Author Topic: new Vans models  (Read 115924 times)

pointandclick

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: new Vans models
« Reply #330 on: December 17, 2020, 06:20:18 PM »
these were way better than people gave them credit for.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #331 on: December 17, 2020, 08:38:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I wish Van’s would release the full cab pro again minus the goofy faux animal skin. I am stoked on the Rowley Pro being out again though, gonna have to cop a few pairs.
[close]

The synthetic material of the OG Rowleys were a bit of a pain and would shred easily, but the new versions seem like he is back on the meat wagon, full suede and works well.  The sole is thinner in the new Rowley shoe though, with only the thin fixed insole, but that might appeal to some people as well, but might be a pain to others.
[close]

I usually prefer the ultracush insoles but I’ll still give the new ones a try. I think the Rowley Pro is one of the best looking shoes ever.
[close]
https://www.vans.com/shop/mens-shoes-skate/rowley-rapidweld-pro-navy-white#hero=4
This version is a waffle cup with ultracush according to the site. Does it feel thin? I have a pair of the crockett highs and I love the feeling of the sole. wondering if we have the same metric for what feels thin.

The wafflecup is amazing and another step up in the quality department, but the regular Rowley Pro that is out is more the normal pro Vans sole look, only thinner, as in the simple waffle sole is a few mm less than the regular pro waffle sole.

See the difference between Pro Rowley rapidweld with the wafflecup sole (especially the heel)

And the normal pro Rowley with normal pro sole

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #332 on: December 17, 2020, 08:50:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
), Gilbert getting weird ones nobody wants (Hedge Green with a dark gum sole, fuck me).
[close]

Ordered the first day it was available and fucking love them. Thanks!
[close]

Haha, each to their own! Glad you like the, glad some people like skating in them.

Just started skating a pair of those green Half Cab Pros that came out last spring I think, loving this colourway. I wish Vans made something similar but with more beige bits, like that old Carroll pro shoe inspired by Airwalk Enigmas, with a white sole though. I can't wear black soles.

Just looking for Rowleys and came across that throwback colourway too.

Not my thing but the shoe is clean looking - the Rowley Freedome version or something like that.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #333 on: December 17, 2020, 10:07:07 PM »
I bought some half cab pros. What aftermarket insoles do you all switch out the pop Cush for?

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #334 on: December 18, 2020, 01:13:24 AM »
Anyone skated a pair of the Vans Pro wrapped?

They have the extra bit of rubber wrapped round the whole upper of the shoe, not as much as the 112 or other versions with the full toe cap but definitely a bit more than the usual versions, which I just saw on vans.com.au but seem like they have been out everywhere else for a month or so.

I found the Uprise instagram post with pics here, seems they are in old skool and authentic:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHRPFL3pJAu/

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #335 on: December 18, 2020, 01:21:26 AM »
I bought some half cab pros. What aftermarket insoles do you all switch out the pop Cush for?

I would be curious to know how many people do actually switch them out and how many just ride them as is.

I have often heard others pull them straight out and use Footprint elite, Remind or similar, even recycle some older ones from the flatter insoles rather than the highly contoured ones in Vans pro now (as I do) but if they don't feel comfortable, often use older insoles until the shoe is nicely worn in and then put the new ones in to last out the life of the shoe.

dumptruck12

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #336 on: December 18, 2020, 04:18:13 AM »

They have the extra bit of rubber wrapped round the whole upper of the shoe, not as much as the 112 or other versions with the full toe cap but definitely a bit more than the usual versions, which I just saw on vans.com.au but seem like they have been out everywhere else for a month or so.

I found the Uprise instagram post with pics here, seems they are in old skool and authentic:

I skated them, honestly I didn’t feel a difference but they were good, skated normal to me, and I loved old skools

zahed

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: -28
« Reply #337 on: December 18, 2020, 05:23:45 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I skated them, honestly I didn’t feel a difference but they were good, skated normal to me, and I loved old skools

skated them and love them. anytime old skool comes in all suede i buy. probably going to grab a few more pairs.

LewFarrell

• Rep: 140
« Reply #338 on: December 18, 2020, 10:18:21 AM »

I use FP Gamechangers, the PopCush feels too damn high in the heel for me. Tried them in Berle's, Kwalks, Old Schools and Sk8 Hi's and all were a great fit.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #339 on: December 18, 2020, 10:23:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I use FP Gamechangers, the PopCush feels too damn high in the heel for me. Tried them in Berle's, Kwalks, Old Schools and Sk8 Hi's and all were a great fit.
the 5mm version?

LewFarrell

• Rep: 140
« Reply #340 on: December 18, 2020, 10:29:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
the 5mm version?
Yep! I'm a fan. They are hard as hell but I feel way less foot fatigue. In my mid30s fwiw.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #341 on: December 18, 2020, 10:30:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I would be curious to know how many people do actually switch them out and how many just ride them as is.

I have often heard others pull them straight out and use Footprint elite, Remind or similar, even recycle some older ones from the flatter insoles rather than the highly contoured ones in Vans pro now (as I do) but if they don't feel comfortable, often use older insoles until the shoe is nicely worn in and then put the new ones in to last out the life of the shoe.

