Author Topic: Watches  (Read 45524 times)

toe_knee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Get bent
Re: Watches
« Reply #300 on: November 05, 2020, 07:13:46 AM »
I wanna be apart of this subsection of slap.......I’m gonna go buy a watch
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #301 on: November 05, 2020, 12:05:16 PM »

What are you looking for? Whats your budget?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #302 on: November 05, 2020, 03:57:56 PM »

come, come to the dark side!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Get bent
« Reply #303 on: November 05, 2020, 05:47:23 PM »
I’d probably be willing to spend 2 bills on a watch I really dig, I have a Casio beater I usually wear and a god awful gshock my chick got me one year
You want some queso?”

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #304 on: November 06, 2020, 04:00:54 AM »
2 bills = $200 usd?

What’s your wrist size, and what style of watches do you like?

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Get bent
« Reply #305 on: November 06, 2020, 06:05:58 AM »
2 bills = $200 usd?

Oh yea sorry 200 usd, I really like the simplistic ones that were being posted earlier in the thread, like that Russian on and the military style ones, and I haven’t the slightest how big my wrist it, I just measured it with this tape I have....like 8inches or some shit iono
You want some queso?”

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #306 on: November 06, 2020, 08:14:45 AM »
Sound like you want a field watch.
If your wrist is 8 inches, you’ll be able to rock a lot of different sizes but anything below 40mm might look a tad small. For your budget with military styling, can I suggest the Seiko 5 SNZG series? They come in 3 (4?) different colors but I’d go either for black or the ivory dial. They go well with a lot of straps and you should be able to pick up one for around $150 ish! $50 left over to pick up some straps.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bf0B7tvFERt/?igshid=187pc7f3yyltb

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEglNX8Hlgn/?igshid=q9iwtczu95kg

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDJ-hOYnT9S/?igshid=clkezgi9pi0l

They have a see through case back and 100m water resistance, will make a great everyday watch that you can dress up/ down depending on what you’re wearing. Chuck it on a brown leather strap and you can wear it to work/ for business casual. Put it back on the Nato for everything else. Great first automatic watch 8)

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #307 on: November 06, 2020, 12:33:43 PM »
Expand Quote
2 bills = $200 usd?

[close]

Oh yea sorry 200 usd, I really like the simplistic ones that were being posted earlier in the thread, like that Russian on and the military style ones, and I haven’t the slightest how big my wrist it, I just measured it with this tape I have....like 8inches or some shit iono

The „russian one“ runs pretty small, as most vintage watches do.

But it got rereleased quite recently in a bigger version (40mm)

Its handwinding comes in a few differen dial/case combinations and is around 200-300 bucks.

You can find it on ebay and many watch sites (also amazon i think).

Its the „Sturmanskie sputnik heritage“

The strap looks terrible though.

http://www.instagram.com/p/BoOaZYcng-x/?igshid=1fltvrkjx04s

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Get bent
« Reply #308 on: November 07, 2020, 05:16:11 AM »
Wow thanks guys, that’s exactly what I was looking for, I’ll definitely let you guys know what I get!!
You want some queso?”

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #309 on: November 07, 2020, 07:41:35 AM »
Wow thanks guys, that’s exactly what I was looking for, I’ll definitely let you guys know what I get!!
see if you can go and try on a lot of watches to start to get an idea of sizes. The seiko I listed is 41.5mm which shouldn't look big on your wrist if it's 8". There is the smaller SNK series too at 37mm which I love, but you may find it too small.
Also, try and read/ watch lots of reviews to get a balanced overview of the watch you're thinking of buying; each watch, no matter the price range, will have negatives, you should be aware of them all before you buy.

https://www.thewatchhand.com/reviews/seiko-snzg15-never-forget-first/
https://wornandwound.com/review/seiko-5-snzg-review/
http://romeoswatches.com/the-seiko-snzg07-09-11-13-15-17-review/
https://www.watchreviewblog.com/seiko-snzg15-seiko-5-automatic-watch-review/

The SNZG seikos I listed don't have hand-wind or hacking functions and the crystal is Seiko hardlex, not sapphire. Neither of these are really deal breakers, especially for under $200, but things you should at least be aware of before purchasing. Do keep us posted!

pica

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #310 on: November 07, 2020, 01:14:04 PM »
Although the sturmanskie is a fun watch i‘d also suggest you to get a SEIKO as your first watch.
 its more of a an everyday watch, has day and date and i prefer automatic. Also if you might want to look at orient watches. They are in your budget yet they run pretty big.

