Author Topic: Soulsborne Thread/Question  (Read 8836 times)

radcunt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
Re: Soulsborne Thread/Question
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2022, 07:50:38 AM »
I’m playing on PC in bed with Covid and it’s absolutely rattled me lol. Never played a Souls game before and it’s more fun than I thought but super stressful. Battled a boss tonight for 3 hours straight but got an insane weapon for it. Working on an Astrologer / Mage build. Have gone on some huge map hunting runs and the map just keeps opening up. 20 hours in and barely feel like I’ve started

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2022, 12:20:59 AM »
How's everyone playing Elden Ring? PS4? PS5? PC? Xbox?

I am currently playing Fallout 4 and won't start a new game until I finish it due to my OCD (even though I don't really love it) but Elden Ring has got me wanting to rush through it...

However, I only own a PS4 and while I would love to buy a PS5, it seems unlikely for the near future at least due to unavailability. I really want to play Horizon Forbidden West but I think I want to wait until I can play it on PS5 but it seems Elden Ring is decent on PS4? Is that a fair assumption?
Where are you located? If it's in the States sign-up to buy directly from Sony. If it's another country, find a local twitter account that provides updates on stock updates and turn on notifications from that account. That is how I managed to get one from a late night Wal-Mart drop in Canada online in January of 2021.

I just finished Horizon and loved it. If you like the first one, you should like this one.

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2022, 01:31:38 AM »
Expand Quote

I am currently playing Fallout 4 and won't start a new game until I finish it due to my OCD (even though I don't really love it) but Elden Ring has got me wanting to rush through it...

However, I only own a PS4 and while I would love to buy a PS5, it seems unlikely for the near future at least due to unavailability. I really want to play Horizon Forbidden West but I think I want to wait until I can play it on PS5 but it seems Elden Ring is decent on PS4? Is that a fair assumption?
[close]
Where are you located? If it's in the States sign-up to buy directly from Sony. If it's another country, find a local twitter account that provides updates on stock updates and turn on notifications from that account. That is how I managed to get one from a late night Wal-Mart drop in Canada online in January of 2021.

I just finished Horizon and loved it. If you like the first one, you should like this one.

I live in Europe. I can't find the option on PSN to sign up for emails to buy directly from Sony. Honestly, I'm in no rush, I guess if I really want to play Elden Ring I will buy the digital one then whenever I get a PS5 I guess I already have it.

I loved Horizon Zero Dawn, so I'm very eager to play Forbidden West, but I feel like I need to play that on on PS5 for sure.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2022, 11:04:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I live in Europe. I can't find the option on PSN to sign up for emails to buy directly from Sony. Honestly, I'm in no rush, I guess if I really want to play Elden Ring I will buy the digital one then whenever I get a PS5 I guess I already have it.

I loved Horizon Zero Dawn, so I'm very eager to play Forbidden West, but I feel like I need to play that on on PS5 for sure.
I believe the sign up and get an email from them in only in the States. I'm in Canada, so I just found a reliable twitter account to follow and tried whenever I saw a drop.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2022, 09:54:07 AM »
Been basically playing this game non stop in any available free time I have, about 65 hours in right now. Absolutely loving it, keep finding new areas that expand the world in massive ways. Had some initial trouble with my build but respec'd to increase vigor and all is well now. HP in this game is much more important than in previous titles.

Skatebeard

• Rep: 129
« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2022, 01:18:58 AM »
Just about hit level 60 on my quality build @ 36 hours in (started out as Samurai), used the twinblade for the first 25 hours but switched up to the bloodhound fang and got that to +10. it's crazy OP for what it is, bleed comes in really handy.

I had a pop at Radahn but got slaughtered, so I'm going back through the early areas and knocking out all the optional bosses i skipped before.

