Author Topic: new Vans models  (Read 122108 times)

europa1991

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 56
Re: new Vans models
« Reply #660 on: October 26, 2021, 06:34:16 PM »
I hated my Skate Half Cabs and Half Cab pros from awhile back but loved the og Half Cabs and had multiple pairs years ago… that being said, should I even try the ‘92s out? I mean they look great and I’m a sucker for that shade of yellow on shoes.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1324
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #661 on: October 26, 2021, 06:45:23 PM »
I hated my Skate Half Cabs and Half Cab pros from awhile back but loved the og Half Cabs and had multiple pairs years ago… that being said, should I even try the ‘92s out? I mean they look great and I’m a sucker for that shade of yellow on shoes.
I have 4 pairs of Skate Half Cabs including the 92s and they all feel the same on my foot
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

europa1991

• Rep: 56
« Reply #662 on: October 26, 2021, 08:04:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I have 4 pairs of Skate Half Cabs including the 92s and they all feel the same on my foot
Idk why I thought they’d be any different but that’s pretty much what I was afraid of. Oh well

LebowskisRug

« Reply #663 on: October 26, 2021, 08:08:32 PM »
Tried some on today and first thing I thought was "damn, these feel like they might actually hold up well". Hoping for the best with em

Hypnotoad

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #664 on: November 07, 2021, 11:43:26 AM »
anyone have the gilbert 3s yet? are they super thin? how do they compare to blazers?

Wasn’t aware of their existence.  Google apparently isn’t either.  Any pics?

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #665 on: November 07, 2021, 03:57:30 PM »
I'm guessing the Gilbert 3s don't actually exist and won't exist, in so much that this is an empty rumor .

Been wrong before though lol
Super Champion Fun Zone

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
« Reply #666 on: November 07, 2021, 06:40:04 PM »
Curious about the wayvees. They look like they would skate well

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #667 on: November 08, 2021, 01:38:33 AM »
sorry, when i say gil 3s i'm just referring to the high top ones
Ohhh that makes sense!! I have Blazers but don't have Crockett Highs. Have tried them on, though. They are both similar in sole flexibility and how they feel under your feet.. Blazer has more ankle cushioning, but Gilby has a more rigid/secure heel counter/cup. Toe boxes are different so that feels different but not too much.
Super Champion Fun Zone

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #668 on: November 08, 2021, 05:17:42 AM »

Also curious about the wayvees. The Henry ones look so dope but my girlfriend thinks they all look bad.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #669 on: November 08, 2021, 07:54:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Also curious about the wayvees. The Henry ones look so dope but my girlfriend thinks they all look bad.

My girlfriend thinks all skate gear looks bad so i can comfortably disregard her opinion

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #670 on: November 08, 2021, 12:29:53 PM »
anyone have the gilbert 3s yet? are they super thin? how do they compare to blazers?

Thinner upper and chunkier sole due to the wafflecup. Blazers are vulc with more ankle padding.

Crabby_Bastard

• Rep: 55
« Reply #671 on: November 08, 2021, 12:41:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Most comfortable Vans I have had in years but a little thinner than the new Vans Skate vulcs.
How much for an order of ribs?

PincherBug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #672 on: November 08, 2021, 12:49:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I wasn't into the first colorways of the wayvees but I do like the Henry, ordered a pair Saturday.  Am stoked to try them after seeing on here they are a good fit for the wide footed gentleman.

sadnocomply

• Rep: 137
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #673 on: November 08, 2021, 01:51:23 PM »
Anyone have a lead on the Justin Henry Vans collection that just dropped? Looking for the sweater, beanie, and belt - the shoes I can find anywhere. Only place I can find them is on vans.com but I’d rather support a skate shop if possible. Not sure if shops have the collection yet or not. Again, I know I can get this stuff off vans.com I just would rather support a shop directly.

stets

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #674 on: November 08, 2021, 02:47:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Thinner upper and chunkier sole due to the wafflecup. Blazers are vulc with more ankle padding.
[close]
would you say the soles of the gilberts are more cushioned than blazers?

More cushioned for sure. That popcush insole is way cushier than the thin EVA with small heel zoom unit glued on that Blazers use.
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #675 on: November 08, 2021, 03:27:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

1,000% - it's a great shoe.

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 310
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #676 on: November 08, 2021, 03:40:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

1,000% - it's a great shoe.

