Author Topic: new Vans models  (Read 116053 times)

Dmng, liahoop9595 and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: new Vans models
« Reply #510 on: April 05, 2021, 05:43:36 AM »
I’ve had two pairs of authentic pros that have a super stiff square heel counter. Does anyone know if the new skate authentics are the same? Thanks in advance!
check out my review on the previous page.  If anything, the heel in the new Skate Authentics is even stiffer.

FROTHY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #511 on: April 05, 2021, 07:03:25 AM »
I have the skate half cabs. I said in another thread that I was returning them, but I decided to keep them for educational purposes. Issues with them are:

Stiff collar. This will probably work out, but the og half cabs had a buttery soft collar, like a mink scarf around your ankle, so this is a let down. Generally, these are just uncomfortable.

Slick outsole. It's shiny, so it looks slick... It feels a little slick to the touch... But certainly vans wouldn't make an outsole that wasn't extremely grippy, would they? Lo and behold, I did a few kickflips, first try, in these right out of the box. This never happens with vans. They are usually too grippy for my fliptricks to work right away. Not sure how this is going to play out, but the grip on the outsole has been noticeably reduced in my experience.

This probably isn't an issue specific to the "skate" line, but more of a manufacturing snafu, but the toe-box in one of my half cabs is lower than the other. I feel pressure on the top of my foot where the toebox meets the tongue.

So, in summary, Vans produced half cabs that aren't very comfortable or very grippy.

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
  • Fuck the revoltion. Bring on the apocalypse.
    • ThePastParticple avatar image
« Reply #512 on: April 05, 2021, 08:10:29 PM »
Expand Quote
I skated in the Old-School "pros" and the Sk8-HIs "pros." I got a pair of the new SK8-HIs about two weeks ago. Normally when I get a new pair of shoes, I wear them for about two weeks before I even step on a board with them--I hate the "new" shoe feel on a board. So, I have not even skated in these yet. That said, here is my initial reactions to them. So far, most of it is negative.

(1) They are hot. Much hotter than the Pros.

(2)  The tongue does not move, at all, because of the internal tongue straps. This is good, because I hated how the tongue would always slip around on the older versions. This also makes them much harder to put on/take off.

(3) I still have some pressure points around the little toe on one shoe. This never happened before with the Pros.

(4) Two weeks in and they still feel quite stiff, as in, not broken-in at all. Around two weeks is when I would normally start considering skating in the Pros. These do not feel like they are anywhere near "ready" yet. What that means long term remains to be seen. Further on this point, Vans always felt "comfy" to me, almost out of the box. These have not yet reached that state. When I got home from work last night I was dying to take them off. That never happened before with the Pros. I'll follow-up more as time goes on.

Anyone else had more in-depth experience with these yet?
[close]

Follow-up from my own previous post. Despite my new Sk8-HIs not feeling "ready" yet, I took them for a quick session today. I realized after about 10 min of skating that while they are not "broken in" yet, that these were never going to feel "ready" in the same sense the Pros did, simply because the Skate version is stiffer. I made some peace with that, and just went on skating. There were three distinct things I noticed.

First, board feel is NOT the same. Pros def have the advantage on this. It's not like wearing cupsoles or anything, but it's not the board feel I loved about Vans.

Second, pop was much more crisp. This was a really interesting one, that took me a bit to figure out what I thought was going on here. But when I did, it made perfect sense. So, Pros are more flexible than the Skate line, which is stiffer. So, imagine running in sand, or trying to ollie on grass. Think about how much power/energy gets lost when you push-off/ollie, because the energy gets dissipated into the sand/grass. Now think about running/ollieing on hard concrete. You get a much more explosive run/ollie, because not as much energy is lost. To me, it seemed like this analogy was like Pros vs. Skate line. With the Skate line being stiffer, it felt like more direct power was transferred into my ollies/noilles, and as a result, the pop was much more crisp and responsive. The trade off, of course, is board feel. I'm really curious to see if anyone else noticed this "crisp pop" phenomena, or if it was just in my head.

