Author Topic: new Vans models  (Read 116398 times)

Crap

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 77
Re: new Vans models
« Reply #120 on: July 31, 2020, 05:15:42 AM »
Expand Quote
yeah not in the pro skate line. borrowing ultracush though

Also, the TNT advance prototype is still being made? see a new color pop up but these were crazy cheap at the outlet
 https://www.vans.com/shop/mens-shoes-skate/tnt-advanced-prototype-pumpkin-white

[close]

Do his shoes sell like crazy or something? Cause it's really surprising to me that he's still getting pro models and people are doubting that Reynolds will get one

I kind of assumed it was in his contract that he gets x number of pro models, so they had to keep making them, even though he's not really a top level pro anymore. But that shoe looks disgusting, and it's been in the line a couple years now, so someone must be buying it.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #121 on: July 31, 2020, 08:48:47 AM »
I basically shill for the AVE now. Found myself near a track and decided to run in circles for a while, didn’t have my running shoes, feet felt fine afterwards.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #122 on: July 31, 2020, 08:57:50 AM »
I basically shill for the AVE now. Found myself near a track and decided to run in circles for a while, didn’t have my running shoes, feet felt fine afterwards.
I need a pair. Was waiting for some significant discount. the 30% was good but had bought too much recently to bite on em. Liking the crockett 2's cushion wise just from walking around lately.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #123 on: July 31, 2020, 02:18:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I need a pair. Was waiting for some significant discount. the 30% was good but had bought too much recently to bite on em. Liking the crockett 2's cushion wise just from walking around lately.

Gilb2’s look decent for sure. When I’m not stanning for the AVE I just want plain authentics/eras/maybe half cabs, in the most basic colors. I skated in my Juliens and that was fun for the 2 weeks they lasted. Some of the newer tech vans shoes look pretty bad....

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #124 on: August 11, 2020, 11:22:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Also, the TNT advance prototype is still being made? see a new color pop up but these were crazy cheap at the outlet

[close]

Do his shoes sell like crazy or something? Cause it's really surprising to me that he's still getting pro models and people are doubting that Reynolds will get one
[close]

I kind of assumed it was in his contract that he gets x number of pro models, so they had to keep making them, even though he's not really a top level pro anymore. But that shoe looks disgusting, and it's been in the line a couple years now, so someone must be buying it.

I mean no one is getting a contract like that, right?There's no way shoe companies are doing 10 pro model shoe deals, even someone like Vans.

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #125 on: August 11, 2020, 11:42:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I mean no one is getting a contract like that, right?There's no way shoe companies are doing 10 pro model shoe deals, even someone like Vans.

I don't know if they're giving out deals like that anymore, but I think they did at one point. I don't know if it was 10 pro models specifically, but I don't think TNT still has a pro shoe just because of his marketability, which is nowhere near what it once was. Look at the last couple pro models P-Rod had on Nike. He wasn't exactly on top of the skate world anymore, his shoes weren't flying off the shelves, and they had newer guys who deserved it more. I assume TNT's last one or two Vans pro models are the same thing. Depending on when he signed his deal, there might have been a bidding war with another brand, or he may have just had a lot of negotiating power to get something like that written in.

This is a lot of speculation on my part, so I have no idea if it's true, but that's just the scenario that makes the most sense to me.

GoldenGateHeights

• Rep: 16
« Reply #126 on: August 11, 2020, 11:51:07 AM »
Not a fan of that pumpkin colorway at all, but I definitely have a pair of TNT Advanced Prototypes in the rotation of shoes I skate in. Comfortable, durable, and remind me a bit of the AV Rapidweld Pro.

franc

• Rep: 96
« Reply #127 on: August 11, 2020, 12:17:36 PM »
@franc did the rowan's and crockett fit you the same? same size? Feel like crockett might run a tad longer?

Sorry for the delayed reply.

I got both in the same size (11.5) and the Gilbies might be a tiny, tiny bit longer. Both did fit well until I tried to skate the Rowans which I didn't like at all.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #128 on: August 11, 2020, 12:19:04 PM »
i feel like the only locks for pro shoes in the future are Reynolds and Kader. those will sell super well unless Vans completely botches the design. would love to see what reynolds brings to the table in terms of a Vans shoe.

Solid bowlcut

« Reply #129 on: August 11, 2020, 12:32:27 PM »
Anyone noticed that the new Old Skool pros (full suede) are ridiculously wide or am i just trippin? I have pretty wide foot yet my trusty old 8.5s feel almost too loose.

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #130 on: August 11, 2020, 12:38:11 PM »
i feel like the only locks for pro shoes in the future are Reynolds and Kader. those will sell super well unless Vans completely botches the design. would love to see what reynolds brings to the table in terms of a Vans shoe.

I feel Justin Henry is gonna get one once Quasi turns him pro.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #131 on: August 11, 2020, 12:40:12 PM »

If Reynolds made a good looking cup. Something you can wear to skate and to do errands that would be ideal.

I really enjoyed the aves but the clear some gimmick wore off quick to me. And the weird toe cap on it durable but just looked not so great to me. I got the all black and I with I got the white ones. I can’t pull off an all black shoe.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #132 on: August 11, 2020, 12:49:03 PM »
posted in upcoming shoes thread..Those vans cups Reynolds was wearing. special made fairlanes

Something like this? But modernized I could see vans dropping.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #133 on: August 11, 2020, 01:11:16 PM »
For those who find vulcanized Vans to be very grippy on fliptricks, how do the AVEs compare? I skate Vans all the time, but I notice my fliptricks are a lot better in cupsoles because of slightly less tackiness. Would buy some AVEs if the flick wasn't quite as sticky as, say, my slipon pros.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #134 on: August 11, 2020, 01:18:42 PM »
Expand Quote
@franc did the rowan's and crockett fit you the same? same size? Feel like crockett might run a tad longer?
[close]

Sorry for the delayed reply.

