Author Topic: Soulsborne Thread/Question  (Read 9029 times)

linty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 36
Re: Soulsborne Thread/Question
« Reply #150 on: January 25, 2023, 01:17:26 AM »

Started a new playthrough a couple of weeks ago. Tried my hardest not to do another dex character but failed. I'll skip Rivers of Blood and Mimic Tear this time around, promise!

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #151 on: January 25, 2023, 01:11:41 PM »

Started a new playthrough a couple of weeks ago. Tried my hardest not to do another dex character but failed. I'll skip Rivers of Blood and Mimic Tear this time around, promise!

*uses Moonveil and Black Knife Tiche instead*

jk

linty

« Reply #152 on: January 25, 2023, 08:45:50 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

jk
Ha, I did pump int up to 22 but I've haven't let go of uchi + nagakiba just yet. We'll see how many times I'll give Melania a go before I waltz into her arena with Lhutel the Headless or whatever.

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 468
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #153 on: January 26, 2023, 07:24:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

jk
[close]
Ha, I did pump int up to 22 but I've haven't let go of uchi + nagakiba just yet. We'll see how many times I'll give Melania a go before I waltz into her arena with Lhutel the Headless or whatever.

I couldn't let go of the Uchigatana either, running that at like +14 with a +5 moonveil halfway through the game. Lhutel took me through the 1st half of the game at +5 no problem, she's a fucking tank. Trying to pump mimic tear now like a chump (this is my first playthrough) but hot damn it's tough to tank the mimic up with a bunch of stuff you don't want to run in a boss fight (i.e., shabiri's woe or hell, even shields/weapons/other talismans) and then switch it out to your main setup without taking a shitload of damage (unless they are super slow). Taking time to farm a bunch of rare weapons that I have no intention of using, got a couple of halo scythes, crested halberd and a spiked spear, really want that Cleanrot spear though... Fuck, those Cleanrot knights are bad dudes!
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #154 on: January 26, 2023, 09:01:52 AM »
I've always been a huge fan of katanas, the moveset and reach is just nice, so it's unfortunate that the two weapons with the worst reputation for spamming/being overpowered both happen to be cool ass katanas

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #155 on: January 26, 2023, 10:02:00 AM »
I've always been a huge fan of katanas, the moveset and reach is just nice, so it's unfortunate that the two weapons with the worst reputation for spamming/being overpowered both happen to be cool ass katanas
you don't have to use the ash of wars! i dual wield w/ RoB but i either don't use an ash of war, or use one on my uchi/naga. i used moonveil for probably 3/4 of my first playthrough and i will admit that it definitely makes shit way too easy if you spam the ash of war

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #156 on: January 30, 2023, 02:02:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
you don't have to use the ash of wars! i dual wield w/ RoB but i either don't use an ash of war, or use one on my uchi/naga. i used moonveil for probably 3/4 of my first playthrough and i will admit that it definitely makes shit way too easy if you spam the ash of war

For sure, but at that point I might as well just use the Uchi with whatever ash I want. I've mostly been experimenting with builds I wouldn't typically use these days, though... been messing around with the Winged Scythe lately.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1109
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #157 on: February 11, 2023, 10:45:31 AM »
Working my way through consecrated snow fields and now am well and truly in “git gud” territory. Feel like I’m getting worked even by standard enemies. Been fun but challenging

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #158 on: February 12, 2023, 03:12:39 PM »
Working my way through consecrated snow fields and now am well and truly in “git gud” territory. Feel like I’m getting worked even by standard enemies. Been fun but challenging
make it to malenia yet?

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #159 on: February 12, 2023, 04:05:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
make it to malenia yet?

No, saving her (and dreading it). Just got the first haligtree Grace but I’m going to do mohg first then farum azula

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #160 on: February 13, 2023, 05:43:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
make it to malenia yet?
[close]

No, saving her (and dreading it). Just got the first haligtree Grace but I’m going to do mohg first then farum azula

Hot damn, you've been progressing pretty quick BHJ, you and you're damn underbite... Went on a good one on Saturday morning, beat the Night's Cavalry and Deathbird in Caelid (yes I know Night's Cavalry are a joke, but that Deathbird was a bitch), went up to Windmill Village and took out the Godskin Apostle 1st T, then took out the Bell Bearing Hunter at the Isolated Merchants Shack in Caelid and finally to the Divine Tower of Caelid to no-hit that Godskin Apostle. I had a real issue with the Godskin Nobel at the top of the Carian Study Hall and found the Apostle much easier, albeit I'm not looking forward to fighting both. I also spend a lot of time grinding/farming for rear weapons and crafting materials, while also doing most everything possible before moving on to a new area, less it be a side-quest requirement, hence I've already put like 250 hours into the game. Now back to finish the Minor Erdtree in Altus and back off to Mt. Gelmir and Volcano Manor. I did take one step into the Gelmir Hero's Grave, saw what it was all about and decided I'd save that one for another day...

