Author Topic: new Vans models  (Read 115926 times)

kneebone, franc and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: new Vans models
« Reply #420 on: January 09, 2021, 01:10:59 AM »
PSA: vans Australia website has Ave pro’s for $50, down from $200!

I got 2 pairs (size 11 & 12) to see which one fits better...i have a few skate shoes but the deal was too good to pass up and everyone here has been talking good things about Ave’s.

Don't mind if I do!!!!!

I had been so good and not bought anything even though I get the emails and from Black Friday, all the pro classic range were down to $100 and I had a further 20% off as VIP / email, so Sk8 hi pro were $80 so I added to the cart and sat on lots until the offer ended.

This one however is too much of a deal / curiosity to pass up, so I got what might be the last two size 12 and two size 11 also just to check and see which is better, but I have others I skate with I can always pass them on to.

White with black stripe and that blue inner / clear sole is a bit weird, which is why I never looked at them before, but lets see how they fit.

https://www.vans.com.au/ave-pro-blanc-de-blanc-blk-vna4bt7uy6-wht.html
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 01:45:22 AM by Mbrimson88 »
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

sammyz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 82
« Reply #421 on: January 09, 2021, 02:03:56 AM »
Expand Quote

I got 2 pairs (size 11 & 12) to see which one fits better...i have a few skate shoes but the deal was too good to pass up and everyone here has been talking good things about Ave’s.
[close]

Don't mind if I do!!!!!

I had been so good and not bought anything even though I get the emails and from Black Friday, all the pro classic range were down to $100 and I had a further 20% off as VIP / email, so Sk8 hi pro were $80 so I added to the cart and sat on lots until the offer ended.

This one however is too much of a deal / curiosity to pass up, so I got what might be the last two size 12 and two size 11 also just to check and see which is better, but I have others I skate with I can always pass them on to.

White with black stripe and that blue inner / clear sole is a bit weird, which is why I never looked at them before, but lets see how they fit.

Glad i could share the love!

Also, didn’t realise you were aussie!! Whereabouts in Oz you in?

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #422 on: January 09, 2021, 02:22:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Don't mind if I do!!!!!

[close]

Brisbane, or at least Brisbane born and bred, now still in QLD but an hour south south west.

There are actually quite a few Aussies here I have found.

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #423 on: January 09, 2021, 08:57:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Don't mind if I do!!!!!

[close]

[close]

Brisbane, or at least Brisbane born and bred, now still in QLD but an hour south south west.

Yep I got two pairs as well .. didn't need shoes but yeah couldn't pass on that price

Mrbrimson i see now that's paddo in your avatar   ;D

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #424 on: January 09, 2021, 09:42:59 AM »
I’ve said it already.
Vans authentic pro are fucking terrible. I’ve had them for 6 months, worn them twice and hated every minute of it. I may be walking away from vans indefinitely.

Can’t imagine skating in them.

babywantsbluevelvet

• Rep: 36
« Reply #425 on: January 09, 2021, 11:36:02 AM »
I’ve said it already.
Vans authentic pro are fucking terrible. I’ve had them for 6 months, worn them twice and hated every minute of it. I may be walking away from vans indefinitely.

They just feel so much longer and flatter than the classics. I was recently gifted the wrapped suede authentic pros and they feel closer to the originals. Hoping the new skate authentics finally hit the mark.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #426 on: January 09, 2021, 03:45:48 PM »
Expand Quote
I’ve said it already.

[close]

They just feel so much longer and flatter than the classics. I was recently gifted the wrapped suede authentic pros and they feel closer to the originals. Hoping the new skate authentics finally hit the mark.

They were one of the shoes that were definitely on the upgrade list.

In mine, the heel area got stretched so they didn't want to stay on my feet, so I used some off cut strips from Footprint insoles and stitched them into the top back of the heel, to make them more like Eras and it works a treat.  I couldn't imagine that many other people would go to that extent just to wear some shoes, but they are the all black suede so are more my chiller and going out shoes than anything else.  I definitely like the padded collar of Era, Old Skool, etc.

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #427 on: January 09, 2021, 04:24:44 PM »
These Kyle walkers are getting softer now starting to enjoy them a bit, still can't skate in them yet.
Y'all werent lying my feet are SWEATIN

Picked up the sk8 low in all black for my friend for under 50 they looked really good, should have gotten a pair for myself
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

babywantsbluevelvet

« Reply #428 on: January 09, 2021, 05:20:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I’ve said it already.

