Author Topic: Soulsborne Thread/Question  (Read 1745 times)

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 957
Re: Soulsborne Thread/Question
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2021, 10:34:02 AM »
I try and try and try with PS3 Demon's Souls. It just does not work for me. I can't see a fucking thing and I'm so confused as to continue going through the Tower of Latria or through the mine shaft area, but both are fucking brutal and moon grass and decent weapons are fucked to come by. I'm on a dex build too. What do you guys run?

I’ve played through the whole thing a few times.  Magic is super powerful.  Use a piercing weapon on the mineshaft guys. 

There’s a easy glitch thing to duplicate a bunch of souls if you just want to easy-mode it.  Some people say that takes all the fun out of the game, but for me it let me sort of chill and figure out the game my first time through, so use at your own risk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7EDAzs1lzw&feature=share

Part of what makes the game so cool is that it’s so unforgiving and doesn’t make strategies and stuff obvious.  It had that hardcore and mysterious aura about it that no other current games at the time really did, so the high barrier to entry is kind of a plus and a minus.  Sort of like skating.
Shoe size: 6.5
Shirt size: 3X
Pants: 42-44W  24-26L
Helmet size: XS

Theme For A Jackal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -23
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2021, 07:07:07 AM »
Expand Quote
I try and try and try with PS3 Demon's Souls. It just does not work for me. I can't see a fucking thing and I'm so confused as to continue going through the Tower of Latria or through the mine shaft area, but both are fucking brutal and moon grass and decent weapons are fucked to come by. I'm on a dex build too. What do you guys run?
[close]

I’ve played through the whole thing a few times.  Magic is super powerful.  Use a piercing weapon on the mineshaft guys. 

There’s a easy glitch thing to duplicate a bunch of souls if you just want to easy-mode it.  Some people say that takes all the fun out of the game, but for me it let me sort of chill and figure out the game my first time through, so use at your own risk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7EDAzs1lzw&feature=share

Part of what makes the game so cool is that it’s so unforgiving and doesn’t make strategies and stuff obvious.  It had that hardcore and mysterious aura about it that no other current games at the time really did, so the high barrier to entry is kind of a plus and a minus.  Sort of like skating.

It can be a big hurdle to beginners but it makes it really replayable because every time you play it you learn something new about world tendency or builds and as you explore that you find all these new bits of content that you missed before.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2021, 07:10:43 AM »

I typically go for a Dex build but magic is OP in Demon's once you can build it up. Bit late on this but as far as areas go, have you cleared out the other first levels of the other areas? If not I'd do that, 4-1 is intimidating but if you can clear that there's some good items and experience to be had, I'd hang off on 5-1 for as long as possible though. Also, don't be afraid to just run past shit if you need to and come back to it later. Most of these levels you can just sprint right past enemies to get a feel for the level and where you need to go.

Garth Marenghi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2021, 10:26:03 PM »
Elden Ring was 45 bucks on Gamersgate (now that's a name for a website oof) so I pre-ordered it.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2021, 02:31:35 PM »
Elden Ring was 45 bucks on Gamersgate (now that's a name for a website oof) so I pre-ordered it.

I was always going to get this because I love all the Souls games but I didn't think it would be any different than Dark Souls 4 but after watching all these network tests people are streaming I'm genuinely blown away by what they're doing with this game, it's really a culmination of everything they've done with an open world that feels real and populated

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -666
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2021, 03:32:21 AM »

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1204
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2021, 11:55:47 AM »
Yo I have Demons Souls on PS3 but I could never figure out wtf you are supposed to do in this game. Could someone just point me in the right direction for what i am supposed to be doing right out the gate?
ONTARIO CANADA

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2021, 07:57:35 PM »
Yo I have Demons Souls on PS3 but I could never figure out wtf you are supposed to do in this game. Could someone just point me in the right direction for what i am supposed to be doing right out the gate?

Play through first level, find shortcuts so you don’t have to keep going all the way through when you die, work your way to the boss, beat the first boss. After that you’ll have access to the hub world and you’ll be able to level up and carry on through the game.

The big factor in this game is killing enemies and collecting their souls to in turn level you up. When you die all the souls you collected drop on the ground right there and you start the level over. If you can get to those souls without dying again you can pick them up but if you die before you get back there they’re gone forever. If you survive you can take them to the hub world and give them to an NPC to level yourself up. Beating the first boss is the first big test because there’s no leveling up until after that.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1204
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2021, 07:46:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Play through first level, find shortcuts so you don’t have to keep going all the way through when you die, work your way to the boss, beat the first boss. After that you’ll have access to the hub world and you’ll be able to level up and carry on through the game.

The big factor in this game is killing enemies and collecting their souls to in turn level you up. When you die all the souls you collected drop on the ground right there and you start the level over. If you can get to those souls without dying again you can pick them up but if you die before you get back there they’re gone forever. If you survive you can take them to the hub world and give them to an NPC to level yourself up. Beating the first boss is the first big test because there’s no leveling up until after that.

hmm ok thanks ill have to give it another go tomorrow AM and make sure i turn the brightness up its so hard to see..
ONTARIO CANADA

Garth Marenghi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2021, 01:01:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

hmm ok thanks ill have to give it another go tomorrow AM and make sure i turn the brightness up its so hard to see..

Save a few firebombs for the Phalanx. Learning to parry the skeletons and looting 4-1 early on is grueling but very rewarding.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2021, 12:41:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Save a few firebombs for the Phalanx. Learning to parry the skeletons and looting 4-1 early on is grueling but very rewarding.

True, plus that Crescent Falchion is a great early game weapon.

user18081971

• Rep: 15
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2021, 02:33:30 PM »
Kind of crazy how every game has a different feeling parry-riposte timing window yeah? When I switch from ds1 or DeS, back to ds3, it’s night and day. I will say Ds3 has the most satisfying parry/riposte by far. Both gundyrs and pontiff give you a fat adrenaline boost in my experience lmao

yghartsyrt

• Rep: 6
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2021, 10:26:53 AM »
Love nearly all games of the soulsborne universe, except DS2. That game was way too long and repetitive. Best game so far was Bloodborne – especially the DLC. Took me several days to beat the orphan of kos
Still waiting for my PS5 to arrive, so i can try out demon souls.