Author Topic: Soulsborne Thread/Question  (Read 8848 times)

Bunk Moreland

Re: Soulsborne Thread/Question
« Reply #90 on: March 28, 2022, 11:12:00 AM »
I got pretty buzzed and beat godrick last night. I used that jellyfish to pull aggro off of me and was just patient about it all. Worked out well. I’m like level 28 and I haven’t really left limgrave or weeping peninsula. Trying to clear everything before I move on. I did make my way into caelid, fuck that place.

Theme For A Jackal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #91 on: March 28, 2022, 01:21:30 PM »
I got pretty buzzed and beat godrick last night. I used that jellyfish to pull aggro off of me and was just patient about it all. Worked out well. I’m like level 28 and I haven’t really left limgrave or weeping peninsula. Trying to clear everything before I move on. I did make my way into caelid, fuck that place.

Yeah it's a hellhole. I would do the area north of Limgrave before I did Caelid whenever you get ready to move on.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #92 on: March 28, 2022, 02:17:10 PM »
Beat Elden Lord #4. It’s weird how the difficulty is really all over the place. I thought he was a snap but then there will be a random boss in the middle of nowhere that feels completely unbeatable.

I’ve unlocked V. Manor and the cold place but I’m not sure which way to go first. I think there still might be stuff I’m missing in Liurnia and Caelid and definitely some stuff in Altus.

Are there any trigger events that lock you out of certain endings? I was going to save scum them all.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #93 on: March 28, 2022, 02:31:18 PM »
Beat Elden Lord #4. It’s weird how the difficulty is really all over the place. I thought he was a snap but then there will be a random boss in the middle of nowhere that feels completely unbeatable.

I’ve unlocked V. Manor and the cold place but I’m not sure which way to go first. I think there still might be stuff I’m missing in Liurnia and Caelid and definitely some stuff in Altus.

Are there any trigger events that lock you out of certain endings? I was going to save scum them all.

I feel like boss difficulty is always hard to balance in these games because there's so much build variety... some are going to be really easy for some playstyles that are hard for others and vice versa. I've never seen anyone complain about that boss being hard though but that might be for obvious reasons I don't want to spoil for others.

Volcano Manor is optional content but it's really rad so I suggest doing it, the mountains are mandatory. Beating the final boss of the mountains does change some things in the game and can lock you out of some stuff.

As far as endings goes there's two that are tied to NPC quests that are very missable, those quests also unlock additional areas and have exclusive boss fights. There's another ending tied to a side area that will lock you out from getting all the other ones so it's suggested to do that last if you're going to save scum because once you start it you can't walk it back. If anyone wants specifics DM me.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 02:39:32 PM by Theme For A Jackal »

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #94 on: April 03, 2022, 12:22:14 AM »
Bird farmed for an hour today. My kid said I was cheating. Made the game way more enjoyable.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #95 on: April 03, 2022, 06:45:28 AM »
Is that where a bird jumps off a tree for 10000 runes or something? Where is that?

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #96 on: April 03, 2022, 08:20:04 AM »
Is that where a bird jumps off a tree for 10000 runes or something? Where is that?
Yea. You need to be in liurnia and talk to the guy from the start of the game, the white mask guy when you get outside for the first time. He’s at the church of roses in liurnia now. Do 3 invasions, soak a cloth in maiden’s blood, and he give you a thing to teleport to mohg’s palace. It took me a while to get to the maiden’s blood. There’s guides, just google elden ring bird farm. Went up like 60 levels yesterday from that hour.

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 114
« Reply #97 on: April 05, 2022, 02:59:18 PM »
This is my first Souls game, and I gotta tell you I think it kind of sucks. Being hard is one thing, but I’m just bored to tears. I feel like I just walk around aimlessly and die. It’s…just boring and not very fun. I think I’m going to return it.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #98 on: April 05, 2022, 06:36:20 PM »
I think it’s really good but I can’t imagine it being my first Souls experience. Not that the previous titles hold your hand in any way but they do somewhat funnel you in the right direction and introduce the navigation concepts bit by bit.

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #99 on: April 05, 2022, 07:02:01 PM »
This was the first one I got into. I bought bloodborne  twice, ds3 twice, couldn’t get into them. I want to go back and try them again now that I have a better idea as to what I’m doing.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #100 on: April 05, 2022, 09:49:29 PM »
This is my first Souls game, and I gotta tell you I think it kind of sucks. Being hard is one thing, but I’m just bored to tears. I feel like I just walk around aimlessly and die. It’s…just boring and not very fun. I think I’m going to return it.

This game takes quite a while to really accomplish anything, the key is to finally not die to something so you earn runes or equipment or upgrade your gear or find a checkpoint and keep pushing outward
« Last Edit: April 05, 2022, 10:21:40 PM by Theme For A Jackal »

Willie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #102 on: April 10, 2022, 06:52:46 AM »
I want this as a shirt:

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #103 on: April 11, 2022, 09:06:27 AM »
I want this as a shirt:

Love how everyone gets their own font... and 'special guest Leonard'

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #104 on: April 11, 2022, 07:02:05 PM »
Expand Quote
I want this as a shirt:

[close]

As the dickhead who bails on the gig, Patches needs some '94 GnR font.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #105 on: April 12, 2022, 06:46:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I want this as a shirt:

[close]

[close]

As the dickhead who bails on the gig, Patches needs some '94 GnR font.