[close]

[close]

In mine, the heel area got stretched so they didn't want to stay on my feet, so I used some off cut strips from Footprint insoles and stitched them into the top back of the heel, to make them more like Eras and it works a treat.  I couldn't imagine that many other people would go to that extent just to wear some shoes, but they are the all black suede so are more my chiller and going out shoes than anything else.  I definitely like the padded collar of Era, Old Skool, etc.

Nice, I’ll give that a shot with some old insoles. 

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #429 on: January 09, 2021, 05:24:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I’ve said it already.

[close]

[close]

[close]

Nice, I’ll give that a shot with some old insoles.

That was from when the insoles needed cutting down to fit in the shoes, rather than cutting up old insoles, but anything that is a bit more high density foam or rubber type of material would work.  I keep way too much of everything in the belief that some day I might need to use something, but in this case it worked really well.

I had heard of others cutting up old eras or old skools for the ankle padding part too, but that was a bit harder to sew on.

sammyz

« Reply #430 on: January 11, 2021, 03:51:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Don't mind if I do!!!!!

[close]

[close]

Sweet...im in sydney.

Have you got the Ave’s yet. Got mine in the mail today, just got back from a skate...i dont know if its the new shoe grip etc...but these shoes feel great, im able to stick a lot more of my tricks than with other shoes.

The only issue with is I cant wear my lace-up ankle braces. These shoes are really low cut and my feet feel like they will pop out of the heel with ankle braces, so will have to work something out with that i guess.

But my verdict...Ave’s are great shoes.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #431 on: January 11, 2021, 04:40:27 AM »
Sweet...im in sydney.

Have you got the Ave’s yet. Got mine in the mail today, just got back from a skate...i dont know if its the new shoe grip etc...but these shoes feel great, im able to stick a lot more of my tricks than with other shoes.

The only issue with is I cant wear my lace-up ankle braces. These shoes are really low cut and my feet feel like they will pop out of the heel with ankle braces, so will have to work something out with that i guess.

But my verdict...Ave’s are great shoes.

Supposed to be here tomorrow, so super quick on the shipping from Melbourne it seems, or at least that is one part of the order, so I am not sure if that is going to be all of it or just some of it or what.

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #432 on: January 12, 2021, 08:42:32 AM »
I got my order from vans Tuesday these Aves are really nice definitely glad I got two pairs

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #433 on: January 12, 2021, 03:40:23 PM »
Skate classics half cab

The shiny texture in the midsole is to reduce dirt. These are obviously black like the other skate classics models to release. But it’s the same as used on Rowan’s but there was feedback to those attracting too much dirt. So the shiny texture reduces that

Note the foxing reduced a few mm to match closer to the normal classics

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ9cVUOnwxU/?igshid=1h3hos0hs93gs

babywantsbluevelvet

« Reply #434 on: January 13, 2021, 11:09:01 AM »
Got the new Skate Sk8 Hi yesterday. It’s early and I haven’t skated in them yet, but they feel very solid. The canvas pieces have been replaced with something I can’t quite figure out, but it feels extremely durable—almost like a waxed jacket. The insole seems to be of the same Popcush compound, but feels sturdier from a structural standpoint. They sit a bit lower and flatter (the sides don’t come up as much) and the bottom has its own little waffle print thing going. As for the fit, new Vans always feel a little big at first and then fit like a glove once they bend to my feet. These are in line with my past experiences with classic Sk8 His—ever so slightly roomier in the toes. I will say that the heel feels much more secure.

I’ve tried to attach pictures, so hopefully they work. The new insole is on the left.

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 566
« Reply #435 on: January 13, 2021, 12:56:52 PM »
https://hypebeast.com/2021/1/vans-authentic-slip-black-burgundy-release-info?amp=1

I know it’s a slip on / authentic mash up but anyone else think this is a complete rip off of Dylan’s slip on?

drinny

• Rep: 22
« Reply #436 on: January 13, 2021, 03:17:45 PM »
Skate classics half cab

The shiny texture in the midsole is to reduce dirt. These are obviously black like the other skate classics models to release. But it’s the same as used on Rowan’s but there was feedback to those attracting too much dirt. So the shiny texture reduces that

Note the foxing reduced a few mm to match closer to the normal classics

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ9cVUOnwxU/?igshid=1h3hos0hs93gs

Loved half cabs once... absolute best pair of I ever had were the Classics VANS HALF CAB 33 DX 'ANAHEIM FACTORY' - extra high and shiny foxing, heavier suede than normal, OG toe cap shape and a flat ultracush sheet (I put an insole on top in these as there’s room in the cut for me otherwise) Honestly even after nearly holing the kickflip toe rubber they had a bit of structure still.