Really enjoying this game, and it hasn't yet put any impassable walls of difficulty up like the previous souls games, there's always something else to do or somewhere else to go. Haven't been sleeping great so i've been sneaking some early morning sessions in before work, been a long time since a game has had me doing that.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2022, 07:23:17 AM »
Just about hit level 60 on my quality build @ 36 hours in (started out as Samurai), used the twinblade for the first 25 hours but switched up to the bloodhound fang and got that to +10. it's crazy OP for what it is, bleed comes in really handy.

I had a pop at Radahn but got slaughtered, so I'm going back through the early areas and knocking out all the optional bosses i skipped before.

Really enjoying this game, and it hasn't yet put any impassable walls of difficulty up like the previous souls games, there's always something else to do or somewhere else to go. Haven't been sleeping great so i've been sneaking some early morning sessions in before work, been a long time since a game has had me doing that.

I had to respec when I hit Radahn because my vigor was way too low for how hard he hits, was a good thing to do anyways because the enemies in the second half of the game have such high damage pools.

I'm at endgame now, doing the last few optional bosses before I finish the final story boss. I'm level 140 with 85 hours of playtime.

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2022, 08:52:51 AM »
I don’t know what I’m doing but at least I’m having fun. I’d only been playing an hour or 2 a few nights a week. Yesterday I took the day off and played for like 12 hours. I beat margit, got to godrick, got him down super low once but haven’t gotten close since. I need to + my gear, but Im having trouble finding smithing (1). I have a ton of (2) and up. I rolled a bandit and I kind of regret it. Being that close is hectic, plus I don’t know where to spec other than dex and vigor.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2022, 08:35:26 AM »
I don’t know what I’m doing but at least I’m having fun. I’d only been playing an hour or 2 a few nights a week. Yesterday I took the day off and played for like 12 hours. I beat margit, got to godrick, got him down super low once but haven’t gotten close since. I need to + my gear, but Im having trouble finding smithing (1). I have a ton of (2) and up. I rolled a bandit and I kind of regret it. Being that close is hectic, plus I don’t know where to spec other than dex and vigor.

Go do more open world stuff and you'll find tons of smithing stones. If you can find Mines specifically the stones grow on the walls, they'll look like gold crystals. You can also purchase them from the Nomadic merchants throughout Limgrave, I think almost all of them should sell level 1 stones. They actually just put a new patch out last night that's supposed to make them drop more and be sold at more places early game.

Nothing wrong with bandit and all melee players are going to be up close anyways. It also starts with a bow and arrow so you can take advantage of that if you want distance but you'll also need to level the bow up if you want to do decent damage.

If you're fighting Godrick your weapon should be +3 at the very least if not more. What weapon are you using? Need to look and see what it scales off of primarily to see if you should be putting damage into strength too or not.

Vigor is going to be extremely important as it's going to stop you from getting one-shotted, also Endurance, that's going to let you get more hits in and still have stamina to dodge out of the way after. After that you'll want to prioritize dex and strength most likely but it's mostly going to depend on what weapons you use and what sort of build/playstyle you want to do. Bleed is extremely powerful right now so anything you have that applies bleed and scales with arcane is going to be good. Pumping up arcane will increase bleed effect on items that apply it or scale with it.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 09:29:28 AM by Theme For A Jackal »

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2022, 09:40:19 AM »
90 hours in so far, just beat the final optional boss and it was definitely near the hardest if not the hardest From Soft boss so far. Debating whether or not to say it's harder or less hard than Sword Saint Isshin from Sekiro, he was insane but every move could be blocked or dodged with proper learning but this boss has one move that's seemingly impossible to dodge and if it weren't for spirit summons it probably would've taken a few days of trying to beat. It's moveset isn't as crazy as Isshin's but they have a pretty bullshit health regain mechanic too which makes it tough.

