Author Topic: new Vans models  (Read 120681 times)

LebowskisRug

Re: new Vans models
« Reply #750 on: February 18, 2022, 01:29:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Got my 2nd pair of Vans, ever. The Crockett Highs. Just like the Chima 2's, they are not very comfy. Bad cupping at the heel, causing heelslip unless worn very tight. The materials are just not plush, or not much of it at all. Nike blazers are way more comfy. But oh well...
[close]
did you get the wrong size? I found the crocketts to be one of Vans most comfortable shoe that i've tried in recent years (rowans, slip ons, old skool, ave pro - i liked the ave pro but had heel slip issues). Nike blazer mids definitely have more padding around the collar, but are more narrow than most vans so may not be comfy for people that are used to Vans silhouettes
[close]

can you compare the Crockett High to the new skate Half Cabs? IIRC they have the older, thicker Popcush, which I don't remember loving necessarily. I'm not sure the thin canvas does much for the ankle support, but I forever associate Crockett 2's more with the kind of lifted truck bros that wear MAGA hats and live in the central valley and still shop at Vans so they can remind you of how good they were at heelflips when they were 13.
[close]

I haven't skated the new skate half cabs yet (I do have a pair of Reynolds '92 on the way tho!). I'm not really aware of the changes with the popcush formula but it feels identical to the ones used in the Rowans. I just mainly skate them for the wafflecup and I just like the feeling of wearing a hightop for that secureness factor (heel slippage and the feeling of my foot sliding around inside a shoe are major pet peeves for skating). It's kinda like a chuck taylor high, not plush at all like the half cabs.

The difference is minor but I tried on Rowan’s the other day and immediately felt it. I took the insoles out and compared to the 92 Half Cabs I had on and it’s visually different. Firmer, different colors and patterns, and the heel sits lower. I couldn’t skate any of the Pro Vans with it especially Era’s as the insole would make my heel sit too high and wobbly but the new insole feels much better.

Crabby_Bastard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #751 on: February 18, 2022, 02:21:17 PM »
With the crockett 2's, does anyone else get their heels rubbed raw by the heel counter stitching? I remember they had them in the 1's but it never bothered me, but somehow with the 2's in the same size my heel keeps wanting to lift up when i walk

I have the same issue. I like the Crockett 2 a lot but not enough to endure the pain it causes me on the back of my heels. The best Vans for me as far as heel lock and heel comfort are the Sk8-low and the Fairlane.
How much for an order of ribs?

LebowskisRug

« Reply #752 on: February 18, 2022, 08:42:10 PM »
^That is a very strange association but then again the Central Valley is a strange place

This dude I went to HS with that later became a racist cop literally wore them to a formal event with a suit and he now resides in Bakersfield.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #753 on: March 03, 2022, 07:36:29 PM »
skate slip on's and old skools hurt your heel first couple times

skate slip on's vamp crushes your feet first couple wears

after a few wears they're pretty sick
I just got some of the krooked by natas for barbee skate slip ons and was worried I should have sized up but searching through the thread this post gives me hope.
They’re pretty tight around the vamp but the footbed fits so these should break in to a comfy shoe. Worst case I’ll have to swap the insoles with something thinner

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 333
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #754 on: March 10, 2022, 10:28:17 PM »
Have kind of not been into vans for years but since the skate half cab is apparently stiffer i'm curious to try. How's the fit generally?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 05:24:49 AM by Sila »

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 597
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #755 on: March 11, 2022, 01:13:22 AM »
Have kind of not been into vans for years but sincs the skatw half cab is apparently stiffer i'm curious to try. How the fit generally?
Just got mine
Sizing is consistent with what i am used to from Vans (10US is fine, as it was with Rowan's, Ave, Slip On)
This is my first pair of Half Cab, i can't compare to previous skate half cab.
But yeah they feel a bit stiff, slightly more than Rowan's (and slightly tighter than rowan's)
i won't skate them, they are a bit too high for my taste
Ave's are still my favorite shoes to skate in

Edit: for some reason, they make my feet sweat which is not a problem i usually have, especially for a shoe i don't skate... in the middle of winter.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 04:04:24 AM by BALARGUE »

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #756 on: March 11, 2022, 03:36:09 AM »
Have kind of not been into vans for years but sincs the skatw half cab is apparently stiffer i'm curious to try. How the fit generally?

They are stiffer in the ankle part, which in my opinion is really good for keeping the shape of the shoe. Mine have lasted quite a long time.

