Author Topic: Tony Hawk on vans  (Read 32618 times)

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
Re: Tony Hawk on vans
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2020, 09:26:48 AM »
Reynolds = Kader flow
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

mooraga

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2020, 09:30:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Top billing as well - https://www.vans.com/team.html

Wonder how he jumped Reynolds?
[close]
He's Tony fucking Hawk

too fakie

• Rep: 63
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2020, 09:30:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
How did this get an official announcement before Reynolds?
[close]

I heard they were supposed to get announced at the same time at a Vans event that ended up getting canceled because of budget cuts due to COVID.
[close]

It feels Iike forever since reynolds started wearing vans...no COVID around at that time.

Reynolds has been wearing Vans for months but as far as officially announcing him, the plan I heard was to announce him and Tony at the same time at an event this summer. It was all going to be tied in to the re-launch of THPS. Maybe they were already going to be announced and the THPS reunion thing was just icing on the cake. Sounds like all plans were altered due to COVID.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2020, 09:33:47 AM »
I doubt Reynolds is bummed so maybe it doesn’t matter if his announcement got bumped. Always felt like tony was doing a favor for Lakai or Lakai was a place holder. That black proto is super sick though.

Ziad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -103
    • bouklao.com avatar image
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2020, 09:40:22 AM »
this is sick

primitive_rage

• Rep: 1
  • shut the fuck up
« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2020, 09:41:20 AM »
love this

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2020, 09:41:55 AM »
hope this doesn't mean clive gets on  ;D

quadcuff

• Rep: -6
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2020, 09:44:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Top billing as well - https://www.vans.com/team.html

Wonder how he jumped Reynolds?
[close]
He's Tony fucking Hawk

quadcuff

• Rep: -6
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2020, 09:45:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
How did this get an official announcement before Reynolds?
[close]

I heard they were supposed to get announced at the same time at a Vans event that ended up getting canceled because of budget cuts due to COVID.
[close]

It feels Iike forever since reynolds started wearing vans...no COVID around at that time.
[close]

They just commented again that it will be worth the wait. Hopefully a full part

yeah I mean the guy's had non-stop instagram clips lately so maybe

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2020, 09:45:35 AM »
The timing is unexpected but Vans is certainly where he belongs.

These were supposed to drop in fall 2020... Wonder if they will ever come out

I can’t read the small lettering, but were they updating features at all or just new colorways? Proto gave me good heel blisters during the break in but once broken in I loved em. May have to grab another pair before they cease to exist.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1473
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2020, 09:45:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Damn. Got an actual shiver when I read the news. Birdman looks great in those high tops.
[close]
Really though? A shiver?!?
I’ve gotta love your passion for shoe news, LRP.
And here, all I could manage to muster was some trife shit like “Tis an ill wind that blows a bird of prey so far from its nest & young fledgling; this news likely bodes ominously for those sheltering in Castle Lakai.”
Dudes be jerking it while scrolling the boards.

edit: now I'm glad I was able to grab four pairs of his lakai shoe from that zumiez sale. $25 a pair or so.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 09:51:51 AM by layzieyez »

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2020, 09:46:41 AM »
Vans replied to my comment on the IG post regarding Reynolds announcement saying that he was filming clips for one until Covid cut it short, and that hopefully they’d have something soon once this blows over . Assuming Reynolds will try and put together at least a minute or two of footy for this welcome clip

Tear Up a Trick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2020, 09:47:17 AM »
Stoked for Tony.

Bummed for Lakai, but not surprised.

Weekend96

• Rep: -4
« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2020, 09:47:46 AM »
Man i just got my first pair of protos and love em. Hope they stick around.

Good for birdman tho.

lesserredpanda

• Rep: 15
« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2020, 09:51:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Damn. Got an actual shiver when I read the news. Birdman looks great in those high tops.
[close]
And here, all I could manage to muster was some trife shit like “Tis an ill wind that blows a bird of prey so far from its nest & young fledgling; this news likely bodes ominously for those sheltering in Castle Lakai.”

I'm a big fan of Tony and Vans, what can I say?!
"Ill wind", as in perhaps something positive is due to come out of this negative for Lakai? Or the positive is Tony's move to Vans and Lakai only suffers the negative?

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2020, 09:54:32 AM »
Seeings as how there was already advertising for the new proto color ways that means that a decent amount has probably already been made. The last person to leave lakai with a whole stockpile of his pro model shoe left to sell to get announced as the new rider for another shoe company got their career pretty much ruined by Carroll....  this time around though I’m not so sure if Carroll is gonna have as easy of a time ruining this persons career; let’s just say judging by his past accolades and his position in the industry and in mainstream media altogether I’m sure he’ll be just fine, even IF Carroll does a jenkem smear interview against him. TMZ tried to smear Hawk for cheating on his wife, and people still just shrugged it off, I’m sure whatever Carroll has to say probably won’t do much harm at all to this man’s reputation, if Carroll even says anything at all.

