Author Topic: SF Skate Rape Culture  (Read 84476 times)

fredgallSOTY

Re: SF Skate Rape Culture
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2020, 10:09:12 PM »
Damn, this whole thread is disheartening. Just wanna address that the video posted of her is not from her, it's a screen share, which is why you can see the notifications of someone getting tinder and bumble. If you're posting you're own video, your notifications don't come up but also, even if that were hers, are y'all really trying to compare consensual dating apps to assault as if they're on the same level whatsoever?
Rape culture is prevalent everywhere honestly but I've definitely seen it first hand in the skating scene (I'm in California). My homie was 15 dating a 21 year old skater and when they broke up he threatened to share her nudes and she had to consider taking him to court over it. Shit like that happens all the time when we have hella men in groups doing an activity that has excluded or belittled woman for a long time because who's going to win that argument? One woman or a skater and his entire crew, it's obvious.
Lastly, when you say shit like "name names" or "she's being vague" theres obviously a reason and she literally says it in the video. Whenever vulnerable populations out their abusers, they become targets.

Putaslocas

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -291
  • EAT SHIT AND DIE
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2020, 11:07:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Damn, this whole thread is disheartening. Just wanna address that the video posted of her is not from her, it's a screen share, which is why you can see the notifications of someone getting tinder and bumble. If you're posting you're own video, your notifications don't come up but also, even if that were hers, are y'all really trying to compare consensual dating apps to assault as if they're on the same level whatsoever?
Rape culture is prevalent everywhere honestly but I've definitely seen it first hand in the skating scene (I'm in California). My homie was 15 dating a 21 year old skater and when they broke up he threatened to share her nudes and she had to consider taking him to court over it. Shit like that happens all the time when we have hella men in groups doing an activity that has excluded or belittled woman for a long time because who's going to win that argument? One woman or a skater and his entire crew, it's obvious.
Lastly, when you say shit like "name names" or "she's being vague" theres obviously a reason and she literally says it in the video. Whenever vulnerable populations out their abusers, they become targets.
[close]

Soo your homie was a 15 year old female who was dating a 21 year old male skater?? Or..your homie was a 15 year old male who was dating a 21 year old female skater?

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2020, 05:11:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Soo your homie was a 15 year old female who was dating a 21 year old male skater?? Or..your homie was a 15 year old male who was dating a 21 year old female skater?

Because those are the only two options. For sure.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2020, 05:15:17 AM »
Expand Quote
My homie was 15 dating a 21 year old
[close]

Bro lol

Lol is right.  When I was 15 skating wasn't as popular, therefore there were not as many skaters.  There would be (Mostly) guys from ten to 35+ at the session.  No one got raped as far as I know.   

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1080
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2020, 06:59:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
My homie was 15 dating a 21 year old
[close]

Bro lol
[close]

Lol is right.  When I was 15 skating wasn't as popular, therefore there were not as many skaters.  There would be (Mostly) guys from ten to 35+ at the session.  No one got raped as far as I know.

Ppl still probably got raped...
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

TheDingus

« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2020, 07:08:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
My friend paid some artist to comission a piece of art and then was bragging about it in a skateshop and one of the ppl in the skateshop was all, "Dude fuck that guy, he's a rapist."

Let's just say my friend was not ecstatic about the "news" and to whom he may have paid his money...
[close]

Joe Roberts?
[close]

More info on this claim? Sucks if true

Not a chance. I know Joe and he’s definitely no rapist.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1080
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2020, 07:37:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
My friend paid some artist to comission a piece of art and then was bragging about it in a skateshop and one of the ppl in the skateshop was all, "Dude fuck that guy, he's a rapist."

Let's just say my friend was not ecstatic about the "news" and to whom he may have paid his money...
[close]

Joe Roberts?
[close]

More info on this claim? Sucks if true
[close]

Not a chance. I know Joe and he’s definitely no rapist.

I can confirm that his is NOT the name that kid in the skate shop said (In fact, I've never even heard of this guy...)
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

COMMUNITYPACK

• Rep: 51
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2020, 10:58:19 AM »

I'm not, no. But it was hard not to laugh as those notifications popped up (off) during the video. That's why I said "I know it's not relevant.." etc. Also, yeah, that makes sense it would be the person recording the video from their phone, not the one making it. Which sort of now does make it funny, because it's some third party irony. Probably some aforementioned gross skateboard dickhead copying the video to make fun of the girl in someway, only to get his hook up notifications blowing up all over the place.

