Author Topic: Soulsborne Thread/Question  (Read 8837 times)

goingapelikenigo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 89
  • please don't be a hero
Re: Soulsborne Thread/Question
« Reply #120 on: April 28, 2022, 01:54:59 AM »
anyone playing elden ring on pc? my fps is like always at 40 while on dark souls 3 it never dips from 60.
is there something i could do to boost fps except all the update drivers and high performance mode shit?

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #121 on: April 29, 2022, 07:42:41 AM »
Approaching the endgame. It’s been a pretty great ride but I still find it sprawling in a way that, while impressive, detracts from the narrative (both story and design) somewhat. 80+ hours in and the best designed legacy dungeon is still Stormveil.

Bosses are still hella inconsistent. I’m beating my head against a wall with Malenia but beating Godskin Duo on the first try after stumbling into them with half my flasks already gone. I do like finding dungeons and mines I missed and killing the bosses in 3 hits.

I think I have all the stuff I need for save scumming all the endings except for FF. Should I view the first 5 then go get lit to see that one last?

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1239
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #122 on: April 29, 2022, 05:06:33 PM »
If by FF, you mean Frenzied Flame, that’s the one I got my first time through.  Wasn’t really any great shakes  :-\.  Just gotta keep giving that ho grapes.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #123 on: April 29, 2022, 06:10:15 PM »
I beat melenia in under 10 tries. I’d been using rivers of blood and it’s so op. Doesn’t do shit for the last boss though, getting my ass handed to me on the beast.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #124 on: May 02, 2022, 03:23:51 PM »
I know I'm 5 years late but I achieved my platinum on Bloodborne. Now I can move on to Elden Ring.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #125 on: May 02, 2022, 06:13:41 PM »
Approaching the endgame. It’s been a pretty great ride but I still find it sprawling in a way that, while impressive, detracts from the narrative (both story and design) somewhat. 80+ hours in and the best designed legacy dungeon is still Stormveil.

Bosses are still hella inconsistent. I’m beating my head against a wall with Malenia but beating Godskin Duo on the first try after stumbling into them with half my flasks already gone. I do like finding dungeons and mines I missed and killing the bosses in 3 hits.

I think I have all the stuff I need for save scumming all the endings except for FF. Should I view the first 5 then go get lit to see that one last?

Feel like a lot of that has to do with build variety, some bosses are just harder or easier for different builds and play styles (though really, gank bosses being easy for anyone is a surprise)... that said I didn't really struggle with Godskin Duo either though a lot of people seem to. Banging your head against Malenia is natural as she's definitely the hardest boss in the game by a good margin imo.

If you’re going to save scums then it doesn’t really matter what order you do the endings in as long as your save is before you initiate the FF ending (basically, before you go into the doors)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2022, 07:16:37 AM by Theme For A Jackal »

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #126 on: May 17, 2022, 08:15:00 AM »
Never done much PvP in these games but messed around and made a build and been invading a dueling the past few nights. Such a blast, even when it's 2v1 or 3v1.

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #127 on: May 17, 2022, 10:08:40 AM »
I started new game + and I’m just annihilating everything in my path. I wish I had stocked up on stuff for upgrades before Instaryed though, didn’t realize I’d lose all the bell bearings and I want to start a different build. Rivers of blood is out of control. I’d like to try a caster. Oh well.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #128 on: May 17, 2022, 01:11:04 PM »
I started new game + and I’m just annihilating everything in my path. I wish I had stocked up on stuff for upgrades before Instaryed though, didn’t realize I’d lose all the bell bearings and I want to start a different build. Rivers of blood is out of control. I’d like to try a caster. Oh well.

What system you on? If you're on PS I can help you out

warmonke

• Rep: 43
« Reply #129 on: August 15, 2022, 07:27:01 AM »
Never done much PvP in these games but messed around and made a build and been invading a dueling the past few nights. Such a blast, even when it's 2v1 or 3v1.
Souls PvP is the best shit, shame it's kinda busted in Elden Ring but seems like From are trying to address it a bit in the newest update. Hopefully we get an arena at some point because DS3 arena was the best shit

Greatlance gang rise up

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #130 on: August 15, 2022, 08:41:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Souls PvP is the best shit, shame it's kinda busted in Elden Ring but seems like From are trying to address it a bit in the newest update. Hopefully we get an arena at some point because DS3 arena was the best shit

Greatlance gang rise up

Yeah there's some sort of organization started by Oroboro and other known PvP guys that are trying to mediate between fans and From with the intent of improving PvP so I'm hopeful

Pretty confident that when we finally get DLC they'll use one of these Coliseums for an Arena

warmonke

• Rep: 43
« Reply #131 on: August 15, 2022, 08:45:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Greatlance gang rise up
[close]

Yeah there's some sort of organization started by Oroboro and other known PvP guys that are trying to mediate between fans and From with the intent of improving PvP so I'm hopeful

Pretty confident that when we finally get DLC they'll use one of these Coliseums for an Arena
Yeah it's nice to see it's starting to pay off, pretty bleak hearing how depressed people like jeenine sound over the state of the game but I guess now the hype's dying down From has more of an incentive to fix PvP rather than just focusing on attracting new players

Yeah I'd be surprised if that wasn't the case, I doubt they'd add in all those coliseums if they were all pointless

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #132 on: November 30, 2022, 06:47:25 AM »
Game Awards next week, seems pretty likely that we get a From Soft announcement. Hoping for Elden Ring DLC or whatever a glimpse of their new game is. Armored Core reboot leaked a long time ago but has been quiet since and now this Sekiro 2 rumor has started popping up but I don't believe that one for a second.

