Author Topic: What are you trying to learn right now?  (Read 47971 times)

Ziad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -103
    • bouklao.com avatar image
Re: What are you trying to learn right now?
« Reply #510 on: March 07, 2021, 11:02:08 PM »
how to make friends

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #511 on: March 07, 2021, 11:04:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Anyone got any tips for holding crooked grinds for a long time without going into a noseslide or sticking on the wheel? Right now they’re like a speed trick for me, where I haul ass and do them for max eight or so feet before coming off the end of the ledge. I want to stretch them out so I can be a dude pushing 40 pretending I’m Tom Snape or something.
[close]

I came here to post my progress on BS Crooks and BS 5-0's. I have had a bad time lately with BS Crooks (and 5-0's), until yesterday. just not locking in for either one. With 5-0s I would put down immediately to a 50-50 and with crooks id lock in like 2/10 tries.  Out of no where I got them both back idk why but Im not questioning it.

To hang on to crooks longer, what works for me is being on my toes as soon as I lock in with my head just behind the nose weight all in the pocket of the nose but leaning slightly back. Once I lock in I just try not to move, hang on until Im almost out of speed and pop out. I did a few today in my post below. Not the longest ones ever, but I was stoked as I haven't landed one over 2ft in over 6 months.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMH8WkzhC1w/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

This is sick. Got any tips for switch crooks? You've got a good one. Never really practiced them, I can do em just very poorly.

Very rarely lock in and sit on it correctly, either truck gets in the right spot and my body isn't over it correctly or the truck misses/locks funny. Also very awkward to actually pop out and not turn out 180. I can hold switch slappy crooks pretty indefinitely and have all the other switch backside tricks so I feel like I should put some time into these.

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #512 on: March 08, 2021, 12:43:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Anyone got any tips for holding crooked grinds for a long time without going into a noseslide or sticking on the wheel? Right now they’re like a speed trick for me, where I haul ass and do them for max eight or so feet before coming off the end of the ledge. I want to stretch them out so I can be a dude pushing 40 pretending I’m Tom Snape or something.
[close]

I came here to post my progress on BS Crooks and BS 5-0's. I have had a bad time lately with BS Crooks (and 5-0's), until yesterday. just not locking in for either one. With 5-0s I would put down immediately to a 50-50 and with crooks id lock in like 2/10 tries.  Out of no where I got them both back idk why but Im not questioning it.

To hang on to crooks longer, what works for me is being on my toes as soon as I lock in with my head just behind the nose weight all in the pocket of the nose but leaning slightly back. Once I lock in I just try not to move, hang on until Im almost out of speed and pop out. I did a few today in my post below. Not the longest ones ever, but I was stoked as I haven't landed one over 2ft in over 6 months.

This is what I'm talking about right here.  I started to get the feel for sitting on a crooks for longer at the park yesterday, just how you said, by standing a bit more on my toes as soon as the truck hit the coping and then playing with my weight. Seems obvious in hindsight, since less heel drag=longer grinds and slides pretty much no matter what.  Eventually everything started working and I was popping out of them by the end of the session.  Now I just want to get out there and do some real long ones off the end of this 30-40 foot long, gently curved ledge from about halfway.  I think it's possible with a decent amount of speed and some wax, but I skate pretty fast anyway so missing the pinch and going ass over elbows from slipping on some kind of fucked up pseudo-nosegrind (which I sometimes do anyway) freaks me out. 

Those back 5-0s are looking sexy, too.  Textbook shit.  Makes me want to get them like that, since I usually drag my tail and have my nose angled over the ledge like some sort of dumpy ass salad grind.   

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #513 on: March 08, 2021, 02:15:59 PM »
Anyone got tips for kickflip back nosepick on a quarter? I’ve almost reeled a couple in but can’t get the lock in consistent. It either just goes to axle stall or slips down into disaster.

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #514 on: March 08, 2021, 08:11:03 PM »
Thank you for the positive comments pals  :). That session was a huge win for me mentally as I have been getting so bummed on both of these tricks recently, spending entire sessions trying them only to either not land one, or to land like one or two shitty ones. These are both tricks I have had fairly good most of my skate life, but seem to come and go over the past year or so.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

This is sick. Got any tips for switch crooks? You've got a good one. Never really practiced them, I can do em just very poorly.

Very rarely lock in and sit on it correctly, either truck gets in the right spot and my body isn't over it correctly or the truck misses/locks funny. Also very awkward to actually pop out and not turn out 180. I can hold switch slappy crooks pretty indefinitely and have all the other switch backside tricks so I feel like I should put some time into these.