For me the Pop Cush is difficult because the heel is so high and the ball and toe bed are so low and flat that it puts unnecessary pressure on my forefoot. I have some old SB Blazer lunarlon insoles and tried those in my Half Cabs and it felt like a completely different shoe but I'm interested to try some FP elite insoles. It's hard to pull the trigger on an expensive product that backs a MAGA fucktard like Paul Hart though.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #342 on: December 18, 2020, 10:34:08 AM »
@funeral_tuxedo ive had trouble pulling the trigger on a pair of FP for a year now you’re not alone there. The kingfoam are 60 bucks now

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #343 on: December 18, 2020, 12:29:51 PM »
There isn’t a brand as good, at least that I’m aware for insoles. I have the remind medic and it kinda sucks. I know they have a moldeable one that’s the same price as GameChangers but, i doubt they’ll take the impact.

Also, Fuck Paul Hart.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #344 on: December 18, 2020, 04:11:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

For me the Pop Cush is difficult because the heel is so high and the ball and toe bed are so low and flat that it puts unnecessary pressure on my forefoot. I have some old SB Blazer lunarlon insoles and tried those in my Half Cabs and it felt like a completely different shoe but I'm interested to try some FP elite insoles. It's hard to pull the trigger on an expensive product that backs a MAGA fucktard like Paul Hart though.

A couple of guys I know skate the Footprint elites in anything and everything, so I got some in for the shop but I found them to be a bit too squishy and flat for my feet.  The Neen ones have an extra bit of harder material from the heel up to about mid foot, which helps a whole lot and supports a bit more.  Not sure if any new Footprint insoles have the same thing, as all the other elite versions were just the soft flexi material right the way through.

None really sold in the shop even though a lot of people were interested, but the price was the biggest issue, so many people didn't want to pay that much just for insoles that they may or may not like.  I got the elite and the regular flat ones in a few different mm, just to see what there was.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7p1cQfFMJ7/

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #345 on: December 19, 2020, 01:37:07 AM »

skated them and love them. anytime old skool comes in all suede i buy. probably going to grab a few more pairs.

Yes the full suede was the winner for me too.  I had quite a few pairs of full suede black / white classic colour old skools when they first came out but then it seems it is only the special editions of weird colours now that have the full suede.

I guess the same with the era pro, as the collar padding just gets destroyed if it is not suede.  Sk8 hi and half cabs I find last a good amount of time with the upper, just super glue the stitching first.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #346 on: December 19, 2020, 03:19:30 PM »
Rowley rapidwelds are shit. Imagine is thinner as usual, they lasted me 11 days when a shoe last me at least 30.
Don't get them.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #347 on: December 21, 2020, 06:59:54 PM »
https://youtu.be/nXvtHHhLlIM

Thought this kids review was hilarious
Just starts bomb dropping in his room
Then the music hahaha

no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #348 on: December 21, 2020, 07:15:20 PM »

Then the music hahaha

Finally some honest skateboarding journalism

BoxStuffer

• Rep: 110
« Reply #349 on: December 21, 2020, 08:04:55 PM »
Expand Quote

Then the music hahaha
[close]

Thank you.
This was fucking awesome. 
Enjoy your life.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #350 on: December 21, 2020, 08:09:12 PM »
Watched that entire thing, can’t be said for the majority of YouTube shoe or skate reviews. Had me rolling. “Ow!”

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #351 on: December 22, 2020, 12:19:43 AM »
And the good times roll on!!!

Pretty funny!

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #352 on: December 22, 2020, 04:18:11 AM »
I wish my parents let me caveman in the house when I was a kid.

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #353 on: December 22, 2020, 10:11:55 AM »
Honestly, that kid's review was at least equally informative compared to most skate shoe reviews I've seen on YouTube.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #354 on: December 22, 2020, 10:14:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Then the music hahaha
[close]

[close]

Thank you.
This is the intense scientific testing skateboarding needs!
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

stets

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #355 on: December 22, 2020, 10:47:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Then the music hahaha
[close]
[close]

Thank you.
[close]

Can't trust a dude rocking Powell Peralta grip on a Santa Cruz deck though. Sorry kid, of credibility.
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #356 on: December 23, 2020, 05:52:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Then the music hahaha
[close]
[close]

Thank you.
[close]
[close]

Can't trust a dude rocking Powell Peralta grip on a Santa Cruz deck though. Sorry kid, of credibility.
Idk how anybody could watch this for more than 30 secs
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #357 on: December 23, 2020, 11:38:50 AM »
What else you got going on? Had to take a break from pro skater conspiracies and guessing if biebel is on roidz
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #358 on: December 23, 2020, 01:19:37 PM »

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #359 on: December 23, 2020, 04:49:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Damn I want those rowleys. Had xlts when I was a kid. And they ripped so fast. My mom was so bummed.  I want these but I got crocketts coming.
[close]

XLTs, bummin moms since 2001, yo

Those Quasi Crocketts with the navy/green colorway were fucking excellent.

Skating them now. Love the little cowboy Gilbert keychain