Author Topic: new Vans models  (Read 115859 times)

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1443
Re: new Vans models
« Reply #630 on: September 27, 2021, 09:32:04 AM »
Anyone skate the revamped Rowley pros? I've wanted a pair but i generally buy all my vans second hand and a lot of people around here didn't get them. I normally skate the  rowans or half cabs or slip on pros because of my big wide feet.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #631 on: September 27, 2021, 09:36:03 AM »
Anyone skate the revamped Rowley pros? I've wanted a pair but i generally buy all my vans second hand and a lot of people around here didn't get them. I normally skate the  rowans or half cabs or slip on pros because of my big wide feet.

they are amazing. similar fit to the Rowans, except more comfortable and a little less stiff.  the pair I recently had were the navy ones and had the rapi-weld tech...not the more current all leather ones.  also, they had a thinner insole... not the super bulky Pop Cush ones, but were still comfy/cushioned enough. 

i cant find em for sale anywhere anymore. so, this post may be completely useless for your purposes. 
hardly art, hardly starving

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #632 on: September 27, 2021, 09:41:00 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

they are amazing. similar fit to the Rowans, except more comfortable and a little less stiff.  the pair I recently had were the navy ones and had the rapi-weld tech...not the more current all leather ones.  also, they had a thinner insole... not the super bulky Pop Cush ones, but were still comfy/cushioned enough. 

i cant find em for sale anywhere anymore. so, this post may be completely useless for your purposes. 

Thanks homie, i found someone on offer up that might still sell them to me, i might give it a try

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
« Reply #633 on: September 27, 2021, 03:24:10 PM »
I just got a pair of NOS Authentic Pros from one of the reseller sites and damn I can't believe how much more comfortable these are compared to the Skate version.  I haven't had a chance to try any of the other Pro vs Skate models, but Vans fucked up on the Skate Authentics.

Edit: I will say, my foot sits higher in the Pro shoe than I remember, so the heel collar feels very low and therefore  less support overall, but who's buying Authentics for their ankle support?!

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #634 on: September 27, 2021, 04:12:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Thanks homie, i found someone on offer up that might still sell them to me, i might give it a try

damn if you'e a size 10 i just listed a pair of these on poshmark.
good come sausage

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #635 on: September 27, 2021, 06:10:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

damn if you'e a size 10 i just listed a pair of these on poshmark.

Sadly I'm am 11. I got big ass baguette feet

truthislie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #636 on: September 28, 2021, 04:48:29 AM »
I been skating those skate Half-Cabs for a while now. It wasn't the easiest switch from Sk8-Highs and Old Skools I skated for years before, as the Half-Cabs didn't really have the same board feel, especially the midsole part felt really stiff before the shoes were worn in, and that took few weeks. But after that, they've been great.

But I've been wanting to get brown half-cabs for a long time (because you know, Stranger , so I was stoked on the Reynolds Half-Cabs 92's.

Wasn't supposed to buy any shoes today, but the local shop had the Reynolds in my size, I put them on and holy shit they felt good right away.

The 92's have a bit different stitching on the top cap compared to the modern Half-Cab, which probably is bad news if your flips/ollies use that part of the shoe, but it really changes how the shoes feel for some reason. Definitely looking forward to skate these.

The "Skate" Old Schools use different material on the heel tap (some kind of faux leather instead of canvas) and fuck it will kill your achilles immediately. Almost got blisters just from walking hundred meters to get some groceries and my friends have had the exact same experience.

Just got the Reynolds one in the mail and tried it on. Last pair of half cabs I ve had were the green Ray Barbee edition which I gave up skating even though they still had quite some life in it, but they simply bagged out and felt like soft potatoes. The Reynolds one feels ten times sturdier in a good way, like an entire different shoe. They kind of remind me of the US made Vans quality wise (But I was just started skating when those were still around so I could as well be tripping there).

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #637 on: October 01, 2021, 05:18:05 PM »
Has anyone tried the sk8 sk8 his
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

Crabby_Bastard

• Rep: 51
« Reply #638 on: October 01, 2021, 10:56:13 PM »
Yep. Comfortable, great grip, flick takes a session or two to break in.
How much for an order of ribs?

DillsDarts

• Rep: -19
« Reply #639 on: October 02, 2021, 05:31:34 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CT7_tRPFzCh/

see these on 561 the other day... is this going to be a new silhouette?? I copped a pair of the dime skate mid skools and refuse to skate them, BUT THEY LOOK PERFECT. If its the same silhouette, Id be stoked to skate em, nice toe box (bordering on the wider side) , tons of padding around ankles & stitching looks pretty promising.... Vans' take on the Blazer lol
'Offensive career gets one do over, last attitude gets two tries. Cariuma riders have a bigger margin for error but will ultimately be decided by the referee'.
[/quote]

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #640 on: October 02, 2021, 11:12:50 PM »

see these on 561 the other day... is this going to be a new silhouette?? I copped a pair of the dime skate mid skools and refuse to skate them, BUT THEY LOOK PERFECT. If its the same silhouette, Id be stoked to skate em, nice toe box (bordering on the wider side) , tons of padding around ankles & stitching looks pretty promising.... Vans' take on the Blazer lol

I’m digging these, throwing off some TNT SG vibes…but their take on blazers no doubt.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #641 on: October 13, 2021, 11:51:16 AM »
Anyone skate the mid old schools yet?

