Author Topic: The Last Good Movie You Saw?  (Read 774638 times)

RickKane

• Rep: -9
  • SLAP Legend
Re: The Last Good Movie You Saw?
« Reply #8610 on: February 28, 2021, 02:38:55 AM »
Just watched a movie called Weirdos on Prime.  Kind of artsy black and white flick about two kids in northern Nova Scotia, finding themselves and whatnot, and Andy Warhol is one of their spirit animals.  Super solid old time folk soundtrack.  I know Iím terrible at selling movies but I really enjoyed it and I have great difficulty getting through movies most of the time.

Yeah that sounds awful. Don't quit yer day job.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
« Reply #8611 on: March 04, 2021, 03:27:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Just watched a movie called Weirdos on Prime.  Kind of artsy black and white flick about two kids in northern Nova Scotia, finding themselves and whatnot, and Andy Warhol is one of their spirit animals.  Super solid old time folk soundtrack.  I know Iím terrible at selling movies but I really enjoyed it and I have great difficulty getting through movies most of the time.
[close]

Yeah that sounds awful. Don't quit yer day job.

Haha! funny enough this sounds pretty interesting to me, guess it just needs the right audience. That said I've been trying to write little reviews of the movies I watch and it really isn't that easy.

*oh shit, just looked it up and it's a Bruce Mcdonald movie, he did Hardcore Logo for anybody that's seen that one, or if you haven't it's pretty good.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 443
« Reply #8612 on: March 05, 2021, 10:04:50 AM »
Barb and Star Go to Vista Del Mar is funny and goes strange places.   I love comedies that get weird.   

Minari and Nomadland are really good movies (almost like docs) that I never need to see a second time.