Acky Jacky

« Reply #311 on: November 08, 2020, 04:48:49 PM »
I won this watch a year or so ago via a trivia/contest from The Bunt Live. https://chpobrand.com/product/nando-betong.

I guess it’s kind of a cheapo watch, but it looks nice. It’s not very comfortable. Ignorant question, are watches ever comfortable? I believe I have mild carpal tunnel syndrome which doesn’t help.

I couldn't be a hand model.  :'(

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #312 on: November 08, 2020, 05:02:02 PM »
Not overly big by modern-day standards, but it is taking up quite a lot of real estate on your wrist (at least in my worthless  “less is more in the world of watches!” opinion) hence why you might fell like it gets in the way.
Design is nice and simple though and milanese bands are trending at the moment  so you’re defs in vogue!

Acky Jacky

« Reply #313 on: November 08, 2020, 05:12:13 PM »
Not overly big by modern-day standards, but it is taking up quite a lot of real estate on your wrist (at least in my worthless  “less is more in the world of watches!” opinion) hence why you might fell like it gets in the way.
Design is nice and simple though and milanese bands are trending at the moment  so you’re defs in vogue!
I tried wearing it to work last week (outdoors, brisk weather). It looks nice with a coat and gloves at least. I respect your opinion though, I’m grateful to have won it.
One of these days I may want to splurge on a new watch, but as you said, less is more, and that especially applies to saving money. I just splurged on a rice cooker. Time instruments, though, aren’t necessarily gonna improve my life at the moment. I can admire them though!

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #314 on: November 08, 2020, 05:48:50 PM »
Yeah, if you got it for free just enjoy it for what it is! Diving down the watch rabbit hole, in most cases, isn’t a cheap journey by any means and things like rice cookers and family etc should always take priority. If your financial situation changes or you get bitten by the bug, don’t forget to come back for advice.; that’s something I wish I had in the early stages of my collecting. It took me a long time (not to mention financial investment) to really figure out what I like/ want/ need in a watch.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #315 on: November 26, 2020, 04:35:31 AM »
Anything bought anything new lately?
I’ve finally started taking my seiko sbp149/ SBDC107 out but I’m kinda lusting after one of these:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CGuzlpUHq8k/?igshid=1wscyrp7lu2zp

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIDcCWor1Gb/?igshid=1gpmfyirl7chk

And I still need to bounce 3 or so watches and buy a 36mm Tudor black bay
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 07:39:04 AM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Skoldbergscones

• Rep: 3
« Reply #316 on: November 26, 2020, 08:33:44 AM »
The green dial and bezel look so good on that Seiko.  I don't own any watches with a green dial but would love an Alpinist some day.
I recently picked up a vintage style strap from Ritche. I'm really happy with it.

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #317 on: November 26, 2020, 10:46:02 AM »

I really like the look of this watch. Does anyone (GISM?) know anything about N.W.C. or Lowercase for that matter? N.W.C. seems to be a Japanese company so searching google in english doesn't work very well.

Here's the link to the post: https://hypebeast.com/2020/11/n-w-c-lowercase-military-watch-release

Or maybe there is a comprable Seiko/etc. watch? I'd like a diver on a mesh band (is that the right name for this band?). I'd prefer if it had a date on it, but it looks good clean too.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #318 on: November 26, 2020, 04:13:46 PM »
The green dial and bezel look so good on that Seiko.  I don't own any watches with a green dial but would love an Alpinist some day.
I recently picked up a vintage style strap from Ritche. I'm really happy with it.
yeah, I'm usually a sucker for anything blue but they got the green on this one just right. Alpinists don't really do anything for me but they seem to be pretty divisive; you either love them or hate them.
having said that, the new range of stripped down alpinists seems pretty cool:
https://item.rakuten.co.jp/yano-online/sbdc115/
I really like the blue one!

