Author Topic: new Vans models  (Read 115771 times)

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
Re: new Vans models
« Reply #90 on: May 07, 2020, 10:19:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Was the Ultra Range Pro (both iterations) worth it?
[close]
I looked for them after a user here recommended them but I couldn't actually find any in my size in stock anywhere. I got the impression that they weren't making skateable versions currently. They have the lifestyle versions out still so hopefully they put either the 2 or the original back in the line. The same part of me that wants to try Legacy Slims wants to try the Ultra Range Pros.

I’ve seen a few on EBay and the crappy color ways are the cheapest.

That being said at 120 not many people tried them but the online reviews say they were really good.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

RossDailey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #91 on: May 10, 2020, 10:46:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Was the Ultra Range Pro (both iterations) worth it?
[close]
I looked for them after a user here recommended them but I couldn't actually find any in my size in stock anywhere. I got the impression that they weren't making skateable versions currently. They have the lifestyle versions out still so hopefully they put either the 2 or the original back in the line. The same part of me that wants to try Legacy Slims wants to try the Ultra Range Pros.
[close]

I’ve seen a few on EBay and the crappy color ways are the cheapest.

That being said at 120 not many people tried them but the online reviews say they were really good.

Every so often, some new guy w/ a bright idea walks into Vans & gets a 'tech' line of shoes going.

And then we have a line like XL & Ultra Range & the EXP Slip on.

It sells for a hot second & then it becomes hot garbage & everyone goes back to skating the classic vulcs.

This has happened before & it will happen again.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #92 on: May 10, 2020, 10:49:21 PM »
Ay least now they have a couple of technologies out. One of them is bound to work out. Also, I’m surprised they aren’t throwing their silhouettes onto the builds just to see what happens.

Vds

• Rep: -43
« Reply #93 on: May 11, 2020, 08:53:19 AM »
Still a garbage

SoftCarPrawn

klwn

• Rep: 0
« Reply #95 on: July 26, 2020, 02:35:35 PM »
Just bought the Chima Pro 2 in Bordeaux and repainted the stripe in white myself  ;D

JK42

• Rep: 20
« Reply #96 on: July 27, 2020, 02:25:41 AM »
Hey good people, what are the experiences of the Crockett 2 and the Berle...they seem pretty similar, but read/saw a couple of reviews that said the Berle was slippy.

tony mugu

• Rep: -1
« Reply #97 on: July 27, 2020, 04:46:38 AM »
Hey good people, what are the experiences of the Crockett 2 and the Berle...they seem pretty similar, but read/saw a couple of reviews that said the Berle was slippy.

Not worth it unless they are on sale (berles). I was lucky to get mine 60% off. They are frustratingly grippy for flip tricks requiring a kickflip motion and I often found the board flying out with the front foot. The laces for me keep blowing out every 1-2 sessions. The insole sucks and I put one on top of whatever that inbuilt one is.

Vans durability is well... vans durability. I haven’t skated them too long about 2 weeks I think and the toecap goes pretty quick and I’m already about to rip the fabric yet and I haven’t even touched the main rubber at the front.

However some positives are they feel pretty broken in out of the box, you can find a really good consistent flip eventually but I seem to have more off/on days with them than my other shoes. In conclusion they are a sale only shoe. This was my first time skating a vans shoe and being able to compare it though to other brands so I might be subjective to an extent. I also at the moment do lots of flip tricks so the durability might be longer for you.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #98 on: July 27, 2020, 05:24:08 AM »
Don't ever get Berle pros, worst shoe ever. Poor grip, bad flick and heavy af.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

franc

• Rep: 96
« Reply #99 on: July 27, 2020, 08:59:15 AM »

Currently skating Crockett 2s, skated 6 or 7 pairs before, if not more.
They're as skatable out of the box as it gets. They're perfect after 2 sessions for me, and I can skate a pair for about 2,5 months (skating 2 to 3 times a week, doing lots of tricks that include ollies) if I put a bit of Shoe Goo on the ollie hole I get after 1/1,5 month.
They're my favourite current shoe. I usually get black with white sole (classic) or plain white ones, I just wish there were more great colourways.

Never skated Berles, I think they look bad.

I read really good things about Rowans on here but didn't like the pair I got, they felt too bulky for my liking and I had trouble with the thickness of the sole, it made flip tricks harder.

TLDR: Get Crockett 2s.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #100 on: July 27, 2020, 09:37:54 AM »
@franc did the rowan's and crockett fit you the same? same size? Feel like crockett might run a tad longer?

JK42

« Reply #101 on: July 27, 2020, 09:48:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Currently skating Crockett 2s, skated 6 or 7 pairs before, if not more.
They're as skatable out of the box as it gets. They're perfect after 2 sessions for me, and I can skate a pair for about 2,5 months (skating 2 to 3 times a week, doing lots of tricks that include ollies) if I put a bit of Shoe Goo on the ollie hole I get after 1/1,5 month.
They're my favourite current shoe. I usually get black with white sole (classic) or plain white ones, I just wish there were more great colourways.

Never skated Berles, I think they look bad.

I read really good things about Rowans on here but didn't like the pair I got, they felt too bulky for my liking and I had trouble with the thickness of the sole, it made flip tricks harder.

TLDR: Get Crockett 2s.