Anybody been doing any runs in these games? My buddies and I randomly started a Soulsborne instagram account for gameplay/memes/what have you just to pass the time

yghartsyrt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #133 on: November 30, 2022, 09:50:31 AM »
I'm still hoping for a Bloodborne 2 release. In my opinion the b est game From Software has ever done

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #134 on: November 30, 2022, 10:52:55 AM »
I'm still hoping for a Bloodborne 2 release. In my opinion the b est game From Software has ever done

It's definitely the tightest experience in terms of gameplay and aesthetic coming together. I wouldn't exactly want Bloodborne 2 but I'd love a spiritual successor ala Demon's Souls -> Dark Souls that takes us to various Dreamlands like in Lovecraft lore, go deeper with the cosmic fantasy.

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #135 on: December 12, 2022, 10:25:44 AM »
I'm absolutely stuck on Godskin Noble in Volcano Manor. I really want to get my weapon to +10 BUT snce the jump skip to get the somber 7 has been patched, you have to get past Godskin Noble to get to it. I've been getting smoked and probably need to come back later after i've leveled more.

Ultimately it's not that criitical and I don't need to be going for a fully upgraded weapon this early, but man i forgot how frustrating it is to get fully wrecked by a boss like this. Does so much damage, he's so fast and his moveset is so difficult to play around. I've gotten maybe a quarter of the way through his phase two but that's it.

ApesPissed

• Rep: 58
« Reply #136 on: December 12, 2022, 01:12:06 PM »
I'm absolutely stuck on Godskin Noble in Volcano Manor. I really want to get my weapon to +10 BUT snce the jump skip to get the somber 7 has been patched, you have to get past Godskin Noble to get to it. I've been getting smoked and probably need to come back later after i've leveled more.

Ultimately it's not that criitical and I don't need to be going for a fully upgraded weapon this early, but man i forgot how frustrating it is to get fully wrecked by a boss like this. Does so much damage, he's so fast and his moveset is so difficult to play around. I've gotten maybe a quarter of the way through his phase two but that's it.

Wish i could help with specifics but it’s been a few months. Generic response to unbeatable souls bosses: take a step back, reevaluate your approach (try a different weapon type/magic/item) and really learn the enemy move set. Maybe grind a few levels. 

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #137 on: December 12, 2022, 01:38:05 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Wish i could help with specifics but it’s been a few months. Generic response to unbeatable souls bosses: take a step back, reevaluate your approach (try a different weapon type/magic/item) and really learn the enemy move set. Maybe grind a few levels.

Yeah, I'm definitely a bit underleveled. I'm using a bleed weapon and a shield with Barrier to block his thrust attacks. Phase 1 isn't too difficult, but during Phase 2 he inflates and rolls around like a giant doom ball and it does a ton of damage and is hard to dodge. I'm making progress, it's just been a while since i've gotten fucked so hard by a boss. I also have to run the same route through Lava and past some enemies to get to the fog gate, so I'm always starting down 2-3 flasks which sucks.

ApesPissed

« Reply #138 on: December 12, 2022, 07:34:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yeah, I'm definitely a bit underleveled. I'm using a bleed weapon and a shield with Barrier to block his thrust attacks. Phase 1 isn't too difficult, but during Phase 2 he inflates and rolls around like a giant doom ball and it does a ton of damage and is hard to dodge. I'm making progress, it's just been a while since i've gotten fucked so hard by a boss. I also have to run the same route through Lava and past some enemies to get to the fog gate, so I'm always starting down 2-3 flasks which sucks.

Yeah I hate losing flasks before the fight. I did a magic/dex build so I could use ranged when I needed it. Mixing up a different wondrous physik definitely came in handy a few times. I ran the same flask most of the time but found that a new variation gave me an edge at times.

