Author Topic: new Vans models  (Read 115775 times)

Crap

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 77
Re: new Vans models
« Reply #180 on: August 28, 2020, 06:39:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I haven’t read this topic in its entirety but I just got some TNT Advanced over the weekend to try the 3D Lite sole. I fractured my ankle a few years ago and never let it heal properly, which caused my arch to collapse to compensate...

Never used any kind of orthotic sole because I always find they hurt the arch too much, until I learnt that its something you need to let your feet adjust to. Had a solid skate in them yesterday and my session definitely lasted a little longer! Less back pain ect so I’m gonna swap these into other shoes/buy more TNT’s. Stoked
[close]

The Chima 2 has the same 3D light insole as the TNT, in case you want a different kinda shoe with the same insole!
[close]

I can attest to the Chima 2 and the UltraCush 3D insole. I've mentioned in previous threads that UltraCush HD was the most unstable and painful insoles I've ever stepped on, and I can't understand how anyone walks on them let alone skate on them. 3D, on the other hand, isn't perfect but it doesn't hurt and feels much more stable.

Expand Quote
Premier usually has good pics but not sure is this suede is off white or white and just a filter. not as crisp as the views above

[close]

Took them more than a year, but finally a colorway of this shoe that doesn't have a puke-inducing outsole.
[close]
Still looks wrong. Sucks you always have to have some sort of blue showing through the sole.
I swear vans will either give you a sock to skate with no tech, or go way to far like they did with the AVE or Walker 2.
Not even gonna mention changes their insole feel every few months now.
[close]

The in-between shoe where it isn't a sock, but they didn't fall over themselves to make you look at the tech is the Berle. Everyone says it looks like a Kohls shoe, and they're right; but it does have some tech in it, and it still looks way better than the AVE shoe, which is seemingly a great shoe that is totally ruined by its appearance.
[close]
My friend has the berles and i noticed every time he skates them he spends at least a quarter of the session in a dark corner picking out pebbles from the sole. Bet they'd be a great shoe at clean parks but a no no in the streets. At least he's cleaning up pebbles for the rest of us at the session.

Yeah, nobody likes that shoe at all, eh? Like, not even the guy whose name is on it. I really wanted to like it because most cupsoles on the market right now look like either 2002 DC's or baseball coach shoes; but it didn't fit me properly, and nobody that bought it seems satisfied with it.

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #181 on: August 28, 2020, 09:09:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I haven’t read this topic in its entirety but I just got some TNT Advanced over the weekend to try the 3D Lite sole. I fractured my ankle a few years ago and never let it heal properly, which caused my arch to collapse to compensate...

Never used any kind of orthotic sole because I always find they hurt the arch too much, until I learnt that its something you need to let your feet adjust to. Had a solid skate in them yesterday and my session definitely lasted a little longer! Less back pain ect so I’m gonna swap these into other shoes/buy more TNT’s. Stoked
[close]

The Chima 2 has the same 3D light insole as the TNT, in case you want a different kinda shoe with the same insole!
[close]

I can attest to the Chima 2 and the UltraCush 3D insole. I've mentioned in previous threads that UltraCush HD was the most unstable and painful insoles I've ever stepped on, and I can't understand how anyone walks on them let alone skate on them. 3D, on the other hand, isn't perfect but it doesn't hurt and feels much more stable.

Expand Quote
Premier usually has good pics but not sure is this suede is off white or white and just a filter. not as crisp as the views above

[close]

Took them more than a year, but finally a colorway of this shoe that doesn't have a puke-inducing outsole.
[close]
Still looks wrong. Sucks you always have to have some sort of blue showing through the sole.
I swear vans will either give you a sock to skate with no tech, or go way to far like they did with the AVE or Walker 2.
Not even gonna mention changes their insole feel every few months now.
[close]

The in-between shoe where it isn't a sock, but they didn't fall over themselves to make you look at the tech is the Berle. Everyone says it looks like a Kohls shoe, and they're right; but it does have some tech in it, and it still looks way better than the AVE shoe, which is seemingly a great shoe that is totally ruined by its appearance.
[close]
My friend has the berles and i noticed every time he skates them he spends at least a quarter of the session in a dark corner picking out pebbles from the sole. Bet they'd be a great shoe at clean parks but a no no in the streets. At least he's cleaning up pebbles for the rest of us at the session.
[close]

Yeah, nobody likes that shoe at all, eh? Like, not even the guy whose name is on it. I really wanted to like it because most cupsoles on the market right now look like either 2002 DC's or baseball coach shoes; but it didn't fit me properly, and nobody that bought it seems satisfied with it.