Only thing left to do is beat the final story boss, I'm a piece of shit and plan on save scumming to see all endings in one playthrough

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2022, 10:03:30 AM »
90 hours in so far, just beat the final optional boss and it was definitely near the hardest if not the hardest From Soft boss so far. Debating whether or not to say it's harder or less hard than Sword Saint Isshin from Sekiro, he was insane but every move could be blocked or dodged with proper learning but this boss has one move that's seemingly impossible to dodge and if it weren't for spirit summons it probably would've taken a few days of trying to beat. It's moveset isn't as crazy as Isshin's but they have a pretty bullshit health regain mechanic too which makes it tough.

Only thing left to do is beat the final story boss, I'm a piece of shit and plan on save scumming to see all endings in one playthrough

2 days on said boss with no spirit summon. Fucking gruelling. Last time I had that much trouble with a From boss was the Dancer in DS3, melee build with no respecs left. In that instance, getting slightly drunk cued me into her moveset, with this boss I feel like I would have had to do 4 lines of coke to keep up. Didn't get that sense of accomplishment you usually get from a From boss defeat, felt more like pure shit luck.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2022, 10:59:55 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

2 days on said boss with no spirit summon. Fucking gruelling. Last time I had that much trouble with a From boss was the Dancer in DS3, melee build with no respecs left. In that instance, getting slightly drunk cued me into her moveset, with this boss I feel like I would have had to do 4 lines of coke to keep up. Didn't get that sense of accomplishment you usually get from a From boss defeat, felt more like pure shit luck.

Kudos on beating it and fortunately there's absolutely no reason to ever do it again on NG+. Haven't used any of my mausoleums yet so I'm duplicating her remembrance first

That's crazy you beat this boss without a summon but struggled on Dancer, really does just prove the point that these games are all perseverance and that some bosses are easy for some people and hard for others (this boss is going to be a problem for everyone though lol). If they took away her bullshit combo move or at least made a way to actually dodge it I said it's "tough but fair" but as it stands I can't say that in good faith. She staggers easily so certain builds will definitely have way more of an advantage than others.

palelight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2022, 11:09:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Kudos on beating it and fortunately there's absolutely no reason to ever do it again on NG+

That's crazy you beat this boss without a summon but struggled on Dancer, really does just prove the point that these games are all perseverance and that some bosses are easy for some people and hard for others (this boss is going to be a problem for everyone though lol). If they took away her bullshit combo move or at least made a way to actually dodge it I said it's "tough but fair" but as it stands I can't say that in good faith

Yeah, unless they nerf that bullshit AoE (they probably won't), never touching that boss again.

I know, my play style on that first DS3 attempt just hit a brick wall with Dancer, like everything I usually did was conducive to getting fucked quickly and with no romance by her moveset. Facing her again on NG+ was a breeze though, as per.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #73 on: March 17, 2022, 11:11:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Kudos on beating it and fortunately there's absolutely no reason to ever do it again on NG+

That's crazy you beat this boss without a summon but struggled on Dancer, really does just prove the point that these games are all perseverance and that some bosses are easy for some people and hard for others (this boss is going to be a problem for everyone though lol). If they took away her bullshit combo move or at least made a way to actually dodge it I said it's "tough but fair" but as it stands I can't say that in good faith
[close]

Yeah, unless they nerf that bullshit AoE (they probably won't), never touching that boss again.

I know, my play style on that first DS3 attempt just hit a brick wall with Dancer, like everything I usually did was conducive to getting fucked quickly and with no romance by her moveset. Facing her again on NG+ was a breeze though, as per.

What build/weapons have you been running in Elden Ring?

palelight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #74 on: March 17, 2022, 11:24:58 AM »
STR/DEX/VIG build, switching between the Bloodhound Fang (which I now know to be the PKCS of Elden Ring) and a maxed out Longsword/Beastcrest shield combo. I didn't realize until pretty late that most of the best melee weapons require either a STR/DEX/FTH or STR/DEX/INT build, so on NG+ I'm going to start pouring into Intelligence and Faith. They definitely push you to be more well rounded in your spec'ing than DS. I usually do a basic melee build on my first playthrough of any From game, but there were definitely some bosses here where that shit doesn't fly.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #75 on: March 17, 2022, 11:36:41 AM »
They definitely push you to be more well rounded in your spec'ing than DS.

