Author Topic: Soulsborne Thread/Question  (Read 5133 times)

linty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 3
Re: Soulsborne Thread/Question
« Reply #150 on: January 25, 2023, 01:17:26 AM »

Started a new playthrough a couple of weeks ago. Tried my hardest not to do another dex character but failed. I'll skip Rivers of Blood and Mimic Tear this time around, promise!

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #151 on: January 25, 2023, 01:11:41 PM »

Started a new playthrough a couple of weeks ago. Tried my hardest not to do another dex character but failed. I'll skip Rivers of Blood and Mimic Tear this time around, promise!

*uses Moonveil and Black Knife Tiche instead*

jk

linty

• Rep: 3
« Reply #152 on: January 25, 2023, 08:45:50 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

jk
Ha, I did pump int up to 22 but I've haven't let go of uchi + nagakiba just yet. We'll see how many times I'll give Melania a go before I waltz into her arena with Lhutel the Headless or whatever.

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 307
  • Roll for Rusty
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #153 on: January 26, 2023, 07:24:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

jk
[close]
Ha, I did pump int up to 22 but I've haven't let go of uchi + nagakiba just yet. We'll see how many times I'll give Melania a go before I waltz into her arena with Lhutel the Headless or whatever.

I couldn't let go of the Uchigatana either, running that at like +14 with a +5 moonveil halfway through the game. Lhutel took me through the 1st half of the game at +5 no problem, she's a fucking tank. Trying to pump mimic tear now like a chump (this is my first playthrough) but hot damn it's tough to tank the mimic up with a bunch of stuff you don't want to run in a boss fight (i.e., shabiri's woe or hell, even shields/weapons/other talismans) and then switch it out to your main setup without taking a shitload of damage (unless they are super slow). Taking time to farm a bunch of rare weapons that I have no intention of using, got a couple of halo scythes, crested halberd and a spiked spear, really want that Cleanrot spear though... Fuck, those Cleanrot knights are bad dudes!
Bring back Child of the Ghetto

R.I.P Rusty

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #154 on: January 26, 2023, 09:01:52 AM »
I've always been a huge fan of katanas, the moveset and reach is just nice, so it's unfortunate that the two weapons with the worst reputation for spamming/being overpowered both happen to be cool ass katanas

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 220
« Reply #155 on: January 26, 2023, 10:02:00 AM »
I've always been a huge fan of katanas, the moveset and reach is just nice, so it's unfortunate that the two weapons with the worst reputation for spamming/being overpowered both happen to be cool ass katanas
you don't have to use the ash of wars! i dual wield w/ RoB but i either don't use an ash of war, or use one on my uchi/naga. i used moonveil for probably 3/4 of my first playthrough and i will admit that it definitely makes shit way too easy if you spam the ash of war

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #156 on: January 30, 2023, 02:02:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
you don't have to use the ash of wars! i dual wield w/ RoB but i either don't use an ash of war, or use one on my uchi/naga. i used moonveil for probably 3/4 of my first playthrough and i will admit that it definitely makes shit way too easy if you spam the ash of war

For sure, but at that point I might as well just use the Uchi with whatever ash I want. I've mostly been experimenting with builds I wouldn't typically use these days, though... been messing around with the Winged Scythe lately.