Author Topic: Watches  (Read 45885 times)

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
Re: Watches
« Reply #840 on: January 12, 2023, 04:55:15 AM »
Omega / Pulsar Time Computer.  Fuckin' llove em.

Hamilton also does one too no?
The omega one would be cool to own, if not just for bragging rights.

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #841 on: January 12, 2023, 10:52:46 PM »
Just got a new one piece nato from ADPT straps:

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 644
« Reply #842 on: January 13, 2023, 02:41:59 PM »
I don't know much about watches and haven't regularly worn one in awhile, but for Christmas my partner got me this vintage Seiko watch that I was super stoked on. It kept stopping irregularly so I was convinced the battery was almost dead right? I took it in to get the battery replaced today and the guy took one look at the back, and then proceeded to give me a detailed explanation on how automatic watches work and how to properly set the time on this one. Tbh I had no idea that automatic watches were even a thing until now so damn do I feel dumb!

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #843 on: January 13, 2023, 03:35:01 PM »
I don't know much about watches and haven't regularly worn one in awhile, but for Christmas my partner got me this vintage Seiko watch that I was super stoked on. It kept stopping irregularly so I was convinced the battery was almost dead right? I took it in to get the battery replaced today and the guy took one look at the back, and then proceeded to give me a detailed explanation on how automatic watches work and how to properly set the time on this one. Tbh I had no idea that automatic watches were even a thing until now so damn do I feel dumb!

don’t worry, it’s a common mistake in the beginning because must of us grew up during the quartz days. Nice Seiko 5, that’s a great looking field watch, but a few straps for it and it will be super versatile!

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #844 on: January 26, 2023, 02:19:38 AM »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #845 on: January 26, 2023, 05:03:35 PM »
☝️I’d rock that, but not really sure of the function, does the second only tick every few seconds? That ad was honestly confusing…

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #846 on: February 02, 2023, 12:23:59 AM »
It‘s been 5 months with the explorer now and i couldn‘t be happier… don‘t crave any other watch.

Yet that new seiko alpinist edition

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #847 on: February 03, 2023, 02:20:21 PM »
It‘s been 5 months with the explorer now and i couldn‘t be happier… don‘t crave any other watch.

Yet that new seiko alpinist edition

I feel the same with my Tudor sub! The alpinist has never really done anything for be to honest, I actually think they are quite fugly … (except for those mini alpinists with the fume dial)

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #848 on: February 08, 2023, 04:35:36 PM »
I see you're a fan of Seiko, that's a classic brand that always delivers on quality and affordability. Congrats on your Seiko 5 SNXS79K, it sounds like it's quickly becoming your go-to watch.
AI bot or fellow watch nerd?

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #849 on: February 09, 2023, 09:34:08 AM »
I‘think there is an impostor among us.

I see you're a fan of Seiko, that's a classic brand that always delivers on quality and affordability. Congrats on your Seiko 5 SNXS79K, it sounds like it's quickly becoming your go-to watch. And the idea of adding a vintage Air King to the collection is super cool, I'm sure it'll be a great addition. And yeah, watching channels on YouTube are a great way to learn about different brands and styles, and the Urbangentry and Time Teller are some of the best. So, what's on your wrist today? I'd love to hear more about your collection and what you're looking to add next. Check out some cool replicas at https://www.hontreplicawatch.me. Some of them are really cool.

How high can you ollie bra?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #850 on: February 09, 2023, 01:59:10 PM »
I‘think there is an impostor among us.

