Author Topic: Investing?  (Read 17149 times)

bumptobar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -34
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Investing?
« Reply #120 on: January 28, 2021, 05:54:49 PM »
For fucks sakes do not turn this thread about Mike taylor keep that horseface fuck out of here.

Anyways.  Fuck Robinhood.

The way the gamestock frenzy has been going is INSANE. This is history making stuff going on.  Ive watched it grow from murmurs to global news being discussed everywhere i go.  Ive been enjoying this week thoroughly. Fuck billionaires.  Never again will you be able to directly hurt a billionaire than right now with GME.

Buy GME. Be on the right part of history.  Look at what hedge funds/media are doing to try and stop it. Look at the ridiculous spread of price action.  Something big is clearly going on. And this has been discussed and predicted for months. Do your own research obviously but If you have 1k to gamble I would do it because mainly fuck billionaires.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #121 on: January 28, 2021, 06:45:20 PM »
some billionaires* blackrock and hella other evil fux stand to gain quite a bit. not that i don’t completely agree with this as an action and have been trying to get on a broker to buy GME

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #122 on: January 28, 2021, 07:43:26 PM »
Not super savvy when it comes to stonks and those whole GME fiasco.

Is there a chance the hedge funds with all their power and influence will someone get outta this one? Or are their fates sealed? What kind of ramifications can we expect after this? Will restrictions be implemented to keep the average joe from doing this kind of thing again? Obviously the hedge funds want to keep the status quo and keep the markets in their favour.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #123 on: January 28, 2021, 08:02:20 PM »
Has anyone from GameStop commented on this or are they just out looking for new yachts?

I can only imagine what their board meetings look like right now.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -2
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #124 on: January 28, 2021, 08:31:58 PM »
Invest in Dogecoin right now. At 6pm today I put in $75 and it's sitting at around $190 rn four later. It's projected to hit $1 here in the coming months.

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #125 on: January 28, 2021, 09:26:18 PM »
Thanks for that. I guess I know less than I thought, I don’t think I fully understand the intricacies that aren’t mentioned. Or the outcome on a larger scale.

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #126 on: January 29, 2021, 04:33:13 AM »
Invest in Dogecoin right now. At 6pm today I put in $75 and it's sitting at around $190 rn four later. It's projected to hit $1 here in the coming months.

For dogecoin to reach a dollar it'll have to pass BTC marketcap. I don't see that happening even in this clown market. Also, we're in 2017 hype levels right now in stocks and crypto so be careful chasing these pumps and dumps.

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #127 on: January 29, 2021, 06:01:52 AM »
Has anyone from GameStop commented on this or are they just out looking for new yachts?

I can only imagine what their board meetings look like right now.

theyre not profiting directly of their stock, unless they sell stock of their own, what i doubt theyll do, so no yachts i assume.

I was too late to get on with it, but thats the biggest fuck off to capitalism in the last years. it shows how fucked up the capitalist system is and that they do not want everybody on there investing and trying to manipulate the market as bigger fonds already have done. its abstruse. so ironic that robinhood had a slogan saying they would democratize the stock market. fuck faces.

the official statement is that the risk for $GME is to high for normal investors, ha, then gambling with stocks should be forbiden and wall street should be shut down.

Jerrys Kid

• Rep: 56
« Reply #128 on: January 29, 2021, 06:48:27 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

For dogecoin to reach a dollar it'll have to pass BTC marketcap. I don't see that happening even in this clown market. Also, we're in 2017 hype levels right now in stocks and crypto so be careful chasing these pumps and dumps.

The bust of dogecoin will happen as soon as people get bored of talking about stocks.

stratosphere

• Rep: 8
« Reply #129 on: January 29, 2021, 08:03:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Not super savvy when it comes to stonks and those whole GME fiasco.

Is there a chance the hedge funds with all their power and influence will someone get outta this one? Or are their fates sealed? What kind of ramifications can we expect after this? Will restrictions be implemented to keep the average joe from doing this kind of thing again? Obviously the hedge funds want to keep the status quo and keep the markets in their favour.
[close]

This might answer your question.

