Author Topic: SF Skate Rape Culture  (Read 84474 times)

NBD4ABD

Re: SF Skate Rape Culture
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2020, 01:14:06 AM »
Expand Quote
long time lurker first time poster, made a new account for this.

As someone from sf who has been subjected to the "scene", a lot of what she said here is absolutely true. I actually remember the account she was talking about initially in her video that aimed to expose sf abusers and rapists. The account was mass reported and struck down by "homies" enabling their friends. Theres a lot of enabling that goes on in the community over here whether its simply denying claims of abuse or just pretending to be blissfully ignorant. The culture in this city has bred an odd kind of toxicity. Theres a sense of "manliness" that I think many of the skaters here try to embody. Go down the biggest hill, go as fast as possible, don't back down. I think this bleeds over into interactions and that same "don't back down" attitude gets brought into allegations of sexual assault and harassment. For some reason people in this community think they can get away unscathed with harassment. Don't get me wrong though, this isn't every skater in the city, but rather a subset that is incredibly tight knit and happen to be somewhat relevant in the community. The idea that skaters are "the jocks of sf" is also funny to me. Just because these people happen to be relevant in the same cutty subset you occupy does not mean anyone else cares about them or views them note worthy. Still though, this abusive behavior is completely present and I'm glad someone is talking about it.
[close]

I really wish names were named regarding this issue. Being vague about the identities of the abusers involved allows for the abuse to continue. It sucks and is disgusting that the account was mass reported off of IG, but that same coordinated effort cannot be duplicated on a platform like SLAP.
Do you hear yourself?

jesus horse

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -43
« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2020, 07:42:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
.....as she gets Tinder notifications.
[close]

what does that have to do with rape, poindexter? Are you saying if a girl uses tinder she can't be anti-rape? You're fucked.
[close]

Tinder exists for easy sex. You get what you get. You and OK pull your head out of your self-righteous asses. Sounds like you both never got a Tinder hook-up
[close]

Okay, I get it. Every rape case should be thrown out if the accuser has a tinder profile.

Also, if a someone has a tinder profile they should not be allowed to call out rape. I never knew these things,  thanks

You're reaching way too far. Grab this thing called a dictionary and look up "Irony"

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1090
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2020, 09:48:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
long time lurker first time poster, made a new account for this.

As someone from sf who has been subjected to the "scene", a lot of what she said here is absolutely true. I actually remember the account she was talking about initially in her video that aimed to expose sf abusers and rapists. The account was mass reported and struck down by "homies" enabling their friends. Theres a lot of enabling that goes on in the community over here whether its simply denying claims of abuse or just pretending to be blissfully ignorant. The culture in this city has bred an odd kind of toxicity. Theres a sense of "manliness" that I think many of the skaters here try to embody. Go down the biggest hill, go as fast as possible, don't back down. I think this bleeds over into interactions and that same "don't back down" attitude gets brought into allegations of sexual assault and harassment. For some reason people in this community think they can get away unscathed with harassment. Don't get me wrong though, this isn't every skater in the city, but rather a subset that is incredibly tight knit and happen to be somewhat relevant in the community. The idea that skaters are "the jocks of sf" is also funny to me. Just because these people happen to be relevant in the same cutty subset you occupy does not mean anyone else cares about them or views them note worthy. Still though, this abusive behavior is completely present and I'm glad someone is talking about it.
[close]

I really wish names were named regarding this issue. Being vague about the identities of the abusers involved allows for the abuse to continue. It sucks and is disgusting that the account was mass reported off of IG, but that same coordinated effort cannot be duplicated on a platform like SLAP.
[close]
Do you hear yourself?

Loud and clear. Sorry if making you read beyond a 6th-grade level made you uncomfortable. 

shit4breakfast

• Rep: -15
« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2020, 10:36:05 AM »
3 pages and still no names, weak

amlez2

• Rep: 9
« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2020, 10:35:57 AM »
Updating everyone on slap because it seems like theres been a lot of development since my initial post.

First of all, it seems there is a new, hidden page to expose these abusers and assaulters. On this new page many of the stories I heard mentioned in passing have been posted in full by the victims.