I'm riding a pair right now. I'm fine with them. Does take some wear to get rid of the stiffness.The cupsole is nice. The sole doesn't feel as thick as the Kyle Walkers which I skated last (good thing). And I like them as everyday wear as well.

Also granted, I'm not in the streets. I'm in the park riding (learning) transition.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #183 on: August 31, 2020, 08:47:42 PM »
Hey so wasn't sure which thread to ask this but maybe someone will respond here

Anyone know where can get a pair of size 9 half cab pro's in the the U.S?

I'm an Aussie asking for a "friend " in the states

Any help be appreciated  :)

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #184 on: September 01, 2020, 08:02:45 AM »
white/black Rowan's on premier.. really like these

https://thepremierstore.com/products/rowan-pro-4

PincherBug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #185 on: September 01, 2020, 08:32:51 AM »

You can get a size 9 Half Cab pros almost any shop site or on the Vans site

https://www.tactics.com/search/vans+half+cab+pro+skate+shoes
Tactics has size 9 in the OG colorway and green tan colorway

These are dope, they have size 9
https://www.561skateboarding.com/collections/frontpage/products/vans-half-cab-pro-surplus-black-military?variant=32079030878278

Zappos has 9 in og black
https://www.zappos.com/p/vans-half-cab-pro-black-black-white/product/7418942/color/552963

Vans store has surplus colorway and og black in size 9
https://www.vans.com/shop/mens-shoes-skate/surplus-half-cab-pro-black-military

Take your pick homie

Ive gotten shoes from all theses sites, all legit

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #186 on: September 01, 2020, 11:52:19 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You can get a size 9 Half Cab pros almost any shop site or on the Vans site

https://www.tactics.com/search/vans+half+cab+pro+skate+shoes
Tactics has size 9 in the OG colorway and green tan colorway

These are dope, they have size 9
https://www.561skateboarding.com/collections/frontpage/products/vans-half-cab-pro-surplus-black-military?variant=32079030878278

Zappos has 9 in og black
https://www.zappos.com/p/vans-half-cab-pro-black-black-white/product/7418942/color/552963

Vans store has surplus colorway and og black in size 9
https://www.vans.com/shop/mens-shoes-skate/surplus-half-cab-pro-black-military

Take your pick homie

Ive gotten shoes from all theses sites, all legit

Thanks mate.

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #187 on: September 04, 2020, 10:24:39 AM »
Gilby Hi mini review

Not a ton of material to the high top, closer to a chuck than a blazer

Toe shape is the same as the low

Sole is functionally the same as the low

Pop cush is the same as ultracush

Heel lock is obviously better

They look great

If you didn't like the low you'll still not like these and vice versa

ballintoohard

« Reply #188 on: September 04, 2020, 10:54:18 AM »
My first experience with a Gilby shoe is the high. I really like it. I normally skate Blazers and have preferred floppier shoes like CTAS and even Old Skools. The Old Skools always felt like they had floppy bulk to em and I normally don't like very many cups, but the wafflecup feels great actually. Supportive, but decent boardfeel and they have broken in well.

franc

• Rep: 96
« Reply #189 on: September 04, 2020, 12:29:36 PM »

Functionally the same? Is it different? Thought it was a Wafflecup deal too.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #190 on: September 04, 2020, 12:40:27 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Functionally the same? Is it different? Thought it was a Wafflecup deal too.
Its the same. Source: I've had both.

popcush feels denser and didn't pack out in my 3 months with the rowans compared to ultracush. But if you told me it was in my head, I might not put up a fight.

franc

« Reply #191 on: September 06, 2020, 07:47:39 AM »
Thanks man.

I've had loads of Crockett 2s and am tempted by the those new high blue ones now.

sammyz

• Rep: 82
« Reply #192 on: September 22, 2020, 06:06:51 AM »
After riding the rowley classics for about 2 months and saving it as much as possible with shoe goo, i pulled the trigger on a white/gum pair of rowans. I know it gets some harsh reviews...but the Rowley classics i had, which i wouldnt classify as a skate shoe were really good for me...so I’m thinking i may be looking for different things in shoes.