Quote taken from WSB:

" " " "⁠
Yesterday, new call option strike prices were added all the way up to $570. Do I have to go over gamma squeezes again? Really? We've been over this: when deep out-of-the-money call options start being gobbled up and the price starts moving towards being in-the-money, the call writers have to hedge their risk of having their sold calls exercised, typically by buying stock. This creates upwards pressure on the market. We've been seeing these movements all week.
⁠Yesterday after market, you probably saw that coordinated effort to drive the price down and spook retail investors into a mass sell-off. It didn't work.
⁠Last night, Robinhood sent out a message to users: you could no longer enter into new options. You could exercise them if you had the collateral (money in the account) to do so. Very interesting and the first sign of pants-shitting fear.
⁠Today, the market opened very strong. It opened so strong that we were looking at a self-perpetuating gamma squeeze all the way up way past $570.
⁠At approximately 9:58 am, the stock had reached $468 in a parabolic move.
⁠Two minutes earlier, at 9:56 am, Robinhood tweeted that they were not allowing users to buy GME stock, but they would allow selling.
⁠The trend instantly halted and started a collapse downwards, before picking up a bit, especially after some retail was allowed back in.
Okay, now that you are clear on the facts, understand this: The market ran out of liquidity today, or was threatening to get close enough that they killed it. What does that mean? It means they ran out of shares and/or capital. They wouldn't let you buy new shares because we were burning through all the shares on the market.

I saw an unsubstantiated post from a user (u/zshub) who said a market sell order executed at $2600 for him. Do you get the severity of the situation, if that's true? It means the buying was getting to the point where it was just about to put INFINITE pressure on the price of the shares. It means virtually any ask was getting bid.

How do you get infinite upwards pressure? A gamma squeeze triggering the mother of all short squeezes, just like we predicted. The call writers need shares to hedge. Retail is still buying more. The short sellers need over 100% of the float back. Add these together. There were more shares needed than existed on the open market. That's what a liquidity crisis is.

Listen to this to this remarkable (if infuriating) interview where the chairman of Interactive Brokers admits that they didn't have the capital to pay out the winners (us), so they took their ball and went home. DO YOU GRASP HOW INSANE IT IS THAT HE SAID THEY NEEDED TO SHUT DOWN BUY ORDERS TO "PROTECT THE MARKET"? Hello! He's not talking about the market for GME shares. He's talking about the entire market! The New York Stock Exchange. The NASDAQ. All that.

It kick starts a full blown rebellion. They have no bullets. It's the exact same in this market: No capital. No shares. Infinite losses inbound.

" " " "

Fuck, that gave me chills.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 676
« Reply #130 on: January 29, 2021, 10:43:08 AM »
Think the hardest aspect for me is not panicking when things drop... probably gonna sit tight.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

McBrandt

• Rep: -13
« Reply #131 on: January 29, 2021, 10:49:20 AM »
This changes things for the future, right? I mean, either they take away retail investors ability to buy stocks, or we just continually fuck them by moving on to the next stock they are trying to short sell and do the same thing over again.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 425
« Reply #132 on: January 29, 2021, 10:58:25 AM »
Been in crypto for a little while now and still think Ethereum is very undervalued. I'm invested in Uniswap, which is a decentralized trading platform, and it doubled this week because of people wanting to get away from centralized finance. I think it will continue to grow in huge ways.

Also, if you get into crypto, just don't panic sell when things drop 30-40% in a day. It's part of the game. Blockchain technology is the future and it's still early to get involved. Don't look to Bitcoin as a way to make quick money. It will keep growing, but at this point you won't make 5-10x gains in the short term. Research the altcoins that have potential. There's lots of hype around it, but Polka Dot is one project tons of people are optimistic for the long haul. I'm very optimistic on Cardano and Vecahin as well. Heavily invested in those 2.

Also, not trying to be a shill, but if anyone wants to sign up on Gemini to start in crypto, let me know and I'll give you a code where we each get $10 in Bitcoin. That's not some scammy push, just free money if you are interested.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 11:07:16 AM by RCB3 »

Irvine-Sucks.com

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 982
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #133 on: January 29, 2021, 11:20:46 AM »
Been in crypto for a little while now and still think Ethereum is very undervalued. I'm invested in Uniswap, which is a decentralized trading platform, and it doubled this week because of people wanting to get away from centralized finance. I think it will continue to grow in huge ways.

Also, if you get into crypto, just don't panic sell when things drop 30-40% in a day. It's part of the game. Blockchain technology is the future and it's still early to get involved. Don't look to Bitcoin as a way to make quick money. It will keep growing, but at this point you won't make 5-10x gains in the short term. Research the altcoins that have potential. There's lots of hype around it, but Polka Dot is one project tons of people are optimistic for the long haul. I'm very optimistic on Cardano and Vecahin as well. Heavily invested in those 2.