Expand Quote
I see you're a fan of Seiko, that's a classic brand that always delivers on quality and affordability. Congrats on your Seiko 5 SNXS79K, it sounds like it's quickly becoming your go-to watch. And the idea of adding a vintage Air King to the collection is super cool, I'm sure it'll be a great addition. And yeah, watching channels on YouTube are a great way to learn about different brands and styles, and the Urbangentry and Time Teller are some of the best. So, what's on your wrist today? I'd love to hear more about your collection and what you're looking to add next. Check out some cool replicas at https://www.hontreplicawatch.me. Some of them are really cool.
[close]

How high can you ollie bra?
what’s your preferred lug to lug?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #851 on: February 09, 2023, 09:35:32 PM »
Here’s my spam:

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #852 on: February 15, 2023, 04:35:21 AM »
Tried one of the new Hamilton murph 38mm on today, much much better sizing and dial proportions than the 41 I must say

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #853 on: February 19, 2023, 05:43:31 PM »
I just paid $16 for this watch in an online auction, it “has not been tested and needs a battery”.  If a battery is all it needs did I do good?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #854 on: February 19, 2023, 05:50:17 PM »
I just paid $16 for this watch in an online auction, it “has not been tested and needs a battery”.  If a battery is all it needs did I do good?

hard to tell (because it hasn’t been tested), but being a fossil it should be a okay with a quick battery change.
I’m pretty sure fossil don’t use in-house movements so even if the movement was broken it would probably only cost another $20 (I have no idea how much generic quartz movements cost btw) to put a new one in there.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #855 on: February 22, 2023, 01:32:00 AM »
Haven’t worn this in a minute, stupid mistake:

shredder sequel

• Rep: 58
« Reply #856 on: February 22, 2023, 06:02:59 PM »

I’ve got the same one. Didn’t like the blue face until I saw it in person—then, wow. Perfect size for my bird-like wrists. Love it.

boston_bruins

« Reply #857 on: February 22, 2023, 11:09:36 PM »
Hamilton khaki auto 38mm for me. Been wearing everyday for almost a year now, skating, working, whatever, thing is basically perfect. I usually reset it at the beginning of each month and it’s never more than 30-60 seconds off. Very very good watch. I started wearing a watch again because I didn’t want to always be reaching into my pocket to check my phone for the time, the phones are ruining our society with the quickness. Also around the time I bought the watch I started getting into watching the YouTube watch repair/resto vids and it was super fascinating to see what incredible tiny machines they are. Owning a Rolex or omega would be so rad seeing as how they will last a lifetime if you take care of them, seeing these dudes take them apart and servicing them in these vids you can just see how rad the quality is….but fuck man, $3000-5000 for a watch….I don’t have that kind of income to dispose. Also I feel like if someone was like “is that real” to me while wearing a Rolex I’d prob just say “nah it’s a fake” just to get them to fuck off. You know what sucks is that it seems like those watches, while yes always having been pretty pricey, used to just be known back in the day as a “really good, high quality watch that will last a lifetime” and not some just some status symbol to flash your richness…I always like spending way more up front for high quality stuff, so that you just buy once, instead of buying crappy shit over and over again. Maybe a Rolex one day. Prob not. Explorer if so. Khaki Auto for now, which ironically might last a lifetime

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #858 on: February 23, 2023, 04:35:29 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I’ve got the same one. Didn’t like the blue face until I saw it in person—then, wow. Perfect size for my bird-like wrists. Love it.
yes, the blue has to be seen in the flesh! The black version is honestly boring to my eyes (not that I hate black dials mind you).
Have you ever taken yours off the bracelet? I’ve never successfully been able to remove the bracelet because the tolerances are so tight that I feel like I’ll put a massive scratch into the case. Needs some drilled lug holes imho