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #319 on: November 26, 2020, 04:21:31 PM »

I really like the look of this watch. Does anyone (GISM?) know anything about N.W.C. or Lowercase for that matter? N.W.C. seems to be a Japanese company so searching google in english doesn't work very well.

Here's the link to the post: https://hypebeast.com/2020/11/n-w-c-lowercase-military-watch-release

Or maybe there is a comprable Seiko/etc. watch? I'd like a diver on a mesh band (is that the right name for this band?). I'd prefer if it had a date on it, but it looks good clean too.
never heard of NWC but it seems like they are a homage brand here in Japan with heavy military influences. I don’t think that’s necessarily a bad thing if you like classic designs.

Lowercase do lots of collabs over here (I think they are just a design team) and have some done some great ones with Seiko and their (mini) tuna diver. Apparently they are also somehow connected to edifice?
The quartz NWC popped up on my feed this morning and it retails for for 25000 yen so I'm guessing the automatic versions will be on the higher end of that.

https://baycrews.jp/item/detail/edifice/acc/20090310230040?utm_campaign=edifice&utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=7225124612_11226173686_108774189823_468696743725_pla-61448744814_&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIz_G-1_mh7QIVxq2WCh2rsQCeEAQYAiABEgL_yPD_BwE

Seiko NH35A movement is entry level at best but it hacks/ hand winds and is tough, hence why lots of micro brands use them (and it’s still better than wha seiko uses for the SKX). Not exactly "swiss" or super accurate but hey, if you were looking to buy into the whole Swiss thing you wouldn't be in this price bracket. Looks like it has nice military vibes and they got the case size right (under 40mm). The type of bracelet is classed as Milanese, it's a little bit finer and more elegant when compared to something like chunky shark mesh aka what I have on my omega:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CGpVQp4HcSf/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
Milanese bracelets are trending hard atm though, Omega are now using them on their latest bond seamaster and Rado captain cooks (at least in 37mm) have them as stock instead of their regular beads of rice version. Not a bad looking watch if you got the cash to spend. If it’s done/ being sold through beams Japan, then the quality will be good, at least for that price range. Beams are quite picky about who they work with.

The Seiko alternative would be the 5KX, they have a black one on a Milanese.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B1TR4Q_neVT/?igshid=wtrwcx1toa1x
Case size is a little bigger tho... I think there’s also a blue version. Maybe @jay_nev has seen one/ tried one on in real life? I think he was considering one before he bought his citizen
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 09:08:11 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

beatifk

« Reply #320 on: November 27, 2020, 04:04:23 AM »
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Thanks!

So you're saying the movement in this NWC is technically better than say... the one in a SKX013 (another diver I was looking at)? What makes one movement better than another? I actually have no idea.

Is there an advantage to buying from a big brand like Seiko vs one of these smaller brands? Or vice versa?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #321 on: November 27, 2020, 03:37:29 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Thanks!

So you're saying the movement in this NWC is technically better than say... the one in a SKX013 (another diver I was looking at)? What makes one movement better than another? I actually have no idea.

Is there an advantage to buying from a big brand like Seiko vs one of these smaller brands? Or vice versa?
in terms of accuracy you won’t see too much difference between these movements, especially not in this price range. The SKX013’s downfall, or should I say its movements downfall, is the inability to hack and hand wind.
Hacking means that the second hand stops when you’re setting the time, if it doesn’t hack the second hand will continue to move even when you’re trying to set the time. Not really the be all and end all of automatic watches but it is a handy function. Hand winding on the other hand is a bit of a deal breaker for me because it means you can’t manually wind the movement to keep it charged, you need to shake it (or give it the seiko shuffle). Not so much of a problem if you’re quite active (your natural movements will charge the watch throughout the day) but kinda annoying if you work at a desk... at least I’m my opinion. Other than that I think the SKX013 is a very solid watch and it will certainly last you a long time with little/ no maintenance. I just think the prices are a little inflated these days now that has been discontinued and especially since it essentially has the same movement as a $80 seiko 5. Don’t get me wrong though, it’s other specs and its legendary status in the watch world aren’t to be taken lightly.

