Author Topic: Last of us HBO  (Read 148 times)

Newphone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -91
Last of us HBO
« on: January 24, 2023, 11:54:23 AM »
Surprised no one had discussed this, itís so hot right now. Anyone watching? Iím finding it ok, but itís like playing the game with less action so far.  Like the cold opens though, the first one with the talk show was great.

ChompskyHonk

• Rep: -3
  • flow state in the bruh dimension
Re: Last of us HBO
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2023, 12:53:12 PM »
never played the games but I'm familiar with the story. so far I'm liking it, makes me wanna play the original on a ps3 emulator

ohtight

• Rep: 17
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2023, 01:54:54 PM »
played both games and im loving the show so far. last week's episode with the clickers was great. they seem to be hitting all the major things while at the same time adding a bit more context and background to the story.
zzz

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 329
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2023, 06:55:58 PM »
Forgot about the time jump and when Pedro Pascal said he was 36 in the prologue, I def yelled ďfuck youĒ out loud haha (Iím 37)

I would definitely laugh if someone added ďpush triangle to talkĒ in some of those scenes in ep 2, but I think itís def walking that tight rope of adapting a source material whilst doing your own thing.   

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 504
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2023, 07:49:08 PM »
Never played the game.
Iíve heard the reviews and how people I know kept saying, ďit plays like just a movie!Ē So itís funny to see it as a show and following up with breakdown videos where people call out how the show is true to the game and incorporates Easter eggs from the games.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Newphone

• Rep: -91
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2023, 07:37:49 PM »
For those of you who havenít played it, you really should.  You can get the ps4 version for 9.99 at this point and itís one of the best stories in gaming, and fun.  I wouldnít want to ruin that story with the show honnestly.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 329
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2023, 08:14:53 PM »
For those of you who havenít played it, you really should.  You can get the ps4 version for 9.99 at this point and itís one of the best stories in gaming, and fun.  I wouldnít want to ruin that story with the show honnestly.

Shoo.  Go away

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 951
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2023, 08:43:14 PM »
Last of Us really is one of those must play games on the playstation console.  I have part 2, but won't get around to playing it until summer.
"I like my women the same way I like my personified cups of coffee...black...strong...and proud."

"°No puedo hacer que aplauda, ​​pero puedo hacer que haga "whoo"!"

"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."