Author Topic: Watches  (Read 45258 times)

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
Re: Watches
« Reply #90 on: April 30, 2020, 02:08:28 AM »
My girl bought me a sweet Tag Heuer about 15 years ago but I havent worn it in years.  Got a nice Phillip Stein and some big fuckin clunky Burberry blackout watch she bought me as well back years ago I always catch shit from her for having 3 nice watches and not ever wearing them.
post pics and some of the pocket watch too! Is the Tag a diver?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #91 on: April 30, 2020, 05:29:55 AM »
I just ordered a strap through these guys:
https://perghermilano.com
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 10:32:29 AM by pica »

TooOldToCare

• Rep: -53
« Reply #92 on: April 30, 2020, 05:25:09 PM »
Expand Quote
My girl bought me a sweet Tag Heuer about 15 years ago but I havent worn it in years.  Got a nice Phillip Stein and some big fuckin clunky Burberry blackout watch she bought me as well back years ago I always catch shit from her for having 3 nice watches and not ever wearing them.
[close]
post pics and some of the pocket watch too! Is the Tag a diver?

Ill try to get a shot soon just gotta pull em out of the case and get a decent pic.  Tag I cant remember the model name, looks like something from the Aquaracer line, will have to check to confirm. 

Zephyr-Cum

• Rep: -103
  • DIE
« Reply #93 on: April 30, 2020, 05:50:31 PM »
yes, I like watches,
hence why I’m posting in the watch thread. Crazy concept huh?
Nothing wrong with pocket watches, but why do you think you can’t skate with a wrist watch on?

I guess that makes sense.

Logic would suggest skating with a watch that costs a few hundred shekels is a disaster waiting to happen. Maybe I just suck at skating. Maybe it don't like fucking up my shit.
I AM A FIGMENT OF YOUR IMAGINATION.

"Shalom".

JamesNtheGntPch

• Rep: 38
  • Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #94 on: April 30, 2020, 07:48:55 PM »
A college friend of mine works in watch repair now. It's very cool to see the work he does.  https://www.instagram.com/gdwatchmaking/?hl=en

I go through periods of wearing watches. I have a timex fairfield.
Here is a stock photo!

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #95 on: April 30, 2020, 08:36:37 PM »
gism what do you think of the oris 65 tropical dial vs standard? I like both a lot, standard is probably a bit safer but the tropical one is super sick also and very unique, nothing else really like it (I guess the longines heritage diver is vaguely similar but not really). Also do you think it would be possible to find a jubilee that works with it? If so I'd be much more inclined to bite the bullet at some point. My skx is getting very little wrist time lately for whatever reason.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #96 on: April 30, 2020, 09:02:26 PM »
okat mate, I need to get this reply out of the way first...

I definitely agree that lug to lug is kinda like wheelbase, less emphasized but perhaps more significant.

Sinn 556 is sick! blue or black? Oris Aquis is dope too, the diver 65 is one of my favourites and possibly something I will shell out for at some point the 40mm one with the 6 oclock date window. Worse specs than the aquis but I'm a big fan of the look, how thin it is and the domed sapphire crystal. In my head it would look sick on a jubilee but not sure how I could make that work.

A Black bay 36 with a black dial would be sick, I'm a big fan of round indices though the way the triangle markers are super pointy on the lorier neptune makes the round indices look slightly out of place imo, but still a great piece with great specs.

I feel like I'm slowly climbing out of this rabbithole, having sold my hamilton and being satisfied with a modded skx and casio a168w (which I've been wearing 90% of the time lately because I'm skating a good amount). There haven't been any mid ranged or affordable pieces that have really caught my eye tbh.