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #161 on: February 13, 2023, 07:53:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
make it to malenia yet?
[close]

[close]

Hot damn, you've been progressing pretty quick BHJ, you and you're damn underbite... Went on a good one on Saturday morning, beat the Night's Cavalry and Deathbird in Caelid (yes I know Night's Cavalry are a joke, but that Deathbird was a bitch), went up to Windmill Village and took out the Godskin Apostle 1st T, then took out the Bell Bearing Hunter at the Isolated Merchants Shack in Caelid and finally to the Divine Tower of Caelid to no-hit that Godskin Apostle. I had a real issue with the Godskin Nobel at the top of the Carian Study Hall and found the Apostle much easier, albeit I'm not looking forward to fighting both. I also spend a lot of time grinding/farming for rear weapons and crafting materials, while also doing most everything possible before moving on to a new area, less it be a side-quest requirement, hence I've already put like 250 hours into the game. Now back to finish the Minor Erdtree in Altus and back off to Mt. Gelmir and Volcano Manor. I did take one step into the Gelmir Hero's Grave, saw what it was all about and decided I'd save that one for another day...

all the hero's graves are such nightmares. Also, no Night Rider or death bird is a walk n the park. I just handled the last ones in consecrated snow fields, pretty sure I'm done with them which is nice.

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #162 on: February 13, 2023, 09:49:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
make it to malenia yet?
[close]

[close]

[close]

all the hero's graves are such nightmares. Also, no Night Rider or death bird is a walk n the park. I just handled the last ones in consecrated snow fields, pretty sure I'm done with them which is nice.

I do believe you are correct, shouldn't see any Deathbirds after that! What setup/build are you using? I'm using a primarily dex/int/strength build with a +9 Moonveil (I know, sue me), +14 Longbow, base Gravity Staff, Dragon Communion Seal (scarlet rot is the shit) and rocking the Royal Remnants armor with some sorcerers pointy hat (not Renalla's) for the fuck of it. I really wanted to build strength for the colossal weapons but still primarily find myself using the katanas more often than not, hence I may just abandon strength at this point and keep stacking dex. I can't wait to play through again with a different build but also don't want the game to end on my current playthrough...

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #163 on: February 13, 2023, 08:53:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
make it to malenia yet?
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I do believe you are correct, shouldn't see any Deathbirds after that! What setup/build are you using? I'm using a primarily dex/int/strength build with a +9 Moonveil (I know, sue me), +14 Longbow, base Gravity Staff, Dragon Communion Seal (scarlet rot is the shit) and rocking the Royal Remnants armor with some sorcerers pointy hat (not Renalla's) for the fuck of it. I really wanted to build strength for the colossal weapons but still primarily find myself using the katanas more often than not, hence I may just abandon strength at this point and keep stacking dex. I can't wait to play through again with a different build but also don't want the game to end on my current playthrough...

I’m Running a +10 bloodhounds fang and a +23 fingerprint stone shield, I’m just a quality build with some points in int to use a couple spells. I also have a couple back up weapons if I need a holy weapon or AOE ash of war. I sort of change up my armor based on how much weight I’m carrying because that shield puts you into heavy load real quick.

linty

« Reply #164 on: February 15, 2023, 03:11:16 AM »
Forgot how annoying Commander Niall can get. Think they nerfed the knights, though.

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #165 on: February 15, 2023, 03:53:53 PM »
Home sick with a cold so knocked out a major chunk of Farum Azula. Godskin Duo down (easy with sleep pots) and dragonlord placidusax down. Nearly 2/3 of the way toward my platinum trophy

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #166 on: February 17, 2023, 09:13:12 PM »

:')

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #167 on: February 18, 2023, 07:36:24 AM »

Nice work... I've platinumed all the games except for Dark Souls and Dark Souls 3 but now I mostly play on PC and need to rebuy all the games and don't think I have it again me to do it all again

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #168 on: February 18, 2023, 02:06:22 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Nice work... I've platinumed all the games except for Dark Souls and Dark Souls 3 but now I mostly play on PC and need to rebuy all the games and don't think I have it again me to do it all again

I’ve only got Bloodborne and now Elden ring. Demons Souls remastered is free on PS Plus so may give that a shot next

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #169 on: February 19, 2023, 12:30:19 PM »
doing a hitless boss playthrough rn (melee no summons), just finally got radahn  8) this game has turned me into a masochist

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #170 on: February 19, 2023, 01:57:38 PM »
doing a hitless boss playthrough rn (melee no summons), just finally got radahn  8) this game has turned me into a masochist

Jesus dude. Godspeed.

linty

« Reply #171 on: February 22, 2023, 10:17:18 AM »
That goddamn master of rings achievement...

