Author Topic: new Vans models  (Read 121969 times)

burner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 91
Re: new Vans models
« Reply #1350 on: March 30, 2024, 02:18:28 AM »

Wait, so the knit is a launch/limited version? With a proper sueded version to drop after? Is it cheaper? Talk about confusion...

Yeah, idk - looking at the Thrasher article there seems to be heaps of colorways coming out, and zero mention of this knit AVE being a limited edition. I reckon this is it, but I guess we’ll see. Either way, I’m hoping for a big price drop.

https://www.thrashermagazine.com/articles/burnout/ave-too/

Deadringer

• Rep: 12
« Reply #1351 on: March 30, 2024, 03:14:19 AM »
Expand Quote

Wait, so the knit is a launch/limited version? With a proper sueded version to drop after? Is it cheaper? Talk about confusion...
[close]

Yeah, idk - looking at the Thrasher article there seems to be heaps of colorways coming out, and zero mention of this knit AVE being a limited edition. I reckon this is it, but I guess we’ll see. Either way, I’m hoping for a big price drop.

It isn’t it, there’s non knit on the way. 110%

burner

• Rep: 91
« Reply #1352 on: March 30, 2024, 04:05:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yeah, you’re probably right. I’m just saying that this Knit Ave doesn’t look like a one off limited drop to immediately be replaced by the non knit. But I guess that’ll depend on how it sells.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1353 on: March 30, 2024, 10:39:21 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Some of those coloways aren't knitted though. Like the pink ones next to Diego are the normal ones.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #1354 on: March 30, 2024, 03:31:59 PM »
Looks like there’s at least 4-5 knit colorways in that display and we’ve seen 3-4 non knit between the article and the catalog photos.

What shoe is martino skating in that article?
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Chimppimpin

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1355 on: March 30, 2024, 03:45:51 PM »
Looks like there’s at least 4-5 knit colorways in that display and we’ve seen 3-4 non knit between the article and the catalog photos.

lizzie low

turdtastic

• Rep: 54
« Reply #1356 on: March 31, 2024, 08:06:02 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
lizzie low

And Glick wearing an unfamiliar high top cupsole

thehogsniper

• Rep: 49
« Reply #1357 on: March 31, 2024, 08:30:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
lizzie low
[close]

Pretty sure that's just a Zahba Mid

turdtastic

• Rep: 54
« Reply #1358 on: March 31, 2024, 11:13:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
lizzie low
[close]

[close]
Pretty sure that's just a Zahba Mid
Ah, that makes sense, just a new colorway I guess…

Tonyhawk-prostate

• Rep: -112
« Reply #1359 on: April 03, 2024, 10:10:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Thank goodness
Big fat nollie tre

CronsX

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1360 on: April 04, 2024, 12:20:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Some of those coloways aren't knitted though. Like the pink ones next to Diego are the normal ones.

Besides the pink Colorway is a little tag stating "Fall '24" if im seeing it correctly.
Wonder if the non- knitted version is delayed until Fall or just that pink colorway.

Luddite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
« Reply #1361 on: April 04, 2024, 09:12:10 AM »
Does anyone know why they’ve never marketed their bmx cupsole slipons, old Skools etc toward skating? Surely that would be more popular than whatever zaba garbage they always put out

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 997
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #1362 on: April 04, 2024, 10:33:22 AM »
Does anyone know why they’ve never marketed their bmx cupsole slipons, old Skools etc toward skating? Surely that would be more popular than whatever zaba garbage they always put out

Because they are catering/marketing them towards their intended [bmx] market?

dstrytruitt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 105
« Reply #1363 on: April 09, 2024, 12:54:17 PM »
Anyone skating the AVE 2 and want to offer some feedback?

Ticallion Stallion

• Rep: 18
« Reply #1364 on: April 09, 2024, 01:26:59 PM »

I bit the bullet and bought them with 15% vans family discount. Haven’t skated em yet but the knit makes em fit like a glove(suctions to your foot).  The laces are almost satin-like I don’t really like them they don’t stay tied. Very stiff for being knit material, dare I say supportive. Gonna take a minute to break in, also they’re tts.