Third, the comfy factory (mentioned in previous post) still isn't there. I skated for about 30 min, and afterwards I was really like, "Damn. I want to take these things OFF!"

And today was my first mini ramp session in these. Here is what stood out:

(1) Board Feel was bad. I skate with Kingfoam Elite insoles. I feel like these give you even more board feel than the stock Vans insoles (maybe that's just me). Even with these in the Sk8-HIs, I almost felt like I was wearing cupsoles. After skating for a while, I started to adjust a bit, but it really just felt like I had cement shoes on.

(2) STIFF. For some reason I noticed this more on transition than street. They just felt really, really stiff.

(3) Sticky. Maybe the soles still need some breaking in, but my feet feel way more "stuck" to the board when adjusting feet in the flat bottom for next wall. This got kind of dicey with some of those micro-adjustments you have to make mid-trick/on the lip sometimes.

(4) Pressure points in toe box got real bad during run-outs. Bailing/running out of a trick on tranny really jams your foot into the toe of the shoe. The pressure points mentioned above started to get really sore after skating awhile because of this. Eventually I started knee-sliding (I wear knee pads on mini ramps) on bails that I would otherwise would have run-out of to avoid the pain of the run-outs.

(5) Get these off my feet! Again, when session was over, I wanted nothing more than to just take these shoes off.

None of this has ever happened to me with the Pros.

I was not too happy. Maybe I'll have to switch to the "regular" Vans, and that is a horrifying thought.   
IG: ThePastParticiple

DLX 8.25  |  144 Forged  |  53mm Classic  |  Super Swiss 6

"Everything has been figured out, except how to live." -Sartre

FS_Overcrook

• Rep: 10
« Reply #513 on: April 05, 2021, 08:42:24 PM »
The new Skate Classics have the same SickStick sole as the Rowan Pro. Probably why most of y’all are acknowledging them being a bit gripper than normal. Most of the locals in my area that bought them have given positive feedback on the new construction.

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #514 on: April 09, 2021, 08:49:09 AM »
Their classic look its timeless and nice but my feet hurt just by walking on them
I still buy a pair from time to time, even years in between, in the hopes they change or feel different for me but its always the same deal; maybe its the flat sole or the absence of real cushioning, dunno

franc

• Rep: 96
« Reply #515 on: April 22, 2021, 11:49:39 PM »

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #516 on: April 23, 2021, 10:28:30 AM »
Honestly fuck these changes. Just got two pairs of Last Resorts and I am hooked.
ok thanks

GMAN

• Rep: 12
« Reply #517 on: April 23, 2021, 10:31:42 AM »
They are good. If they hurt your feet get a bigger size.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #518 on: April 23, 2021, 10:35:45 AM »
I want to try to the new Vans, but I'm stuck between Old Skools and Sk8 Lows.

Want to know what people think on each of those pairs.

It's been ages since I've skated Sk8-his, but I do remember liking the wider toe box, so I'm curious if the lows feel the same.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #519 on: April 24, 2021, 04:13:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I skated in the Old-School "pros" and the Sk8-HIs "pros." I got a pair of the new SK8-HIs about two weeks ago. Normally when I get a new pair of shoes, I wear them for about two weeks before I even step on a board with them--I hate the "new" shoe feel on a board. So, I have not even skated in these yet. That said, here is my initial reactions to them. So far, most of it is negative.

(2)  The tongue does not move, at all, because of the internal tongue straps. This is good, because I hated how the tongue would always slip around on the older versions. This also makes them much harder to put on/take off.

(3) I still have some pressure points around the little toe on one shoe. This never happened before with the Pros.

(4) Two weeks in and they still feel quite stiff, as in, not broken-in at all. Around two weeks is when I would normally start considering skating in the Pros. These do not feel like they are anywhere near "ready" yet. What that means long term remains to be seen. Further on this point, Vans always felt "comfy" to me, almost out of the box. These have not yet reached that state. When I got home from work last night I was dying to take them off. That never happened before with the Pros. I'll follow-up more as time goes on.