Definitely, seems hybrid builds are the way to go in this. The respec'ing option being early and frequent in this is great though, I respec'd twice... once to try out faith and another to switch back to dex/int and pump up vigor at the Radahn fight because I had been ignoring it and was getting one-shotted.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #76 on: March 17, 2022, 04:41:18 PM »
I feel like I’m way too underpowered for all of the routes I’m currently exploring.

I haven’t done any grinding, just trying to figure out the easiest path at any given time but it’s sort of frustrating hitting a bunch of walls all at once. I kind of miss being funneled towards the most sensible option instead of nope, nope, nope, nope, maybe, nope.

Currently stuck on that BS Lion-O+Tank Knight boss.

Haven’t been using Ashes of War much. What should I be spamming?

palelight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #77 on: March 17, 2022, 04:56:32 PM »
I feel like I’m way too underpowered for all of the routes I’m currently exploring.

I haven’t done any grinding, just trying to figure out the easiest path at any given time but it’s sort of frustrating hitting a bunch of walls all at once. I kind of miss being funneled towards the most sensible option instead of nope, nope, nope, nope, maybe, nope.

I woulda said Hoarfrost Stomp until yesterday when they neutered it with the update. Now it's about half the dmg with twice the cast time. Still good at crowd control if you get the timing right.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #78 on: March 17, 2022, 06:37:21 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I woulda said Hoarfrost Stomp until yesterday when they neutered it with the update. Now it's about half the dmg with twice the cast time. Still good at crowd control if you get the timing right.

I was getting close to those Mimic Ashes too and I’ve read they’re now crap too!

palelight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #79 on: March 17, 2022, 06:52:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I was getting close to those Mimic Ashes too and I’ve read they’re now crap too!

Mimic Tear fully upgraded is still very worth getting, before it was basically god mode. Now it's just "really helpful" heh.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #80 on: March 18, 2022, 06:10:33 AM »

That's a hard fight solo, I'd come back to it. Have you been underground or to the area North East of the Magic Academy yet?

What sort of build/equipment are you using? The ashes can change your scaling but I think it's still best to choose one that's going to fit your playstyle.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #81 on: March 18, 2022, 06:12:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

They're not crap they're just not OP anymore, still one of the best spirits around when fully leveled though people are also fond of Black Knife Tiche apparently.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #82 on: March 18, 2022, 12:38:21 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That's a hard fight solo, I'd come back to it. Have you been underground or to the area North East of the Magic Academy yet?

What sort of build/equipment are you using? The ashes can change your scaling but I think it's still best to choose one that's going to fit your playstyle.

I’m running the same str/dex build I’ve done in every Soulsborne for no good reason. Swapping between Longsword and Greatsword (currently the not so great Lordsworn Greatsword which does stagger quickly).

I’ve beaten the one Deer boss in Siofra, I don’t know if there’s anything else to do there? Need to get the 2nd medal for the Grand Lift but I was looking in the wrong place for it. I think my weapons are probably under leveled too for being this far in - is there a 3rd bell bearing that lets you buy 4+5 smithing stones?

palelight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #83 on: March 18, 2022, 02:47:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I’m running the same str/dex build I’ve done in every Soulsborne for no good reason. Swapping between Longsword and Greatsword (currently the not so great Lordsworn Greatsword which does stagger quickly).

I’ve beaten the one Deer boss in Siofra, I don’t know if there’s anything else to do there? Need to get the 2nd medal for the Grand Lift but I was looking in the wrong place for it. I think my weapons are probably under leveled too for being this far in - is there a 3rd bell bearing that lets you buy 4+5 smithing stones?

The bell bearings for the higher number stones are pretty late game, like 3rd and 2nd last non-optional areas. I gambled on two weapons to max out with found stones and then once I was done with the main quest, got the bearings, and grinded the shit out of them before starting NG+ because the bearings don't carry over (but your stones do).

