Author Topic: SF Skate Rape Culture  (Read 84451 times)

dilbert1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 141
Re: SF Skate Rape Culture
« Reply #960 on: December 06, 2020, 11:00:22 AM »
My sincere apologies in advance for bumping this thread, but as of yesterday Create's Youtube account claims that Ruben dude is fired. Jordin still prancing around without a shred of concern (much less acknowledgment) of the allegations against him. What Ruben did with his words is essentially the same as what Create and Jordin continue to do with their silence.

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 358
« Reply #961 on: December 06, 2020, 11:02:03 AM »
My sincere apologies in advance for bumping this thread, but as of yesterday Create's Youtube account claims that Ruben dude is fired. Jordin still prancing around without a shred of concern (much less acknowledgment) of the allegations against him. What Ruben did with his words is essentially the same as what Create and Jordin continue to do with their silence.

One small step for SLAP, one giant leap for @EdLawndale

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2150
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #962 on: December 06, 2020, 12:23:32 PM »
It may have taken a minute for the water to boil, but @EdLawndale  applied the heat & @Xoflipxo got cooked in the process. Kid should’ve prolly listened. Dang.
Ed delivered for Ruben, time will tell if Jordin receives his parcel full of justice.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

lovermangenius

• Rep: 16
« Reply #963 on: December 06, 2020, 12:54:24 PM »
I know I'm going to get piled on for saying this, but if that xoflip guy lost his job because of Slap that's pretty lame. He said some (admittedly unconscionably bad) things online and now he's jobless in the middle of a global pandemic in the most expensive city in America. At the same time that other kid who probably assaulted people and his dad are insulated by their wealth.

You can say "well there are consequences for your actions!" all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that you essentially just weaponized the precarity of capitalism against some young black guy in SF after repeatedly egging him on. A lot of people want to talk big about the ills of policing but then turn around and replicate the same bloodthirsty drive for punitive justice.

hueycinn

• Rep: 24
« Reply #964 on: December 06, 2020, 01:06:53 PM »
I know I'm going to get piled on for saying this, but if that xoflip guy lost his job because of Slap that's pretty lame. He said some (admittedly unconscionably bad) things online and now he's jobless in the middle of a global pandemic in the most expensive city in America. At the same time that other kid who probably assaulted people and his dad are insulated by their wealth.

You can say "well there are consequences for your actions!" all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that you essentially just weaponized the precarity of capitalism against some young black guy in SF after repeatedly egging him on. A lot of people want to talk big about the ills of policing but then turn around and replicate the same bloodthirsty drive for punitive justice.

no. he lost his job because of his behavior that made its way to the public. you missing this point so sincerely makes the rest of your post irrelevant.

lovermangenius

« Reply #965 on: December 06, 2020, 01:19:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

no. he lost his job because of his behavior that made its way to the public. you missing this point so sincerely makes the rest of your post irrelevant.

There was a guy in this thread emailing his boss, other tenants of the building their shop was in, etc. If they just stumbled upon his posts I’d agree with you but that’s almost certainly not happened.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #966 on: December 06, 2020, 01:33:11 PM »
Did you guys miss how much money he made as a bar back?   He was just working as a hobby

dilbert1

« Reply #967 on: December 06, 2020, 01:41:47 PM »

I would agree that it's super fucked of Create to scapegoat xoflip for cramping their PMA style on SLAP as a way of sidestepping the serious allegations against Jordin. Jordin is really the one who ought to be held accountable. Jordin's actions/silence far outweigh any kind of verbal diarrhea, however malicious.

That being said, why should xo or anyone else who publicly threatens others with/brags about/downplays rape also be financially insulated by Create? Anyone working at a "normal shop" (the kind without wealthy father-figure investors, ones that have actual bottom lines) who pulled that shit would be fired, regardless of their race or employment prospects. I don't see how anyone can reasonably assume security in their employment when they're online, not anonymous, publicly baiting people into meeting in person to fight and get raped, saying (and defending) all kinds of heinous despicable shit.... not everyone who bears witness to that is just gonna let it slide.

Jordin's a rich guy, maybe he'll throw xo a bone for defending his honor. You know, like a rape-apologist severance package? There are so many honest hard-working people getting fucked by the economy right now, how many of them have been priced out of gentrified neighborhoods in SF and had to pack up and leave?? I just can't bring myself to feel sorry for Ruben, but I will say on a more general note I wish him well in the future and hope he can grow to be a better person.

QUSH

• Rep: -32
« Reply #968 on: December 06, 2020, 01:48:31 PM »
thrasher deleted my comment on create's new video on their channel. all i asked was if this was the company that harbored rapists

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #969 on: December 06, 2020, 01:52:13 PM »
Did you guys miss how much money he made as a bar back?   He was just working as a hobby
Yep, THIS.^^^
Li’l Chicas is gonna land on his feet & mumble rap his way into more bitches ‘n’ Benjamin’s, jus’ like he always does.
Nah, just playin’; dude would be screwed if he didn’t live with his mom.
Good luck Flip.