My only choice from Vans that I would skate. The Rowans were cool but Gilberts are more comfy imo

franc

• Rep: 102
« Reply #677 on: November 10, 2021, 08:18:43 AM »
My only choice from Vans that I would skate. The Rowans were cool but Gilberts are more comfy imo

The Rowans are too chunky. They're comfy but not that good for flip tricks. Gilbies are perfect.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #678 on: November 10, 2021, 09:47:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The Rowans are too chunky. They're comfy but not that good for flip tricks. Gilbies are perfect.

Had the opposite experience. Rowans felt great day one and held up super well. The Gilbert's sole was a little thick for my liking and then by time those broke in, the toe cap had been shredded to pieces.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 999
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #679 on: November 10, 2021, 03:23:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I find the rowans chunky, in the way half cabs are chunky, it's a heavier vans shoe. The wayvee lighten things up, same insole/mostly same tech, just not a mid.

MaXX_I-D

« Reply #680 on: November 12, 2021, 12:20:03 PM »
What are people's experiences with Van’s leather? I just saw these half cabs...

...and was wondering how they'd skate compared to suede ones.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 09:16:48 PM by MaXX_I-D »

kenjiro

« Reply #681 on: November 12, 2021, 02:26:18 PM »
I think the Skate Old Skools are my favorite show of all time. I love the increased tread depth on the sole. Didn’t wear through it after 3 months of skating. (mainly skate transition and curbs.)

SaySo

• Rep: 113
  • "Yellow buttercup. Helicopters. Orange buttercat."
« Reply #682 on: November 14, 2021, 06:25:22 AM »
Apologies if this has already been covered...

I stopped by the Vans shop in Harajuku (Tokyo) today and was talking to the manager and he mentioned that Vans is no longer producing new pro models/pro models have been discontinued? I found it hard to believe, but he explained that Vans is going with the "pro-line," shoes which have basically the same silhouettes/uppers/insoles/midsoles as they have had, but is no longer introducing new signature shoes. This sort of contradicts the fact that Lizzie Armanto has a pro-model dropping next year, etc.

Apparently the plug was pulled last year and it's a global initiative. This was echoed by the staff at one of the ABC-Marts in Shibuya.

Figured someone here would know. Has anyone else heard anything of the sort?

Addendum: They will keep making the Half-Cab, and from what it sounded like the Rowan and Berle.
"I've got a friend of polar nature, and it's all peace. You and I seek similar stars, but can't sit at the same feast."

"Not every pony grows up to be a Pegasus."

"There's smoke in my iris, but I painted a sunny day on the insides of my eyelids."

LebowskisRug

« Reply #683 on: November 14, 2021, 07:14:20 AM »

I’ve got these exact shoes and the Reynolds as well. The Leather took a few sessions to break in and was stiffer at first. Pretty logical, but once broken in they’re about the same I can’t really tell.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 617
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #684 on: November 14, 2021, 11:26:20 AM »
I think the Skate Old Skools are my favorite show of all time. I love the increased tread depth on the sole. Didn’t wear through it after 3 months of skating. (mainly skate transition and curbs.)

Are the skate old skools a bit narrower around the toes? I tried the Rowan pro, but the toe room was way too much for me.
IG: @flowterspace

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #685 on: November 14, 2021, 12:30:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Are the skate old skools a bit narrower around the toes? I tried the Rowan pro, but the toe room was way too much for me.

Yes. They are more narrow

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #686 on: November 15, 2021, 02:13:53 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I’ve got these exact shoes and the Reynolds as well. The Leather took a few sessions to break in and was stiffer at first. Pretty logical, but once broken in they’re about the same I can’t really tell.
Been thinking about getting a pair of half cabs on Friday. Never had a pair. What do I need to know?

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #687 on: November 15, 2021, 04:10:35 AM »
Just got these today. First time I've tried new skate line and also my first pair of half cabs ever. They feel super snug to the point that I probably should have went a half size up but I think they will stilll work. They feel extremely stable unlike even the old vans "pro" line that could almost feel broken in out of the box. Leather is very good for the price tag. Also,m tongue centering straps should me mandatory on all shoes.

By the way, the pants are dickies slim straights.

kenjiro

« Reply #688 on: November 15, 2021, 07:41:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Been thinking about getting a pair of half cabs on Friday. Never had a pair. What do I need to know?

Best heelflip shoe i’ve ever skated

MaXX_I-D

« Reply #689 on: November 15, 2021, 08:08:55 AM »
Also, tongue centering straps should be mandatory on all shoes.