[close]

Follow-up from my own previous post. Despite my new Sk8-HIs not feeling "ready" yet, I took them for a quick session today. I realized after about 10 min of skating that while they are not "broken in" yet, that these were never going to feel "ready" in the same sense the Pros did, simply because the Skate version is stiffer. I made some peace with that, and just went on skating. There were three distinct things I noticed.

First, board feel is NOT the same. Pros def have the advantage on this. It's not like wearing cupsoles or anything, but it's not the board feel I loved about Vans.

Second, pop was much more crisp. This was a really interesting one, that took me a bit to figure out what I thought was going on here. But when I did, it made perfect sense. So, Pros are more flexible than the Skate line, which is stiffer. So, imagine running in sand, or trying to ollie on grass. Think about how much power/energy gets lost when you push-off/ollie, because the energy gets dissipated into the sand/grass. Now think about running/ollieing on hard concrete. You get a much more explosive run/ollie, because not as much energy is lost. To me, it seemed like this analogy was like Pros vs. Skate line. With the Skate line being stiffer, it felt like more direct power was transferred into my ollies/noilles, and as a result, the pop was much more crisp and responsive. The trade off, of course, is board feel. I'm really curious to see if anyone else noticed this "crisp pop" phenomena, or if it was just in my head.

Third, the comfy factory (mentioned in previous post) still isn't there. I skated for about 30 min, and afterwards I was really like, "Damn. I want to take these things OFF!"
[close]

(1) Board Feel was bad. I skate with Kingfoam Elite insoles. I feel like these give you even more board feel than the stock Vans insoles (maybe that's just me). Even with these in the Sk8-HIs, I almost felt like I was wearing cupsoles. After skating for a while, I started to adjust a bit, but it really just felt like I had cement shoes on.

(2) STIFF. For some reason I noticed this more on transition than street. They just felt really, really stiff.

(3) Sticky. Maybe the soles still need some breaking in, but my feet feel way more "stuck" to the board when adjusting feet in the flat bottom for next wall. This got kind of dicey with some of those micro-adjustments you have to make mid-trick/on the lip sometimes.

(4) Pressure points in toe box got real bad during run-outs. Bailing/running out of a trick on tranny really jams your foot into the toe of the shoe. The pressure points mentioned above started to get really sore after skating awhile because of this. Eventually I started knee-sliding (I wear knee pads on mini ramps) on bails that I would otherwise would have run-out of to avoid the pain of the run-outs.

(5) Get these off my feet! Again, when session was over, I wanted nothing more than to just take these shoes off.

I was not too happy. Maybe I'll have to switch to the "regular" Vans, and that is a horrifying thought.

I have always been about 11.5 in shoe size but in Australia we don't get half sizes (even though I have had lots from ordering from US going back a number of years) so nowdays I stretch out 11 in a tight fit or just wear 12 and have them a bit on the loose side.

The thing for me going between the different types for a bit and then back to the other one is this, all size 12 so already a bit big but easier to wear all day every day:

Coming from Pro, the Skate feels stiff and super solid, not so much in a bad way, but it takes a bit to get used to and then I think my feet feel better at the end of the day skating, even if the shoes are a bit big for my feet in the size I bought.  Yes they are definitely more grippy, but once I am used to it, it makes it better to keep my feet in the right place and I got used to being able to move my feet on the board after a while.  Not so coarse grip is easier with these shoes too - I skate Jessup untouched and it works well for me.

Going back to the Pro, they feel so soft, flimsy and thin that it takes a bit to get used to the lack of support and having almost nothing on my feet, but once I have a session or two, I definitely am back where I am used to skating softer and thinner shoes when they are still new, but the 12 feel so big a floppy once they are broken in.  Grip is a little less, but again I got used to it fairly easily, as well as it being better on newer grip so not too sticky.

From well before pro and anything else like this, I would strip out the classics and put in aftermarket insoles and I still feel like although this is a process in itself (sometimes a real pain if the insole is really glued down hard, but others it almost comes right out in one piece so easily), this is almost the best option for me for what is most comfortable.

The Skate range are actually closer to the Classic than the Pro in terms of how stiff the shoe is, and both Skate and Classic last longer in the sole than the Pro range ever did.

