Author Topic: Watches  (Read 45249 times)

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
Re: Watches
« Reply #150 on: May 12, 2020, 04:31:15 PM »
https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/hamilton-khaki-field-titanium-introducing

New Hamilton Khaki Field Titanium, really into the dial one this one. Display caseback and nice case design too. Titanium is a nice bonus. Dunno why they decided to make it 42mm (with a lug to lug of 51 or 52 I think) and etch that giant TITANIUM on the side... not cool.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #151 on: May 12, 2020, 04:34:13 PM »
Hamilton absolutely nailed it with this:
http://youtu.be/RwuvyrzHnBU
That titanium, not so much...  no field watch needs to be 42mm :o maybe if it was a pilots watch?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 05:53:43 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #152 on: May 19, 2020, 03:06:52 PM »
Bumps

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAU429blBtq/?igshid=1al9v0q4vuk11

Would probably make for a good beater/ skate watch, I like the grey one

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #153 on: May 19, 2020, 03:48:41 PM »
Oooh the grey one is sick. Similar proportions to the skx but seems like lug to lug is smaller by 2mm. I think it would be a bit better if it was 38mm ish and a little bit thinner also, but still looks good.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #154 on: May 19, 2020, 04:30:04 PM »
Oooh the grey one is sick. Similar proportions to the skx but seems like lug to lug is smaller by 2mm. I think it would be a bit better if it was 38mm ish and a little bit thinner also, but still looks good.
they actually wear really small, like sub 40mm small. Have you ever tried on one of these and/ or seen them in the wild? Pretty sure it’s the same case and dimensions. The “tuna can” part of the case easily sticks out more than 1mm on each side of the bezel so it will wear very well on small wrists.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1Kxd7znJQb/?igshid=1g8dvknr3x44c

« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 04:36:36 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #155 on: May 19, 2020, 04:48:46 PM »
oooh never seen one in the wild, i see, the casing is included in the diameter so probably would wear smaller. that sounds promising, need a side profile though. big fan of that grey, really works for some reason. Also, does that plastic case come off at all? Wonder what it looks like without that.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #156 on: May 19, 2020, 07:37:25 PM »
side profile shots here

not a fan of the round circular shape and the way it wears

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAWgZvBlqwS/

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #157 on: May 20, 2020, 03:58:28 AM »

New colareb for the air king

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #158 on: May 20, 2020, 08:21:09 PM »

smooth! Do any of your other watches even get wrist time?

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #159 on: May 21, 2020, 03:19:08 AM »
I've always admired watches, from an aesthetic and artistic viewpoint. Havn't worn one for years though. If anyone can reccomend some good watches to look in to for smaller wrists, that'd be great. Looking for something I will likely end up skating in, so not something super flashy.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #160 on: May 21, 2020, 05:05:06 AM »
I've always admired watches, from an aesthetic and artistic viewpoint. Havn't worn one for years though. If anyone can reccomend some good watches to look in to for smaller wrists, that'd be great. Looking for something I will likely end up skating in, so not something super flashy.
👊🏼
See page 5 of this thread, I gave some recommendations to user: truthislie for his smaller wrists. My wrists are a little under 6.5 inches so most of my watches are sub 40mm in diameter.

Give me your wrist size and budget and that will help me narrow it down!

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #161 on: May 21, 2020, 09:53:39 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
smooth! Do any of your other watches even get wrist time?

Hahah, yeah they do. Im gonna reactivate my first watch
a SWATCH irony now.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #162 on: May 21, 2020, 08:35:42 PM »
oooh never seen one in the wild, i see, the casing is included in the diameter so probably would wear smaller. that sounds promising, need a side profile though. big fan of that grey, really works for some reason. Also, does that plastic case come off at all? Wonder what it looks like without that.
it definitely wears smaller, think 39mm! I mean it's a tad chunky, but it's not a dress watch so you don't need to be slipping it under a cuff anyway right? Yeah, that grey just works, when Seiko nails a watch they really do a great job of it. Have only tried on the lower case Seiko solar divers so looking forward to seeing these in the shops. Looks like the price won't be too much above $500 either which puts it in solid beater territory.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #163 on: May 22, 2020, 02:18:41 AM »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #164 on: May 28, 2020, 04:50:27 PM »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #165 on: June 09, 2020, 08:22:55 PM »
So I sold my speedy reduced... made $300 on it and they're fairly easy to come by here in Japan.
Have one of these on order too atm: 62MAS reissue/ homage with 70 hours power reserve and a 40.5 case which is small for Seiko divers.
Not sure if I'll keep it or bounce (will depend on the fit) but if I do keep it, I'm looking only having one diver in my collection #famouslastwords meaning I'll have to get rid of the citizen, the Lorier and the aquis! This better be one sexy watch...
https://www.instagram.com/p/B-cQrz0HBue/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #166 on: June 09, 2020, 08:30:41 PM »
How did I not know this was here! While I don’t have any decent pieces I’ve been eyeing the Hamilton titanium khaki. Was about to pull the trigger on a nomos when all this covid shit happened and instead I opted to use my savings to save home with the family more but I’ll be checking this more and going back to see what everyone has

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #167 on: June 09, 2020, 08:57:21 PM »
I love the casio F-91W, have a few. I never thought I would like an apple watch but I love it. I use a lot of reminders in my day to day and timers and shit, so I always use it for that or for my airpods because I listen to podcasts all day. I would never buy an apple computer but I love the watch and airpods. Airpods really are the shit for around the house or at work even if you think they look goofy. You can get like a couple hours charge in like 10 minutes of charging, it's insane.