Switch crooks is kind of the same story for me, I actually tried a few this same day and landed 2 super shitty ones but couldn't get even one decent one (gave up due to sore legs). I can do them and its one of my favorites but it seems like I can never have Reg and Switch crooks consistently at the same time. As soon as one comes back the other goes haha. I struggle the most with locking in properly (as with reg crooks). Best advice I can give is just to put in time trying them, especially if you can already do them just not consistently, having the sloppy version was going to be my first tip but looks like your good there. I can do Slappy switch crooks fairly easy as well. The issues I tend to have doing them on a ledge is my foot sliding off when I lock in, locking in properly and just sticking, locking in good but leaned too far back and slipping out or not getting the board onto the ledge at all. After 10-20 tries I usually sort this problem out and get a handful of good ones but shit it takes so much effort haha. For me its way harder to come out forward, I can pop out in the middle no issues back to switch, but even when I have them I can't sit on them like I can regular ones. But it's usually because Im not locking in/grinding them consistently.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

This is what I'm talking about right here.  I started to get the feel for sitting on a crooks for longer at the park yesterday, just how you said, by standing a bit more on my toes as soon as the truck hit the coping and then playing with my weight. Seems obvious in hindsight, since less heel drag=longer grinds and slides pretty much no matter what.  Eventually everything started working and I was popping out of them by the end of the session.  Now I just want to get out there and do some real long ones off the end of this 30-40 foot long, gently curved ledge from about halfway.  I think it's possible with a decent amount of speed and some wax, but I skate pretty fast anyway so missing the pinch and going ass over elbows from slipping on some kind of fucked up pseudo-nosegrind (which I sometimes do anyway) freaks me out. 

Those back 5-0s are looking sexy, too.  Textbook shit.  Makes me want to get them like that, since I usually drag my tail and have my nose angled over the ledge like some sort of dumpy ass salad grind.   

I know exactly what you mean and I'm glad I could help out. Im trying to push myself to skate a bit faster as I feel like I creep at everything, mostly due to a lack of confidence, especially with crooks. I want to just charge them and sit on this whole ledge but its terrifying when I don't lock in properly hauling ass haha. Baby steps though, we will get there.

I have a theory about my consistent regression and think its mainly due to not skating enough and being in poor shape. I get shin splints really often, and that makes skating way harder, thus keeping me from skating as often as I'd like, thus losing all my tricks, killing my confidence its a vicious cycle haha. I'm on a regimen though eating better, stretching/exercising and Ive skated every day for the past 6 days for at least 30 mins.

Lloyd Braun

« Reply #515 on: March 08, 2021, 08:15:49 PM »
how to make friends

x2 I'm bad about just putting in no effort to make friends and just go skate by myself 90% of the time

Skatebeard

• Rep: 129
« Reply #516 on: March 10, 2021, 08:14:36 AM »
Got absolutely worked trying fakie 360 shuvs on the weekend.

It's a trick that's always been a gap for me, find them far easier nollie... decided to put some work in, and i eventually "landed" 4 or 5, but kept landing too far back on the board and slipping out on the tail everytime, for some reason I can't seem to jump forward as I pop on these like i do with nollie ones.

I've totally tweaked my lower back out on one of the banana peel slams, gonna be off the board a couple weeks at least - before I consign this trick to the blacklist for good, any easy tips to eliminate landing on the tail and sliding out like a cartoon?

It pissed me right off as I almost never slide out on the tail on any trick, fakie or otherwise, but for some reason this trick just has me.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #517 on: March 10, 2021, 09:54:56 AM »
Got absolutely worked trying fakie 360 shuvs on the weekend.

It's a trick that's always been a gap for me, find them far easier nollie... decided to put some work in, and i eventually "landed" 4 or 5, but kept landing too far back on the board and slipping out on the tail everytime, for some reason I can't seem to jump forward as I pop on these like i do with nollie ones.

I've totally tweaked my lower back out on one of the banana peel slams, gonna be off the board a couple weeks at least - before I consign this trick to the blacklist for good, any easy tips to eliminate landing on the tail and sliding out like a cartoon?

It pissed me right off as I almost never slide out on the tail on any trick, fakie or otherwise, but for some reason this trick just has me.

