Author Topic: Soulsborne Thread/Question  (Read 4091 times)

goingapelikenigo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 88
  • please don't be a hero
Re: Soulsborne Thread/Question
« Reply #120 on: April 28, 2022, 01:54:59 AM »
anyone playing elden ring on pc? my fps is like always at 40 while on dark souls 3 it never dips from 60.
is there something i could do to boost fps except all the update drivers and high performance mode shit?

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 250
« Reply #121 on: April 29, 2022, 07:42:41 AM »
Approaching the endgame. Itís been a pretty great ride but I still find it sprawling in a way that, while impressive, detracts from the narrative (both story and design) somewhat. 80+ hours in and the best designed legacy dungeon is still Stormveil.

Bosses are still hella inconsistent. Iím beating my head against a wall with Malenia but beating Godskin Duo on the first try after stumbling into them with half my flasks already gone. I do like finding dungeons and mines I missed and killing the bosses in 3 hits.

I think I have all the stuff I need for save scumming all the endings except for FF. Should I view the first 5 then go get lit to see that one last?

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1275
« Reply #122 on: April 29, 2022, 05:06:33 PM »
If by FF, you mean Frenzied Flame, thatís the one I got my first time through.  Wasnít really any great shakes  :-\.  Just gotta keep giving that ho grapes.
Shoe size: 6.5
Shirt size: 3X
Pants: 42-44W  24-26L
Helmet size: XS

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #123 on: April 29, 2022, 06:10:15 PM »
I beat melenia in under 10 tries. Iíd been using rivers of blood and itís so op. Doesnít do shit for the last boss though, getting my ass handed to me on the beast.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 428
  • Long Live the New Flesh
« Reply #124 on: May 02, 2022, 03:23:51 PM »
I know I'm 5 years late but I achieved my platinum on Bloodborne. Now I can move on to Elden Ring.
fart harley barf face hating for no reason like usual

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 22
« Reply #125 on: May 02, 2022, 06:13:41 PM »
Approaching the endgame. Itís been a pretty great ride but I still find it sprawling in a way that, while impressive, detracts from the narrative (both story and design) somewhat. 80+ hours in and the best designed legacy dungeon is still Stormveil.

Bosses are still hella inconsistent. Iím beating my head against a wall with Malenia but beating Godskin Duo on the first try after stumbling into them with half my flasks already gone. I do like finding dungeons and mines I missed and killing the bosses in 3 hits.

I think I have all the stuff I need for save scumming all the endings except for FF. Should I view the first 5 then go get lit to see that one last?

Feel like a lot of that has to do with build variety, some bosses are just harder or easier for different builds and play styles (though really, gank bosses being easy for anyone is a surprise)... that said I didn't really struggle with Godskin Duo either though a lot of people seem to. Banging your head against Malenia is natural as she's definitely the hardest boss in the game by a good margin imo.

If youíre going to save scums then it doesnít really matter what order you do the endings in as long as your save is before you initiate the FF ending (basically, before you go into the doors)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2022, 07:16:37 AM by Theme For A Jackal »

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #126 on: May 17, 2022, 08:15:00 AM »
Never done much PvP in these games but messed around and made a build and been invading a dueling the past few nights. Such a blast, even when it's 2v1 or 3v1.

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #127 on: May 17, 2022, 10:08:40 AM »
I started new game + and Iím just annihilating everything in my path. I wish I had stocked up on stuff for upgrades before Instaryed though, didnít realize Iíd lose all the bell bearings and I want to start a different build. Rivers of blood is out of control. Iíd like to try a caster. Oh well.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #128 on: May 17, 2022, 01:11:04 PM »
I started new game + and Iím just annihilating everything in my path. I wish I had stocked up on stuff for upgrades before Instaryed though, didnít realize Iíd lose all the bell bearings and I want to start a different build. Rivers of blood is out of control. Iíd like to try a caster. Oh well.

What system you on? If you're on PS I can help you out

warmonke

• Rep: 47
« Reply #129 on: August 15, 2022, 07:27:01 AM »
Never done much PvP in these games but messed around and made a build and been invading a dueling the past few nights. Such a blast, even when it's 2v1 or 3v1.
Souls PvP is the best shit, shame it's kinda busted in Elden Ring but seems like From are trying to address it a bit in the newest update. Hopefully we get an arena at some point because DS3 arena was the best shit

Greatlance gang rise up

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #130 on: August 15, 2022, 08:41:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Souls PvP is the best shit, shame it's kinda busted in Elden Ring but seems like From are trying to address it a bit in the newest update. Hopefully we get an arena at some point because DS3 arena was the best shit

Greatlance gang rise up

Yeah there's some sort of organization started by Oroboro and other known PvP guys that are trying to mediate between fans and From with the intent of improving PvP so I'm hopeful

Pretty confident that when we finally get DLC they'll use one of these Coliseums for an Arena

warmonke

• Rep: 47
« Reply #131 on: August 15, 2022, 08:45:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Greatlance gang rise up
[close]

Yeah there's some sort of organization started by Oroboro and other known PvP guys that are trying to mediate between fans and From with the intent of improving PvP so I'm hopeful

Pretty confident that when we finally get DLC they'll use one of these Coliseums for an Arena
Yeah it's nice to see it's starting to pay off, pretty bleak hearing how depressed people like jeenine sound over the state of the game but I guess now the hype's dying down From has more of an incentive to fix PvP rather than just focusing on attracting new players

Yeah I'd be surprised if that wasn't the case, I doubt they'd add in all those coliseums if they were all pointless