Author Topic: new Vans models  (Read 121944 times)

Tom Pearl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 202
Re: new Vans models
« Reply #1050 on: July 16, 2023, 08:21:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Og great, another skate loafer for the clearance rack.
[close]

I wish it was a nicer colorway at least.

But that Caroll looks beautiful.
[close]
Also looks like they changed the heel collar material out to fabric on those MCs. May have to give them another try.

Did the Boys of Summer version have a faux leather material in there or was it fabric?
[close]

The heel material looks similar (I threw out my pair after skating the heck out of them).
I like them. Definitely bulky but felt similar to a half cab. I got a lot of compliments but the price tag feels weird for a Vulc.

the olive green ones look like they have leather on the heel, did your heel slip at all? i found a pair for $60, was thinking about trying them

thehogsniper

• Rep: 49
« Reply #1051 on: July 16, 2023, 09:42:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Og great, another skate loafer for the clearance rack.
[close]

I wish it was a nicer colorway at least.

But that Caroll looks beautiful.
[close]
Also looks like they changed the heel collar material out to fabric on those MCs. May have to give them another try.

Did the Boys of Summer version have a faux leather material in there or was it fabric?
[close]

The heel material looks similar (I threw out my pair after skating the heck out of them).
I like them. Definitely bulky but felt similar to a half cab. I got a lot of compliments but the price tag feels weird for a Vulc.
[close]

the olive green ones look like they have leather on the heel, did your heel slip at all? i found a pair for $60, was thinking about trying them
People have been having slip and also having blisters.

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
« Reply #1052 on: July 16, 2023, 10:58:15 AM »
Got a pair of the Mike February Neo Ultrarange as summer wear shoes. They’re really comfy. Like really comfy. It’s hard to justify its MSRP, but thankfully my nephew works at Vans [mall] and I was able to use his discount.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #1053 on: July 16, 2023, 01:28:19 PM »
On the subject of Papyrus:

“I want to devise a virus
To bring dire straits to your environment
Crush your corporations with a mild touch
Trash your whole computer system and revert you to papyrus”

Gnar'd for this top shelf Del reference!!!
Super Champion Fun Zone

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1054 on: July 16, 2023, 01:30:24 PM »
Has anyone skated/worn the vans lowland models? I’m digging the look, I like that it’s a different vans stripe/wave logo and that it’s leather

I think they have the Comfy Cush sole which is 90% foam or something so you could skate them but they'll shred pretty quick if you are hard on your shoes.

Pedro Barros I think has some clips on his IG wearing them while skating, so they're skateable! That's all I got though
Super Champion Fun Zone

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1055 on: July 16, 2023, 01:59:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Has anyone skated/worn the vans lowland models? I’m digging the look, I like that it’s a different vans stripe/wave logo and that it’s leather
[close]

I think they have the Comfy Cush sole which is 90% foam or something so you could skate them but they'll shred pretty quick if you are hard on your shoes.

Pedro Barros I think has some clips on his IG wearing them while skating, so they're skateable! That's all I got though

When you have a shoe sponsor, you can skate any shoe without worry of how quickly it’ll shred.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1056 on: July 16, 2023, 02:38:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

When you have a shoe sponsor, you can skate any shoe without worry of how quickly it’ll shred.

Definitely! It must be nice to "test" models like that and not worry about cost or whether you have another model to skate immediately after it! (Slap sale gear regulars excluded because they can do the same thing but aren't the norm)

Side note: Vans could/should do more experiments with making skateable versions of their comfy Cush/hiking/chiller models again, because there are some silhouettes and soles with lots of potential I think to be the next Half Cab or dunk-a-like.
Super Champion Fun Zone

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1057 on: July 16, 2023, 02:41:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Definitely! It must be nice to "test" models like that and not worry about cost or whether you have another model to skate immediately after it! (Slap sale gear regulars excluded because they can do the same thing but aren't the norm)

Side note: Vans could/should do more experiments with making skateable versions of their comfy Cush/hiking/chiller models again, because there are some silhouettes and soles with lots of potential I think to be the next Half Cab or dunk-a-like.

I legit like the BMX wafflecup slip-ons. Would love to have that sole on the Half Cab

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1058 on: July 16, 2023, 02:52:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I legit like the BMX wafflecup slip-ons. Would love to have that sole on the Half Cab

I'll cosign this! I've only tried on BMX waffle cup in store but it did feel better than the skate waffle cup to me
Super Champion Fun Zone

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #1059 on: July 16, 2023, 03:13:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I'll cosign this! I've only tried on BMX waffle cup in store but it did feel better than the skate waffle cup to me

I’m pretty sure the  box waffle cup have a shank plate in them that probably helps with the support of the sole compared to the regular waffle cup. Ps I miss you .
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1324
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #1060 on: July 16, 2023, 03:34:13 PM »
I also think the BMX slips are a sleeper hit. They're based on the Pro slips so the fit is a lot better than the Skate slips and the pairs that I have had had the dura cap over the toe so kinda best of both worlds. I do think the sole is pretty much identical to the all of the other Wafflecups I've tried for better or worse. I like that sole but I know others don't.

The main problem with the BMX slips is getting a decent colorway. They've put out a few non branded/collab colorways that have been alright but they make me look like that software bro POS that I have somehow become.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

bombsaway86

• Rep: 162
« Reply #1061 on: July 16, 2023, 04:40:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Agreed. I have a pair of the comfy Cush slip ons from probably 2019 and they’re still one of my most comfortable pairs of shoes

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1062 on: July 16, 2023, 11:32:36 PM »
Expand Quote
On the subject of Papyrus:

“I want to devise a virus
To bring dire straits to your environment
Crush your corporations with a mild touch
Trash your whole computer system and revert you to papyrus”

[close]

Gnar'd for this top shelf Del reference!!!
Could be that Vans sucks lately because everything had been done by AI?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Captain Creampie

• Rep: -8
« Reply #1063 on: July 17, 2023, 01:23:12 AM »
Any Euro TMs or the like got a season/year for the new AVE shoe drop?