Patches being summonable and immediately 'nope'-ing out of the fight is a tremendously funny bit

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1239
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #106 on: April 14, 2022, 07:16:58 AM »
In mountaintops of giants now getting butt r’ed by all the frost attacks.  I put on all the frost resistant shit I  have but it still isn’t enough.    >:(
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #107 on: April 14, 2022, 09:02:45 AM »
That’s my next spot, but I went back to caelid and gonna do volcano manor after that.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #108 on: April 14, 2022, 10:57:45 AM »
Been bored so playing a second character, doing a greatsword build just to try something different (I typically do dex on my first runs). About 12 hours in and steamrolled everything on the way to the capital but went back to fight Radahn and my low vigor is catching up with me.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2022, 12:06:55 PM by Theme For A Jackal »

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #109 on: April 20, 2022, 05:26:23 PM »
On the Malenia boss fight now… I might not be able to beat her.  She just whooped my ass like four dozen times in a row no matter what I try to do.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #110 on: April 20, 2022, 05:47:19 PM »
I read that she’s broken now and will heal with random swings, not making contact.

I haven’t played in a few days, but I finished ranni’s quest line the other day. I still don’t know what this game’s about.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #111 on: April 21, 2022, 08:10:25 AM »
Man Elden Ring is something else. I’m a level 115 mage and getting my ass handed to me in the lydnell sewers after absolutely mowing the big boss fight at the base of the tree. Fuckin lobsters just destroying me lol.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #112 on: April 22, 2022, 06:18:25 AM »
I read that she’s broken now and will heal with random swings, not making contact.

I haven’t played in a few days, but I finished ranni’s quest line the other day. I still don’t know what this game’s about.

Pretty typical experience, can't really even begin to piece these games together until after you've beat them and can research lore in my experience. That said I really like the story and lore. Ranni rules, loved her quest.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #113 on: April 22, 2022, 10:39:54 AM »
Man Elden Ring is something else. I’m a level 115 mage and getting my ass handed to me in the lydnell sewers after absolutely mowing the big boss fight at the base of the tree. Fuckin lobsters just destroying me lol.

That area is hell. Was the absolute last thing I did for other reasons I won't spoil.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1084
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #114 on: April 23, 2022, 04:56:08 PM »
This was the first one I got into. I bought bloodborne  twice, ds3 twice, couldn’t get into them. I want to go back and try them again now that I have a better idea as to what I’m doing.

I bought bloodborne years ago, played for a couple of hours and immediately gave up. Since elden ring came out I've been super tempted to get it, but worried about my past experience with other From games. I booted bloodborne back up and now 'm 30+ hours in and fully addicted. Going for the platinum. Elden Ring will probably be my first purchase if/when I ever get my hands on a PS5.

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #115 on: April 24, 2022, 07:54:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I bought bloodborne years ago, played for a couple of hours and immediately gave up. Since elden ring came out I've been super tempted to get it, but worried about my past experience with other From games. I booted bloodborne back up and now 'm 30+ hours in and fully addicted. Going for the platinum. Elden Ring will probably be my first purchase if/when I ever get my hands on a PS5.

I'd also had Bloodborne on ice for a while (maybe a 60% main story completion?), and decided to boot it back up after ER. Went in hard and ended up getting the DLC soon after, which is goddamn incredible. In the thick of the Chalice Dungeons now, which is something else. Only one I can't really get into is Sekiro, but I'm going to keep trying until it happens.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #116 on: April 25, 2022, 10:31:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Still runs good on a PS4 from what I hear and it's a free upgrade to the PS5 version when you end up getting one

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #117 on: April 25, 2022, 10:33:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I'd also had Bloodborne on ice for a while (maybe a 60% main story completion?), and decided to boot it back up after ER. Went in hard and ended up getting the DLC soon after, which is goddamn incredible. In the thick of the Chalice Dungeons now, which is something else. Only one I can't really get into is Sekiro, but I'm going to keep trying until it happens.

The thing with Sekiro is that previous experience with Souls games is a hindrance at first and you have to unlearn a lot of habits. Dodging is generally the wrong way to go and will punish you pretty hard, you have to rely on the parrying almost exclusively and jumping over attacks here and there.

That's said it's a terrific game

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #118 on: April 26, 2022, 07:29:53 AM »
I’m at the last fight. Destroyed it, thought “that’s it?!” That’s not it. Going back to clean some stuff up and get the bell bearings for all the smithing stones and glove warts.

I get into haligtree and hit a wall. I tried for an hour to get off of the branches. That big puffy one sniping you with bubbles from across the map, infuriating. I wanted to put a controller through my TV.

I don’t know if I want to play ng+ or take a break or just run a new game. I feel like this has taken years off my life.

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #119 on: April 26, 2022, 09:13:04 AM »

I get into haligtree and hit a wall. I tried for an hour to get off of the branches. That big puffy one sniping you with bubbles from across the map, infuriating. I wanted to put a controller through my TV.

I ended up just finding the most direct route to run and just hauled ass through it without even trying to fight anything.  Just rolling through those stupid fucking bubbles whenever I saw em coming.