The Croc ‘92 pros I got after this were beyond disappointing, like rubber slipper socks, little round balls on your heel (to tweak you anytime) and pretty much no “mid” support at all - swore off Vans/Vulcs for good after this except for pissing around in for 5 mins tops feeling all styley.

Sounds like they’re trying... but too much of a crapshoot for me now. Old man whining.

I daren’t try the AVEs or Crockett hi’s as no doubt with short runs/small feet syndrome I’ll never be able to replace a pair I found just right....

nevrwasben

« Reply #437 on: January 13, 2021, 03:21:44 PM »
https://hypebeast.com/2021/1/vans-authentic-slip-black-burgundy-release-info?amp=1

I know it’s a slip on / authentic mash up but anyone else think this is a complete rip off of Dylan’s slip on?
All they did was remove eyelets man, I wear some of my authentics without laces for the beach; no new design so not really  a rip-off

stets

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #438 on: January 13, 2021, 03:48:20 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ_q5-SDmYm/

"The all new @vansskate Skate Sport Pro, a new take on a classic style skate shoe."
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #439 on: January 13, 2021, 04:47:01 PM »

Definitely looks that way, but so many shoes with laces taken out will have that same sort of look, as already pointed out, but none every look that smooth and suave, do they?

New Berle pro shoe? *

* Sorry I couldn't help myself.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #440 on: January 13, 2021, 09:02:49 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Definitely looks that way, but so many shoes with laces taken out will have that same sort of look, as already pointed out, but none every look that smooth and suave, do they?

New Berle pro shoe? *

I'd cop the black pair.

Crabby_Bastard

• Rep: 51
« Reply #441 on: January 13, 2021, 10:11:28 PM »

"The all new @vansskate Skate Sport Pro, a new take on a classic style skate shoe."

I generally think most Vans shoes are garbage. Poor construction and terrible fit. I got some of these new Skate Sport Pros today. Much better construction/materials and very comfortable right out of the box. I am pretty stoked on this shoe.

The only thing I am not very stoked on is the single stitching on the toe. Oh, and most Vans shoes have an incredibly strong chemical smell when new. These take the chemical smell to new levels of instant headache when opening the box.
How much for an order of ribs?

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #442 on: January 14, 2021, 04:50:17 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I generally think most Vans shoes are garbage. Poor construction and terrible fit. I got some of these new Skate Sport Pros today. Much better construction/materials and very comfortable right out of the box. I am pretty stoked on this shoe.

The only thing I am not very stoked on is the single stitching on the toe. Oh, and most Vans shoes have an incredibly strong chemical smell when new. These take the chemical smell to new levels of instant headache when opening the box.

I was looking at the sole and sidewall areas before, just wondering how different they would be, but I think that is a good review right there.

Note to self:  Remember to open outside or in a well ventilated area though!

Speaking of ventilation, I usually take a tiny tube of superglue to the stitches in areas like that, just a very fine line over them so they are covered but don't look like a big old mess, so I am thinking that would be the best thing to do with that single front stitched area.

ClayH

• Rep: 21
« Reply #443 on: January 14, 2021, 04:35:19 PM »

These look really nice. Could be a new blazer alternative? I love blazers but it’s hard to bring myself to buy a pair when I could go the vans outlet down the road and get two pairs for the price of one pair of blazers. Definitely gonna give these a shot.

sammyz

« Reply #444 on: January 14, 2021, 06:11:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

New Berle pro shoe? *

[close]

I'd cop the black pair.

definitely Dylan inspired...but at least they look better without the pointy toe cap...thats the thing that annoys me about the Dylans

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 555
« Reply #445 on: January 14, 2021, 08:06:24 PM »

Dylan's sister not feelin em

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
« Reply #446 on: January 14, 2021, 08:24:58 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Good luck with that

Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

nevrwasben

« Reply #447 on: January 14, 2021, 08:58:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Good luck with that

Not only that 👆, but I’m pretty sure the shoe company Frye was putting out a more similar version that was most likely where the gravis shoe was inspired from than the Vans version. Sorry to say, but his sister is trippin...

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
« Reply #448 on: January 14, 2021, 09:16:07 PM »
Dylan also wore authentics alot, before and after Gravis fell apart. I'm not knocking her for defending her brother, but doing some basic Google searches shows how foolish she is making herself out to be.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #449 on: January 14, 2021, 10:39:08 PM »
There are so many comments on the post, so not going to get into it, but have a laugh / look anyway if you are curious.

I wonder how many of them are actually old enough to know much, besides just saying "Dylan / Huf" blah blah blah.

They look clean and stylish, but I am more stoked on something I can do the laces up and have the shoe stay on my feet, but I am old and boring too, I guess.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKB4BKDLvhy/