Author Topic: Investing?  (Read 10156 times)

boi-cuzudo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 3
Re: Investing?
« Reply #270 on: April 19, 2021, 01:25:36 PM »
Just heard about it the other day, and starting to read into it. I just donít get it...it seems like scam. Maybe itís over my head or something.

So I "own" this piece of art/video/image/song an artist created. But then you can view this same item online, just like me. Except I paid a few hundred dollars to be the owner. What am I paying for exactly? If it's a photo, maybe I get the hi-res file and I can print it and hang to my wall. But if it's something entirely digital, what's the point?

Is this just some way to make money off hype? Launder money/crypto?

I just don't think I get it...

The point is to make a profit, to sell it in the future

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #271 on: April 20, 2021, 03:14:20 AM »
I bought 20 GME at 125. If it "moons" to 1K, 5K or even more it will be a lucky shot, if it tanks again I will lose 2K at most, which I can afford right now.  Those guys at Reddit who do insane amounts of research still have a lot of confidence in the short squeeze and think you can make millions off even a couple of shares. I dont think that's very realistic but it's also a once in a lifetime opportunity, and probably my only chance left to get some "fuck you" money.

I hate their ape, retard, tendies, stonks etcetera lingo there and how they talk about that DFV guy (who is obviously very smart, no doubt) like a god, not even a half god or a heroe, a real god.

I've got a few GME as well but I'm starting to think it will never happen. Everyone on Reddit was talking in the exact same manner last time it went up, about how it will continue to rise to 1,2,10k and it's going to change the world forever. Then it tanked overnight and suddenly the narrative completely changed instantly with the same people all "what, you didn't actually believe that the stock was going to keep going up, did you? I only invested half my life savings because I enjoy losing obscene amounts of money. You were stupid to take us seriously". I don't think they're as knowledgeable about it as it comes across, although obviously they know more than me.

I've stopped caring about it and if it happens it happens. It's what got me into investing so I look at it like if I can make my money back I lost on that I'll be all square.

To be fair to DVF he did change a lot of people's lives. But yeah the whole in joke of Reddit investors is really embarrassing. 
Kooking me just makes me stronger.

Dad_Brains

• Rep: 5
« Reply #272 on: June 08, 2021, 05:41:18 PM »
Anyone getting those AMC returns? I havenít looked at mine in a while, which I bought at around $10 then had a quick look the other day and some good stuff going on there

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #273 on: June 08, 2021, 05:57:59 PM »
Thinking about getting some bitcoins if the arse keeps falling out of them, I had said if they go to 15 grand aud Iíll get some

Is this stupid?

That game stock thing I reckon that was a one off shoulda sold it all when it started to drop

But I know fuck all about investing I just meant cause it was all on that forum the majority woulda sold their shit whilst still posting that diamond hand stuff on reddit
listen to cosmic psychos

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 377
« Reply #274 on: June 08, 2021, 08:26:39 PM »
Thinking about getting some bitcoins if the arse keeps falling out of them, I had said if they go to 15 grand aud Iíll get some

Is this stupid?

That game stock thing I reckon that was a one off shoulda sold it all when it started to drop

But I know fuck all about investing I just meant cause it was all on that forum the majority woulda sold their shit whilst still posting that diamond hand stuff on reddit

I think there's value to have a target to buy in at, but honestly just the best thing is to dollar cost average in. Get on an exchange and set a weekly buy of 25 bucks, 50 bucks, whatever your budget is, and that just cuts out trying to find bottoms or tops. And plan to hold for at least 3-4 years. Just my 2 cents, but that's the tried and true method in crypto. If you get into altcoins, I'd recommend taking profits if they're doing well because they bleed harder when BTC crashes and goes into a bear market. I'm in crypto for the long haul and it also helps to hold longer to avoid short term capital gains if you take profits before a year.

Irvine-Sucks.com

shitsandwich

• Rep: -54
« Reply #275 on: June 08, 2021, 10:46:44 PM »
Anyone getting those AMC returns? I havenít looked at mine in a while, which I bought at around $10 then had a quick look the other day and some good stuff going on there

I have like 8 shares that I bought around 8 dollars. My sister in law and brother feel pretty good about it going up pretty high. I don't know shit about stocks but I'm probably just gonna ride this one out since I didn't put too much in initially

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #276 on: June 09, 2021, 03:06:50 AM »
If you get into altcoins, I'd recommend taking profits if they're doing well because they bleed harder when BTC crashes and goes into a bear market.

Where were you three weeks ago

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #277 on: June 09, 2021, 08:27:06 AM »
Expand Quote
If you get into altcoins, I'd recommend taking profits if they're doing well because they bleed harder when BTC crashes and goes into a bear market.
[close]

Where were you three weeks ago

What do you mean? I was watching them crash with everything else. I've been invested in a while and have taken profits throughout the last few months.

Irvine-Sucks.com

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #278 on: June 09, 2021, 11:09:07 AM »
Was a joke, I meant I could've done with hearing that 3 weeks ago just before it tanked and I lost a shitload of money

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #279 on: June 09, 2021, 11:44:00 AM »
Was a joke, I meant I could've done with hearing that 3 weeks ago just before it tanked and I lost a shitload of money

Haha, gotcha. I mean, straddling the line between certain price predictions and knowing when to take profits is really hard. No one's going to predict market cycles perfectly. I wish I took a little bit more profit, but still think we're in a bull market, and might be bearish for the next month or 2.

I watched my portfolio drop by about 50-60% over the course of a few weeks. Brutal, but again, try not to get caught up in short term. You'll go crazy. A lot of the alt projects are ones I believe in long term, so if we do slip into a long term bear market, I'll just accumulate and hold for the long term.

Irvine-Sucks.com

yep yep

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 78
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #280 on: June 09, 2021, 05:58:01 PM »
Expand Quote

Is this stupid?

[close]

I think there's value to have a target to buy in at, but honestly just the best thing is to dollar cost average in. Get on an exchange and set a weekly buy of 25 bucks, 50 bucks, whatever your budget is, and that just cuts out trying to find bottoms or tops. And plan to hold for at least 3-4 years. Just my 2 cents, but that's the tried and true method in crypto. If you get into altcoins, I'd recommend taking profits if they're doing well because they bleed harder when BTC crashes and goes into a bear market. I'm in crypto for the long haul and it also helps to hold longer to avoid short term capital gains if you take profits before a year.
Legit 2 cents. Unless your able to watch the market all day/night I would go with the above method.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #281 on: July 23, 2021, 06:48:29 AM »
How did everyone do with their investments? Any recent investments?

As expected my boring ass 401K mutual fund investments did well. I don't check on my Bitcoin ever, I still can't get into my ripple wallet, and the random stocks I picked were not the best choices.

Also, I still can't believe a pandemic that caused so many people extreme hardship led to huge windfalls amongst those who own property or stock. The system we live in is very wrong.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"that guy is double parked."
"Who cares? there are people starving to death! besides, how does that affect you? does it lessen the joy of parking?

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #282 on: July 23, 2021, 07:12:10 AM »
All my crypto investments have gone down like a sack of shit and I'm not planning to look at them until I either hear some news about how crypto is going wild again or I die, not sure which will come first at this point. Well I guess I won't look at them after I die but at least I won't care anymore