Ghost Face

• Rep: 108
« Reply #1365 on: April 10, 2024, 02:08:36 AM »
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1366 on: April 10, 2024, 02:12:36 AM »
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Democratic Republic Of Mongo

• Rep: 115
« Reply #1367 on: April 10, 2024, 06:40:54 AM »
Apart from the weird treads on those BMX shoes, they seem like a Vans Marana and I don’t hate them.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #1368 on: April 10, 2024, 08:16:07 AM »
spotted these in DSW when picking up some dress shoes. picked them up and they're heavy af.

https://www.dsw.com/en/us/product/vans-caldrone-sneaker---mens/542025?activeColor=210

good come sausage

Enrico Pallazzo

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 210
« Reply #1369 on: April 10, 2024, 08:58:18 AM »
spotted these in DSW when picking up some dress shoes. picked them up and they're heavy af.

https://www.dsw.com/en/us/product/vans-caldrone-sneaker---mens/542025?activeColor=210

The Wowan Zowiwwa pwo models

dstrytruitt

• Rep: 105
« Reply #1370 on: April 10, 2024, 11:31:12 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I bit the bullet and bought them with 15% vans family discount. Haven’t skated em yet but the knit makes em fit like a glove(suctions to your foot).  The laces are almost satin-like I don’t really like them they don’t stay tied. Very stiff for being knit material, dare I say supportive. Gonna take a minute to break in, also they’re tts.

Much obliged! I ordered some and they're really light and a little narrow but not too much. Length seems TTS. Not sure if I'm going to keep them though based on the fact I have far too many shoes already and I have no idea if they're worth it.

Ticallion Stallion

• Rep: 18
« Reply #1371 on: April 10, 2024, 02:06:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Much obliged! I ordered some and they're really light and a little narrow but not too much. Length seems TTS. Not sure if I'm going to keep them though based on the fact I have far too many shoes already and I have no idea if they're worth it.

For sure! At this point they’re selling out so I’m sure you’ll be able to make your money back easy.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1372 on: April 10, 2024, 10:46:49 PM »
Apart from the weird treads on those BMX shoes, they seem like a Vans Marana and I don’t hate them.

I think someone said in the "Upcoming Shoes..." thread that unlike some of Vans other BMX models, the sole on this isn't great for skating.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1373 on: April 10, 2024, 11:15:08 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The Wowan Zowiwwa pwo models
Rowley X vibes.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

beautifulcannolis

• Rep: -6
« Reply #1374 on: April 13, 2024, 09:04:27 AM »
How does everyone feel about these "premium" authentics being sold through jcrew? 85 for canvas and 95 for suede.

https://www.jcrew.com/p/mens/categories/shoes/sneakers/vansreg-premium-authentic-sneakers-in-suede/BZ283?display=standard&fit=Classic&color_name=sea-turtle&colorProductCode=BZ283

https://www.jcrew.com/p/mens/categories/shoes/exclusives/vansreg-premium-authentic-sneakers-in-canvas/BZ284?display=standard&fit=Classic&color_name=off-white&colorProductCode=BZ284

I got a pair of authentic 44 dx on sale last year, they retail for 80 bucks so about 30ish more than the typical models. I gotta say I'm not that impressed. I think they are a little comfier on the feet and feel a bit tighter or sturdier, butfound the canvas ripping at the heel, and coming unattached at the toe box and foxing were my big toe is. hardly a premium product, never happened to my regular authentics.

I want like these so bad considering how I feel about chucks vs chuck 70s where the price increase def translates into a superior product. Just curious what others experiences have been with vans' "premium" classics.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1375 on: April 13, 2024, 09:28:28 AM »
Looking at them in pictures, there is no way they're worth that price. You'd definitely need to see them in person.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 09:34:16 PM by oyolar »

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #1376 on: April 16, 2024, 07:46:46 PM »
The pricing of the AVE 2.0 in Australia is absolutely fucked in the head.  Might cop em on sale in a few months for $70 though.

Dad Board

• Rep: 71
« Reply #1377 on: April 16, 2024, 08:11:53 PM »
The pricing of the AVE 2.0 in Australia is absolutely fucked in the head.  Might cop em on sale in a few months for $70 though.

That’s fucking insulting.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #1378 on: April 16, 2024, 09:25:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Just so people have a comparison Leo Baker and ishod 2 Nike's, tyshawn Adidas are all about $150-160 and tiagos are about $200 here

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #1379 on: April 16, 2024, 10:16:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Just so people have a comparison Leo Baker and ishod 2 Nike's, tyshawn Adidas are all about $150-160 and tiagos are about $200 here
Still blows em out of the water.  No one could afford to skate those without a sponno.  Are they hoping to hypebeast it?