As for micro brand vs well-established brand, this will really come down to personal preference. At this very moment I’m wearing a Nodus so I dig micro brands too but the main drawback is going to be parts. Sure, any watchmaker could replace the movement in a NWC if it breaks, but what happens if they disappear and in 5 years time you need a new bracelet? Even in a zombie apocalypse, you could still get parts for the SKX!!!

Quality is another issue too and unless the micro brand is well established, it’s hard to judge the quality at least in the long term.

Personally I think it would be better to build your collection around 1 solid watch that can hold its own (like the SKX) and then have other watches that compliment that one watch of that makes sense?

An SKX013 with a few different strap options could easily be a one watch collection and any watch nerd worth his weight will be able to recognize the significance of the watch you are wearing. Not that that really matters in the scheme of things (wear what you love) but the SKX, despite its high prices these days, gets love for a reason. NWC I don’t know too much about, but they seem like they have heavy homage vibes. I don’t hate homage watches, but they are trying to be something they are not, for better or for worse. You have to make up your mind how you feel about that; if you like the look and can’t afford vintage (and for something like a real Rolex milsub that =100k), then they are definitely the way to go.

I also want your watch to last the test of time which is why I kept harping on at @jay_nev tp get a citizen NY0040, he wanted something classic that would still look good in 10 or 20 years and that watch will 100% fulfill that role imho... and it will look awesome when it’s all beat up and old!

I’ll let you digest that wall of text for a second, do let me know if you need anything else.

beatifk

« Reply #322 on: November 28, 2020, 02:45:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Thanks!

[close]
in terms of accuracy you won’t see too much difference between these movements, especially not in this price range. The SKX013’s downfall, or should I say its movements downfall, is the inability to hack and hand wind.
Hacking means that the second hand stops when you’re setting the time, if it doesn’t hack the second hand will continue to move even when you’re trying to set the time. Not really the be all and end all of automatic watches but it is a handy function. Hand winding on the other hand is a bit of a deal breaker for me because it means you can’t manually wind the movement to keep it charged, you need to shake it (or give it the seiko shuffle). Not so much of a problem if you’re quite active (your natural movements will charge the watch throughout the day) but kinda annoying if you work at a desk... at least I’m my opinion. Other than that I think the SKX013 is a very solid watch and it will certainly last you a long time with little/ no maintenance. I just think the prices are a little inflated these days now that has been discontinued and especially since it essentially has the same movement as a $80 seiko 5. Don’t get me wrong though, it’s other specs and its legendary status in the watch world aren’t to be taken lightly.

As for micro brand vs well-established brand, this will really come down to personal preference. At this very moment I’m wearing a Nodus so I dig micro brands too but the main drawback is going to be parts. Sure, any watchmaker could replace the movement in a NWC if it breaks, but what happens if they disappear and in 5 years time you need a new bracelet? Even in a zombie apocalypse, you could still get parts for the SKX!!!

Quality is another issue too and unless the micro brand is well established, it’s hard to judge the quality at least in the long term.

Personally I think it would be better to build your collection around 1 solid watch that can hold its own (like the SKX) and then have other watches that compliment that one watch of that makes sense?

An SKX013 with a few different strap options could easily be a one watch collection and any watch nerd worth his weight will be able to recognize the significance of the watch you are wearing. Not that that really matters in the scheme of things (wear what you love) but the SKX, despite its high prices these days, gets love for a reason. NWC I don’t know too much about, but they seem like they have heavy homage vibes. I don’t hate homage watches, but they are trying to be something they are not, for better or for worse. You have to make up your mind how you feel about that; if you like the look and can’t afford vintage (and for something like a real Rolex milsub that =100k), then they are definitely the way to go.

I also want your watch to last the test of time which is why I kept harping on at @jay_nev tp get a citizen NY0040, he wanted something classic that would still look good in 10 or 20 years and that watch will 100% fulfill that role imho... and it will look awesome when it’s all beat up and old!