Should get them tomorrow...hoping it works out!

kenjiro

« Reply #193 on: September 24, 2020, 12:28:41 PM »
these new crockett high tops are my favorite shoes of the year. waffle cup is legit. my heel feels so locked in!

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #194 on: September 24, 2020, 12:58:08 PM »
these new crockett high tops are my favorite shoes of the year. waffle cup is legit. my heel feels so locked in!
how does the upper break in?  Start stiff? the black teal is sick

sammyz

• Rep: 82
« Reply #195 on: September 24, 2020, 05:15:57 PM »
Ive been looking for those crockett hi’s, don’t think they’ve made it to Australia yet...they seem really good...are they cup all the way or cup/vulc mix?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #196 on: September 25, 2020, 03:41:11 AM »

popcush feels denser and didn't pack out in my 3 months with the rowans compared to ultracush. But if you told me it was in my head, I might not put up a fight.
[/quote]
It's not in your head, popcush is superior. Not "the same" as ultracush by any means.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 565
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #197 on: September 25, 2020, 04:37:51 AM »
Ive been looking for those crockett hi’s, don’t think they’ve made it to Australia yet...they seem really good...are they cup all the way or cup/vulc mix?

they call it Wafflecup
some sort of hybrid between vulc and cup
feels like a more durable vulc / better cushioning with a quicker break in phase than a classic cup
less board feel obviously

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #198 on: September 25, 2020, 06:06:20 AM »
I haven't worn Vans in a while but those white/blue Crockett quasi's got me jazzed up. What's the word on sizing for those compared to regular authentics etc?

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #199 on: September 25, 2020, 07:38:41 AM »
I haven't worn Vans in a while but those white/blue Crockett quasi's got me jazzed up. What's the word on sizing for those compared to regular authentics etc?
TTS

franc

« Reply #200 on: September 25, 2020, 09:07:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

they call it Wafflecup
feels like a more durable vulc / better cushioning with a quicker break in phase than a classic cup

I've only skated in vulcs these last 15 years, am really picky when it comes to board feel and think Wafflecups don't take long to break in. Wear them to work for a week, skate them twice and they're perfect. The board feel is excellent.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #201 on: September 25, 2020, 10:19:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
TTS

Thank you, my man.

franc

« Reply #202 on: September 25, 2020, 11:26:43 AM »
I wear the same size (11.5) in Half Cab Pros, Crocketts, SK8 Hi Pros and most shoes from the Pro range apart from Slip On Pros (go half a size up). So yeah Crocketts are true to size.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 565
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #203 on: September 26, 2020, 01:42:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

they call it Wafflecup
[close]

I've only skated in vulcs these last 15 years, am really picky when it comes to board feel and think Wafflecups don't take long to break in. Wear them to work for a week, skate them twice and they're perfect. The board feel is excellent.

yeah you're right, i should have been more precise by saying board feel is not like an old skool but it's still pretty good after the quick break-in

pops

• Rep: 218
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #204 on: September 26, 2020, 02:40:29 AM »
Aside from Crockett 2 and Kwalks 1, other Vans shoes have been total poo for me. Rowans didn't fit me at all so can't say how they skate.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #205 on: September 26, 2020, 05:39:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

they call it Wafflecup
[close]

Wafflecup is the best thing that ever happened to Vans
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #206 on: September 26, 2020, 09:00:19 PM »
How do the Rowley Rapidwelds fit?
Would half a size down kill me?
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

franc

« Reply #207 on: September 27, 2020, 12:31:03 AM »

Wafflecup is the best thing that ever happened to Vans

Absolutely! I'll get a pair of SK8-Hi Pros every once in a while because I love how they look but Gilbies are ten times better to skate in. Favourite shoe these last years, I just wish they made more decent colourways. I'll never get tired of black with white sole but something spicier that doesn't look too Zumiez would be appreciated.

Vintagebody

• Rep: 76
« Reply #208 on: September 27, 2020, 12:36:26 AM »
Are the Gilberts heel area stiff/uncomfy as say Chima 2's?
I'd like to try the Crockett 2s, or highs for that matter

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #209 on: September 27, 2020, 05:19:50 AM »
Are the Gilberts heel area stiff/uncomfy as say Chima 2's?
I'd like to try the Crockett 2s, or highs for that matters
not on the lows. Haven’t tried the high