I'm not making light of consent, or lack there-of. Only the irony of sex-based hook up apps blowing up on the screen at the same time as a topic related to consent.

Oh, and yeah, I'm sure Tinder and the like are 100% consent based. Like no girl has ever suffered abuse from the hands of a douchebag she met on an app.

secondhandstoke

• Rep: -448
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2020, 11:37:39 AM »
being gang raped by 3 men at the same time is every womans fantasy what Bernie says so why doesn't she stfu.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/bernie-sanders-essay/

amlez2

• Rep: 9
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2020, 12:39:36 PM »
long time lurker first time poster, made a new account for this.

As someone from sf who has been subjected to the "scene", a lot of what she said here is absolutely true. I actually remember the account she was talking about initially in her video that aimed to expose sf abusers and rapists. The account was mass reported and struck down by "homies" enabling their friends. Theres a lot of enabling that goes on in the community over here whether its simply denying claims of abuse or just pretending to be blissfully ignorant. The culture in this city has bred an odd kind of toxicity. Theres a sense of "manliness" that I think many of the skaters here try to embody. Go down the biggest hill, go as fast as possible, don't back down. I think this bleeds over into interactions and that same "don't back down" attitude gets brought into allegations of sexual assault and harassment. For some reason people in this community think they can get away unscathed with harassment. Don't get me wrong though, this isn't every skater in the city, but rather a subset that is incredibly tight knit and happen to be somewhat relevant in the community. The idea that skaters are "the jocks of sf" is also funny to me. Just because these people happen to be relevant in the same cutty subset you occupy does not mean anyone else cares about them or views them note worthy. Still though, this abusive behavior is completely present and I'm glad someone is talking about it.

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1090
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2020, 01:17:16 PM »

As someone from sf who has been subjected to the "scene", a lot of what she said here is absolutely true. I actually remember the account she was talking about initially in her video that aimed to expose sf abusers and rapists. The account was mass reported and struck down by "homies" enabling their friends. Theres a lot of enabling that goes on in the community over here whether its simply denying claims of abuse or just pretending to be blissfully ignorant. The culture in this city has bred an odd kind of toxicity. Theres a sense of "manliness" that I think many of the skaters here try to embody. Go down the biggest hill, go as fast as possible, don't back down. I think this bleeds over into interactions and that same "don't back down" attitude gets brought into allegations of sexual assault and harassment. For some reason people in this community think they can get away unscathed with harassment. Don't get me wrong though, this isn't every skater in the city, but rather a subset that is incredibly tight knit and happen to be somewhat relevant in the community. The idea that skaters are "the jocks of sf" is also funny to me. Just because these people happen to be relevant in the same cutty subset you occupy does not mean anyone else cares about them or views them note worthy. Still though, this abusive behavior is completely present and I'm glad someone is talking about it.

I really wish names were named regarding this issue. Being vague about the identities of the abusers involved allows for the abuse to continue. It sucks and is disgusting that the account was mass reported off of IG, but that same coordinated effort cannot be duplicated on a platform like SLAP. 

Meekin

• Rep: 5
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2020, 01:47:41 PM »
this is slap, name names.
There was an interview with TK, when he was a plumber. He got asked if he gets recognized on the job and his response was "No. Plumbin in disguise." Everyone on SLAP thought he said "put him in the sky"

legion

• Rep: 32
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2020, 01:56:33 PM »
Yeah. That's some wannabe slut-shaming bs or whatever..
But.. your homie..
She was 15 and he was 21!! Am I missing something here?

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2020, 01:57:55 PM »
You don't have 15 year old girl homies?

Putaslocas

• Rep: -291
  • EAT SHIT AND DIE
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2020, 04:02:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Wtf are you talking about? Is someone mad because i assumed their genders? Cry about it. “For sure”

COMMUNITYPACK

• Rep: 51
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2020, 04:03:12 PM »

This is a fucking brilliant post, and I'm glad you made an account to make it. Keep talking.

