later we will see.

OldCandy

• Rep: 22
  • cant shuv
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #501 on: March 06, 2021, 03:54:00 PM »
backside flips, either its rocketed or it does a weird hospital flip
Nah i skate big boards cause i got big ass feet and a big ass dick

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #502 on: March 06, 2021, 04:25:46 PM »
Anyone got any tips for holding crooked grinds for a long time without going into a noseslide or sticking on the wheel? Right now they’re like a speed trick for me, where I haul ass and do them for max eight or so feet before coming off the end of the ledge. I want to stretch them out so I can be a dude pushing 40 pretending I’m Tom Snape or something.

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #503 on: March 06, 2021, 08:02:08 PM »
Anyone got any tips for holding crooked grinds for a long time without going into a noseslide or sticking on the wheel? Right now they’re like a speed trick for me, where I haul ass and do them for max eight or so feet before coming off the end of the ledge. I want to stretch them out so I can be a dude pushing 40 pretending I’m Tom Snape or something.

If its going into noseslide maybe try to tweak it less and have it slightly straighter like a nosegrind I guess. That and just maintaining pressure on the heel to hold the pinch.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #504 on: March 07, 2021, 09:37:17 AM »
Any tips with fs wallrides? I've been trying to learn them on jersey barriers but I think I'm taking too sharp of an approach angle and can't seem to figure out weight distro and what to do with my back foot.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #505 on: March 07, 2021, 10:05:21 AM »
Any tips with fs wallrides? I've been trying to learn them on jersey barriers but I think I'm taking too sharp of an approach angle and can't seem to figure out weight distro and what to do with my back foot.

On straight walls I can only ollie into them, the bash and turn technique is too violent for me but in both cases it seems that your shoulders lead the trick and so they should be rather open to prepare for the ride away. When I was a kid I used to try and treat them like sort of vertical frontside 50-50's which would allow me to ride the wall fine but then I'd always bail on the dismount because my weight wasn't distributed properly for the continuity of the trick, nowadays I just pretend I'm doing a frontside ollie on something super steep and try to catch the wall at the peak and ride it on the way down, which feels sometimes good and sometimes cheap depending on how much weight you get to put. In a way, you have to plan your trajectory not just into the wallride but also out of it from the start. Similarly for a frontside wallride nollie out, you just pretend you're doing a front nose on an imaginary ledge that is the wall. Wallride to fakies probably really help for both of these.

On banked shit though, the bash and turn way is 100% back foot positioning and action (paired up with proper shoulder lead) with your front foot only serving as a guide (picture a compass), it's essentially a quick, sharp frontside pivot in the middle of something steep. Back foot has to be prepared for the turn all the way throughout the maneuver and so better be pointing a certain way that feels right the whole time, you'll know the spot when you find it. I guess on vertical things they're the same, just more brutal and I'm so lazy, man.

Also a fun one I like reminding people of occasionally is the nollie wallride (think Paulo Diaz).
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 10:16:49 AM by silhouette »

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #506 on: March 07, 2021, 10:16:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

On straight walls I can only ollie into them, the bash and turn technique is too violent for me but in both cases it seems that your shoulders lead the trick and so they should be rather open to prepare for the ride away. When I was a kid I used to try and treat them like sort of vertical frontside 50-50's which would allow me to ride the wall fine but then I'd always bail on the dismount because my weight wasn't distributed properly for the continuity of the trick, nowadays I just pretend I'm doing a frontside ollie on something super steep and try to catch the wall at the peak and ride it on the way down, which feels sometimes good and sometimes cheap depending on how much weight you get to put. In a way, you have to plan your trajectory not just into the wallride but also out of it from the start. Similarly for a frontside wallride nollie out, you just pretend you're doing a front nose on an imaginary ledge that is the wall. Wallride to fakies probably really help for both of these.

On banked shit though, the bash and turn way is 100% back foot positioning and action (paired up with proper shoulder lead) with your front foot only serving as a guide, it's essentially a quick, sharp frontside pivot in the middle of something steep. Back foot has to be prepared for the turn all the way through it and so better be pointing a certain way that feels right, you'll know the spot when you find it. I guess on vertical things they're the same, just more brutal and I'm so lazy, man.

Also a fun one I like reminding people of occasionally is the nollie wallride (think Paulo Diaz).

Solid advice, per usual!

I love bs nollie wallrides and they definitely feel like trying to back nose the wall, so I can see how that method would translate to the fs version. Tbh I may give up on true fs wallrides and opt for the nollie version, Max Palmer makes ek look like a lotta fun.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #507 on: March 07, 2021, 10:23:20 AM »
Wallride nollie is fun but I did mean nollies into wallride, especially backside those are stupid easy and fun, and indeed they do feel like going for a nollie back tail on a ledge with no top. Wouldn't give up on frontside wallrides if I were you, especially if you have access to a Jersey barrier which is probably the optimal obstacle to learn that trick on - it's a shit ton of fun and once you've gotten the gist of it it's quite versatile, it sort of enables you to hop onto anything on your way while cruising around if so you feel like trying on a good legs day. I edited my former message while you were posting to add some more tips, if you go back to learn your trick I think the compass comparison should really help, you 'stall' on the back truck and draw a semi circle with your front leg while opening your shoulders ahead of the trick.

2:53 may be a good example to study (this part in general really is a good study, in fact):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFsaT3N8PM8

Good luck, this one is worth your time!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 10:31:22 AM by silhouette »

Lloyd Braun

« Reply #508 on: March 07, 2021, 06:34:26 PM »

I came here to post my progress on BS Crooks and BS 5-0's. I have had a bad time lately with BS Crooks (and 5-0's), until yesterday. just not locking in for either one. With 5-0s I would put down immediately to a 50-50 and with crooks id lock in like 2/10 tries.  Out of no where I got them both back idk why but Im not questioning it.

To hang on to crooks longer, what works for me is being on my toes as soon as I lock in with my head just behind the nose weight all in the pocket of the nose but leaning slightly back. Once I lock in I just try not to move, hang on until Im almost out of speed and pop out. I did a few today in my post below. Not the longest ones ever, but I was stoked as I haven't landed one over 2ft in over 6 months.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMH8WkzhC1w/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #509 on: March 07, 2021, 10:53:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I came here to post my progress on BS Crooks and BS 5-0's. I have had a bad time lately with BS Crooks (and 5-0's), until yesterday. just not locking in for either one. With 5-0s I would put down immediately to a 50-50 and with crooks id lock in like 2/10 tries.  Out of no where I got them both back idk why but Im not questioning it.

To hang on to crooks longer, what works for me is being on my toes as soon as I lock in with my head just behind the nose weight all in the pocket of the nose but leaning slightly back. Once I lock in I just try not to move, hang on until Im almost out of speed and pop out. I did a few today in my post below. Not the longest ones ever, but I was stoked as I haven't landed one over 2ft in over 6 months.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMH8WkzhC1w/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Popped out crooks are the best, as are balanced BS 5-0s, nice work!
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m