You're probably leaning over your nose without realizing it or there's something in general that's wrong with your distribution (but leaning over the nose seems like a common mistake) and so you're off balance throughout the trick except it only manifests itself when you land. For this trick I just focus on keeping my weight centered over the middle of my board (leaning on the popping leg maybe even), and just like you I'm confident in my nollie 360 shoves so I usually pretend like I'm doing one of those instead, just mirrored. Keep your upper body upright too and watch that you aren't doing anything funny with your shoulders. You shouldn't blacklist that trick in my opinion, it's a fun one and it really opens the door to fakie 360 flips (which may be easier depending on who you ask so that's if you don't have those yet).

Brutal slams where you slip out and eat shit out of nowhere are the worst (side note but I think backside 360 ollies are a particularly bad offender at first), hope you get better soon and conquer that demon.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #518 on: March 11, 2021, 09:06:00 PM »
Trying to re-learn 360 flips, I can do them still but now I have to put in way more effort than before just to land them and I'm nowhere near consistent at them anymore.

Also, oddly enough I've noticed they're easier to do fakie for whatever reason and I can land them that way more often and with less effort.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #519 on: March 11, 2021, 09:58:15 PM »
Fucking pushing, man. My pushing ankle feels ruined but I’m sure it will come good in a month or so
Can’t ollie yet but I can make my way around the park and fs flip still worked so that’s nice

I met a nice young bloke at the park and I caught myself staring at his good young legs and his ollie

Little bastard I would eat your heart and marrow if I thought it would help my situation
listen to cosmic psychos

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #520 on: March 11, 2021, 10:51:55 PM »
Trying to re-learn 360 flips, I can do them still but now I have to put in way more effort than before just to land them and I'm nowhere near consistent at them anymore.

Also, oddly enough I've noticed they're easier to do fakie for whatever reason and I can land them that way more often and with less effort.

Maybe try adjusting your back foot placement ever so slightly as to toy around with how the rebound on your pop has your board react. My 360 flips used to always come and go and it took me a long time to grasp why but now I think as a skater with short legs, for me this trick is rather set-up dependent which means on every different deck shape I'll have to experiment a bit and find that sweet spot in the corner of the tail every time. Otherwise I don't change anything to my technique, just some trial and error on where to really scoop and once I find it the trick is back, at least till the next change in shape. On some the trick just works with a minimal amount of thinking, on some others it takes a bit more investment. Truck looseness also plays quite a big role.

MorningSesh

• Rep: 76
« Reply #521 on: March 17, 2021, 04:58:30 PM »
Bs flips, always smack up my shins trying these

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #522 on: March 20, 2021, 03:08:09 AM »
Haven't exactly really tried so far, but I really feel like learning this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VNazKO6qWE

I have good sweepers and on the right obstacle I think it could work well but holding that position on the grind on anything as slick as metal coping and then reentry feels a bit scary, and I guess ideally you want to hold it.

Somehow I can already picture @johnes doing it on a parking block!

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #523 on: March 24, 2021, 02:04:04 PM »
Anyone know the secret to doing proper bs feebles on ledges, where they're kind of tipped toeside and the one wheel just glides on top of the ledge?  I love bs feebles on flatbars and I want them on more stuff.   

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #524 on: March 25, 2021, 12:14:19 PM »
I been doing nothing but bs flips more or less. I want to do this flat gap at sunset at the beach. It's hard to find someone to film.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #525 on: March 25, 2021, 04:40:16 PM »
Thank you for the positive comments pals  :). That session was a huge win for me mentally as I have been getting so bummed on both of these tricks recently, spending entire sessions trying them only to either not land one, or to land like one or two shitty ones. These are both tricks I have had fairly good most of my skate life, but seem to come and go over the past year or so.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Switch crooks is kind of the same story for me, I actually tried a few this same day and landed 2 super shitty ones but couldn't get even one decent one (gave up due to sore legs). I can do them and its one of my favorites but it seems like I can never have Reg and Switch crooks consistently at the same time. As soon as one comes back the other goes haha. I struggle the most with locking in properly (as with reg crooks). Best advice I can give is just to put in time trying them, especially if you can already do them just not consistently, having the sloppy version was going to be my first tip but looks like your good there. I can do Slappy switch crooks fairly easy as well. The issues I tend to have doing them on a ledge is my foot sliding off when I lock in, locking in properly and just sticking, locking in good but leaned too far back and slipping out or not getting the board onto the ledge at all. After 10-20 tries I usually sort this problem out and get a handful of good ones but shit it takes so much effort haha. For me its way harder to come out forward, I can pop out in the middle no issues back to switch, but even when I have them I can't sit on them like I can regular ones. But it's usually because Im not locking in/grinding them consistently.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I know exactly what you mean and I'm glad I could help out. Im trying to push myself to skate a bit faster as I feel like I creep at everything, mostly due to a lack of confidence, especially with crooks. I want to just charge them and sit on this whole ledge but its terrifying when I don't lock in properly hauling ass haha. Baby steps though, we will get there.