But yeah, as the post above indicates, true to size. Fairly consistent as Vans go, in my experience. I also can’t compare these to the old Half Cabs, but these new ones have been some of the best performing shoes I’ve had in awhile.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #757 on: March 11, 2022, 05:18:28 AM »
aight who got the lizzies
good come sausage

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #758 on: March 11, 2022, 05:21:10 AM »
nevermind i see there's another thread that confirms someone got the lizzies
good come sausage

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #759 on: March 25, 2022, 04:52:14 AM »
I know it's been acknowledged in this thread a couple times, but I had my first session in my Skate Old Skools and they were absolutely killing my feet. I've worn them as chillers for awhile but they just suffocate my feet which is kind of a bummer cuz the former Old Skool Pro was my favorite shoe for awhile.

To those who had them and had the same issue, how long did it take for them to feel better, if at all?

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 760
« Reply #760 on: March 25, 2022, 05:00:09 AM »
Have kind of not been into vans for years but since the skate half cab is apparently stiffer i'm curious to try. How's the fit generally?

the regular skate halfcabs fit tighter than the old halfcab pros. it's not a size up situation, they're just a little tight around the toes but they break in. the skate halfcab 92s are wider there. the heel is very stiff at first but after 2-3 wears it loosens up a little while still feeling secure. i feel like they are tight and stiff at first so that they can mold to your foot after wearing them for a bit without bagging out.
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

LebowskisRug

« Reply #761 on: March 25, 2022, 07:14:53 AM »
I know it's been acknowledged in this thread a couple times, but I had my first session in my Skate Old Skools and they were absolutely killing my feet. I've worn them as chillers for awhile but they just suffocate my feet which is kind of a bummer cuz the former Old Skool Pro was my favorite shoe for awhile.

To those who had them and had the same issue, how long did it take for them to feel better, if at all?

Are they too stiff? Also- they’re full suede or partial? I find mine take like a couple hours total to fully break in and get a bit more flexible in the upper and feel like clouds, but the sole and insole stay consistent. I actually really like this because then they never flop out unlike the old Pro ones did.

I have the leather ones and those stay pretty stiff compared to the Suede 92’s I have.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #762 on: March 25, 2022, 07:25:09 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Are they too stiff? Also- they’re full suede or partial? I find mine take like a couple hours total to fully break in and get a bit more flexible in the upper and feel like clouds, but the sole and insole stay consistent.I actually really like this because then they never flop out unlike the old Pro ones did.

I have the leather ones and those stay pretty stiff compared to the Suede 92’s I have.

They're partial suede. The black and white ones, specifically. I think the stiffness has been a huge improvement for the other revamped models so I guess I'll just keep trying these. The old ones did sag out kinda quick but they were also my favorite silhouette.

Slugboi22

• Rep: 62
« Reply #763 on: March 25, 2022, 10:13:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Are they too stiff? Also- they’re full suede or partial? I find mine take like a couple hours total to fully break in and get a bit more flexible in the upper and feel like clouds, but the sole and insole stay consistent.I actually really like this because then they never flop out unlike the old Pro ones did.

[close]

They're partial suede. The black and white ones, specifically. I think the stiffness has been a huge improvement for the other revamped models so I guess I'll just keep trying these. The old ones did sag out kinda quick but they were also my favorite silhouette.
it’s been a little while since i had the Skate Old Skools but if i remember correctly, my big issue with them was the heel. It just took me some time to kinda squish down the heels a bit to make em a bit less stiff. Gave em a few twists too and that really helped loosen em up. Besides those little things i though they were great shoes. i personally enjoyed them more than the old skool pros for the sole factor that they kept their damn shape  ;D

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #764 on: March 25, 2022, 11:08:43 AM »
Alright, I'll take y'alls word for it and keep going with them. I've worn them around but I could probably be a bit more aggressive with the break in process. Worst case scenario, I've got another pair of Skate Half Cabs on ice.  ;D

LebowskisRug

« Reply #765 on: March 25, 2022, 12:24:45 PM »
I'm a fucking moron and read Half Cab, not Old Skool. Honestly I love the Half Cabs, but my Old Skools feel weird. They're canvas suede all black with white stitching and laces. The ankle area feels uncomfortable but got softer- the rear does feel stiffer and the shoe is too grippy in the flick. I can skate Half Cabs for a session and they feel awesome, but I've skated these like 4 or 5 times so far and done a lot of dog walks and I'm not super stoked.

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #766 on: March 25, 2022, 03:18:32 PM »
I had the full suede Old skool and they fucked up my feet first. Got used to it pretty quick and would still buy any full suede Old skools.