EDIT: @dilbert1 I am yet to find any statement on their YouTube channel regarding Ruben. Possible to link?

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

dilbert1

« Reply #970 on: December 06, 2020, 02:04:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yep, THIS.^^^
Li’l Chicas is gonna land on his feet & mumble rap his way into more bitches ‘n’ Benjamin’s, jus’ like he always does.
Good luck Flip.

EDIT: @dilbert1 I am yet to find any statement on their YouTube channel regarding Ruben. Possible to link?

https://youtu.be/Q3c-gc4NK5o
its in the comment thread asking about Lil Dre

here are screen caps in case they're scrubbed

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #971 on: December 06, 2020, 02:18:38 PM »
Apreesh.
Create dodges a bullet by throwing that poor dip-shit, Yung Chicas, in front of it.
"Everyday is a gunshot, and another one get dropped."
https://youtu.be/QYvj077NW1k

lovermangenius

« Reply #972 on: December 06, 2020, 02:27:01 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I would agree that it's super fucked of Create to scapegoat xoflip for cramping their PMA style on SLAP as a way of sidestepping the serious allegations against Jordin. Jordin is really the one who ought to be held accountable. Jordin's actions/silence far outweigh any kind of verbal diarrhea, however malicious.

That being said, why should xo or anyone else who publicly threatens others with/brags about/downplays rape also be financially insulated by Create? Anyone working at a "normal shop" (the kind without wealthy father-figure investors, ones that have actual bottom lines) who pulled that shit would be fired, regardless of their race or employment prospects. I don't see how anyone can reasonably assume security in their employment when they're online, not anonymous, publicly baiting people into meeting in person to fight and get raped, saying (and defending) all kinds of heinous despicable shit.... not everyone who bears witness to that is just gonna let it slide.

Jordin's a rich guy, maybe he'll throw xo a bone for defending his honor. You know, like a rape-apologist severance package? There are so many honest hard-working people getting fucked by the economy right now, how many of them have been priced out of gentrified neighborhoods in SF and had to pack up and leave?? I just can't bring myself to feel sorry for Ruben, but I will say on a more general note I wish him well in the future and hope he can grow to be a better person.

Hey man, I'm not saying he shouldn't have been fired by Create. Having someone bring that negative attention on your company makes it a no brainer. I'm saying that people in this thread knew that he would be fired if Create found out what he was saying and acted to make that happen by identifying him (it was incredibly stupid to use his rap name as his handle but whatever) and then reaching out to them. Go back and look at everything EdLawndale claimed to do in this thread. 

Do I think what that guy said was reprehensible? Absolutely. But rushing to get him fired in a country with a meager social safety net during a major recession is a heavy response.

lovermangenius

« Reply #973 on: December 06, 2020, 02:44:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Yep, THIS.^^^
Good luck Flip.

[close]

That comment about 6th not being expensive is weird, weren't they constantly bragging about their proximity to Supreme? I was under the impression that property in SOMA was pretty expensive.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #974 on: December 06, 2020, 02:57:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Yep, THIS.^^^
Good luck Flip.

[close]

[close]

That comment about 6th not being expensive is weird, weren't they constantly bragging about their proximity to Supreme? I was under the impression that property in SOMA was pretty expensive.
Oh, it IS!
Dude's point was that there are some retail areas with higher cost-per-foot real estate.
"Hey, look... IT's GODZILLA!!!" (points the other direction, then pushes Li'l Flippers under the bus while we're distracted)
Don't feel sorry for that ding-dong though, he got a valuable education in public relations at very low cost, while he was still young enough to put it's lessons to use.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 05:34:47 PM by Lou Strux »

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 752
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #975 on: December 06, 2020, 03:01:23 PM »
6th street is cheap if you’re a rich techie piece of shit

Perspective.

nothing's been the since same

YungJugg

• Rep: 225
« Reply #976 on: December 06, 2020, 03:10:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Hey man, I'm not saying he shouldn't have been fired by Create. Having someone bring that negative attention on your company makes it a no brainer. I'm saying that people in this thread knew that he would be fired if Create found out what he was saying and acted to make that happen by identifying him (it was incredibly stupid to use his rap name as his handle but whatever) and then reaching out to them. Go back and look at everything EdLawndale claimed to do in this thread. 

Do I think what that guy said was reprehensible? Absolutely. But rushing to get him fired in a country with a meager social safety net during a major recession is a heavy response.

Really sticking up for someone that defended and promoted rape? I don’t care if dude becomes another junkie smoking fent 30s in the Tenderloin, let alone lose his job at a skateshop.

lovermangenius

« Reply #977 on: December 06, 2020, 03:37:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Really sticking up for someone that defended and promoted rape? I don’t care if dude becomes another junkie smoking fent 30s in the Tenderloin, let alone lose his job at a skateshop.

I think what the guy said was unambiguously terrible.