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2022, 07:42:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

With a build like that I'd experiment with ashes that are going allow you to do things like attack faster or from range and then make sure you choose strength scaling for the bonus damage

That's pretty much it in Siofra for now, if you haven't thoroughly explore Liurnia of the Leakes or Caelid then I'd say do those next

You're just going to have to rely on finding stones for the time being. If you can find mines in Caelid that would be a good place to search.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #85 on: March 20, 2022, 11:02:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

With a build like that I'd experiment with ashes that are going allow you to do things like attack faster or from range and then make sure you choose strength scaling for the bonus damage

That's pretty much it in Siofra for now, if you haven't thoroughly explore Liurnia of the Leakes or Caelid then I'd say do those next

You're just going to have to rely on finding stones for the time being. If you can find mines in Caelid that would be a good place to search.

So I found the bell bearing for +3 and +4 stones at the top of Altus plateau. I didn’t even activate the lift, just made it up through the scaffolding area, the boss of which I had already practiced on in another mine level. Nearly doubled my weapon level, which helped. Turns out I already had tons of +4 but not enough +3s to allow me to use them.

Went back to where that double ganker bosses were and they were no longer there and the way to Radahn was open. Beat him in like 6 tries which was surprisingly quick for how everyone was pumping him up.

Working my way in a bunch of different directions now.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1239
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #86 on: March 20, 2022, 12:20:58 PM »
Is it me or is there not much armor in this game?  I’m fairly far in (level 60), and I’m still using the same plain Jane knight armor I got in my first couple hours because I can’t really find anything else and what I actually do manage to find is worse than what I already have.  Maybe I’m just a dumbass and am missing a bunch of armor.

Also, is there any way to compare the stats of something you want to buy against what you currently have equipped?  It’s like they just forgot to put that in the game.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #87 on: March 20, 2022, 01:51:10 PM »
Is it me or is there not much armor in this game?  I’m fairly far in (level 60), and I’m still using the same plain Jane knight armor I got in my first couple hours because I can’t really find anything else and what I actually do manage to find is worse than what I already have.  Maybe I’m just a dumbass and am missing a bunch of armor.

Also, is there any way to compare the stats of something you want to buy against what you currently have equipped?  It’s like they just forgot to put that in the game.

I’m in the same boat, armor wise. I’m thinking that maybe there’s more stuff available than I realize from random merchants but it’s spread out all over? Thinking about killing all the merchants just because that makes everything available in one spot.

Maybe the boss armor is good? The Finger Maiden husk sells those but I never have money when I’m there.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2022, 06:28:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

So I found the bell bearing for +3 and +4 stones at the top of Altus plateau. I didn’t even activate the lift, just made it up through the scaffolding area, the boss of which I had already practiced on in another mine level. Nearly doubled my weapon level, which helped. Turns out I already had tons of +4 but not enough +3s to allow me to use them.

Went back to where that double ganker bosses were and they were no longer there and the way to Radahn was open. Beat him in like 6 tries which was surprisingly quick for how everyone was pumping him up.

Working my way in a bunch of different directions now.

Nice work. Those guys will be back at Redmane Castle again now if you want to try them again.

They actually just nerfed Radahn in the latest patch but I haven't gone back to see how different the fight is yet. Surprisingly they haven't nerfed any late game bosses that people are actually asking for nerfs for yet.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #89 on: March 21, 2022, 06:29:44 AM »

There's a metric fuckton of armor actually they're just doled out very slowly and some are pretty hidden. A lot of it is going to be mid-to-later game. It's mostly just cosmetic anyways in my opinion, the stat differences are generally minimal all things considered unless you need defense against a specific element.

No good way to compare against a shops inventory that I've found unfortunately
« Last Edit: March 21, 2022, 06:40:28 AM by Theme For A Jackal »