Between size and style these shoes are going to feel very easy to wear / skate (size 12) or very tight and often painful, but that is just me in 11 for the most part.

I wonder if trying a half size up with thicker socks (which is what I do) works well enough / better...

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #520 on: April 24, 2021, 06:21:03 AM »
In terms of their design, are the new skate classics similar to the Rowans? These feel stiffer and more form fitting than some other Vans but I like that about them.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #521 on: April 24, 2021, 06:24:22 AM »
might try a classic when i can get to the local again. i always preferred skating classic vans with third party insoles to pro vans. brimson saying the skates feel more like those gives me some hope. also i like it when the sole has rigid parts in the right places. really helps me to not pretzl my feet in my shoes and just stand relaxed.

nevrwasben

« Reply #522 on: April 24, 2021, 08:33:33 AM »
I want to try to the new Vans, but I'm stuck between Old Skools and Sk8 Lows.

Want to know what people think on each of those pairs.

It's been ages since I've skated Sk8-his, but I do remember liking the wider toe box, so I'm curious if the lows feel the same.
Sk8 lows are one of, if not my all time favorite shoe.
Would highly recommend.

*Edit-I don’t skate Sk8 His, but the Sk8 lows do have wider toe box. Hope this helps.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #523 on: April 24, 2021, 02:50:38 PM »
In terms of their design, are the new skate classics similar to the Rowans? These feel stiffer and more form fitting than some other Vans but I like that about them.

Yes the Rowan was almost like a first test of the new shoe options, which is pretty much the new ones, only the new ones have a few more features, like the solid part in the heel / sole area.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -116
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #524 on: April 25, 2021, 10:38:48 AM »
Besides the Checker Vans Tag, the shoes are perfect. Didn’t think that I’d buy into it but here I am.

These & regular classics. Done

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #525 on: April 25, 2021, 12:37:28 PM »
Their classic look its timeless and nice but my feet hurt just by walking on them
I still buy a pair from time to time, even years in between, in the hopes they change or feel different for me but its always the same deal; maybe its the flat sole or the absence of real cushioning, dunno

I gave away my new authentics when I left New York yesterday and drove home 4 hrs barefoot. I could barely walk after a rough day of toe torture.

I didn't bring two shoes like a fool because I wanted to be fresh and clean for filming And I thought the authentics would be exactly the same as my new chukkas which are perfect.
I was dead wrong and I filmed zero frickin skating

I believe my problem is the high wrap foxing not the insoles.

And I've had the same problem with other high wrap shoes.

The GT green and gum being the worst of the toe crushers.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #526 on: April 25, 2021, 01:28:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

ALL OF THIS
But with skate old skools.
Maybe if we walk them for months they'll be ok but nobody got time for that.
Also 100% agree with the higher foxing tape and way too sticky sole. I ate shit on a wallride last Saturday that almost got me into hospital because of that.
Good thing I had some slip on pros on ice.
To me Vans committed suicide
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Crabby_Bastard

• Rep: 51
« Reply #527 on: April 25, 2021, 02:42:44 PM »
I thought the Vans Pro shoes were hot garbage. All the Vans pro loyalists on here complaining about the shoes got me interested. I got some Skate Half Cabs. Looking forward to skating them in a week or two when my current shoes are done. A stiff, supportive vulc shoe with good grip sounds great to me. They are a little snug on the top of my foot where the tongue attaches. Other than that, they feel great.
How much for an order of ribs?

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #528 on: May 07, 2021, 08:17:05 PM »
Most of the people I know who have the new Vans Skate shoes love them, the upgrade being a welcome change with the shoe being stronger and lasting longer than other versions.

Interesting to hear / see thoughts, but I guess coming from how soft and thin the average Vans Pro shoe was, it is definitely a significant change.

trash

• Rep: 11
« Reply #529 on: June 07, 2021, 03:10:18 PM »
Does anyone know the closest shoe I can get to the first Kyle Walker Pro? I regrettably did not stock up when I had the chance and now they're harder to come by.

