Author Topic: Stance in ollie and other.  (Read 1009 times)

PeskOne

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 10
  • Skateboarding: Only drug worth the side effects.
Stance in ollie and other.
« on: April 13, 2020, 01:16:22 AM »
Hello fellow skaters.

I got this thing, mayby its a little OCD or something. But when i do ollies i set up my foot so you just see a little of the top width were my toes end, and i rather lower down than up. So the shoes top sticking out a bit or flush with the board feels wrong and my ollies get unpredicteble. But i see people do great ollies like that, and many do kickflips how i stand in ollies. My kickflip stance is not far from my ollie. But it just feels weird if im not feeling my toes pressure at the middle of the board. If i put my foot up its like my heelflip stance, just got the toes hanging out a a little bit and thats how i do my steezy heelflips.

Could be my front foot is a bit fucked, its my right foot naturally is a little twisteda to the right.

Most people walk with their feet straight, i walk straight with left and right is a bit right rotaded but not much or very noticable. The legs are the same, its just like somone took your right foot and rotated it a little to the right.

Sorry if its hard to understand just trying to explain it as good as i can.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 01:26:26 AM by PeskOne »
Skateboarding an addiction stronger than Heroin.

JudoOrigami

• Rep: -90
Re: Stance in ollie and other.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 03:28:23 AM »
whats your question

PeskOne

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2020, 04:24:15 AM »
whats your question
Sorry that mayby didnt come out clear haha. Is it good to practice ollie other ways? I mean you dont always have time to set your feet right. Most often i go on feeling then. But imi thinking mostly on improving ollies, making them stick to the feets like glue more consistent. I wounder if may way may be less performance vice and you hit a roof how good your ollies will get with that need of that stance. Dont you guys have that feeling when doing ollie you want your foot and toes att pressure in middle of the board?

JudoOrigami

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2020, 06:42:44 AM »
Yes its good to practice ollies and 180s a variety of ways generally if you are going fast and not too high you can leave your foot further up the board. If you are trying to ollie onto or over something high somewhere around the halfway point is better. Its mostly to do with how you pop with the back foot and how your shoulders are oriented.

Any form of practice is beneficial when learning the basics just remember to stomp things on the bolts whenever possible

PeskOne

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2020, 05:35:11 AM »
Yes its good to practice ollies and 180s a variety of ways generally if you are going fast and not too high you can leave your foot further up the board. If you are trying to ollie onto or over something high somewhere around the halfway point is better. Its mostly to do with how you pop with the back foot and how your shoulders are oriented.

Any form of practice is beneficial when learning the basics just remember to stomp things on the bolts whenever possible

Alright thanks bruh. Hope we talking bout the same thing doe. With foot up the board i mean, kickflip down with foot, heelflip up with foot toes hanging off a bit. So up and down the width of the deck. Not the other way around, the lenght up and down foot position. That i know. I just feel like my ollies may meet a threshold cuz i need the toes pretty much comfy with pressure on middle of the deck width. Some do ollies like i do heelflips whole foot on. Anyhow im gonna do like you said practice both, trying to adjust the foot to be more over the whole withd of the deck without getting unpredictble half heels or just straight bullshit beginner ollie not sticking to the feet at all. Otherwise i been doing good ollies the way i do, when it comes to stairs over bansk/funboxes are were im most afraid my ollie wont stick to the feet as good as they could if i learned ollies with whole foot over the width of the deck from beginning. I got experience from this, while back, jumping over funbox board not sticking with my feet. But i know its other aspects as well, bending your knees right in the air and holding your foot controlled.

JudoOrigami

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2020, 06:15:02 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Alright thanks bruh. Hope we talking bout the same thing doe. With foot up the board i mean, kickflip down with foot, heelflip up with foot toes hanging off a bit. So up and down the width of the deck. Not the other way around, the lenght up and down foot position. That i know. I just feel like my ollies may meet a threshold cuz i need the toes pretty much comfy with pressure on middle of the deck width. Some do ollies like i do heelflips whole foot on. Anyhow im gonna do like you said practice both, trying to adjust the foot to be more over the whole withd of the deck without getting unpredictble half heels or just straight bullshit beginner ollie not sticking to the feet at all. Otherwise i been doing good ollies the way i do, when it comes to stairs over bansk/funboxes are were im most afraid my ollie wont stick to the feet as good as they could if i learned ollies with whole foot over the width of the deck from beginning. I got experience from this, while back, jumping over funbox board not sticking with my feet. But i know its other aspects as well, bending your knees right in the air and holding your foot controlled.

Didn't read you long ass post but i line my toes up with the edge of the board when i ollie cuz i like the way it looks when i look down. Also its a fuckin ollie not exactly rocket surgery

JudoOrigami

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2020, 06:15:44 AM »
what fuckin country are you from btw your english is harder to read than the i filmed the gonz kid

PeskOne

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2020, 04:14:22 AM »
what fuckin country are you from btw your english is harder to read than the i filmed the gonz kid

Yeah, I know. I speak fluently but when it comes to writing in English not so good. I'm from Sweden. And I rarely write in English but talk and reading English a lot. I know my grammar sucks too. But I'm learning my fourth language now so I feel like the grammar on English can wait or just try to think about it more when I write. To write correctly, and I think my last message was hard to read because I didn't know how to explain what I meant with the foot up or down. Some say move up your foot and they mean further up the noose. And some mean further up the broad side of the board. That was what I was trying to explain but it just went to messy.

ZachV

• Rep: -9
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2020, 06:05:33 PM »
Hello fellow skaters.

I got this thing, mayby its a little OCD or something. But when i do ollies i set up my foot so you just see a little of the top width were my toes end, and i rather lower down than up. So the shoes top sticking out a bit or flush with the board feels wrong and my ollies get unpredicteble. But i see people do great ollies like that, and many do kickflips how i stand in ollies. My kickflip stance is not far from my ollie. But it just feels weird if im not feeling my toes pressure at the middle of the board. If i put my foot up its like my heelflip stance, just got the toes hanging out a a little bit and thats how i do my steezy heelflips.

Could be my front foot is a bit fucked, its my right foot naturally is a little twisteda to the right.

Most people walk with their feet straight, i walk straight with left and right is a bit right rotaded but not much or very noticable. The legs are the same, its just like somone took your right foot and rotated it a little to the right.

Sorry if its hard to understand just trying to explain it as good as i can.

You should do ollies how you feel comfortable, If the way you do your ollies works fine then there is nothing to change. Unless you feel like the quality of your ollies would improve if your changed your stance for them.
ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ

PeskOne

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2020, 03:56:58 AM »
You are right! And that's what I questioning myself, if my ollies would be better if I did them with my toes abroad the board. Thanks for the answer!

Garnet

• Rep: -87
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2020, 04:09:46 AM »
damn Judo seems like so many accounts ago and it hasn't even been 2 months what the hell is wrong with me

PeskOne

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2020, 05:51:19 AM »
Haha what?