Also, not trying to be a shill, but if anyone wants to sign up on Gemini to start in crypto, let me know and I'll give you a code where we each get $10 in Bitcoin. That's not some scammy push, just free money if you are interested.

please type this out in wing dings next time so i can have a better chance of understating
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

m477

• Rep: 7
« Reply #134 on: January 29, 2021, 12:26:58 PM »
I was too late to get on with it, but thats the biggest fuck off to capitalism in the last years. it shows how fucked up the capitalist system is and that they do not want everybody on there investing and trying to manipulate the market as bigger fonds already have done. its abstruse. so ironic that robinhood had a slogan saying they would democratize the stock market. fuck faces.

The sad thing is that we haven’t had true capitalism in a very long time. Crony capitalism has been reigning strong for what, at least 30yrs (sorry I’m no history buff)?

Take the housing crisis of 2008, in a true capitalist model, the failure of the big banks would not have been bailed out by the fed. What should’ve happened is all the prudent financial institutions (that didn’t make risky loans) would’ve picked up the failed assets at pennies on the dollar. But of course that’s not what happened. Instead, those executives in turn leave the private sector and go into government positions.

Same situation here. The hedge fund cronies go running to the govt for potential new regulations  to save their asses.

On a side note I love the show of unity on this issue. Strange times when AOC and Ben Shapiro are on the same page.

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #135 on: January 29, 2021, 12:31:43 PM »

Everyone who used Uniswap prior to September got 400 tokens for free which was pretty cool. But if you look at the top holders on Etherscan, there's millions still waiting to be dumped.

Currently, there are 287,148,684 / 1,000,000,000 tokens circulating. The rest are locked up and will be released during certain periods. I have no doubt in my mind there will be big dumps when this occurs as the market gets diluted. It's also just a governance token which doesn't actually mean anything unless you hold a shit ton. At least ETHs value comes from being able to build off it but also has it's downside with gas fees. Using Uniswap efficiently right now it's going to cost you high fees. I've seen screenshots upwards to $100. Also, 90% of the projects on there are scams and everyone jumping in thinking they'll make it get the rug pulled on them eventually.

To compare supply to the hyped Dogecoin. Doge literally has an infinity supply. It's ridiculous when people say it will go up to a dollar. Bitcoins value is due to it's scarcity of only 21mil max where >80% are already circulating. Also trust in the network for 10+ years with no hacks.

I've been in this game long enough to see when people start throwing out bullshit numbers like the next 10 or 20x, most likely it's a lie. They just want you to pump and buy their bags. Also, seeing a bunch of random people I know, especially skateboarders talking about crypto, we have to be approaching the top.

I don't want to scare anyone away and I'm not saying there isn't money to be made but 90% of crypto is bullshit for real use cases. Full of false promises too. Just need to think if a project is even necessary. Why would a company use someone else's blockchain when they can just create their own private one in house? Also, if your just trying to make a quick buck and don't care about the long term goals, don't buy something that just pumped 500% in a day.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 12:42:45 PM by Chatbot »

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #136 on: January 29, 2021, 12:50:00 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Everyone who used Uniswap prior to September got 400 tokens for free which was pretty cool. But if you look at the top holders on Etherscan, there's millions still waiting to be dumped.

Currently, there are 287,148,684 / 1,000,000,000 tokens circulating. The rest are locked up and will be released during certain periods. I have no doubt in my mind there will be big dumps when this occurs as the market gets diluted. It's also just a governance token which doesn't actually mean anything unless you hold a shit ton. At least ETHs value comes from being able to build off it but also has it's downside with gas fees. Using Uniswap efficiently right now it's going to cost you high fees. I've seen screenshots upwards to $100. Also, 90% of the projects on there are scams and everyone jumping in thinking they'll make it get the rug pulled on them eventually.

To compare supply to the hyped Dogecoin. Doge literally has an infinity supply. It's ridiculous when people say it will go up to a dollar. Bitcoins value is due to it's scarcity of only 21mil max where >80% are already circulating. Also trust in the network for 10+ years with no hacks.

I've been in this game long enough to see when people start throwing out bullshit numbers like the next 10 or 20x, most likely it's a lie. They just want you to pump and buy their bags. Also, seeing a bunch of random people I know, especially skateboarders talking about crypto, we have to be approaching the top.

I don't want to scare anyone away and I'm not saying there isn't money to be made but 90% of crypto is bullshit for real use cases. Full of false promises too. Just need to think if a project is even necessary. Why would a company use someone else's blockchain when they can just create their own private one in house? Also, if your just trying to make a quick buck and don't care about the long term goals, don't buy something that just pumped 500% in a day.