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #530 on: June 07, 2021, 03:35:00 PM »
Does anyone know the closest shoe I can get to the first Kyle Walker Pro? I regrettably did not stock up when I had the chance and now they're harder to come by.

The Crockett Pro and Crockett Hi are on the same outsole, so they're probably pretty similar.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1276
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #531 on: June 07, 2021, 03:42:50 PM »
I don't think there's anything in the Vans lineup that's too close. You could try the Crocketts which are a similar sole but closer to an Old Skool with padding and feel. My take on the KWalks is that they feel like a Vans version of a Reynolds so maybe something like the Spanky or the Gamma.

To be honest, I don't think the KWalk is getting phased out. To me, it looks like the KWalk2 is getting discounted and the releases of the first shoe have stayed consistent. The two black and white colorways have been out since last year and it gets a new unique colorway per season. I've seen the antique/rose colorway at the outlet recently and saw one colorway on Zappos. It's an older shoe so it's definitely time to start thinking about stocking up but I don't think it's there yet.

https://www.zappos.com/p/vans-kyle-walker-pro-gold-black/product/8712483/color/17892

Also if you happen to be a size 10US I have an unworn pair that I'd love to get rid of. It's the drizzle colorway.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

TheCrimsonShroud

• Rep: 98
« Reply #532 on: June 07, 2021, 03:54:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I gave away my new authentics when I left New York yesterday and drove home 4 hrs barefoot. I could barely walk after a rough day of toe torture.

I didn't bring two shoes like a fool because I wanted to be fresh and clean for filming And I thought the authentics would be exactly the same as my new chukkas which are perfect.
I was dead wrong and I filmed zero frickin skating

I believe my problem is the high wrap foxing not the insoles.

And I've had the same problem with other high wrap shoes.

The GT green and gum being the worst of the toe crushers.

I have a pair of the old Authentic Pros I’ve been chilling in for a YEAR trying to break in. Nada. Still hurt to skate.

ClayH

• Rep: 21
« Reply #533 on: June 07, 2021, 04:23:48 PM »
I just started skating a pair of the new Skate Sports and I’m digging the hell out of them so far. The shape is very blazer-like and fits my narrow foot really well. It’s stiff, but not in a bad way. It just feels like it’s gonna hold its shape for a while.

Coming off of the Rowans I was skating before this, sickstick or whatever the new outsole is is really a game changer. It wears super slow but it’s crazy grippy. Looks basically untouched after two heavy sessions. Haven’t even made a mark on the suede.

As a lace ripper, bottom laces holding up pretty good with a dab of super glue, but the top eyelet is gonna have to be left unlaced for me. Even laced down, they still hold my heel great.

Only gripe is I’m not sold on popcush. It just feels kind of hard and I don’t like the way it feels on the bottom of my foot. Maybe something about the material on top of it? Not sure. To be fair, I wasn’t really sold on the old insoles either though.

I’m digging them overall. As time goes on, if I can find last season’s colorways in the outlet half off like I could with the old skate pros, this will probably become my go-to shoe.

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #534 on: June 07, 2021, 04:32:38 PM »
I just started skating a pair of the new Skate Sports and I’m digging the hell out of them so far. The shape is very blazer-like and fits my narrow foot really well. It’s stiff, but not in a bad way. It just feels like it’s gonna hold its shape for a while.

Coming off of the Rowans I was skating before this, sickstick or whatever the new outsole is is really a game changer. It wears super slow but it’s crazy grippy. Looks basically untouched after two heavy sessions. Haven’t even made a mark on the suede.

As a lace ripper, bottom laces holding up pretty good with a dab of super glue, but the top eyelet is gonna have to be left unlaced for me. Even laced down, they still hold my heel great.

Only gripe is I’m not sold on popcush. It just feels kind of hard and I don’t like the way it feels on the bottom of my foot. Maybe something about the material on top of it? Not sure. To be fair, I wasn’t really sold on the old insoles either though.

I’m digging them overall. As time goes on, if I can find last season’s colorways in the outlet half off like I could with the old skate pros, this will probably become my go-to shoe.