I have a pair of the newest rowleys, the all leather jawns.  They’re pretty good.  I’m not a leather-shoe guy but they skate fine and are pretty well-made.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

stets

• Rep: 106
« Reply #642 on: October 13, 2021, 12:09:25 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I’m digging these, throwing off some TNT SG vibes…but their take on blazers no doubt.

Not quite sure when the Blazer came out originally... but the Mid Skool was one of the first few designed-for-skateboarding shoes Vans did in I wanna say 1977? Same year the Old Skool came out. Shown in this old ad by it's original name, Style 37 High Top
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1118
« Reply #643 on: October 13, 2021, 06:30:22 PM »

I happened upon a preproduction salesman sample pair at a thrift store, before they were officially out, so who knows if something changed. So with that acknowledged, I absolutely loved them. They were probably the longest lasting skate shoes I've had in a decade or more. They skated great - great flip, good insoles, never tore a lace. Two-thumbs up!
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #644 on: October 13, 2021, 07:53:52 PM »
Have literally never skated a pair of vans ever, but how are the wayvees? I usually skate jordan 1 lows, dunks, or new balance cupsoles (440s, 913s etc). Are they narrow or wide, do they feel supportive and stable compared to nike and new balance cups?

LebowskisRug

« Reply #645 on: October 13, 2021, 08:23:58 PM »
They're vans so they feel kinda like a marshmallow that has been melted and cooled again.

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #646 on: October 14, 2021, 11:26:14 AM »
Have literally never skated a pair of vans ever, but how are the wayvees? I usually skate jordan 1 lows, dunks, or new balance cupsoles (440s, 913s etc). Are they narrow or wide, do they feel supportive and stable compared to nike and new balance cups?

They're not going to be as supportive as any of those shoes you named (I have skated 913's and Dunks, and owned Jordan 1's as chillers). I find Wafflecup Vans to be very thin in the forefoot, and too floppy in the sole in general. I haven't had Wayvees specifically, but I have had Crockett 1's and 2's and Walker 1's.

With the updated sole on the Skate line (thicker/harder rubber and a shank in the heel), I feel like Wafflecup is kind of redundant now. It was supposed to be the more supportive middle ground between vulcs and cupsoles, but I find them less supportive than their vulcs now.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #647 on: October 14, 2021, 12:14:48 PM »
If anyone wanted to see those Macdonalds fry cook Authentic highs on foot here you go (not my pic)

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #648 on: October 14, 2021, 12:54:21 PM »
can i get uhhhhhhhhhh
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #649 on: October 14, 2021, 02:15:06 PM »
If anyone wanted to see those Macdonalds fry cook Authentic highs on foot here you go (not my pic)

Damn i still want them even though they look goofy

Crabby_Bastard

• Rep: 51
« Reply #650 on: October 16, 2021, 02:03:37 AM »

The Wayvees are more supportive as far as lateral heel movement than the Skate Vulcs but the sole is a little bit thinner.
How much for an order of ribs?

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #651 on: October 16, 2021, 02:17:22 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Same here. Sorry of remind me of desert boots.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #652 on: October 19, 2021, 05:22:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Same here. Sorry of remind me of desert boots.
They look like OG Star Trek boots. I am not entirely sure that's a criticism. There was a time in my life where I woulda fucked with them heavy
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #653 on: October 19, 2021, 07:58:16 PM »
Slightly too late cause I ordered them already but does the skate half cabs run TTS?

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #654 on: October 20, 2021, 05:23:05 AM »
Slightly too late cause I ordered them already but does the skate half cabs run TTS?

Yes.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #655 on: October 20, 2021, 05:55:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yes.

Thank you!

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #656 on: October 20, 2021, 06:34:18 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

With the black and white and checker tag, they give off heavy Ska vibes.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #657 on: October 20, 2021, 09:53:42 AM »
Didn’t like the last vans pro iteration, but the leather red and white half cabs have me intrigued. How do the new skate line compare to Blazer hi? Might grab just as chillers.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #658 on: October 22, 2021, 11:11:51 PM »
classic mid.
I cannot find a thing about this model lol.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #659 on: October 23, 2021, 03:20:31 AM »
Expand Quote
classic mid.
[close]
I cannot find a thing about this model lol.

Maybe the classic Sk8 mid?

I know a lot of shoe names were shortened, some cutting out the wrong word, for a time.

The low, mid and hi referring to the Sk8 low, Sk8 mid and Sk8 hi among others.

There have been so many mid versions of regular shoes that have come and gone so quickly though, like the 112 mid, also the TNT mids of various styles, in particular the II and the V which I still have, as well as some others I boxes I cannot even remember unless I pull them out.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.