Didn't mention Dogecoin once in my post. Agree tons of coins are bullshit, but literally every one of the projects I mentioned and invest in are projects doing big things that solve real issues. You don't have to agree with them, but they are ones I've researched and fully believe in.

And if you've followed Etheruem, the high gas fees isn't some secret. It's been a huge issue they're working and launching ETH 2 in the next week. The amount of platforms that will be using ETH in this year is massive.

And again, didn't buy Dogecoin or mention it and literally everything I said was about long term and not trying to make a quick buck and warned about the volatility. Would be nice if people actually read posts before just jump in ready to attack people.

Irvine-Sucks.com

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #137 on: January 29, 2021, 01:09:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Didn't mention Dogecoin once in my post. Agree tons of coins are bullshit, but literally every one of the projects I mentioned and invest in are projects doing big things that solve real issues. You don't have to agree with them, but they are ones I've researched and fully believe in.

And if you've followed Etheruem, the high gas fees isn't some secret. It's been a huge issue they're working and launching ETH 2 in the next week. The amount of platforms that will be using ETH in this year is massive.

And again, didn't buy Dogecoin or mention it and literally everything I said was about long term and not trying to make a quick buck and warned about the volatility. Would be nice if people actually read posts before just jump in ready to attack people.

I didn't mean to attack you directly. I was just mentioning Doge as an example because that is what everyone is talking about recently. I didn't say you bought it or say the projects you mentioned weren't good either. I was trying to give insight that people need to look at the marketcap and overall supply of tokens as well as their usecases before jumping in. Also, to be cautious of when projects are claiming to be the next big thing.

And yes, you and me might know about the gas fees and whatnot but new buyers sure won't. New buyers also don't really look at the long term comparing to what people post online everytime a hype cycle comes around.

I agree that long term > short term for legit projects.

companguero

• Rep: 247
  • sesquipedalian
« Reply #138 on: January 29, 2021, 01:35:21 PM »
My body is ready to burn a rack for the simple thrill of gambling and the opportunity to cosplay Steve Olson on these hedgies.

I've squandered the last two months holed up, neglecting my fulltime doordash gig while working just enough part time at my jobby job to cover bills and irresponsible spending.
By early next week I will unload a 'big sigh' and return to my full time routine work schedule.
For now I'm enjoying a mildly manic consumption of WSB, adopting their language and optimism for guaranteed profit. I can afford a few tickets in steerage to join the other poors aboard this rocket ship fueled on m'tendies.

Anyone else grasping at the most immediate sources of news & information? r/wallstreetbets and isthesqueezesquoze

Any other fun places to scour for the gamblers among us?

Quote from: lazer69
Bitch, I dont got time to be on here reading every post.

gumsole

• Rep: 22
« Reply #139 on: January 29, 2021, 03:01:00 PM »

This right here! I put $2k in when it was $.046 and sold at $.084. Was very pleased how my Thursday ended. I'm going back in right now cause it's around the $.050 range. If it hits $1 I'm going to have nice down payment on a new car haha.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #140 on: January 29, 2021, 03:22:49 PM »
I hear Flow Redox battery storage is gonna be huge in about 4yrs

lazer69

• Rep: -95
« Reply #141 on: January 29, 2021, 05:53:44 PM »
Looks Like i mucked up. I put a jackson on dodge at .07 a few minutes later went to .04

Also I just tried to buy 5 shares of AMC and RH only allowed me to purchase 1..
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 07:40:35 PM by lazer69 »

KBizzle

• Rep: -18
« Reply #142 on: January 29, 2021, 08:33:44 PM »
You can buy AMC using Cashapp, they make buying stocks super easy.

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #143 on: January 30, 2021, 05:39:54 AM »
Before we all get too excited about fucking over hedge funds by investing in plastic dog turds, it's probably worth mentioning that most hedge funds are investing on behalf of other people.

Its quite likely that your 401k or pension fund is being managed by a hedge fund.

Its also worth noting that when hedge funds are forced to liquidate/manage positions due to r/wallstreetbets shenanigans, it doesn tjust affect the stock being pumped. It affects their other positions as well.

I lost on Google etc, even though it had nothing to do with gme/amc.

Still, it's going to be very entertaining watching this play out  Just bought the dip on dogecoin for a laugh and have bought some xrp in preparation for the planned pump on Monday.

Yolo. HODL. Etc.
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

lazer69

• Rep: -95
« Reply #144 on: January 30, 2021, 09:14:26 AM »
WTF is a 401k or a pension

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #145 on: January 30, 2021, 12:28:58 PM »
Before we all get too excited about fucking over hedge funds by investing in plastic dog turds, it's probably worth mentioning that most hedge funds are investing on behalf of other people.