I have a theory about my consistent regression and think its mainly due to not skating enough and being in poor shape. I get shin splints really often, and that makes skating way harder, thus keeping me from skating as often as I'd like, thus losing all my tricks, killing my confidence its a vicious cycle haha. I'm on a regimen though eating better, stretching/exercising and Ive skated every day for the past 6 days for at least 30 mins.

Why can't you be more like Lloyd Braun
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #526 on: March 28, 2021, 12:40:41 PM »
I found this really low ironclad stairstep that is great for learning new grind variations so this weekend I rolled away from my very first fakie FS 50/50s and nollie FS 50/50s. There's room for improvement stylewise but it was dope. I also came close to rolling away from FS 180 to switch 50/50s and pop shuv to FS 50/50s. I am also working on 5-0s (got a few but sketchy). I even more or less managed a few gross backside 50/50s but this one is going to take a lot of work, it just does not sit right with me.

It's fun and I even dream of getting back one of my signature tricks I did in the 90s: Kickflip to front 50/50.  ;D
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #527 on: March 29, 2021, 01:55:27 AM »
Getting more confident skating a medium tall ledge, I can't handle low ledges probably because I power pop all my tricks and don't control my pop as well.

That said, anyone have these 3 tricks?
Fakie BS Tail (the one that looks like a Nollie Noseslide)
Fakie FS 5-0
Fakie FS Crook

I know I just need to start trying it, but the thought of popping up fakie and balancing on the back (or front) truck feels like I'm going to stick or my board is going to shoot out from under me especially on FS 5-0 and Crook.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 02:17:32 AM by rocklobster »
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #528 on: March 29, 2021, 11:57:03 AM »
Getting more confident skating a medium tall ledge, I can't handle low ledges probably because I power pop all my tricks and don't control my pop as well.

That said, anyone have these 3 tricks?
Fakie BS Tail (the one that looks like a Nollie Noseslide)
Fakie FS 5-0
Fakie FS Crook

I know I just need to start trying it, but the thought of popping up fakie and balancing on the back (or front) truck feels like I'm going to stick or my board is going to shoot out from under me especially on FS 5-0 and Crook.

For fakie tails I posted this a few pages back I think (also they both look like nollie nose lol):

For the nollie front nose lookin way, you don't have to turn much, definitely feels like you only turn like 45 degrees, just do a solid fakie ollie and gently place your tail on the ledge, try to look backwards, dont twist your body too much by trying to look the direction you're going, and it should slide pretty well and you should be able to come back out to fakie. (you'll need this one for fakie fs crook btw)

Fakie tail (the nollie back nose lookin way) was a bit trickier for me. What helped was going fast, popping a solid fakie ollie. When I roll up, before I pop, I kind of have my weight evenly distributed, probably more weight on my non popping foot than when I do the other fakie tail where I don't think about weight distribution as much. After I pop I put all my weight over the popping foot so I can lock it into a good slide. I also really focus on sliding my non popping foot to level out the board well so that the tail doesn't hit the ledge on the way up. Sorry thats kind of a mouthful but hopefully you get what I mean.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 02:37:17 PM by tzhangdox »

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
« Reply #529 on: March 30, 2021, 01:19:25 AM »
Slappy smiths, both ways.

I have my regular slappies down, now I’m trying to slap into these guys. Is the foot placement much different? The angle of approach?
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #530 on: March 31, 2021, 05:39:39 AM »
Trying to learn balanced back and front 5-0's I can do both but usually dragging the tail. Also trying to get nollie inward heels on lock I landed my first one yesterday after about 10-15 minutes of working at them.

Lloyd Braun

« Reply #531 on: April 09, 2021, 10:29:10 PM »
Not really a trick, but looking for advice to get better board control. Lately I feel like I can’t land with my feet in the right positions on tricks (ledges) or manuals. I’m pretty sure I know the answer which is work on flip tricks more (I often have sessions where I don’t do one). I feel like my feet slide to the wrong spot often idk how to describe it better. All that to say general advice on getting better board control.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #532 on: April 11, 2021, 10:06:15 AM »
I found this low/mid-height flatbar in the city which is perfect for boardslides but it has a right angle on both ends. This means I have to learn yanking the board out of the slide to get back down. The tricky thing is to slide in the right position to have enough leverage to put down the back foot enough to lift the front truck over the bar and at the same time turn the board with the front foot. Tried it about 100 times this weekend and sometimes got pretty close, but no cigar (yet).
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Skatebeard

« Reply #533 on: April 12, 2021, 06:25:41 AM »
Anyone got any skate-hacks for inward heels? (fakie or regular, although I'm liable to get them fakie first).