There have been multiple posts have been made about

Jordin Martinez the owner of create skateboards

https://imgur.com/a/96xkiUT (IMGUR link with posts of allegations)

https://www.instagram.com/crustsoup/ (Jordin's Instagram)
https://www.instagram.com/create_skateboards/ (create skateboard's instagram)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLLSswiG0rg (create video posted on thrasher for context)

Tony Martinez (instashings) a rider for Western World Clothing a notable crew and company from SF that has been posted by transworld multiple times

https://imgur.com/a/KRFWjw1 (IMGUR link with posts of allegations)

https://www.instagram.com/instashings/ (Tony's Instagram)
https://www.instagram.com/westernworldclothing/ (western World's instagram)
https://youtu.be/BXMSpBtjoKo?t=959 (some clips of Tony in the Western World video STAY AWAYSTED for context)

These allegations get even more scary when I think back to all the times I've seen these dudes hanging around with younger people in the scene and knowing that many of these kids look up to both these dudes as sources of inspiration.

SAH ALL DAY

« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2020, 10:48:40 AM »
Thanks for exposing this. I'm sure there is more to come. Most of my kooks were bringing this shit up. I clearly remember having my rep plummet in certain threads.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2020, 11:20:16 AM »
A new hidden page ?
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

amlez2

« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2020, 11:29:16 AM »
A new hidden page ?
yes, if you look back this whole thread stemmed from an instagram page that was mass reported by skaters who were trying to protect their abusive homies reputations and get it taken down. This new instagram page seemingly works by keeping its presence hidden so this cant happen again.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #68 on: July 08, 2020, 03:14:39 AM »
Who the fuck are these guys?  Am I just out of the loop or are they actually a big part of the SF scene?

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -204
« Reply #69 on: July 08, 2020, 03:30:21 AM »

Exactly

suckmadeck

• Rep: 27
« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2020, 05:17:13 AM »
Damn, I remember seeing a clip of Jordan falling with his HPX/Xtreme set up and cringing. If ALL this shit is true, then fuck him and Create too. And whilst we're at it, fuck Tony too.

GX1000 gave a man brain damage but we're willing to forget that!

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -454
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2020, 07:38:44 AM »
Not totally shocked. Honestly a lot of the coolguy SF/NYC companies and their riders give off suspicious vibes. Wouldn’t be surprised if inflated egos contribute to some piss poor behavior of many varieties.

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2020, 10:58:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Exactly

Oh, so you are a piece of shit.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #73 on: July 08, 2020, 11:22:20 AM »
Who the fuck are these guys?  Am I just out of the loop or are they actually a big part of the SF scene?

yea Im out the loop too...
took a peek at that video and saw tafari whittier *sp?  who I seen skates with the max allure crew

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #74 on: July 08, 2020, 11:30:59 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Exactly
ah i see, so women who use tinder wish to be sexually assaulted?

COMMUNITYPACK

• Rep: 51
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #75 on: July 08, 2020, 01:00:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Exactly
[close]

As someone mentioned earlier, when I made a piss-poor "joke" about the same thing, the Tinder notifications are from the person screen recording the video. NOT the person making the video.

And it wouldn't fucking matter if IT was the person making the video. We should shut the fuck up for a while and just listen to people.

BDPosse

« Reply #76 on: July 08, 2020, 01:27:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Exactly
[close]
Thank you not mike!

Chapingro

• Rep: 8
« Reply #77 on: July 08, 2020, 01:28:52 PM »
Expand Quote
A new hidden page ?
[close]
yes, if you look back this whole thread stemmed from an instagram page that was mass reported by skaters who were trying to protect their abusive homies reputations and get it taken down. This new instagram page seemingly works by keeping its presence hidden so this cant happen again.

is the instagram page available for people like me who are in the Bay and would like to support in some way? I'd like to at least stay informed about who's a sexual assaulter so i can let people know.

BayZ

• Rep: -6
« Reply #78 on: July 08, 2020, 03:41:13 PM »
Lol...SF skate scene has always been on some “cool guy” BS, I’ve watched hella heads get 0 attention as local rippers but they lack the “edgeyness” support MaxAllure skateboards, Tafari and Karl are the best dudes out..

dr. radishh

• Rep: 77
« Reply #79 on: July 08, 2020, 03:47:38 PM »
misogyny and death threats, now we’re talkin

Craig Lutzka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
« Reply #80 on: July 08, 2020, 03:55:12 PM »
Yeah shit got real but it’s already deleted.

dr. radishh

« Reply #81 on: July 08, 2020, 03:59:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

damn, should’ve screenshotted. shout out to admins for deleting that so quickly, assuming it was one of y’all