I've thought about getting a silver metal gshock square, essentially a beefed up casio but could skate in too, but not really worth the price tag. And if I'm going to spend proper money on it then it best be damn near perfect, and the only ones that I'm really really into are the 40mm oris diver 65, the Rolex 116000 (definitely my favourite Rolex, essentially the explorer 3 6 9 but blue dial and smaller without mercedes hands), and the iwate grand seiko that hodinkee did a video on, that thing is crazy sick.

yes, you get it! lug to lug is nearly the most important dimension there is!
I'll post my Sinn later because, well because it's literally that epic!

65 diver is a great watch, don't get me wrong, I even owned one at one point. My beef with them is that for retail they go the same as an Aquis and I couldn't justify that when the Aquis goes down to 300m, has a ceramic bezel and the finishing/ bracelet that is pretty close to what Omega is doing. I also got my Aquis for 50% off retail + $200 cash back in points that I can use for online shopping. Look at this fucking thing will you:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B0YAJJ1nxFm/
6 o'clock date windows rock and that was a cool thing about the 65 too. Imho though, the bezels the 65  is a tad too thin and makes the dial look big, if they made it in 38mm (the 36 is too small), it would be easier to twist my arm. The bracelet is the bomb though and it absolutely nails it in the looks dept. Oris imho is one of the better brands out there and I think they are heavily underrated. Oris big crown date pointer is another beautiful watch that I'd probably own if Aquis' weren't such a good value proposition.

I want the BB36 in blue actually but either color would be great. the lorier, funnily enough, is what got me sparked on it because it was my first non-date and it was just so clean. I can see what you mean about the indices, it's a minor thing for me, kinda makes it look like crosshairs! either way, great watch for $400, the finishing punches way above its weight!

funny you mention the Rollie 14000, I was just drolling over this the other day: https://arbitro.shop/shop/rolex/rolex-air-king-14000-blue-dial/ thinking that I should just sell all my watches bar a g-shock/ diver and be a one watch guy .... LOL like that'll ever happen!
I quite like the salmon version too!

I have a blacked out g-shock I skate in, couldn't bring myself to pay for the metal one, too many other good watches out there in that price range.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 05:31:21 AM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #97 on: April 30, 2020, 09:15:53 PM »
gism what do you think of the oris 65 tropical dial vs standard? I like both a lot, standard is probably a bit safer but the tropical one is super sick also and very unique, nothing else really like it (I guess the longines heritage diver is vaguely similar but not really). Also do you think it would be possible to find a jubilee that works with it? If so I'd be much more inclined to bite the bullet at some point. My skx is getting very little wrist time lately for whatever reason.
imma be honest, I don’t think the tropical OG face will age well and it's also a tad harder to match with outfits etc. hard to wear with a suit/ business attire.
Don't get me wrong, it's the OG face and thus has more history but I think there is kinda a reason why people stopped making dials that look like that. If you did get the OG dial, what color are you thinking? I had the light blue one and again, while it NAILS the look it was hard for me wear. My bet in 2020 would be on the black with bronze bezel but I guess we are yet to see how the bronze watch trend will age too (and whether or not you want green on wrist after the bronze patinas). I actually have one on watch atm for under 1 grand and I'm very very tempted for that price. The black/ super dark blue OG one is nice, and I'm guessing you're okay with the cream/ aged lume look yeah?
As per your last post, the domed sapphire crystal is AMAZEBALLS, simply fucking beautiful.

Can I throw and absolute spanner in the works if you want to rock a jubilee, and chuck the zodiac seawolf into the ring? another era specific reissue with a tonne of history. not as well known as the Oris, but very very nice watches for what you pay, I tried one on a few months back and was impressed at the quality.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSWWoFBXhuY

now, I wouldn't touch that color with a 10 foot pole but the dark navy one with the orange hands is very slick as is this one:
https://windupwatchshop.com/collections/watches/products/super-sea-wolf-53-compression?&variant=31352541511746