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #172 on: February 23, 2023, 05:12:58 PM »
Repurchased Bloodborne off eBay because my old disc went missing. Forgot how difficult some areas and random mobs are. Brutal not being able to block.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #173 on: February 24, 2023, 10:52:55 AM »
Repurchased Bloodborne off eBay because my old disc went missing. Forgot how difficult some areas and random mobs are. Brutal not being able to block.

Idk, dodging has always been better than blocking for me so Bloodborne tends to be the easiest of these games but that's super subjective I realize, tons of people prefer sword and board. I think parries trivialize a lot of the fights once you get them down, too.

This is kind of the thing with Sekiro too... hardest game to pick up initially but once it clicks you can just stomp it into the dirt.

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #174 on: February 28, 2023, 03:19:29 PM »

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #175 on: February 28, 2023, 04:02:22 PM »
lads....the DLC was finally announced
https://twitter.com/ELDENRING/status/1630478058103734274?s=20

trying to not get too excited until there's a date.... being "in development" could mean that we're in for a long wait

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #176 on: March 01, 2023, 06:49:14 AM »
Expand Quote
lads....the DLC was finally announced
https://twitter.com/ELDENRING/status/1630478058103734274?s=20
[close]

trying to not get too excited until there's a date.... being "in development" could mean that we're in for a long wait

It's definitely going to be a while or they would've shown cinematics or gameplay, I think. My guess is they saw how disappointed people were when nothing was revealed on the anniversary and put this out just to stop speculation of there not being any DLC.

My bet is that we'll get a full reveal during Summer Games Fest with a fall/winter release date. Saw a rumor today that it's planned to release after Armored Core 6 which is being planned for September/October but take that with a grain of salt.

Definitely hoping I’m wrong and we get it sooner though!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 08:12:23 AM by Theme For A Jackal »

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #177 on: March 28, 2023, 05:03:58 AM »
Forgot how annoying Commander Niall can get. Think they nerfed the knights, though.

I dreaded walking through that fog door (this is my first playthrough and I had only a few flasks left) and ended up having an easier time fighting him than the entirety of Castle Sol. I got killed by the duel wield banished knight EVERY TIME in the actual castle but I'm not going to lie, my summon fucking nerfed them in the Niall fight in like 3 hits. Found him to be a very enjoyable and a somewhat cinematic fight, similar to O'Neill in that aspect and the fact I didn't have an issue fighting them. Like I'm able to beat some bosses without any issue that really give people a hard time and then get my ass whopped by like a burial watchdog or an imp.

Finally finished Consecrated Snowfield and Miquella's Haligtree/Elphael Brace of the Haligtree without too many issues, those royal revenants are way easier to kill using great heal or some other kind of healing spell and finally getting all of those sweet sweet somber ancient dragon smithing stones. Fucking shit, I had such a hard time when I first got the the Mountaintop of the Giants, as the scaling of normal enemies was really off-putting at first (like getting 2 shotted by a damn bird) and since I was used to fighting almost any enemy I came across prior to that, which I've found is not the best strategy in the later game. Finished off Millicent's questline and have finally made it to the Malardia's Boom Boom Palace. Will start making attempts on her when I get home today, maybe I'll get lucky...

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #178 on: March 28, 2023, 09:16:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I dreaded walking through that fog door (this is my first playthrough and I had only a few flasks left) and ended up having an easier time fighting him than the entirety of Castle Sol. I got killed by the duel wield banished knight EVERY TIME in the actual castle but I'm not going to lie, my summon fucking nerfed them in the Niall fight in like 3 hits. Found him to be a very enjoyable and a somewhat cinematic fight, similar to O'Neill in that aspect and the fact I didn't have an issue fighting them. Like I'm able to beat some bosses without any issue that really give people a hard time and then get my ass whopped by like a burial watchdog or an imp.

Finally finished Consecrated Snowfield and Miquella's Haligtree/Elphael Brace of the Haligtree without too many issues, those royal revenants are way easier to kill using great heal or some other kind of healing spell and finally getting all of those sweet sweet somber ancient dragon smithing stones. Fucking shit, I had such a hard time when I first got the the Mountaintop of the Giants, as the scaling of normal enemies was really off-putting at first (like getting 2 shotted by a damn bird) and since I was used to fighting almost any enemy I came across prior to that, which I've found is not the best strategy in the later game. Finished off Millicent's questline and have finally made it to the Malardia's Boom Boom Palace. Will start making attempts on her when I get home today, maybe I'll get lucky...

You’ve got it. Takes time, but it’s doable

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #179 on: March 28, 2023, 09:51:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

You’ve got it. Takes time, but it’s doable

Only the power of Bart Harley Jarvis could give me the strength to take on Malardia, a baby that aggressive... Whoooooo-weeeee my chances be looking good now!

Update: Took me maybe 20 tries but the I summoned the power of The Mighty BHJ and took her down to screaming fanfare that scared my dogs.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 06:54:57 PM by Jim and Dan »