Christmas Complete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 813
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2020, 04:52:48 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This is a fucking brilliant post, and I'm glad you made an account to make it. Keep talking. Name names.

Name. Names. Of course they can get away with it if no one will even mention the names of the supposed abusers. The only way anything will be addressed, one way or the other. Otherwise it's just, "You know, those relevant homies that are totally abusive." Which relevant homies? Relevant to whom? Who was abused by them? What was the abuse? "Phantom" abusers are just pointless rumors. Fucking spill it or you're just contributing to them "getting away unscathed".
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

jesus horse

• Rep: -43
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2020, 06:29:21 PM »
Expand Quote
.....as she gets Tinder notifications.
[close]

what does that have to do with rape, poindexter? Are you saying if a girl uses tinder she can't be anti-rape? You're fucked.

Tinder exists for easy sex. You get what you get. You and OK pull your head out of your self-righteous asses. Sounds like you both never got a Tinder hook-up

jesus horse

• Rep: -43
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2020, 06:30:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

what does that have to do with rape, poindexter? Are you saying if a girl uses tinder she can't be anti-rape? You're fucked.
[close]

Tinder exists for easy sex. You get what you get. You and OK pull your head out of your self-righteous asses. Sounds like you both never got a Tinder hook-up

It's called Irony. Look into it.

shitsandwich

• Rep: -53
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2020, 07:03:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Okay, I get it. Every rape case should be thrown out if the accuser has a tinder profile.

Also, if a someone has a tinder profile they should not be allowed to call out rape. I never knew these things,  thanks

Brguy

« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2020, 07:19:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

This is a fucking brilliant post, and I'm glad you made an account to make it. Keep talking. Name names.
[close]

Name. Names. Of course they can get away with it if no one will even mention the names of the supposed abusers. The only way anything will be addressed, one way or the other. Otherwise it's just, "You know, those relevant homies that are totally abusive." Which relevant homies? Relevant to whom? Who was abused by them? What was the abuse? "Phantom" abusers are just pointless rumors. Fucking spill it or you're just contributing to them "getting away unscathed".
And it's not like you can't do anything, just out the fuckers anonymously and anyone who's smart will know not to trust them.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2155
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2020, 09:01:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This is a fucking brilliant post, and I'm glad you made an account to make it. Keep talking.
Going to 2nd that sentiment & welcome to SLAP, if I’m allowed to say that.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

theresnothinghere

• Rep: 33
  • ugly with a heart of gold
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2020, 09:39:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm not, no. But it was hard not to laugh as those notifications popped up (off) during the video. That's why I said "I know it's not relevant.." etc. Also, yeah, that makes sense it would be the person recording the video from their phone, not the one making it. Which sort of now does make it funny, because it's some third party irony. Probably some aforementioned gross skateboard dickhead copying the video to make fun of the girl in someway, only to get his hook up notifications blowing up all over the place.

I'm not making light of consent, or lack there-of. Only the irony of sex-based hook up apps blowing up on the screen at the same time as a topic related to consent.

Oh, and yeah, I'm sure Tinder and the like are 100% consent based. Like no girl has ever suffered abuse from the hands of a douchebag she met on an app.

I feel yah, honestly it was just the comments in general but i'm glad you recognize that!

theresnothinghere

• Rep: 33
  • ugly with a heart of gold
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2020, 09:42:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Not that it matters, but they were both skaters. I met her when she was trying to end it at 17 and I'm two years older  and we're both older now but if you meant there are more gender options, they're both cis though to clarify :-)

Yesterdays-pop

• Rep: -388
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2020, 10:55:02 PM »
Get new friends

HeapsCool

• Rep: -172
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2020, 01:43:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

So wait you classify easy sex as rape?

NBD4ABD

« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2020, 04:58:52 AM »
She is on point.. Im not the only one that sees that most skaters metaphorically suck each others dicks ahahha, Fuck you.

NBD4ABD

« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2020, 05:00:13 AM »
Funny to think that in SF, if you play football, you're counter-culture and edgy.
I hate you, But this so funny and true.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2020, 07:28:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

The easiest sex includes consent you little fucking moron.

Saint Coke

« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2020, 11:45:45 AM »
Glad I don't live in SF anymore.