don't think I'm trying to talk you out of the 65, but one day this whole vintage diver trend will fade and when it does I don't want your watch to look like a tribal tattoo if that makes sense? If anyone was to make a jubilee for the 65 it would be strapcode, however I doubt they’d be able to match the quality of the riveted OEM bracelet, unlike Seiko Oris put a lot of thought, effort and quality into their bracelets. If I bought it on the rubber and wanted something more retro for it, I’d probably just stick it on a squale 20mm shark mesh and call it a day 8) 8)

heritage diver, while I've contemplated it before, doesn't really do it for, MAYBE in 36mm version because then the lugs aren't fucking so long, but an all polished finishing shouldn't be used on a diver and you can't use that inner bezel anywhere near fucking water so I don't really see the need for it, nor do I want to unscrew a fucking crown every time I want to time something; my speedy reduced can do that at the touch of button and probably a lot more accurately!!! If we’re taking vintage diver reissues, have you looked at the Rado captain cook? 37mm too small for you?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 11:26:59 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #98 on: April 30, 2020, 11:36:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
imma be honest, I don’t think the tropical OG face will age well and it's also a tad harder to match with outfits etc. hard to wear with a suit/ business attire.
Don't get me wrong, it's the OG face and thus has more history but I think there is kinda a reason why people stopped making dials that look like that. If you did get the OG dial, what color are you thinking? I had the light blue one and again, while it NAILS the look it was hard for me wear. My bet in 2020 would be on the black with bronze bezel but I guess we are yet to see how the bronze watch trend will age too (and whether or not you want green on wrist after the bronze patinas). I actually have one on watch atm for under 1 grand and I'm very very tempted for that price. The black/ super dark blue OG one is nice, and I'm guessing you're okay with the cream/ aged lume look yeah?
As per your last post, the domed sapphire crystal is AMAZEBALLS, simply fucking beautiful.

Can I throw and absolute spanner in the works if you want to rock a jubilee, and chuck the zodiac seawolf into the ring? another era specific reissue with a tonne of history. not as well known as the Oris, but very very nice watches for what you pay, I tried one on a few months back and was impressed at the quality.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSWWoFBXhuY

now, I wouldn't touch that color with a 10 foot pole but the dark navy one with the orange hands is very slick as is this one:
https://windupwatchshop.com/collections/watches/products/super-sea-wolf-53-compression?&variant=31352541511746

don't think I'm trying to talk you out of the 65, but one day this whole vintage diver trend will fade and when it does I don't want your watch to look like a tribal tattoo if that makes sense? If anyone was to make a jubilee for the 65 it would be strapcode, however I doubt they’d be able to match the quality of the riveted OEM bracelet, unlike Seiko Oris put a lot of thought, effort and quality into their bracelets.

heritage diver, while I've contemplated it before, doesn't really do it for, MAYBE in 36mm version because then the lugs aren't fucking so long, but an all polished finishing shouldn't be used on a diver and you can't use that inner bezel anywhere near fucking water so I don't really see the need for it, nor do I want to unscrew a fucking crown every time I want to time something; my speedy reduced can do that at the touch of button and probably a lot more accurately!!! If we’re taking vintage diver reissues, have you looked at the Rado captain cook? 37mm too small for you?

Thanks for the input! I'm probably not going to be biting the bullet anytime soon so this is mostly just food for thought. I'd probably just get the black dial if I got the topper dial. Not a fan of the bronze trend, I dont think its going to age well (literally lol). You're probably right in that its nowhere near as versatile as the standard dial with the round indices despite it looking quite cool. Though I pretty much never wear business or even smart attire, I pretty much only wear clothes that I skate in (or look like its something I'd skate in but slightly on the nicer end).

That zodiac seawolf is pretty sick but its a bit chunky unlike the Oris, and idk I'm not majorly into any other vintage divers besides the 65 (and mayyybee the logines legend diver). Something about rectangular indices too, just not as into it as well proportioned round ones. If the seawolf was very cheap then I'd be pretty down but when spending this much I'm definitely only going to do it on something I find perfect or almost perfect. I can appreciate the Rado but not for me. This version of the seawolf is pretty cool too, https://www.zodiacwatches.com/collections/all/products/super-sea-wolf-53-skin-zo9203 got some glycine airman vibes going on.

