Author Topic: Rebirth of the shitty skatepark  (Read 2499 times)

Circaskater420

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Rebirth of the shitty skatepark
« on: April 29, 2020, 04:19:32 PM »
Idk how it is in your guys’ cities but in mine all the skateparks have been closed so all the skaters are flocking to the hidden, forgotten, shitty, skateparks that haven’t been used in years. 

Say what you will about breaking the rules/leaving the house/skating (people are restless at this point), this thread isn’t about that. 

With shitty skatepark usage on the rise, do you think this era of skateboarding will see a change in tricks, style, etc?

thebacker

Re: Rebirth of the shitty skatepark
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 04:33:03 PM »
no

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2020, 04:46:29 PM »
Skateparks are Diying

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -196
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2020, 04:47:57 PM »
no

This. I got 2 young homies out of the park and on the streets every few nights a week with me. And they both have said multiple times as soon as the park opens up and they can so the same lines back and forth across the park again they are going right back. New mellow perfect ledge and transition parks are the move

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1197
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2020, 05:03:17 PM »
This will ignite a series of events eventually culminating in the mass extinction of all horseshoe crabs from the world’s oceans.  Hope you’re happy.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Tear Up a Trick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2020, 05:10:31 PM »
I totally back this, a great find.  It will be a shame when the only skateparks on earth are all perfect ones.  We need some that have been built by people that had no idea what they were doing. 

georgethecat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2020, 05:16:12 PM »
Expand Quote
no
[close]

This. I got 2 young homies out of the park and on the streets every few nights a week with me. And they both have said multiple times as soon as the park opens up and they can so the same lines back and forth across the park again they are going right back. New mellow perfect ledge and transition parks are the move

Weird.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2020, 05:41:15 PM »
This will ignite a series of events eventually culminating in the mass extinction of all horseshoe crabs from the world’s oceans.  Hope you’re happy.
If those fuckers would just pick one animal name for themselves, maybe I'd feel more sympathetic.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 971
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2020, 07:12:59 PM »
IDK. I been looking for I'm the only one around spots.

You couldn't pay me to go to a park rn.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Molte

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2020, 07:25:48 PM »
Idk how it is in your guys’ cities but in mine all the skateparks have been closed so all the skaters are flocking to the hidden, forgotten, shitty, skateparks that haven’t been used in years. 

Say what you will about breaking the rules/leaving the house/skating (people are restless at this point), this thread isn’t about that. 

With shitty skatepark usage on the rise, do you think this era of skateboarding will see a change in tricks, style, etc?

Pictures or it didn't happen. No jokes aside, but picturs yo !?

I'd like to see your shitty skatepark, and tell you if I think it has got DIY potential. Pretty please!!
Christ airs, airwalks and darkslides

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1059

Circaskater420

• Rep: -76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2020, 09:58:34 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'd like to see your shitty skatepark, and tell you if I think it has got DIY potential. Pretty please!!

https://m.facebook.com/Sheraden-PA-Skate-park-101577749894827/photos/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=0

This is the only picture I can find.  The ground is very coarse asphalt and it is overgrown as fuck.  It’s tucked away in a corner of shitty neighborhood and is used more by junkies rather than skaters.  There are already some DIY features there that aren’t pictured and they’ve been there for years. 

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2020, 10:11:17 PM »
You couldn't pay me to go to a park rn.
You've taken $5 to spin a sign for 8 hours keep it real

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1099
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2020, 10:19:01 PM »
The old, shitty skatepark in my town is right on Main Street.  So no.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Skart

• Rep: -33
  • Ham control
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2020, 10:44:40 PM »
I just want a kicker at this point
i need a break from this thread dawg. knowledge doesnt feel like power anymore

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -196
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2020, 02:56:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

https://m.facebook.com/Sheraden-PA-Skate-park-101577749894827/photos/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=0

This is the only picture I can find.  The ground is very coarse asphalt and it is overgrown as fuck.  It’s tucked away in a corner of shitty neighborhood and is used more by junkies rather than skaters.  There are already some DIY features there that aren’t pictured and they’ve been there for years.

Bless that

eranka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2020, 03:06:06 AM »
what i did notice is a lot of kid spots are back in action. little curbs, crusty manual pads and spots that usually go overlooked are now back big time. a few weeks ago it would have been impossible to convince friends to go skate fun shitty spots instead of going to the skatepark that has lights and smooth ground

gri

• Rep: 18
  • papauueueppe
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2020, 04:12:16 AM »
In my city the two main parks (although they're shitty as well) are closed. I noticed both, more street skating and more love for the shitty, forgotten parks in the outskirts of the city.

Our skate sessions definitely have become far more diverse regarding the selection of spots and I love to see that. It' s like the exploring factor of skating was brought back a little. But honestly I imagine most of the guys hanging around the park again once they're re-openend  ;D
shout out birds

sKINGraft

• Rep: 28
  • space doo-doo pistols
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2020, 06:05:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
If those fuckers would just pick one animal name for themselves, maybe I'd feel more sympathetic.

so should they be horse, shoe or crab?

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2020, 06:06:31 AM »
fuck that park is better then mine, it's a straight up scooter Karen park.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 06:10:43 AM by DarthDingusMaximus »
Dueces Bitch's

banksandledges

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2020, 06:26:51 AM »

We made this edit a long time ago when this piece of mud was just built
Enjoy

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1197
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2020, 07:04:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

You’re going to the beach as a kid, you’re psyched.  Got your boogie board, pb&j’s, sunscreen, pulling a cooler through the sand, holy shit this is going to be awesome... and then you come across the rotting corpse of some horrifying ancient alien nightmare creature.  It dawns on you that there are probably a lot more of them in the water.  Mindfuck, brah.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

sKINGraft

• Rep: 28
  • space doo-doo pistols
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2020, 09:20:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

You’re going to the beach as a kid, you’re psyched.  Got your boogie board, pb&j’s, sunscreen, pulling a cooler through the sand, holy shit this is going to be awesome... and then you come across the rotting corpse of some horrifying ancient alien nightmare creature.  It dawns on you that there are probably a lot more of them in the water.  Mindfuck, brah.