Author Topic: SF Skate Rape Culture  (Read 85645 times)

goodatmeth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 620
Re: SF Skate Rape Culture
« Reply #1050 on: August 01, 2023, 11:44:49 AM »
Page 4 is a fucking twilight zone moment, what the fuck is this thread
Read the whole thing expecting a super epic outcome and it was the biggest letdown.
For anybody considering reading the thread, don't waste your time like that.

sk8rgrl420

• Rep: 6
« Reply #1051 on: August 01, 2023, 12:13:56 PM »
Actual topic is kinda dead but I've seen both Yonnie Cruz skating around SF alone and Jamal Gibbs hanging out with the Union Square crew with an updated image (shaved head+backwards hat).

NBA NFL

• Rep: 31
« Reply #1052 on: August 01, 2023, 12:22:10 PM »
Actual topic is kinda dead but I've seen both Yonnie Cruz skating around SF alone and Jamal Gibbs hanging out with the Union Square crew with an updated image (shaved head+backwards hat).

Did you post something in this thread a few months back or am I trippin? I couldn’t find it in your post history but I feel like something was posted in this thread and then quickly deleted or removed.

sk8rgrl420

• Rep: 6
« Reply #1053 on: August 01, 2023, 12:58:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Did you post something in this thread a few months back or am I trippin? I couldn’t find it in your post history but I feel like something was posted in this thread and then quickly deleted or removed.

Nah, you're not tripping. I think I posted it in a similar thread but deleted it because I didn't want to revive the thread for no reason. I don't really remember if it was this one but I also felt that it wasn't directly related to that thread. Felt like bringing it up now because people are talking about nonsense here anyway.

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #1054 on: August 01, 2023, 12:59:36 PM »
Yonnie cruz has a ux design class he teaches on like coursera or some shit

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #1055 on: August 01, 2023, 03:22:26 PM »
Yonnie cruz has a ux design class he teaches on like coursera or some shit

Yikes - one of the last guys who should be an authority on “user experience”

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -81
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1056 on: August 01, 2023, 04:30:10 PM »
I feel like I just watched a 6 season HBO series all the way through. What a wild ride.

Stab n Kill

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1057 on: August 01, 2023, 04:41:57 PM »
I read this book of essays from the author, Rachel Kushner, who grew up in San Francisco in the 90s.  She spent her formative years working in SF bars, after graduating from high school.  Her second book didn't portray skateboarders in a positive light. Below is a link from an assay in her second book.  It's a pretty good read:
"When I see people waxing romantic about the golden days of skateboarding, I am ambivalent. Caught up in the uglier parts. I think of people who were widely considered jackasses and who died in stupid ways suddenly being declared “legends.” I can’t let go of the bad memories. The constant belittling of us girls. The slurs and disrespect, even though we were their friends and part of their circle. Can’t let it go, and yet those people, that circle, come first for me, in a cosmic order, on account of what we share."
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2021/01/18/the-hard-crowd

newguy

« Reply #1058 on: August 01, 2023, 06:53:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Page 4 is a fucking twilight zone moment, what the fuck is this thread
[close]
Read the whole thing expecting a super epic outcome and it was the biggest letdown.
For anybody considering reading the thread, don't waste your time like that.

Couldn’t be arsed to continue, let me guess though, the dude continues to make empty threats the tneire time and pals take the piss and completely derail this dumpster fire of a thread.

Speaking of derailing, I’m trying to find a cool camcorder to record my relatives and make videos for family gatherings, preferably old school with chromatic aberration and that crisp 90’s sound recording quality!

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #1059 on: August 01, 2023, 07:50:32 PM »
I read this book of essays from the author, Rachel Kushner, who grew up in San Francisco in the 90s.  She spent her formative years working in SF bars, after graduating from high school.  Her second book didn't portray skateboarders in a positive light. Below is a link from an assay in her second book.  It's a pretty good read:
"When I see people waxing romantic about the golden days of skateboarding, I am ambivalent. Caught up in the uglier parts. I think of people who were widely considered jackasses and who died in stupid ways suddenly being declared “legends.” I can’t let go of the bad memories. The constant belittling of us girls. The slurs and disrespect, even though we were their friends and part of their circle. Can’t let it go, and yet those people, that circle, come first for me, in a cosmic order, on account of what we share."
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2021/01/18/the-hard-crowd

I feel like calling into question hagiography of mid 90s skaters goes against Jonah Hill's boundaries

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #1060 on: August 01, 2023, 10:02:34 PM »
Quote from: The night listener link=topic=110112.msg4059962#msg4059962 date=1690848104[s
[/s]]
Expand Quote
I spent the last few hours reading this entire thread.

I need a beer
[close]

What are you having today? They have a special here for Hamm's
Beer $4.49 a sixer no lie. Needless to say I'm going to town piss constantly for nothing

The night listener

• Rep: -163
« Reply #1061 on: August 01, 2023, 10:13:41 PM »
Quote from: The night listener link=topic=110112.msg4059962#msg4059962 date=1690848104[s
Expand Quote
[/s]]
Expand Quote
I spent the last few hours reading this entire thread.

I need a beer
[close]

What are you having today? They have a special here for Hamm's
Beer $4.49 a sixer no lie. Needless to say I'm going to town piss constantly for nothing
[close]

What's your beer then?

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #1062 on: August 01, 2023, 10:25:46 PM »
The unruly NONCE’s of SF back at it? Sickos out there left & right.

backfliptofiftyfifty

• Rep: -139
  • commitment issues (in life and skating)
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1063 on: August 02, 2023, 07:12:49 AM »
Can someone give me a TLDR. Like 20 words type shit

Pasta Monster

« Reply #1064 on: August 02, 2023, 07:17:43 AM »
Some skateboarders are rapists or misogynistic towards women in SF.

backfliptofiftyfifty

• Rep: -139
  • commitment issues (in life and skating)
« Reply #1065 on: August 02, 2023, 07:19:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Some skateboarders are rapists or misogynistic towards women in SF.

Average GX1000 enjoyer