37 definitely not too small for me, in fact I'd probably rather opt for the 36mm oris 65 but the date window looks a little bit funky, whereas the 40mm one has the date window out of the way at the 6oclock point.

Also thinking about getting a small bertucci or a beater that I can skate in without worrying, thats something I'd be a bit less picky over... but misaligned seconds hands on cheap quartzes drive me crazy. An snk809 or something could be cool too but not sure how any automatic movement would fare tbh. Though I accidentally skated a few times in my Hamilton khaki field mechanical and it was fine.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 11:40:01 PM by tzhangdox »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #99 on: April 30, 2020, 11:41:57 PM »
Fuck it, I started an insta so it’s easy to share pics of what I’m wearing on the daily
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I have a question for all you watch nerds out there.
I really like the design of the Omega Seamaster and watches that look a like (I think they are called diving watches). Obviously I can´t pay 1000s of euros for a watch and I honestly don´t know anything about watches. I understand that there are some nice cheaper versions from the likes of Seiko or Citizen, but my problem is that my wrist is super small. I think any diving watch would just look ridicolous on it. Are there alternatives in a similar design that are just smaller or do they need to be that big because of the technology that´s in it?
[close]

seamasters come in 36mm too which is labeled as the “unisex” or boys version but is basically perfect for smaller wrists imho. But yeah, you don’t want to drop that much if you know nothing about watches (having said that, if you got one, you’d probably never need another watch).

Can you measure your wrist circumference for me? My wrist isn’t huge either so watches (or more specifically dive watches) in the 36-38mm realm are perfect for me. I can go up to around 40 depending on the lug to lug width, if it’s short you can sometimes get away with wearing something bigger. I’ll try and take some more pics to explain and give you some recommendations, please give me a measurement in the meantime.

Also, how much are you willing to spend on said watch? This will also be an important factor when coming up with options for you. Straight off my head I’m thinking Seiko SKX013 at the lower end or a Rado Captain Cook 37mm or maybe even Oris Divers 65 in 36mm once we get to entry level luxury models. A few micro brands out there too that are also coming to mind.

Also, have you considered wearing a field watch? They don’t have the bezel like a dive watch, but they are usually smaller in size. Look up the Seiko 5 SNK series, great first automatic watch and the size is absolutely perfect for small wrists. I’ll try and wear mine sometime later this week as snap a pic for ya 8)
[close]

Woah thanks for all the info and recommendations! Just measured my wrist and it´s 17cm. My budget would definitely be on the lower end, I´d say 200-400 euros. Also I have been considering buying one for some time now, but I m not sure if I d really pull the trigger. These SEIKO 5 SNKs look very nice as well.
Here’s my SNK 803
https://www.instagram.com/p/B_oqyXqjjkD/?igshid=174wjj0wjxn1s
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 12:50:52 AM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #100 on: May 01, 2020, 02:23:05 AM »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #101 on: May 01, 2020, 02:50:28 AM »
Thanks for the input! I'm probably not going to be biting the bullet anytime soon so this is mostly just food for thought. I'd probably just get the black dial if I got the topper dial. Not a fan of the bronze trend, I dont think its going to age well (literally lol). You're probably right in that its nowhere near as versatile as the standard dial with the round indices despite it looking quite cool. Though I pretty much never wear business or even smart attire, I pretty much only wear clothes that I skate in (or look like its something I'd skate in but slightly on the nicer end).
No problem whatsoever. The standard black is probably the best option there. Can I just say that sometimes the minute hand basically blocks out the minute track and therefore sometimes it was a bit weird to tell the exact time on it if that makes sense? Someone else mentioned it in a review and I didn't get it until I actually owned one. Yeah, the  bronze trend will fade, and patina ... and turn green lol