I’ll let you digest that wall of text for a second, do let me know if you need anything else.

Good and useful info, thanks!

This would actually be my 3rd watch, so I'm not looking for some catch-all, but rather something to round out my collection... see below:

Here's my "collection" haha:

The Hamilton is for when I need to wear a shirt with sleeves and the Weekender is for everything else.

Eventually I want to get a Cartier Santos, either the all gold version or the steel with gold accents, I haven't had a chance to try them on yet, because I won't be able to afford either one for a while.

Anyway, yes, I'll let all this info seep in, thanks again, it's quite helpful. I think I this point, I may just stay happy with what I already have and shoot for something in the next level up like the Cartier. I do like the look of a diver, though, so, I'll probably get one eventually, but I may think on it a bit longer or maybe consider it as my 4th watch. And when I do that I will definitely look at a milanese watchband (or even the heavier mesh you mentioned) because it's a good combo in my eyes.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #323 on: November 28, 2020, 04:00:16 AM »
Cool, sorry didn’t realize it was the same poster. The hammy is the solid pillar in your collection so you can go either way with the diver; well established brand or micro, maybe even add some color (I have a thing for blue divers) in too? Milanese and/ or shark mesh are pretty easy to pick up after market too, but you’re right, it makes for a killer combo! Do let me know if you need any other help and good luck on stacking chips for the Cartier!

I tried on a LOT of watches today, might chuck some first impressions up next week, but I will say that I’m now considering a Nomos and may have even found a bronze watch that I like...

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #324 on: December 01, 2020, 07:26:57 PM »
watches tried on on my recent trip away with the fam:
tried on the black version of this...
https://www.instagram.com/p/CCpzK8oH1js/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
wish they had the green. it didn't wear overly big but not tiny either, def has presence though. I'll hold out on my final decision until I see the green. The bracelet is too chunky for me anyway!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHB8REzDJDV/
tried on the green and black/ grey versions. the alpinist has never done much for me (despite me liking green watches) but this version is a lot better imho AND they got the dimensions right at 37.5mm (PLUS a black date wheel). tis a nice watch, just not what I'm looking for atm...
explorer vibes with 200m wr for under a grand is pretty epic tho

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHjYeYjHgfH/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
this was just for shits in giggles (although if it was really nice I was considering bouncing my collection and dropping 5k). it's thicker than my SBDC107 and at face value you can't really tell the difference between them. Sure it has a high-beat GS movement but the finishing wasn't *that* great in the scheme of things... maybe I'm missing something but didn't seem worth the price of admission.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CC9ilFUp76j/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
have you ever tried on a marine master? I certainly haven't so again for shits and giggles (and plus it's 1.5k cheaper than SBDX I posted up there). this thing is ridics, 15mm thickness makes it feel like your wearing a UFO on your wrist, rest of the dimensions are pretty manageable but I don't see the appeal here...

this was just the first shop I went to, bit of a Seiko binge, the willard in green is still enticing me
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 07:35:49 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #325 on: December 02, 2020, 08:19:53 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/B7WVZ7EB-O-/?igshid=iib66r1z7s8o
This in 36mm on the bracelet. Case size was fine but the bracelet tapers too much and makes it feel dainty. Bracelet is also too polished for me liking.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_K_3qIH9Lz/?igshid=qk4nnbrved81
The 40mm version in what is probably the best colour there is. Again, not a fan of the bracelet but this looks better on leather anyway. Wears like a 39mm imho and you know what? Pilot watches are supposed to be large. Has 20 mm lug width too which means it would take a lot of straps. I honestly think this could be the pick of the bunch. The shop clerk kept telling me it was the perfect fit and was surprised that I thought 40mm was big.

FF to this:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B7trZADC0Tv/?igshid=npnzxk9e3r0p
I always was attracted to the steel version of this colour of the 36mm even though I’ve never seen one in real life, I got half lucky and got to see the bronze version. Now I’ll be the first to hate in bronze watches but this thing is gorgeous!!! Why oh why does it have to have 17mm lugs? If it has 18mm I probably would have bought it then and there ... despite the fact the the case will look like an old coin in 5 years time. I’m still really keen to see the steal version of this colour!