I got both in the same size (11.5) and the Gilbies might be a tiny, tiny bit longer. Both did fit well until I tried to skate the Rowans which I didn't like at all.

Curious to hear what you didn't like about them? I absolutely love mine, best skate shoe I've had in years

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #135 on: August 11, 2020, 01:33:18 PM »
For those who find vulcanized Vans to be very grippy on fliptricks, how do the AVEs compare? I skate Vans all the time, but I notice my fliptricks are a lot better in cupsoles because of slightly less tackiness. Would buy some AVEs if the flick wasn't quite as sticky as, say, my slipon pros.
Yes, I can confirm that the AVEs are slightly less sticky than the pro vulcs.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #136 on: August 11, 2020, 04:43:05 PM »

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #137 on: August 13, 2020, 04:56:00 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CDwCNfogPvN/?igshid=1vxvntv0tehqa

Probably not in pro skate line but reminded me of fairlaine or the duos Reynolds was wearing a bit

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #138 on: August 13, 2020, 08:19:38 AM »
Crockett Highs are finally live in Canada - scored a pair this morning on the Vans site. Act fast

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #139 on: August 13, 2020, 08:50:12 AM »
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-dauRm5NsAaQ/TnGbVYWMhpI/AAAAAAAAAgI/OTiJQjGzbkI/s1600/vans-rowleyspv-view.jpg
Are these limited?
Sold out everywhere. I really want a pair.
Side note, i bought the era pros(or whichever one has no padding on the collar) and they are so uncomfortable. Blisters on pinky toe and heel rub. Granted i was sock-less but my intent was for some summertime shoes.
Do they get better?

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #140 on: August 13, 2020, 10:43:21 AM »
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-dauRm5NsAaQ/TnGbVYWMhpI/AAAAAAAAAgI/OTiJQjGzbkI/s1600/vans-rowleyspv-view.jpg
Are these limited?
Sold out everywhere. I really want a pair.
Side note, i bought the era pros(or whichever one has no padding on the collar) and they are so uncomfortable. Blisters on pinky toe and heel rub. Granted i was sock-less but my intent was for some summertime shoes.
Do they get better?
Authentics then if they dont have collar padding. id say wearing with socks to break them in would be a better choice. maybe theyre too snug ?

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #141 on: August 13, 2020, 01:23:10 PM »
Those Rowley SPVs came out 9 years ago...

and yeah Authentic Pros are terrible - stay far away. Get era pros instead.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #142 on: August 13, 2020, 02:59:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I don't know if they're giving out deals like that anymore, but I think they did at one point. I don't know if it was 10 pro models specifically, but I don't think TNT still has a pro shoe just because of his marketability, which is nowhere near what it once was. Look at the last couple pro models P-Rod had on Nike. He wasn't exactly on top of the skate world anymore, his shoes weren't flying off the shelves, and they had newer guys who deserved it more. I assume TNT's last one or two Vans pro models are the same thing. Depending on when he signed his deal, there might have been a bidding war with another brand, or he may have just had a lot of negotiating power to get something like that written in.

This is a lot of speculation on my part, so I have no idea if it's true, but that's just the scenario that makes the most sense to me.

PRod definitely had a contract guaranteeing 10 pro models. I assumed they’d expand beyond that, particularly with Primitive taking off, but looks like that’s not the case. Wonder if they’ll give him one more model before he moves completely into the background / retires.

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #143 on: August 13, 2020, 03:48:17 PM »
Those Rowley SPVs came out 9 years ago...

and yeah Authentic Pros are terrible - stay far away. Get era pros instead.
Awww man, i thought they reissued the spv’s. They should, one of my favorites.
I’m bummed on the authentics and wish they would break in but whatever. Should’ve bought the originals. Half the price and not terribly uncomfortable.

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #144 on: August 13, 2020, 09:37:37 PM »
does anyone know if vans are just better now in general? i used to avoid them like the plague but i've skated rowans and old skools now and they've been pretty ight

thefriscokid

• Rep: 6
« Reply #145 on: August 14, 2020, 01:03:41 AM »
does anyone know if vans are just better now in general? i used to avoid them like the plague but i've skated rowans and old skools now and they've been pretty ight

Id be so happy if they lasted me more than 3 weeks, really want to try the Rowans out but Im afraid of buying limp dick Vans
two times

Toadfish Rebecchi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
« Reply #146 on: August 14, 2020, 02:59:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Id be so happy if they lasted me more than 3 weeks, really want to try the Rowans out but Im afraid of buying limp dick Vans

The Rowans are extremely durable and don’t potato out like other Vans. Hold their shape and form well. Made from premium materials for a simple looking shoe.
[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #147 on: August 14, 2020, 07:37:22 AM »
It's by no means an advanced shoe, but the Old School Pros have always treated me well. It seems like the non-pro classics wear out almost immediately.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #148 on: August 14, 2020, 07:41:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

The Rowans are extremely durable and don’t potato out like other Vans. Hold their shape and form well. Made from premium materials for a simple looking shoe.

I've been skating mine since first week of April and they're still holding up great, no shoe-goo or anything. Sole is starting to get a little smooth though.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #149 on: August 14, 2020, 08:01:19 AM »
Could be the new popcush? or you suggesting rubber compound, shape, etc? Rowans have that new outsole(gum rubber?) tech too