The canvas ones... Fuck no

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #767 on: March 25, 2022, 06:55:01 PM »
I'm a fucking moron and read Half Cab, not Old Skool. Honestly I love the Half Cabs, but my Old Skools feel weird. They're canvas suede all black with white stitching and laces. The ankle area feels uncomfortable but got softer- the rear does feel stiffer and the shoe is too grippy in the flick. I can skate Half Cabs for a session and they feel awesome, but I've skated these like 4 or 5 times so far and done a lot of dog walks and I'm not super stoked.

oh well in that case we're on the same page lol. For me the Half-Cabs feel good straight out of the box even if it takes a session or two to properly break in. Still gonna try the Old Skools, but I think I'm converted to a Half-Cab guy now.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1107
« Reply #768 on: March 25, 2022, 08:03:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

oh well in that case we're on the same page lol. For me the Half-Cabs feel good straight out of the box even if it takes a session or two to properly break in. Still gonna try the Old Skools, but I think I'm converted to a Half-Cab guy now.

I fucked up and bought some not half cabs today. Shoulda just got half cabs. Out here, out thinking myself.

DERBY

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 250
« Reply #769 on: May 29, 2022, 02:56:42 PM »

just saw these vans that were made for the us airforce. if they released a crockett high or even a half cab in this colour way it’d be an automatic cop for me

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #770 on: May 29, 2022, 06:06:06 PM »

just saw these vans that were made for the us airforce. if they released a crockett high or even a half cab in this colour way it’d be an automatic cop for me

These are pretty close, but they're lows. Coulda swore they had a similar one in the high top but I think I may have been mistaken for the ones with the tan stripe.

europa1991

• Rep: 52
« Reply #771 on: May 29, 2022, 06:54:22 PM »
Anyone fuck with the skate fairlanes?

Crabby_Bastard

« Reply #772 on: May 29, 2022, 09:21:38 PM »

I love them. Most comfortable Vans in years. Skate well but take a while to get good flick with the slippery leather.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #773 on: June 09, 2022, 06:04:44 PM »
Went to the skate shop today and homie was excited to show me some new half cabs with a barb wire graphic embroidered on the heel. i was hoping to get some half cabs this year at some point bc of the 30 year anniversary, but all i could think of was Pamela Anderson's bad tattoo.

dustyassrocketswitchv

• Rep: -137
« Reply #774 on: June 10, 2022, 12:37:08 PM »
Went to the skate shop today and homie was excited to show me some new half cabs with a barb wire graphic embroidered on the heel. i was hoping to get some half cabs this year at some point bc of the 30 year anniversary, but all i could think of was Pamela Anderson's bad tattoo.

I refuse to let Berle ruin barbed wire for me.  Pam forever
big texas cummer

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
  • old and in the way
« Reply #775 on: June 10, 2022, 02:56:31 PM »

the next Berle colorway will 100% be Calvin pissing

Monopolyman

« Reply #776 on: June 10, 2022, 03:54:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I love them. Most comfortable Vans in years. Skate well but take a while to get good flick with the slippery leather.

Whoa that shoe looks so rad.  And it almost looks wide enough to where I could actually wear/skate them.  I usually have to order Vans custom wide and theres no skate options im aware of…

Crabby_Bastard

« Reply #777 on: June 10, 2022, 05:04:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Whoa that shoe looks so rad.  And it almost looks wide enough to where I could actually wear/skate them.  I usually have to order Vans custom wide and theres no skate options im aware of…

Width wise, they fit similar to the Half Cab '92. The only two Vans models in years that didn't give me blisters on my pinky toes.

MC3

• Rep: 127
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #778 on: June 10, 2022, 05:29:20 PM »
Fair warning on the new skate Slip-Ons. The collar at the heel is REALLY pointy for the first bit of wearing them until they break in. Like gonna-rub-you-til-you-bleed pointy. I just physically bent them around and wore them with some band-aids for a bit and they're getting to be more normal, but if you buy them, be aware of that and don't end up like me, where the entire inside is stained red with blood.
(Cool Trick GIF)

Monopolyman

« Reply #779 on: June 11, 2022, 11:48:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Width wise, they fit similar to the Half Cab '92. The only two Vans models in years that didn't give me blisters on my pinky toes.

Interesting. 

Have you tried Wavees or AVEs before? 

Those actually seem sorta wide from photos but I cant fully tell, trying to understand this Vans lineup I’d previously assumed wasnt for me.