Also I swear I just seen an online ad a couple days back for an Indy x Lakai collab to specifically celebrate the fact that Riley and Tony are both on Indy; their names were both highlighted in the ad and everything. Wonder what happened with Tony and lakai? With all these shoes lakai has left to sell for Tony I can’t imagine him leaving early like Marc did and having Vans announce him early for no good reason; I doubt it was for money, he’s already got plenty of that; I wonder what else happened?     

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2020, 09:56:28 AM »
Tony gotta be a high price.  your talking about a guy that navigated the corporate space for so long he not going to stay on some shit unless its a legacy brand or he has ownership in it.  Im surprised Lakai lasted as long

lesserredpanda

• Rep: 15
« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2020, 09:58:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Dudes be jerking it while scrolling the boards.

edit: now I'm glad I was able to grab four pairs of his lakai shoe from that zumiez sale. $25 a pair or so.

Hey! Now we both feel good!

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 381
« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2020, 09:59:41 AM »

Expand Quote

[close]

I can’t read the small lettering, but were they updating features at all or just new colorways? Proto gave me good heel blisters during the break in but once broken in I loved em. May have to grab another pair before they cease to exist.

I mean, these are vulcs and not cupsole. So a minor change.

Strickland_Propane

« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2020, 09:59:56 AM »
Love it.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2226
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2020, 10:04:21 AM »

Christmas Complete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 813
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2020, 10:10:16 AM »
Green light on Hawk
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #82 on: April 13, 2020, 10:13:47 AM »
Nice, hopefully we get some garish THPS colorways that I can pickup from a Vans outlet for $20 (legit not piss taking, it just seemed all the Baker/Vans shoes/clothing ended up in the bargain racks of Vans outlets over here).
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

YungJugg

• Rep: 229
« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2020, 10:20:45 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I mean, these are vulcs and not cupsole. So a minor change.

Oh damn how didn’t I see that, I really like the cupsole aspect of the shoe.

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2020, 10:23:19 AM »

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2020, 10:29:16 AM »
Seeings as how there was already advertising for the new proto color ways that means that a decent amount has probably already been made. The last person to leave lakai with a whole stockpile of his pro model shoe left to sell to get announced as the new rider for another shoe company got their career pretty much ruined by Carroll....  this time around though I’m not so sure if Carroll is gonna have as easy of a time ruining this persons career; let’s just say judging by his past accolades and his position in the industry and in mainstream media altogether I’m sure he’ll be just fine, even IF Carroll does a jenkem smear interview against him. TMZ tried to smear Hawk for cheating on his wife, and people still just shrugged it off, I’m sure whatever Carroll has to say probably won’t do much harm at all to this man’s reputation, if Carroll even says anything at all.

Also I swear I just seen an online ad a couple days back for an Indy x Lakai collab to specifically celebrate the fact that Riley and Tony are both on Indy; their names were both highlighted in the ad and everything. Wonder what happened with Tony and lakai? With all these shoes lakai has left to sell for Tony I can’t imagine him leaving early like Marc did and having Vans announce him early for no good reason; I doubt it was for money, he’s already got plenty of that; I wonder what else happened?   

Carrol owned the company that "the last person" rode for.  there is nothing that Carrol could do to ruin Tony's career.  you're crazy
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

homegrown83

• Rep: -83
« Reply #86 on: April 13, 2020, 10:31:12 AM »
Obviously, nobody can tell Tony what to do. Unlike where Carrol told Marc to hold off on the Addidas announcement; Tony probably at some point just said "fuck it, I'm riding for Vans."

Shuh

• Rep: 2
« Reply #87 on: April 13, 2020, 10:38:57 AM »
I just looked the lakai proto Bagel sumthin ad again, when manchild ask about the shoe the other dude said "some old vert skater use to own them" and if you check their Instagram account, tony was not tagged in the post about the Bagel shoe. So I does look too me the proto is now a lakai team shoe.

NauseousPimp1983

• Rep: -4
« Reply #88 on: April 13, 2020, 10:39:34 AM »
Tony please help Jaws gets a legitimate shoe sponsor before he blows his feet out jumping off another office park roof in Footprint shoes

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #89 on: April 13, 2020, 10:44:40 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Carrol owned the company that "the last person" rode for.  there is nothing that Carrol could do to ruin Tony's career. you're crazy
You do realize I pretty much alluded to your exact sentiment right? I even bolded it for you in the quote above so you have no choice but to not miss it this time around.