Also WTF with Vault getting dropped and now it’s OTW?  Didn’t they have an OTW line that bombed once already??

FEB 24 ;)

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1065 on: July 18, 2023, 06:39:43 AM »
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

v.2.0.0.1

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1066 on: July 27, 2023, 03:55:58 PM »
I was at a vans store the other day. Tried on skate half cabs and Crockett highs. The skate half cabs in my regular size were choking the life out of my feet. Half size up, they felt ok but not great. Crockett highs in my usual size felt anywhere from a half to full size too long. I either have the most fucked up feet or vans is going crazy with sizing these days. 

I will say, the Crockett’s felt pretty nice. All of the uncertainty about the sizing has me a little hesitant though.

Nailed it. Also AA skating in auth hi’s x hockey lately. Another release? Or just wishful thinking?

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
« Reply #1067 on: July 27, 2023, 04:05:45 PM »
I was at a vans store the other day. Tried on skate half cabs and Crockett highs. The skate half cabs in my regular size were choking the life out of my feet. Half size up, they felt ok but not great. Crockett highs in my usual size felt anywhere from a half to full size too long. I either have the most fucked up feet or vans is going crazy with sizing these days. 

I will say, the Crockett’s felt pretty nice. All of the uncertainty about the sizing has me a little hesitant though.

This is bang on.  Could barely get the Skate half cabs on my feet in my size.  Tried Crockett highs in my size and they felt great.  Ended up getting Wayvees a half size up because they felt good in the shop, but after a few sessions they’re getting pretty loose.  All that to say, I think a broken in pair of half size down Crockett highs would be ideal.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1068 on: July 27, 2023, 06:35:16 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This is bang on.  Could barely get the Skate half cabs on my feet in my size.  Tried Crockett highs in my size and they felt great.  Ended up getting Wayvees a half size up because they felt good in the shop, but after a few sessions they’re getting pretty loose.  All that to say, I think a broken in pair of half size down Crockett highs would be ideal.

Crocketts are lowkey a great shoe. I want a pair of Half Cabs with the Crockett sole.

SupremePizza

• Rep: 44
« Reply #1069 on: August 30, 2023, 09:30:50 AM »
Has anyone tried the MTE ultrarange or any of the MTE models? I'm planning on using these for winter hiking/snowshoeing

LebowskisRug

« Reply #1070 on: August 30, 2023, 09:57:26 AM »
I have some MTE Old Skools. I was mostly using them for light hiking to rock climbs because they have a Polarfleece lining and decently knobby tread and they lace up fast. They accomplish that well, no complaints about them really.

thehogsniper

• Rep: 49
« Reply #1071 on: August 30, 2023, 10:17:04 AM »
I had a pair of the original MTE SK8 Hi's. those things were absolute tanks, no matter how hard I wore them they never wore down or got shredded. Lasted probably 5 winters.

sadBUTtrue

• Rep: 6
« Reply #1072 on: August 30, 2023, 03:53:36 PM »
Has anyone tried the MTE ultrarange or any of the MTE models? I'm planning on using these for winter hiking/snowshoeing
Yes. I've ran them for winter needs of all sorts. Snow camping, hiking, pow surfing, shoveling after FEET of snow you name it. They are good and hold up. Have the GoreTex MTE Iguchi boots and they are tanks as stated. Plus Iguchi is a ripper of snow and skate so gotta support.

Sammich

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1073 on: September 19, 2023, 10:45:22 AM »
I’ve been skating the Zahba Mid lately and I have to say, I like the way it fits my foot and how they feel. The Zahba low was a little snug for me in the toe box. I’m really digging the mids.

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 212
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #1074 on: September 19, 2023, 11:26:54 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yes. I've ran them for winter needs of all sorts. Snow camping, hiking, pow surfing, shoveling after FEET of snow you name it. They are good and hold up. Have the GoreTex MTE Iguchi boots and they are tanks as stated. Plus Iguchi is a ripper of snow and skate so gotta support.
Shit this got me thinking I'm not sure where my Sk8-Hi MTEs are and winters comin up. Gotta find them foot jawns soon....

Wish the sole had more stock padding, but the upper is strong AF, and pretty water resistant but a lot of that is probably from the hydrophobic sealing spray I put on
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

Captain No Cab

• Rep: 20
« Reply #1075 on: September 20, 2023, 10:48:32 PM »
If you sk8, you know, when you bite into that spring-roll

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 218
« Reply #1076 on: September 21, 2023, 02:37:40 AM »
XLT's officially announced!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cxa4wNbufi0/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Really liked the XLT back in the days. They might be too puffy for me, these days

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #1077 on: September 21, 2023, 03:53:52 AM »

Really liked the XLT back in the days. They might be too puffy for me, these days

The white ones I saw in the shop seemed normal to me.   Didn’t look like a potato or anything

scab

• Rep: 200
« Reply #1078 on: September 21, 2023, 04:00:22 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The white ones I saw in the shop seemed normal to me.   Didn’t look like a potato or anything

Fuck, I'm really conflicted with these. I learned kickflips in the original ones, so I'll always have a soft spot for them, but I don't really wanna buy something with thin blue line era Rowley's name on it.

fernando the skater

• Rep: 114
« Reply #1079 on: September 29, 2023, 02:39:33 AM »
Not particularly skate related, and they're only available in Japan, but I know there are some cycle nerds on here, so here's the Blue Lug x Vans collab.