DA BIG BODY BENZ

• Rep: -122
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #82 on: July 08, 2020, 04:12:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Damn, this whole thread is disheartening. Just wanna address that the video posted of her is not from her, it's a screen share, which is why you can see the notifications of someone getting tinder and bumble. If you're posting you're own video, your notifications don't come up but also, even if that were hers, are y'all really trying to compare consensual dating apps to assault as if they're on the same level whatsoever?
Rape culture is prevalent everywhere honestly but I've definitely seen it first hand in the skating scene (I'm in California). My homie was 15 dating a 21 year old skater and when they broke up he threatened to share her nudes and she had to consider taking him to court over it. Shit like that happens all the time when we have hella men in groups doing an activity that has excluded or belittled woman for a long time because who's going to win that argument? One woman or a skater and his entire crew, it's obvious.
Lastly, when you say shit like "name names" or "she's being vague" theres obviously a reason and she literally says it in the video. Whenever vulnerable populations out their abusers, they become targets.
[close]

On some real playa shit

amlez2

« Reply #83 on: July 08, 2020, 05:56:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

damn, should’ve screenshotted. shout out to admins for deleting that so quickly, assuming it was one of y’all
Is this directed towards my post? If so, sorry still new to posting here and wasn't aware sharing this broke any rules, if not, it seems like one of the imgur links got taken down, does anyone know a better alternative that wont remove these kind of allegations?

Expand Quote
[close]

yea Im out the loop too...
took a peek at that video and saw tafari whittier *sp?  who I seen skates with the max allure crew

The video I linked was an old create video when a lot of the maxallure crew used to ride for create, as well as Nico Hiraga who is now on IC. If I'm remembering correctly a lot of the maxallure riders had a falling out with the brand (for what reason I don't entirely know, maybe someone more informed can shed some light on this, but it seems like they distanced themselves relatively quickly.)

The awaysted crew/ Western World dudes remain one of the bigger crews in the scene currently. They used to have a loose connection to GX, mainly through Pablo (RIP).

Lol...SF skate scene has always been on some “cool guy” BS, I’ve watched hella heads get 0 attention as local rippers but they lack the “edgeyness” support MaxAllure skateboards, Tafari and Karl are the best dudes out..

Not totally shocked. Honestly a lot of the coolguy SF/NYC companies and their riders give off suspicious vibes. Wouldn’t be surprised if inflated egos contribute to some piss poor behavior of many varieties.

Can't speak on the NYC scene but the odd thing about this, and many other cases I've heard like it is that it isn't pulled off by the people you'd usually think to carry the whole "cool guy" attitude. While well known, many of these riders tout the accepting friendly skater act, often putting young kids on, giving them product etc. I think a lot of times this works as a kind of shield of defense "Oh, so and so couldn't have done that, look what he does for the local kids, he's so nice" etc. I vaguely remember a story last year, where a dude working at a local kids skate organization was accused of knowingly giving girls stds, and was allegedly using this same tactic.

dr. radishh

« Reply #84 on: July 08, 2020, 08:46:16 PM »
nah amlez, you good. was referring to the owner of create (i think?) who made an account to call the accusers ‘lame ass lil girls’ and threaten to put other SF skate crews in the ground

amlez2

« Reply #85 on: July 08, 2020, 10:10:24 PM »
nah amlez, you good. was referring to the owner of create (i think?) who made an account to call the accusers ‘lame ass lil girls’ and threaten to put other SF skate crews in the ground
Probably explains why the link got taken down. I assume that means it was manually struck down and imgur didn't randomly remove it. Seems like history repeats itself just like the old instagram page.

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #86 on: July 08, 2020, 10:53:27 PM »
Imagine rolling around with a crew of peeps so lame that the whole lot of you could get put in the ground by rape accusations
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

amlez2

« Reply #87 on: July 09, 2020, 10:12:29 AM »
Noticed slap has its own image upload function. Would it be best to just re post the allegations directly to this thread, avoiding imgur?

suckmadeck

• Rep: 27
« Reply #88 on: July 09, 2020, 10:29:13 AM »
I called Jordan out and Create and now they're harassing me daily lol ok mate

Marinara Harris

• Rep: 5
« Reply #89 on: July 09, 2020, 06:13:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

what does that have to do with rape, poindexter? Are you saying if a girl uses tinder she can't be anti-rape? You're fucked.
[close]

Tinder exists for easy sex. You get what you get. You and OK pull your head out of your self-righteous asses. Sounds like you both never got a Tinder hook-up

Have you never recorded anything on your phone? When you watch it back do your notifications pop up? Theres even the option to message the person who posted the video, because the person watching is screen recording. How do you not understand something that easy? How do you not know that but then make an insult like you've hooked up on Tinder more than HeapsCool? An insult like that means you also look at hookups as a number. You went right to assuming the victim was in the wrong despite those notifications obviously not coming from the girl in the video.