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #859 on: February 23, 2023, 04:39:23 AM »
Hamilton khaki auto 38mm for me. Been wearing everyday for almost a year now, skating, working, whatever, thing is basically perfect. I usually reset it at the beginning of each month and it’s never more than 30-60 seconds off. Very very good watch. I started wearing a watch again because I didn’t want to always be reaching into my pocket to check my phone for the time, the phones are ruining our society with the quickness. Also around the time I bought the watch I started getting into watching the YouTube watch repair/resto vids and it was super fascinating to see what incredible tiny machines they are. Owning a Rolex or omega would be so rad seeing as how they will last a lifetime if you take care of them, seeing these dudes take them apart and servicing them in these vids you can just see how rad the quality is….but fuck man, $3000-5000 for a watch….I don’t have that kind of income to dispose. Also I feel like if someone was like “is that real” to me while wearing a Rolex I’d prob just say “nah it’s a fake” just to get them to fuck off. You know what sucks is that it seems like those watches, while yes always having been pretty pricey, used to just be known back in the day as a “really good, high quality watch that will last a lifetime” and not some just some status symbol to flash your richness…I always like spending way more up front for high quality stuff, so that you just buy once, instead of buying crappy shit over and over again. Maybe a Rolex one day. Prob not. Explorer if so. Khaki Auto for now, which ironically might last a lifetime
khaki auto in 38 is a very very solid choice for a GADA (go anywhere do anything watch)! Did you get the bracelet version? Very very versatile too in terms of strap options. I get what you mean about Rolex but if I was to get one, if would be the least blingy Rolex possible (air king 14000). Yes, they ain’t cheap but if you buy right, you can basically get your money back (or more) should you need to flip it! No need to go beyond your budget though, watch collecting is only a fairly recent phenomenon I reckon, most peeps just had one really solid watch back in the day and rocked it all day, everyday.

boston_bruins

« Reply #860 on: February 23, 2023, 08:01:15 AM »
Nah just got the leather strap version and put a nato on it the second it came out of the box. Yeah re: the collecting thing, I’m def not much of a collector, just want the one nice thing and use the shit out of it. Really love the watch, can’t ever leave the house without it

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #861 on: February 23, 2023, 02:29:37 PM »

Love those videos.  Fall asleep to them most nights. 

https://www.youtube.com/@RedDeadRestoration

This guy is my favorite of the ones I've seen.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

boston_bruins

« Reply #862 on: February 23, 2023, 02:40:28 PM »
Yep that dude’s vids rule, also like the Wriswatch Revival ones, guy kinda talks too much but he seems like a cool dude and he’s done some crazy resto jobs on there, super good camera work/angles

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #863 on: February 23, 2023, 03:46:36 PM »

shredder sequel

• Rep: 58
« Reply #864 on: February 23, 2023, 08:10:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
yes, the blue has to be seen in the flesh! The black version is honestly boring to my eyes (not that I hate black dials mind you).
Have you ever taken yours off the bracelet? I’ve never successfully been able to remove the bracelet because the tolerances are so tight that I feel like I’ll put a massive scratch into the case. Needs some drilled lug holes imho

I was originally interested in the black version, until I saw it in person. I specifically bought the watch to be my “bracelet watch,” so I haven’t take in off, only made some minor sizing adjustments—on the buckle. I’ll probably leave it on the bracelet forever, as it fits better than any of my strap watches ever have.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #865 on: February 25, 2023, 04:26:53 AM »
Seiko 5 back with the goods:

baggy spandex

« Reply #866 on: February 28, 2023, 02:43:28 PM »

I'm surprised they didn't go with "Casio Rules Everything Around Me"

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #867 on: February 28, 2023, 07:10:27 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'm surprised they didn't go with "Casio Rules Everything Around Me"
missed opportunity huh?

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1392
« Reply #868 on: March 04, 2023, 08:25:49 PM »
these 2 were in a box of stuff that belonged to my dead granddad. took the dark face into the watch/clock shop because i had no idea how to work an automatic watch, let alone one that is shaken and not winded up. The tinkerer in there opened it, gifted me a new gasket and spent a good 30 minutes showing me how the watch works, from the gears and weights, to setting dates, days, and times, to just chopping it up. super cool.

Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #869 on: March 05, 2023, 09:59:41 PM »
these 2 were in a box of stuff that belonged to my dead granddad. took the dark face into the watch/clock shop because i had no idea how to work an automatic watch, let alone one that is shaken and not winded up. The tinkerer in there opened it, gifted me a new gasket and spent a good 30 minutes showing me how the watch works, from the gears and weights, to setting dates, days, and times, to just chopping it up. super cool.

congrats, you now own the two most valuable watches in the world, wear them in good health!

In other news ... I bought another watch