Cheers for the recommend. I actually got some Rowans online during lockdown, but sent them back, like you said for being too big and puffy. It was like a canvas puffy, which just didn't seem right. Felt like i was wearing those tiger feet slippers or something.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 937
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #102 on: July 27, 2020, 09:52:16 AM »
I've only tried the Crocketts but they felt long (just like the Berle and TNTproto); I've the Rowans and they don't feel long to me.

saltusnaut

• Rep: 36
« Reply #103 on: July 27, 2020, 10:46:05 AM »
Both Crockett 2s and my sk8 hi feel a tad long. Both kinda same sole (waflecup). I got the black "bmx version" sk8 hi.

ClayH

• Rep: 21
« Reply #104 on: July 27, 2020, 01:11:58 PM »
I've got Crockett 2's waiting to be skated after the Berles I'm skating right now.

Unpopular opinion, but I'm really enjoying my Berles. I rip laces a lot and these do blow out so I just super glued them and they've been fine. They are a bit heavy, but I only noticed when picking up other shoes after holding them. Seams tend to blow out, but super glue ahead of time and you'll be fine. Durability and flick feel really great and the sole is pretty supportive. I have a really high arch and narrow foot so a sole working perfectly for me is rare. The sock liner is the real highlight. It's amazingly comfortable. For walking, they're great. For skating, they aren't the worst but aren't the best. If I had to skate just this shoe forever, I wouldn't be terribly bummed. They're worth trying, to me.

I'm interested to try the Crockett's, but they rub funny on my heel. They feel way more "normal" than the berles and are less tech-y than the Berles.

JK42

« Reply #105 on: July 27, 2020, 02:24:48 PM »
I’m normally a 10.5 in era pros, but was a 10 in the TNT adv proto. Would you half size down for the Crockett 2s?

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #106 on: July 27, 2020, 04:18:11 PM »
I agree with Clay’s opinions on the Berle. Had a pair, for as tech as they are they aren’t very special. For walking and chilling they excel (I had the mesh blue and yellow ones). They’re comfortable but for skating they require getting used to. They felt grippy and difficult to flick with but weirdly became slippery. They’re pebble magnets and will fuck up your grip but as long as you don’t have defects, you’ll be fine. A solid 6/10 in retrospect.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #107 on: July 27, 2020, 05:59:09 PM »
I've been going between a pair of Walkers and Berles. I prefer the Berles for everyday wear and just pumping around the bowl because they're pretty grippy. The Walkers are a bit better for flick. Then again, I suck at skating, so don't trust my opinion too much.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #108 on: July 27, 2020, 07:58:59 PM »
I've been going between a pair of Walkers and Berles. I prefer the Berles for everyday wear and just pumping around the bowl because they're pretty grippy. The Walkers are a bit better for flick. Then again, I suck at skating, so don't trust my opinion too much.

I got a pair of the walkers in the leather with the snake stripe thing. They’re mad comfy and look nice. I want another pair to skate.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #109 on: July 28, 2020, 05:06:18 AM »
Has anyone tried the Velcro Kwalk that looks like a Janoski?

And does it have a regs insole or a big foam thing.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #110 on: July 28, 2020, 09:10:03 AM »
Has anyone tried the Velcro Kwalk that looks like a Janoski?

And does it have a regs insole or a big foam thing.

Have they even dropped? I dunno. I respect the look, but I think I would've liked it more without the velcro.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #112 on: July 30, 2020, 09:35:12 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CDPa6Eipawx/?igshid=19kxt53bmr0tl

This legit looks like a rock climbing shoe... looks like they'd be awful for skating but my buddy who used to skate but doesn't anymore says they're great for working out in

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #113 on: July 30, 2020, 10:01:15 AM »
Those Ultraranges are basically the Vans dad shoes.

Comfy for everyday walking and such. I bought a pair to take with me when traveling through Thailand, Vietnam, Hawaii, etc. Perfect as they feel comfy without socks making it easier to wear them to a beach, waterfall, river, etc., then throw em back on when you leave.

stets

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #114 on: July 30, 2020, 11:03:46 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CDPa6Eipawx/?igshid=19kxt53bmr0tl

I am almost 100% sure these aren't from their Pro Skate line. Says it has "all terrain grip" which leads me to believe it's from either their surf or lifestyle lines intended for casual outdoor wear.
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #115 on: July 30, 2020, 11:35:49 AM »
They aren’t. If you look closely on the 3rd slide it’s the reverse waffle thing. I think Grossa had a Sk8-Mid with them (s/o to the Gel Ultracush HD) and it had the sole, accidentally.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #116 on: July 30, 2020, 11:43:27 AM »
yeah not in the pro skate line. borrowing ultracush though

Also, the TNT advance prototype is still being made? see a new color pop up but these were crazy cheap at the outlet
 https://www.vans.com/shop/mens-shoes-skate/tnt-advanced-prototype-pumpkin-white

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #117 on: July 30, 2020, 11:50:48 AM »
That shoe is fucking hideous to me, and I don’t know why.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #118 on: July 30, 2020, 02:16:41 PM »
yeah not in the pro skate line. borrowing ultracush though

Also, the TNT advance prototype is still being made? see a new color pop up but these were crazy cheap at the outlet
 https://www.vans.com/shop/mens-shoes-skate/tnt-advanced-prototype-pumpkin-white

Do his shoes sell like crazy or something? Cause it's really surprising to me that he's still getting pro models and people are doubting that Reynolds will get one

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #119 on: July 30, 2020, 02:47:32 PM »
That shoe is fucking hideous to me, and I know why.

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year