That zodiac seawolf is pretty sick but its a bit chunky unlike the Oris, and idk I'm not majorly into any other vintage divers besides the 65 (and mayyybee the logines legend diver). Something about rectangular indices too, just not as into it as well proportioned round ones. If the seawolf was very cheap then I'd be pretty down but when spending this much I'm definitely only going to do it on something I find perfect or almost perfect. I can appreciate the Rado but not for me. This version of the seawolf is pretty cool too, https://www.zodiacwatches.com/collections/all/products/super-sea-wolf-53-skin-zo9203 got some glycine airman vibes going on.
TBH I didn't find it that chunky when I tried it on, but the 65 is super thin on the wrist which is definitely a benefit. I'm the same as you then, if I can get a 65 for under a grand then, I'm down but when it creeps into Aquis territory my brain says NO! that version of the seawolf you posted actually reminds me of the 65!

37 definitely not too small for me, in fact I'd probably rather opt for the 36mm oris 65 but the date window looks a little bit funky, whereas the 40mm one has the date window out of the way at the 6oclock point.
me neither but yeah, the date placement on the 36mm 65 ruins the symmetry entirtely, 40 is the way to go without question. 

Also thinking about getting a small bertucci or a beater that I can skate in without worrying, thats something I'd be a bit less picky over... but misaligned seconds hands on cheap quartzes drive me crazy. An snk809 or something could be cool too but not sure how any automatic movement would fare tbh. Though I accidentally skated a few times in my Hamilton khaki field mechanical and it was fine.
see my SNK up there! those things are tanks. even if it obliterated, you just buy another one. Citizen eco drive divers are a good option but probably too big for a skate sesh huh? tbh Hamilton field watches probably went through harder shit back in the day tho and I'm sure someone out there has skated at least an entry level luxury watch. Shinpei Ueno is currently getting flowed through GUCCI!!!

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #102 on: May 01, 2020, 02:52:55 AM »
A college friend of mine works in watch repair now. It's very cool to see the work he does.  https://www.instagram.com/gdwatchmaking/?hl=en
I go through periods of wearing watches. I have a timex fairfield.
Here is a stock photo!
your friend does some cool shit, I just gave him a follow! Timex are great little watches, would love to own a marlin!

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #103 on: May 01, 2020, 08:01:16 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/B_o9RyLjtuk/?igshid=1vzc9xxvn13pd
yeah man. Liking this. That black is so rich! Stock strap? Problem is finding one now
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 08:09:43 AM by jay_nev »

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #104 on: May 01, 2020, 10:53:11 AM »
So here is a wristhot of my NOMOS metro 38.

When i started looking into NOMOS I was drawn to the Orion first but found it somewhat boring after a while.
Soon after I was amazed by the Metro Power reserve Model:

but after looking at it for a while the off-centered NOMOS logo threw me off. I still like the style of and the colours of the dial, and i love the mint/red combination of the power reserve. But i felt like it would weird me out after a while and wasn‘t so sure about the 6 o‘clock date.

Btw i just realised i have a thing for mint coloured watches,
I also really like the colours on the zodiac sea wolf has been postet earlier.

Also my intention was to buy a dress watch so i liked how the hand winding version looked slimmer. I didn‘t need date on a dresser anywas so i stuck with the (also more affordable) hand winding version.
I like how the dial looks cleaner and less chaotic.

I have different straps for it but mostly keep it on the black horween cordovan horse leather strap it comes with.
As far as i know its very fine leather from a horse butt. It feels great.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 09:11:47 AM by pica »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #105 on: May 01, 2020, 04:03:07 PM »
Nomas are so fucking clean. What size is that one? For some reason they wear quite big one me, must be the longish lugs. That mint on the one you posted with the power reserve really pops, what’s the model number?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #106 on: May 01, 2020, 04:40:37 PM »
yeah man. Liking this. That black is so rich! Stock strap? Problem is finding one now
Not that I don’t like matte black dials, but the inky black is so deep on this one, makes those indices pop. Stock strap, people hate on it but I actually like the vibe. Goes well with natos too!

pica

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #107 on: May 01, 2020, 10:04:47 PM »
Nomas are so fucking clean. What size is that one? For some reason they wear quite big one me, must be the longish lugs. That mint on the one you posted with the power reserve really pops, what’s the model number?

