Author Topic: SF Skate Rape Culture  (Read 84468 times)

freealexp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
SF Skate Rape Culture
« on: April 08, 2020, 09:39:40 PM »
http://streamable.com/9u45p3

Apologies for the gossipy first subject, but I’m painfully bored and curious who people speculate she’s alluding to. Thoughts?

Edit: also bummed I didn’t embed properly first try or any try. Some old thread led me to believe removing the s in https would work but nah
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 09:41:12 PM by freealexp »

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: SF Skate Rape Culture
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2020, 10:13:38 PM »
Great thread
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2020, 10:53:22 PM »
I heard [insert hip sf artist] is a rapist
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Nicki

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2020, 01:53:57 AM »
I'm sure there's someway this could a less legimate topic for discussion that an anonymous person accusing non-specific people of non-specific crimes, but I can't think of what it is - maybe if her face was blurred out and her voice was scambled.

SF is basically one big frat house anyway. Well stocked with posers of all ages and genders, all looking to "be somebody" by any means necessary. Mostly by putting on a show that no one's watching. The implication being that if this story included names, addresses, and phone numbers you still wouldn't recognize or give a shit about any of them.

“Skateboarders are the jocks of SF”. I guess you’re one of the homies.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 01:58:59 AM by Nicki »

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2020, 02:37:00 AM »
All skaters are nazi rapists and sf loves them.

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2020, 04:16:38 AM »
There's a girl at my work that claims to be an artist. Talks non stop about all of her cash opinions that she has gained in her 24 years. Starbucks in hand every morning. Makes me laugh though... "I'm an artist" ... looks more like you're a temp worker on our production line, boo boo

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2020, 04:38:59 AM »
name names, air out your trash or stfu.

Sorry but there's no time and need in 2020 to hear how "the industry is shit" , we all know that.

The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

iNeverSkated

• Rep: 36
  • is this right?
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2020, 06:55:19 AM »
“Skaters are the jocks of San Francisco”

thebacker

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2020, 06:57:30 AM »
There's a girl at my work that claims to be an artist. Talks non stop about all of her cash opinions that she has gained in her 24 years. Starbucks in hand every morning. Makes me laugh though... "I'm an artist" ... looks more like you're a temp worker on our production line, boo boo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKeacp-5KsA

first clip

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3288
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2020, 07:29:02 AM »
Funny to think that in SF, if you play football, you're counter-culture and edgy.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2153
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2020, 07:37:16 AM »
Too early to coin the term “skrapist?”
Seems like there's enough of them that a new word might be useful when referencing they.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 09:08:24 PM by Lou Strux »

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Roast beef

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -733
  • My daughter is my world.
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2020, 07:40:01 AM »
I blame Jesse Vieira.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2020, 08:28:28 AM »

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2020, 08:52:39 AM »
Too early to coin the term “skrapist?”
Seems like theirs enough of them that a new word might be useful when referencing they.

If I hear that term, I'm thinking Omar Salazar; the original scrapist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDRugC11ELk

COMMUNITYPACK

• Rep: 51
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2020, 01:10:42 PM »
I know it's completely irrelevant to a very serious topic, and she's probably bang on the money with everything she said, but... do you think she was gutted when that Bumble notification popped up halfway through her consent awareness talk?

jesus horse

• Rep: -43
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2020, 03:07:48 PM »
.....as she gets Tinder notifications.

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2020, 03:23:59 PM »
lol my mans dating apps were goin BRAZY
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

Meekin

• Rep: 5
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2020, 03:39:31 PM »
Whole video is so fucking cringe.
There was an interview with TK, when he was a plumber. He got asked if he gets recognized on the job and his response was "No. Plumbin in disguise." Everyone on SLAP thought he said "put him in the sky"

iNeverSkated

• Rep: 36
  • is this right?
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2020, 03:40:42 PM »
I know it's completely irrelevant to a very serious topic, and she's probably bang on the money with everything she said, but... do you think she was gutted when that Bumble notification popped up halfway through her consent awareness talk?