Spent a solid chunk of time trying to learn them this past weekend, I can get the flip but i'm struggling to get the full 180 shuv rotation.

I did manage to learn half cab heels, for whatever reason I find it a lot easier when you go with the board.

Also spent a good hour trying to get varial heels, i can get the full rotation trying them fakie and even land one foot, but for the life of me, the board is still ending up way ahead of me so I can only catch it with my front foot.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #534 on: April 12, 2021, 06:52:16 AM »
Anyone got any skate-hacks for inward heels? (fakie or regular, although I'm liable to get them fakie first).

Spent a solid chunk of time trying to learn them this past weekend, I can get the flip but i'm struggling to get the full 180 shuv rotation.

I did manage to learn half cab heels, for whatever reason I find it a lot easier when you go with the board.

Also spent a good hour trying to get varial heels, i can get the full rotation trying them fakie and even land one foot, but for the life of me, the board is still ending up way ahead of me so I can only catch it with my front foot.

For both inward and varial heel I tend to angle my front foot inwards, so that the heel is already resting on the concave (which is why the toes are hanging off) in the right position to just kick out when I pop in a direction that compensates for the one of the pop shove-it, and that instantly starts the flip. For varial heel I also angle my back foot in a way that's parallel to my front foot, for inward heel I don't really think about it and instead focus on getting more of a vertical, straight downwards pop (something I recently realized also really helps a shit ton on hardflips). Then your front foot lifts the board up with you and then kick out and so you might want to get comfortable with the idea of the board possibly going through your legs on that trick. That's probably why you're currently finding halfcab heelflips easier too, it's basically the same thing except you don't risk your crotch nearly as much by committing (turning with the board while extending your thigh is less scary than just kicking out and letting it come around). Since you got halfcab heels, maybe work on backside heelflips for a little while, it's a great feeling trick and will indirectly teach you how to shape a lot of fun stuff including inward heels. Staying over varial heels shouldn't be scary though, once you've figured out the ideal position you just sort of hop backwards as you pop and if you keep your shoulders aligned and centered throughout the trick then it all should unfold right under you.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 06:59:54 AM by silhouette »

Skatebeard

« Reply #535 on: April 12, 2021, 09:06:12 AM »
funny you should say that, I did semi credit card myself on one of the inward heel attempts!

Useful stuff though, i'll give it all a go next time i fall down the heelflip variation rabbit hole, thx :D

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #536 on: April 12, 2021, 10:23:31 AM »
Working on BS Lipslides on a low ledge, the rails at my local part are either too short (4ft) or too tall for me to feel comfortable trying a new trick on. Managed to slide a very short distance and flop off the edge. I attribute this to popping too hard and getting too high above the ledge, so I slam in hard and lose all my speed. A buddy of mine who was working on the same trick managed to get some nice locked in ones with his front truck almost flush against the side of the angle iron.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -323
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #537 on: April 12, 2021, 10:41:47 AM »
Kickflop to bs nose slide

I got the kickflip dead on a ledge but when I’m trying to rollup in at say a 75• angle I either wimp out or I overshoot my board like over exaggerated kickflip and it goes to boardslide.

What the fuck is wrong with me?
Dueces Bitch's

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #538 on: April 12, 2021, 11:32:42 AM »
Kickflop to bs nose slide

I got the kickflip dead on a ledge but when I’m trying to rollup in at say a 75• angle I either wimp out or I overshoot my board like over exaggerated kickflip and it goes to boardslide.

What the fuck is wrong with me?

I'm trying to figure these out too. What helped me a bit was really trying to get your body over your nose as soon as you flick. Pop further away from the ledge than you think you need to. It feels a bit like a frontside flip (though I don't really have those), and it helps me a bit when I really do an aggressive ankle flick.

Kickflip crook is easier for a lot of people, I found those a bit easier to lock into at first. I can do both going really really slow as stalls now, but with any reasonable amount of speed and expectation of slide/grind they go to shit. The boardslide thing happens a lot to me too.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #539 on: April 13, 2021, 12:36:49 AM »
Switch 540 powerslides; I pretty much have them on lock but I just need to get it to more of a fluid movement, at the moment it’s a switch 360 powerslide with an extra revert ...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year