It‘s 38,5mm.
The mint one is the Metro „datum gangreserve“ reference is 1101 just realised that‘s a hand winding model as well. The automatic model is called the metro neomatik
Since the lugs are ling but also thin it looks alright for me.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 10:13:29 PM by pica »

pica

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #108 on: May 02, 2020, 12:27:50 AM »

This is my russian hand winding sputnik watch.
As far as i know it was produced by various manufacturers throughout the whole UDSSR in the 1950‘ies. Mine seems to be an ukrainian production. The hands are definitly aftermarket ones as the original second hand comes with a small red dot symbolizing the sattelite going around the earth. I found that out after i bought it, would have looked for one with the original hands instead for sure since that‘s the whole idea of the dial. I keep it on the nato most of the time.

It just got re-released to celebrate the sputnik anniversary in a limited edition by sturmanskie.

Also for people looking for affordable automatic divers let me throw russian watches like the vostok amphibia (there is an amazing version with a mint/teal coloured dial) or the komandirskie in the mix.
You can buy them new for around 80 dollars.

A bit clunky (it’s a russian military watch what’d you expect) but you get great value for money and those things are work horses.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 12:51:37 PM by pica »

Zephyr-Cum

• DIE
« Reply #109 on: May 04, 2020, 03:31:28 PM »
"Pierre Arden Ambassador Scout".

A dick that goes around spamming about Pierre Arden.

Seriously, you guys are supporting the gayest of industries. You have small dicks. You have no real self-esteem. A dumb watch doesn't impress anyone. Except the sort of people you wouldn't want to impress in the first place.

Fully back watches for practical purposes, though.

"Shalom".

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2020, 03:35:01 PM »

This is my russian hand winding sputnik watch.
As far as i know it was produced by various manufacturers throughout the whole UDSSR in the 1950‘ies. Mine seems to be an ukrainian production. The hands are definitly aftermarket ones as the original second hand comes with a small red dot symbolizing the sattelite going around the earth. I found that out after i bought it, would have looked for one with the original hands instead for sure since that‘s the whole idea of the dial. I keep it on the nato most of the time.

It just got re-released to celebrate the sputnik anniversary in a limited edition by sturmanskie.

Not too into most of the vostoks but this is so sick.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #111 on: May 04, 2020, 08:36:02 PM »
Yeah, I’m not well versed in Vostock either but I like that!
https://www.instagram.com/p/B_yozMQjfaV/?igshid=1jyyg659ly4f9

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #112 on: May 04, 2020, 09:44:49 PM »
Seriously, you guys are supporting the gayest of industries. You have small dicks. You have no real self-esteem. A dumb watch doesn't impress anyone. Except the sort of people you wouldn't want to impress in the first place.

while I'm well aware that I'm probably conversing with a troll, I think you're projecting a bit too much here; remember you are the one coming into the thread you have absolutely no interest in with the purpose of attracting attention, that in itself screams self-esteem issues but I will play your game... what exactly makes the watch industry "gay"?

So you fully back watches for practical purposes? How do you know I/ we don't use our watches for practical purposes?

TooOldToCare

• Rep: -53
« Reply #113 on: May 04, 2020, 10:20:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

while I'm well aware that I'm probably conversing with a troll, I think you're projecting a bit too much here; remember you are the one coming into the thread you have absolutely no interest in with the purpose of attracting attention, that in itself screams self-esteem issues but I will play your game... what exactly makes the watch industry "gay"?

So you fully back watches for practical purposes? How do you know I/ we don't use our watches for practical purposes?