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #139 on: January 02, 2023, 11:31:22 AM »
started playing elden ring a few days ago. life hasn't been the same since

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #140 on: January 02, 2023, 12:12:36 PM »
Just started a new Faith character last night, if anybody needs help I’m on ps5 zack1138

ApesPissed

« Reply #141 on: January 05, 2023, 05:54:52 PM »

Oh I wish I could play it again for the first time. Enjoy

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #142 on: January 14, 2023, 03:49:05 PM »
just finally beat mohg after like 3 hours. such a cool design, one of my favorites ever so far. still no malenia tho :/
edit: i'm a masochist and beat melania w/ dual katanas, no ash of war and no spirit summon. i feel like i let all the terminally online dark souls purists get to me who call every ash of war/summon "cheese"
« Last Edit: January 16, 2023, 07:50:03 PM by notmikerusczyk »

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #143 on: January 22, 2023, 11:08:50 AM »
Just had my first stretch of really difficult enemies in a while in upper caelid. I’ve been cruising for a bit not struggling too much but the gargoyle, big Jar summons and nightrider back to back to back fucked me up good.

I believe I still have a godskin apostle and bell bearing Hunter to get through that I expect will be pretty difficult, and starting to get anxious for the late game bosses. Just need to git gud

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #144 on: January 22, 2023, 06:35:13 PM »
Just had my first stretch of really difficult enemies in a while in upper caelid. I’ve been cruising for a bit not struggling too much but the gargoyle, big Jar summons and nightrider back to back to back fucked me up good.

I believe I still have a godskin apostle and bell bearing Hunter to get through that I expect will be pretty difficult, and starting to get anxious for the late game bosses. Just need to git gud
i actually love the black blade kindred gargoyle fights. took me a while but pretty fun once you get their rhythm down. what's the last main boss you killed?

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #145 on: January 22, 2023, 07:23:02 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
i actually love the black blade kindred gargoyle fights. took me a while but pretty fun once you get their rhythm down. what's the last main boss you killed?

Not sure if astel counts so maybe Radahn? I’ve been clearing out as many of the field bosses and dungeons as I can as I go, so I’ve cleared a ton of lesser bosses. Maybe draconic tree sentinel before entering the Capitol?

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #146 on: January 23, 2023, 03:10:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Not sure if astel counts so maybe Radahn? I’ve been clearing out as many of the field bosses and dungeons as I can as I go, so I’ve cleared a ton of lesser bosses. Maybe draconic tree sentinel before entering the Capitol?
ah i see, you're at the point where bosses become pretty damn difficult even when overleveled. not sure if you've been to farum azula yet but.....there's probably one of the worst boss(es) there in the whole game. you'll know what fight i'm talkin about haha

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #147 on: January 23, 2023, 03:16:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
ah i see, you're at the point where bosses become pretty damn difficult even when overleveled. not sure if you've been to farum azula yet but.....there's probably one of the worst boss(es) there in the whole game. you'll know what fight i'm talkin about haha

Just the teaser portion from the four belfries. Just entered the capitol so need to clear that and all the sewers.

Godskin Duo are in Farum Azula? Godskin noble was the first major pain point for me, that took me 20+ attempts maybe until I learned the sleep pot method

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 464
  • Pure East
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #148 on: January 24, 2023, 05:23:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Just the teaser portion from the four belfries. Just entered the capitol so need to clear that and all the sewers.

Godskin Duo are in Farum Azula? Godskin noble was the first major pain point for me, that took me 20+ attempts maybe until I learned the sleep pot method

You're a brave man for attempting Dragonbarrow before going to the Altus Plateau. I skipped most of Dragonbarrow for the moment because IIRC it's actually meant to be a latter-game area that you revisit later on (i.e. The Beast Clergyman area etc...). I mean I cheesed Greyoll and cleared out Fort Faroth to get the 2nd half of the Dectus medallion (even though I beat Magma Wyrm Makar and didn't need it technically). Did you go to War Dead Catacombs after defeating Radahn? If so, how'd you like that level scaling? So far, the Altus Plateau area isn't as overpowered as I thought it would be, although I've just primarily been in the Plateau area and haven't gone to the Leyndell or Mt. Gelmir areas yet. Might finish Ranni's quest/Nokstella/Lake of Rot just for something to do and to gain more levels before venturing further into the 2nd half of the game. 
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

Ross Norman - Last of the Mohicans

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #149 on: January 24, 2023, 07:24:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

You're a brave man for attempting Dragonbarrow before going to the Altus Plateau. I skipped most of Dragonbarrow for the moment because IIRC it's actually meant to be a latter-game area that you revisit later on (i.e. The Beast Clergyman area etc...). I mean I cheesed Greyoll and cleared out Fort Faroth to get the 2nd half of the Dectus medallion (even though I beat Magma Wyrm Makar and didn't need it technically). Did you go to War Dead Catacombs after defeating Radahn? If so, how'd you like that level scaling? So far, the Altus Plateau area isn't as overpowered as I thought it would be, although I've just primarily been in the Plateau area and haven't gone to the Leyndell or Mt. Gelmir areas yet. Might finish Ranni's quest/Nokstella/Lake of Rot just for something to do and to gain more levels before venturing further into the 2nd half of the game.

War dead catacombs was the very last thing I did in Caelid. Got that Grace after radahn but realized how underpowered I was so marked it for later. Even the imps in there will wreck your shit, I mostly ran through and only fought enemies that I HAD to instead of clearing it out in full like I normally do.