Its quite likely that your 401k or pension fund is being managed by a hedge fund.

Its also worth noting that when hedge funds are forced to liquidate/manage positions due to r/wallstreetbets shenanigans, it doesn tjust affect the stock being pumped. It affects their other positions as well.

I lost on Google etc, even though it had nothing to do with gme/amc.

Still, it's going to be very entertaining watching this play out  Just bought the dip on dogecoin for a laugh and have bought some xrp in preparation for the planned pump on Monday.

Yolo. HODL. Etc.

Mouth, I gotta disagree with you on this one.

1) the pension claim means little to me since we have no idea how much money Melvin Capital had from pension money. This just seems like a talking point for those who want to create sympathy for the hedge funds and deflect where most hedge profits really go (not to normal people).
2) hedge funds are risky investment institutions and anyone who signs on to work with one knows this. (It's funny the risk mantra of capitalism always seems to vanish as soon as wealthy people have to pay out).
3) offering pensions was a risk the company took out to attract workers, if the pension is underfunded it is up to them to invest more to pay for the pensions (defined benefit plans are not 401ks, the pensioners don't need to come up with the shortfall)
4) companies pay insurance premiums to the gov to cover defined benefit plans (legislation passed in 1974 created an insurance company and rules for this)
5) also this also makes it seem like pensions are a thing in society  and this harming tons of people 18% of private companies offer pensions (and this isn't to every employee).

6) Pension... funds must invest prudently, on a portfolio basis, but we know that some public funds feel pressured to make bets inconsistent with that legal mandate. That said, a diversified portfolio is unlikely to suffer much from events like these.
https://gizmodo.com/how-does-the-gamestop-squeeze-end-1846162847

7) I don't know how other people's 401ks work, but I don't think fidelity or vanguard are hedge funds and I can pick from a whole list of different investment options...some way riskier than others.

8) most stocks are owned by a fraction of the population...a fraction that doesn't do shit but live off our labor. I'm not going to feel bad if some billionaire lost money by giving money to Melvin Capital in order to make more money from not working.

The ins and outs of the stock market aren't my expertise, but this is the way it looks to me. Please correct me if I missed something.

"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #146 on: January 30, 2021, 05:37:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I didn't mean to attack you directly. I was just mentioning Doge as an example because that is what everyone is talking about recently. I didn't say you bought it or say the projects you mentioned weren't good either. I was trying to give insight that people need to look at the marketcap and overall supply of tokens as well as their usecases before jumping in. Also, to be cautious of when projects are claiming to be the next big thing.

And yes, you and me might know about the gas fees and whatnot but new buyers sure won't. New buyers also don't really look at the long term comparing to what people post online everytime a hype cycle comes around.

I agree that long term > short term for legit projects.

Yea, I hear ya. I just overall was essentially pitching long term over short term as you said. And going into depth on the intricacies of gas prices of Etheruem might just make people more nauseated with stuff they're not familiar with, so just kept it broad.

Irvine-Sucks.com

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #147 on: January 30, 2021, 05:46:47 PM »
A few of my friends are dumping their life savings into Etheruem. Tempted to follow them over that cliff.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #148 on: January 30, 2021, 05:54:44 PM »
puts on horse head*

i know fuck all about pension & 401k's because i don't have them  :(.

but Mouth is right that $GME can and is bringing down the overall market and i'm pretty sure that hits 401K's and eventually when the $GME trade goes bust, pensions..

this whole $GME thing has the potential to completely blow up the market the longer it goes on.

Bl0B,

I'm not sure I understand. Can you explain how this is bringing down the entire market?

From my perspective, the stock market is bullshit. One of my mutual funds has just continued to gain value despite the pandemic that is fucking normal people. The ticker amazingly enough is FOCKX. This shit offered a 43% return last year despite the pandemic. If millions of people losing their jobs doesn't affect the market as a whole, I don't think Melvin Capital having to get a loan from the owner of the Mets is going to matter in the long run.

But, like I said, I don't fully understand this shit, so if someone can explain it to me/us, that'd be awesome.

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/gamestop-gme-and-the-stock-market%3A-what-it-means-for-everyday-investors-2021-01-29

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
« Reply #149 on: January 30, 2021, 06:48:45 PM »
From my very basic understanding :
The hedge fund has to buy back the now super expensive stock they borrowed to short the company. So they need a lot of cash or they will be liquidated ? So that means they have to sell their probably huge amount of shares of other companies, thus bringing down prices all around