Dude I dont even know how to tell time I just show my watch to random people and ask them to tell me what it says.  Maybe I should go digital so Ill know what time it is.

Zephyr-Cum

• DIE
« Reply #114 on: May 04, 2020, 10:21:22 PM »
Something about watches bothers me. Often times they are expensive. This can be justified by many things. Metals. Like Gay Imp Sausage Metal, as an example. Very valuable. Or Gold. The sort of thing you buy from a crooked jeweler to launder drug money. Diamonds. Bling. Again, nothing inherently wrong with any of these things beyond common decency.

As for "gayest of industries"; forgive the imposition. I'm reminded more of the boy's club, secret handshake, bro-mance form of gay. Cult-like behavior. My first post was about Russian Mobsters exchanging expensive watches for political favors. It could be any mobster, really, and the point stands.

It's just obvious you are very interested in watches. Like you've been waiting your whole life just to talk about watches. 

"Shalom".

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #115 on: May 04, 2020, 11:12:33 PM »
I mean, if I wasn’t interested in watches then I know what thread I WOULDN’T come into. It’s not like I’m in the trucks thread pushing my watch agenda on everyone in there.

Yes, I like watches, not enough to post on watch forums, but enough that if I find other skaters who want to talk about them too then I’m going to be excited about that.

Your opinions are exactly that, just your opinions. I just don’t get why you’d constantly come back in this thread, a thread you have no interest in, other than to seek some attention that you’re not getting in other areas of your life. I don’t go into the baseball thread or whatever because I don’t give two shits about baseball. Again, it’s a crazy concept to grasp I’m sure🤪

pica

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #116 on: May 04, 2020, 11:27:11 PM »
Yeah, I’m not well versed in Vostock either but I like that!
https://www.instagram.com/p/B_yozMQjfaV/?igshid=1jyyg659ly4f9

I also thought thats a grand seiko for a second while scrolling down.
How are the seiko prices in japan? Most
Seiko 5s are in betweeen 100 and 140 euros...
I‘m still thinking about buying the Hodinkee one (SNKL23)
But they go for 180 already and i think thats way too much.

Also zephyr just shoot me a pm if you want me to
Send you more watch pictures.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 11:44:29 PM by pica »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #117 on: May 04, 2020, 11:45:49 PM »
Prices here are ... well they are the set prices from the manufacturer so I don’t find them too expensive. Having said that, a lot of Seikos that get love in the watch world are export models and thus it’s hard to find them domestically, or if you do they are overpriced because they are. It available domestically if that makes sense?
Case in point, my SNK 803 goes for anywhere From $80 -$300 lol aren’t they like $50 on Amazon? $180 is kinda ridics unless it’s heavily modded and/ or has regulated movement.

I got my SARB035 for less than retail here because it was dead stock, funny that the prices have only gone up overseas since it was discontinued.

pica

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #118 on: May 04, 2020, 11:55:31 PM »
Prices here are ... well they are the set prices from the manufacturer so I don’t find them too expensive. Having said that, a lot of Seikos that get love in the watch world are export models and thus it’s hard to find them domestically, or if you do they are overpriced because they are. It available domestically if that makes sense?
Case in point, my SNK 803 goes for anywhere From $80 -$300 lol aren’t they like $50 on Amazon? $180 is kinda ridics unless it’s heavily modded and/ or has regulated movement.

I got my SARB035 for less than retail here because it was dead stock, funny that the prices have only gone up overseas since it was discontinued.
The snk80 models are around 120 euros in europe still affordable and I‘d love to build a little 3-4 watches seiko 5 collection but don’t want to feel ripped off.

On the other hand 130 is fair for what you get if you buy any automatic seiko model.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 12:02:51 AM by pica »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #119 on: May 05, 2020, 12:16:42 AM »
If you sent me 100 euros I couldn’t probably buy one here and ship it to you for that much. What are the important taxes like where you live?