Wouldn’t that be a notification for whoever recorded the screen?

imposter

• Rep: -63
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2020, 04:05:34 PM »
Ok

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2020, 04:15:04 PM »
My friend paid some artist to comission a piece of art and then was bragging about it in a skateshop and one of the ppl in the skateshop was all, "Dude fuck that guy, he's a rapist."

Let's just say my friend was not ecstatic about the "news" and to whom he may have paid his money...

shit4breakfast

• Rep: -15
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2020, 04:27:25 PM »
My friend paid some artist to comission a piece of art and then was bragging about it in a skateshop and one of the ppl in the skateshop was all, "Dude fuck that guy, he's a rapist."

Let's just say my friend was not ecstatic about the "news" and to whom he may have paid his money...

Joe Roberts?

shitsandwich

• Rep: -53
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2020, 04:30:34 PM »

Wait, what?

theresnothinghere

• Rep: 33
  • ugly with a heart of gold
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2020, 04:43:05 PM »
Damn, this whole thread is disheartening. Just wanna address that the video posted of her is not from her, it's a screen share, which is why you can see the notifications of someone getting tinder and bumble. If you're posting you're own video, your notifications don't come up but also, even if that were hers, are y'all really trying to compare consensual dating apps to assault as if they're on the same level whatsoever?
Rape culture is prevalent everywhere honestly but I've definitely seen it first hand in the skating scene (I'm in California). My homie was 15 dating a 21 year old skater and when they broke up he threatened to share her nudes and she had to consider taking him to court over it. Shit like that happens all the time when we have hella men in groups doing an activity that has excluded or belittled woman for a long time because who's going to win that argument? One woman or a skater and his entire crew, it's obvious.
Lastly, when you say shit like "name names" or "she's being vague" theres obviously a reason and she literally says it in the video. Whenever vulnerable populations out their abusers, they become targets. 

shit4breakfast

• Rep: -15
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2020, 04:49:25 PM »
Damn, this whole thread is disheartening. Just wanna address that the video posted of her is not from her, it's a screen share, which is why you can see the notifications of someone getting tinder and bumble. If you're posting you're own video, your notifications don't come up but also, even if that were hers, are y'all really trying to compare consensual dating apps to assault as if they're on the same level whatsoever?
Rape culture is prevalent everywhere honestly but I've definitely seen it first hand in the skating scene (I'm in California). My homie was 15 dating a 21 year old skater and when they broke up he threatened to share her nudes and she had to consider taking him to court over it. Shit like that happens all the time when we have hella men in groups doing an activity that has excluded or belittled woman for a long time because who's going to win that argument? One woman or a skater and his entire crew, it's obvious.
Lastly, when you say shit like "name names" or "she's being vague" theres obviously a reason and she literally says it in the video. Whenever vulnerable populations out their abusers, they become targets.

Tell Niggas Suck A Frank

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2020, 05:14:04 PM »
My homie was 15 dating a 21 year old

Bro lol

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2020, 08:22:45 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Joe Roberts?

No. I never heard of that guy...but I probably won't say who it is anyways as it was all just heresay and this is Slap.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2020, 08:34:44 PM »
I just watched the video. I feel for this lady and the plight of her and her female friends (and women in general)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 05:35:26 PM by EdLawndale »

HeapsCool

• Rep: -172
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2020, 08:43:54 PM »

what does that have to do with rape, poindexter? Are you saying if a girl uses tinder she can't be anti-rape? You're fucked.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2020, 10:08:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

what does that have to do with rape, poindexter? Are you saying if a girl uses tinder she can't be anti-rape? You're fucked.

That is very much what Jesus Horse has insinuated. Because Jesus Horse fucking sucks.
This thread fucking sucks. Not the video. Not the sentiment. Just the fucking weirdness. Fucking fuck goddamn it.