Which then brought me to this:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CEhGkhDn2aU/?igshid=6ai1a9g7wwif
35mm dial with 18mm lugs. Never really seen a Nomos in real life either but this one piqued my interest in the brand. Hand wound with a display caseback and super thin, this would make for a great daily wearer and will be super versatile in terms of strap options. So now I’m tossing up between this and the Oris BCPD in 36mm but the Nomos is kinda in the lead because of its functionality and versatility.
The dial doesn’t even look that special in this pic but in real life the orange and the pink really pop off of the grey, hard to pinpoint it but it has what watch nerds call the call x-factor!

Still need to see the green Willard Seiko in the flesh and also need to bounce like 3k worth of my current collection to fund said purchases... (and still lusting after a Tudor BB 36 for my birthday)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 12:21:35 AM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

beatifk

« Reply #326 on: December 03, 2020, 12:03:05 AM »
That last Nomos is dope. I really like the half arabic numbers/half roman numerals on the face, that's a cool touch. Is that common?

But 35mm seems tiny, even though I prefer a tiny watch it just doesn't seem like a "standard" size, but I guess that's part of the appeal of it.

What is the price on those? Just out of curiosity.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #327 on: December 03, 2020, 12:18:15 AM »
That last Nomos is dope. I really like the half arabic numbers/half roman numerals on the face, that's a cool touch. Is that common?

But 35mm seems tiny, even though I prefer a tiny watch it just doesn't seem like a "standard" size, but I guess that's part of the appeal of it.

What is the price on those? Just out of curiosity.
pics don’t do the Nomos justice! That type of dial is a called a (reverse) California style dial. I think Rolex used to use it sometimes back In the day.

You would think 35mm is small but a) it doesn’t have a bezel like a dive watch so it’s all face
b) Nomos are notorious for their long lugs so it still takes up a lot of wrist real estate.

Also be aware that even into the 50s 60s, 34mm was considered to be a masculine size watch, 37mm dive watches were scoffed at for their ridiculous size.
The Nomos club campus rentals for just under 2k but I think you can get them on the grey market for a lot cheaper, also the ones that don’t have a open exhibition caseback are $300 cheaper, BUT their movements are in-house so you really want to show them off.

Also, Nomos make the same watch in 35, 38, 41 and 43mm which means there’s an option for everyone. They do tend to wear big for their dimensions though due to the long lugs I mentioned.

Bonus round:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CIR15arniZ8/?igshid=wa3vo8dj7dt4
Too big and I already owned a 65 a long time ago but I like Japanese denim. Of these had 200m wr and were 37 - 38, I’d be all over them. They offer a 36 version but I don’t like the date window!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4PrYxvHKw3/?igshid=13tapueqpe9oc
This really ticks a lot of boxes for me; great size (36mm), good power reserve (80 hours), hand wound, military history, price isn’t ridics.
The mineral crystal is a bummer tho, if they made it plexi, you could just buff the scratches out (like the OGversion) but no, they had to make it Mineral which basically means you have to put up with scratches ... sheesh they could have just done sapphire

pica

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #328 on: December 03, 2020, 12:55:24 AM »
The nomos club campus starts at 900 euros on chrono24

I just bought a nomos orion 33 Duo for my wife, regular prce is 1200, paid 850 through chrono.
the quality is amazing.

Also a timex Q for myself is on the way.

Yushin Okami

• Rep: 115
« Reply #329 on: December 03, 2020, 08:16:35 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHB8REzDJDV/
tried on the green and black/ grey versions. the alpinist has never done much for me (despite me liking green watches) but this version is a lot better imho AND they got the dimensions right at 37.5mm (PLUS a black date wheel). tis a nice watch, just not what I'm looking for atm...
explorer vibes with 200m wr for under a grand is pretty epic tho

I really like this version, and one I may pick-up. I don't know much about watches and only have one my dad gifted me a few years ago (a watch of his he didn't feel he wore enough). It's too dressy for everyday use, but that Seiko is great. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!
We all know you have two sexy anthropomorphic wolves who buttfuck each other on the bottom of your board.