How do you think someone with a borderline wide foot would fare? I was looking at some on 6pm. For reference, I have some SB Blazer Mids that fit fairly well, but they (as do a lot of shoes) pinch my left pinky toe to numbness if I skate for more than a half hour.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #535 on: June 07, 2021, 06:02:51 PM »

How do you think someone with a borderline wide foot would fare? I was looking at some on 6pm. For reference, I have some SB Blazer Mids that fit fairly well, but they (as do a lot of shoes) pinch my left pinky toe to numbness if I skate for more than a half hour.

Might be more trouble than it is worth, but for shoes that were too tight across, a shoe stretcher did wonders for me.  Even something more simple like a piece of wood cut and slightly rounded to push the shoe out in the area you have issues has worked before too.  Just a thought anyway.  I modified my shoe stretchers with cardboard and tape to really push out the areas I needed stretched, which takes a bit more work, but had the best result.

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #536 on: June 07, 2021, 07:00:23 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Might be more trouble than it is worth, but for shoes that were too tight across, a shoe stretcher did wonders for me.  Even something more simple like a piece of wood cut and slightly rounded to push the shoe out in the area you have issues has worked before too.  Just a thought anyway.  I modified my shoe stretchers with cardboard and tape to really push out the areas I needed stretched, which takes a bit more work, but had the best result.
That’s definitely an idea. I’d considered it before but I’m also somewhat lazy, if I’m honest. I wonder if the baby foxing on certain Vans models would even stretch.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #537 on: June 07, 2021, 07:14:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
That’s definitely an idea. I’d considered it before but I’m also somewhat lazy, if I’m honest. I wonder if the baby foxing on certain Vans models would even stretch.

Yeah I know and it took me way too long to get the idea in my head and go with it, but it paid off.

Overall the suede stretches the most, but this also translates to the shoe not feeling quite as tight for me in general too.

That is without doing anything really crazy like oven / microwave / heating it up so it will stretch more, etc.

The best thing with shoe stretchers is they are good to go and can be used indefinitely after you work out how to adjust them / modify them to exactly what you need, as well as being fairly cheap on ebay or other online platform.

I can wear / skate the new shoes for a bit to get them nice and warm / not quite sweaty, then  put the shoe stretchers straight in and leave them overnight, so it will push out the shoe in the right places.  Repeat a few times and the shoes are so totally different in terms of fit - no unhappy wear in period, so pretty much perfect after a couple of days of minimal wear and stretching.

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #538 on: June 07, 2021, 08:03:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

Yeah I know and it took me way too long to get the idea in my head and go with it, but it paid off.

Overall the suede stretches the most, but this also translates to the shoe not feeling quite as tight for me in general too.

That is without doing anything really crazy like oven / microwave / heating it up so it will stretch more, etc.

The best thing with shoe stretchers is they are good to go and can be used indefinitely after you work out how to adjust them / modify them to exactly what you need, as well as being fairly cheap on ebay or other online platform.

I can wear / skate the new shoes for a bit to get them nice and warm / not quite sweaty, then  put the shoe stretchers straight in and leave them overnight, so it will push out the shoe in the right places.  Repeat a few times and the shoes are so totally different in terms of fit - no unhappy wear in period, so pretty much perfect after a couple of days of minimal wear and stretching.

It’s funny you say that because I almost mentioned that I prefer suede shoes to canvas by far, and it’s because after awhile they almost mold to my feet.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #539 on: June 07, 2021, 10:44:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

It’s funny you say that because I almost mentioned that I prefer suede shoes to canvas by far, and it’s because after awhile they almost mold to my feet.

It goes both ways though, as I know some people don't like full suede shoes as they go from tight / snug when new to blown out and almost too loose when worn in, whereas canvas never stretches at all.  I guess that is why I always liked classic Half Cabs as they did stretch out a lot (and I would put pro insoles in anyway) so they felt better than the pro versions, which mostly became so loose and soft after a few skates they were good as "slip on" chillers from then on.

As much as the Old Skool and Era had both suede and canvas, they never really stretched too much, but having only canvas around the top ankle area in most of them, they blew out from ollies more easily if they were not fixed with glue or shoe goo.