I dropped and cracked the screen on my fucking watch like a week ago though, gotta send it to some dude to fix.

Also that shit does actually motivate me to get up and get out and stuff because I have mine set to see a bunch of data on the screen, not imitate a regular watch.

The casios are dope because they are like 20 bucks tops and super thin.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 08:59:06 PM by 50mm »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #168 on: June 10, 2020, 02:17:24 AM »
Esmith> not sure how you missed it but I was actually unaware of it for the first few days too! Best thread on slap for me in a minute though. Bummer about the Nomos. They aren’t going anywhere as a brand though so you can always pic one up down the line. What model were you looking at? 

50mm> I agree, great iconic watches for the price and you can pick one of for less than a trip to the grocery store. My only digital watch is a g-shock, I’ll do a quick write up on it soon!
Not really into apple watches myself but I can see why they get love if you use of the functions. Im connected enough to with my phone though for the moment. Some watch nerds will rock both, an Apple Watch for tech stuff and an analog/ automatic just for telling the time. Would make a lot of sense too if your automatic watch was a time only/ simple three hander.

One of my coworkers noticed my Seiko 5 SNK today and said it looked really cool on a Nato. I told him it was a seiko 5 and he couldn’t believe such a cheap watch could look so good. It’s funny what watches get compliments from non-watch nerds. I used to wear my speedy reduced to work nearly everyday and no one even batted an eyelid.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #169 on: June 10, 2020, 04:42:01 AM »
Gism- was looking at the tangente and the Zurich although that was probably priced out of my range. I generally like the sports/dive watches better but I saw one in the metal last year and really liked it.

Thankfully there’s still brands like Hamilton where you get get a ton of value for their price point. Really didn’t pick up an interest in watches until maybe two years ago.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #170 on: June 10, 2020, 05:40:08 AM »

Thanks GISM for the guidance. First auto diver. Loving it. First swim yesterday in the lake in the background.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #171 on: June 10, 2020, 06:31:19 AM »
↑ that is one sexy ass watch! Fits you perfectly and that strap is 🔥🔥🔥
Fuck yes👊🏼

pica

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #172 on: June 10, 2020, 08:04:55 AM »
Gism- was looking at the tangente and the Zurich although that was probably priced out of my range. I generally like the sports/dive watches better but I saw one in the metal last year and really liked it.

Thankfully there’s still brands like Hamilton where you get get a ton of value for their price point. Really didn’t pick up an interest in watches until maybe two years ago.

If you like the tangente check out the stowa antea.
Might be a good affordable alternative for you. Also they came up first with that iconic dial.

https://gearpatrol.com/2013/10/29/want-get-nomos-tangente-stowa-antea-ks/

« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 09:20:13 AM by pica »

shucknjive

• Rep: -39
« Reply #173 on: June 10, 2020, 08:35:31 AM »
mArLeY

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #174 on: June 10, 2020, 06:56:33 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

If you like the tangente check out the stowa antea.
Might be a good affordable alternative for you. Also they came up first with that iconic dial.

https://gearpatrol.com/2013/10/29/want-get-nomos-tangente-stowa-antea-ks/

I’ve never seen that, thank you for the link. Going to look into that one in the morning but that’s super sick.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #175 on: June 10, 2020, 11:32:49 PM »
Stowa make good watches, whether it’ll scratch your Nomos itch is another story though. Try the Nomos on in person if you can, their watches wear big due to being all face and having long lugs.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #176 on: June 11, 2020, 03:07:06 AM »
Stowa make good watches, whether it’ll scratch your Nomos itch is another story though. Try the Nomos on in person if you can, their watches wear big due to being all face and having long lugs.
I had planned on finding one locally at an AD to try on before all this lockdown shit happened. Unfortunately that time down has had me get interested in far too many different watches.

pica

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #177 on: June 12, 2020, 11:10:01 AM »
Seiko just nailed it with this one:

New grand seiko SBGA429
That thing is a beauty...

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #178 on: June 12, 2020, 11:12:20 AM »
Seiko just nailed it with this one:

New grand seiko SBGA429
That thing is a beauty...
I just saw that, I think HODINKEE has 2 variants

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #179 on: June 12, 2020, 03:44:01 PM »
What are dimensions? Automatic GS always run too thicc for me. Still lusting after a Sbgv245 but it’s 40mm and I don’t think I’m at the point in my career where I can rock a GS, even though that sounds stupid. Like esmith too, I have way too many watches on my radar/ watch list on Yahoo Japan.