That being said, it's out of order to have compassion in one situation (thinking that trivializing rape is bad) and none in another (deciding that anyone who trivializes rape is worthy of any punishment regardless of severity). I don't think the guy is actually going to end up a junkie or whatever, but lets be honest about what happened here. Nobody tried to seriously engage with him, they egged him on and then tattled.

Compassion isn't about only caring for people you think are good, it's also about caring for pieces of shit you don't like. That's the difference between retributive justice and restorative justice.

His buddy Jordin on the other hand is a different story. Unfortunately a lot of the accusations against him have gotten taken down (I imagine his rich dad probably had something to do with that), but from what I can tell it seems like he is guilty of some really serious stuff.

freealexp

• Rep: 2
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #978 on: December 06, 2020, 03:45:46 PM »

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #979 on: December 06, 2020, 04:00:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

That being said, it's out of order to have compassion in one situation (thinking that trivializing rape is bad) and none in another (deciding that anyone who trivializes rape is worthy of any punishment regardless of severity). I don't think the guy is actually going to end up a junkie or whatever, but lets be honest about what happened here. Nobody tried to seriously engage with him, they egged him on and then tattled.

Compassion isn't about only caring for people you think are good, it's also about caring for pieces of shit you don't like. That's the difference between retributive justice and restorative justice.

His buddy Jordin on the other hand is a different story. Unfortunately a lot of the accusations against him have gotten taken down (I imagine his rich dad probably had something to do with that), but from what I can tell it seems like he is guilty of some really serious stuff.

That's definitely not true @lovermangenius . A few of us actually tried to talk to him. However, if you make rape jokes and threaten to rape people -  then you're rolling the dice. That's just how it is and SLAP didn't create consequences.

lovermangenius

« Reply #980 on: December 06, 2020, 04:08:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

That's definitely not true @lovermangenius . A few of us actually tried to talk to him. However, if you make rape jokes and threaten to rape people -  then you're rolling the dice. That's just how it is and SLAP didn't create consequences.

I looked back at the thread and you're right, I apologize. I know I'm probably going overboard about this, I've just seen the toll unemployment has taken on a lot of people I know this year. There are very few people I would wish it on at this moment in history.

Dirk_Diggler

« Reply #981 on: December 06, 2020, 05:47:17 PM »
He flew too close to the sun (Edlawndale) and got burned.

thefriscokid

• Rep: 6
« Reply #982 on: December 06, 2020, 06:56:54 PM »
Hahahaha fucking hell Im laughing my ass off here, xoflipxo really made his own bed after infinite ignorant responses and stupid logic, according to him he didnt even get paid at the shop, so think of him more as a volunteer.

Honestly Create is a bastard child of a company, saturated rainbow manatee aesthetic and all.
Chris and Jordin Martinez will never redeem themselves without addressing the truth. He gives me a small 45 vibe the way hes self promoting in the comments telling people theyre selling a lot of product.
You can hide in the dirt until the community demands an answer, that Seattle google doc should repeat in SF if someone was willing enough. Shoutout to Lawndale for taking care of flippy

two times

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #983 on: December 06, 2020, 07:34:25 PM »
it doesn't change the fact that you essentially just weaponized the precarity of capitalism against some young black guy in SF after repeatedly egging him on.

..."Black"...?
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

lovermangenius

« Reply #984 on: December 06, 2020, 08:05:05 PM »
Expand Quote
it doesn't change the fact that you essentially just weaponized the precarity of capitalism against some young black guy in SF after repeatedly egging him on.
[close]

..."Black"...?

The pic I saw of him I thought he looked mixed but I could be totally wrong or confusing him with another of the create guys. My bad if that's not the case.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #985 on: December 06, 2020, 09:19:50 PM »
Turns out that they were on some NUT shit, and Ruben was just the last poor bastard to find out.
C’est la vie, Chicas.
Now arise, Li’l Flip, from the ashes of the fire you yourself started.
Arise like some sort of rapping, raping phoenix & make a new life for yourself.
Hopefully, for all of our sakes, it will contain a good deal less rapping & preferably NO raping.
Best of luck with that, eh?

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #986 on: December 06, 2020, 09:49:15 PM »
6th street is cheap if you’re a rich techie piece of shit

Perspective.

Definitely. Every time on the news when they say SF rent is going down, it's so dumb cause it's still leaps and bounds more expensive then say Oakland. It's cheaper for SF which isn't saying much.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #987 on: December 06, 2020, 09:54:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

..."Black"...?
[close]

The pic I saw of him I thought he looked mixed but I could be totally wrong or confusing him with another of the create guys. My bad if that's not the case.

His name is Ruben Chicas

bawwtaadd

• Rep: -4
« Reply #988 on: December 06, 2020, 10:00:30 PM »
U can't unrape some one
U can only punish them r accept it.

I raped a couple times me and her together it USDA be like that .shit auto corrected

So u gotta shoot em up or do nuttin ya do nuttin

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #989 on: December 06, 2020, 10:15:14 PM »
His name is Ruben Chicas.
I understand.
In death a member of project manatee has a name.
His name is Ruben Chicas. His name is Ruben Chicas.