Author Topic: Tops Thread  (Read 2776 times)

j....soy.....

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Tops Thread
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2020, 02:04:36 PM »
I'm not a huge phelps worshipper but the carhartt vest is super practical. 

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1107
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2020, 02:26:45 PM »

It really is. I took my brothers, he used to work aaaactual construction and shit. Feels like it brings the correct amount of warmth, doesn’t restrict movement, pockets, durable. I mean fuck the biggest drawback is the popularity of the look.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2020, 07:32:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It really is. I took my brothers, he used to work aaaactual construction and shit. Feels like it brings the correct amount of warmth, doesn’t restrict movement, pockets, durable. I mean fuck the biggest drawback is the popularity of the look.
got one a couple years back for a photoshoot before i even knew who jake phelps was. its really the "anti" version of the phelps vest being that its blaze orange. never really saw anyone wear something like it minus hunters, rednecks, and lumberjacks and that was limited enough for me at the time.

its easily on of my favorite things that ive ever owned. the inside pocket saves phones, wallet, weed, etc. quilted and toasty on the inside. easy to layer and insanely versatile for something fucking orange. quality is no joke. its been through a lot of times and places and its still kicking with me. very sentimental item, had my name patched on it back in highschool.

ive only seen two of the black vests in the wild so far, but it could be big in my area for all i know. im pretty bummed if its a trendy thing now, but cant be surprised if it is
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Digital Rasta

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2020, 08:54:31 PM »
I was looking at Gilbert Crockett's and his mom's store today, man they got some cool old shit out there in VA. Lots of baseball jackets, down puffers, bombers and those sick satin jackets with patches and prints on the back

Yibb-Tstll

• Rep: 52
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2020, 05:26:41 AM »
Same here with the Carharrt vest, definitely my favorite. Mine doesn't have inner pocket but still really handy all year around. It's been through a lot but I dye it in black once a year and it's good to go again.

As for T-shirts, I mostly wear band shirt, so I'm used to those Gildan heavy cotton. I'm not picky about the fabric, but sometimes it's a nice surprise when the shirt used is better quality. I also prefer light discharge print to thick screenprint that tends to feel like a rubbery layer on the shirt.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2020, 06:08:21 AM »
I was looking at Gilbert Crockett's and his mom's store today, man they got some cool old shit out there in VA. Lots of baseball jackets, down puffers, bombers and those sick satin jackets with patches and prints on the back

What’s the name of the shop?

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2020, 06:50:01 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

https://instagram.com/ceebluesstore?igshid=bm1h6o7n38v

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2020, 09:12:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
https://instagram.com/ceebluesstore?igshid=bm1h6o7n38v

Thanks! Yeah they have cool stuff

Digital Rasta

« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2020, 12:45:06 AM »
Check out the Events/Classifieds section, I made a thread for my eBay store. I got lots of cool shirts for sale

• Rep: 31
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2020, 03:13:02 PM »
We’re going to have a “Tops Thread” without a post from GAY? I’m a little disappointed.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2020, 03:41:28 PM »
Anyone know what brand Welcome uses for their long sleeve t's ? All I know is they're made in Mexico.
They're much softer than Gildan, don't fade as much, the fit isn't as boxy and they're perfect for my long torso and arms.

My girlfriend got it for me and I'm not a big Welcome fan, yet I wear it often as it's my favourite fitting t. I really want to get a bunch of blank ones, that's all I'd wear.

Long sleeve t-shirts for life ya heard
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 03:45:13 PM by TheBoognish »

Digital Rasta

« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2020, 10:54:08 AM »
I been picking up some pretty cool lightweight jackets on eBay now that the weather is starting to get not so hot. I bought a couple bomber jackets, a pearl white satin one with black trim like Austyn Gillette wears (bought it before I saw his Former part). It has a cigarette burn on one of the sleeves so I got it super cheap. I also just received a forest green nylon varsity jacket with white stripes on the cuffs and collar. It was new with tags for $15 shipped. Score

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2020, 11:17:28 AM »
i mostly wear black blank tees to skate in. i still have a good stock. i'll just buy new ones whenever i find good ones in 3 packs.

sometimes i wear a band shirt or a white blank tee.

if it gets cold i wear a black hoodie.

i'm boring, sorry.

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2020, 02:06:42 PM »
I usually rock uniqlo and shop tees when it's too hot for sleeves. Other than that, I stick to white dickies work shirts that I modify and a bayside sweatshirt depending on the temperature. Basically, I dress like a waiter more when I'm skating than at my actual waiting job.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1573
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2020, 06:21:42 PM »
We’re going to have a “Tops Thread” without a post from GAY? I’m a little disappointed.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

cant kickflip but can tre

• Rep: 9
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2020, 12:52:15 AM »
Lately just been wearing Hanes Comfortsoft FreshIQ tees. Comes in packs. But for longsleeves, sweatshirts, and hoodies I wear an XL for a looser fit. I like how the tees are lightweight but kinda wish the sleeves were a little longer. Usually wear a large but thinking of going XL to get a boxier fit but also don't wanna be looking like I'm wearing a skirt or something. I'm 5'10 147lbs btw

eSK3

« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2020, 02:26:43 AM »
During the summer cheap Walmart 5 pack white tees. I wear them once and never again.

When it’s cool is when the variety comes out. Mainly polo and nautica button ups. Hoodies in all colors(nothing sus)
And sports jerseys with a long sleeve tee underneath.

I embrace my age and era that raised me.

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -198
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2020, 02:30:38 AM »
Got a couple PFG longsleeves I've skated and shredded up. Helps keep cool and extends the afternoon sessions in Florida heat.

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2020, 02:51:36 AM »
whatever top i wear stays on for approximately 5 minutes. i go pretty hard and get drenched in sweat quickly so shirtless is tbe way to go when its nice out.
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo