Author Topic: Brand Mistakes  (Read 12350 times)

gaunting

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Brand Mistakes
« Reply #120 on: May 04, 2020, 07:50:48 PM »
Bobs burgers and hello kitty collabos, turning your brand into a billboard for someone elses work in general

for real. it didn’t surprise me a company used bobs burgers, it just surprised me it was habitat. 🤦🏼‍♂️
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2210
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #121 on: May 04, 2020, 10:25:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just about every brand out there is fucking up big time by not capitalizing on this massive Amapiano movement that is sweeping the globe
[close]

Never even heard of this
[close]

open up your eyes

[close]

Shit fucking sucks
[close]

🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕
Seriously though, THIS homey should be on AmaPiano’s payroll! Speaking of AmaPiano; who’s on their team? Who’s going pro next?!?

AmaPiano Skateboards, the newest deck taking South Africa by storm.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 10:26:42 PM by Lou Strux »

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 964
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #122 on: May 05, 2020, 08:06:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Pizza is a giant fucking mistake
[close]

It's where Mangos go to die. What a fucking waste. That kid kills in my opinion.
[close]
Mango is Frog Skateboards.

That's not the same brand?
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

noninjasinstreetfighter

• Rep: 19
« Reply #123 on: May 05, 2020, 08:19:49 PM »
WKND not acting like a real brand and letting Austyn leave. Without him now Johan is the face of the company and I just can't have that.

I understand it’s hard to get music rights but some of the songs on Death Dance didn’t do it for me. Replay value isn’t there and I love WKND.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1376
« Reply #124 on: May 05, 2020, 08:25:34 PM »
If I hear one more thing about amapiano, I swear to God I'm going to start listening to amapiano.

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
« Reply #125 on: May 05, 2020, 08:27:13 PM »
Chocolate not adding Jordan trahan yet. They need more east coast guys on their team.

why?

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #126 on: May 05, 2020, 08:29:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

It's where Mangos go to die. What a fucking waste. That kid kills in my opinion.
[close]
[close]

Nah Pizza is too Sacto to be Frog.

Hairy Ballsagna

• Rep: 32
« Reply #127 on: May 05, 2020, 09:27:22 PM »
Emerica STILL hasn't re-released the MJ and called it the Phelper.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #128 on: May 06, 2020, 05:02:46 AM »

I can't accept this cunt isnt taking the piss

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #129 on: May 06, 2020, 05:18:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Bobs burgers and hello kitty collabos, turning your brand into a billboard for someone elses work in general
[close]

for real. it didn’t surprise me a company used bobs burgers, it just surprised me it was habitat. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Had to beat NHS to at least one shitty collab
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

iNeverSkated

• Rep: 36
  • is this right?
« Reply #130 on: May 06, 2020, 05:46:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just about every brand out there is fucking up big time by not capitalizing on this massive Amapiano movement that is sweeping the globe
[close]

Never even heard of this
[close]

open up your eyes

[close]

Shit fucking sucks
[close]

🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕

Are you South African?

- No mon, am a piano!

Edit: Sorry, that's my first thought every time I see the word "amapiano"

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #131 on: May 06, 2020, 05:54:31 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I really thought he had a collection of real Doritos.

This guy is the worst.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

alonelikeastone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • 608z.
    • Meh. avatar image
« Reply #132 on: May 06, 2020, 07:42:51 AM »
95d wheels. All sizes.  Where are they?!

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #133 on: May 06, 2020, 10:53:40 AM »
Huf stopping shoes. Not sure if they switched up factories on the last run but whatever manufacturer made the last batch of hupper 2 hi nailed it

I'm with this. Obviously I can't speak to the financials behind it, but they were the only 'core' skate shoe brand who consistently made shoes I actually liked over the past 10-ish years. And they made smart team decisions - they didn't have a huge team or a lot of A-list names, but they showcased guys that were cool and interesting that contributed to their vibe, and that now seem to just be in pro-flow limbo on other brands.

Can't believe whatever vulture capital firm owned them chose Huf as the skate shoe brand to cut, and not Lakai. Maybe Lakai was selling way more shoes than Huf, but I have no idea how. I don't remember the last Lakai team rider or shoe model that I cared about.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #134 on: May 06, 2020, 12:06:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Chocolate not adding Jordan trahan yet. They need more east coast guys on their team.
[close]

why?

Just to diversify from where they are currently. Like back when they had Gino, keenan, Stevie from the East to blend in with the West coast dudes.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #135 on: May 06, 2020, 01:19:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

why?
[close]

Just to diversify from where they are currently. Like back when they had Gino, keenan, Stevie from the East to blend in with the West coast dudes.
While I do miss the east coast presence on Chocolate. I feel all those guys were living in Cali when they got on, except Stevie who may have peaced back to Philly from SF by that time. Also the case for SJ and Marc who grew up in DC and North Carolina. Same with the guys who grew up on the east coast (or nearby areas) who got on Girl back in the day. I could be wrong, but it seems almost all of Gino/Keenans shared Mouse footage is Cali stuff. Same with the Blind/101 stuff they had just prior to joining in Trilogy and 20 Shot Sequence. Later on Gino moved back and it was mostly east coast stuff in Chocolate Tour and Yeah Right. Only east coast guy on Crail who seemed to never move out West was Pops who got on through being on Lakai.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 05:08:46 PM by DannyDee »

dkn

• Rep: -27
  • to be all ways to be all ways to be all ways to be
« Reply #136 on: May 06, 2020, 03:16:19 PM »
what if Palace put on Bastian & Penny

covid-19

• Rep: -12
« Reply #137 on: May 06, 2020, 03:25:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

im weak

secondhandstoke

• Rep: -448
« Reply #138 on: May 06, 2020, 04:49:11 PM »
Spitfire made a huge mistake when they released Lacey Baker wheels when his hame is Leon, no Lacey.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #139 on: May 06, 2020, 07:21:47 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

holy shit, this guy is beyond whack. couldn’t get through this whole thing, and Doritos are disgusting.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #140 on: May 07, 2020, 07:50:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

why?
[close]

[close]
While I do miss the east coast presence on Chocolate. I feel all those guys were living in Cali when they got on, except Stevie who may have peaced back to Philly from SF by that time. Also the case for SJ and Marc who grew up in DC and North Carolina. Same with the guys who grew up on the east coast (or nearby areas) who got on Girl back in the day. I could be wrong, but it seems almost all of Gino/Keenans shared Mouse footage is Cali stuff. Same with the Blind/101 stuff they had just prior to joining in Trilogy and 20 Shot Sequence. Later on Gino moved back and it was mostly east coast stuff in Chocolate Tour and Yeah Right. Only east coast guy on Crail who seemed to never move out West was Pops who got on through being on Lakai.

Yeah they didn't have a whole lot of east coast footage but the style they skated was different than Gabriel or Richard.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -607
« Reply #141 on: May 24, 2020, 07:29:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I seriously hate Castrucci now for how he's run that brand into the ground. If you would've told me back in the day when I was watching Mosaic that this same brand would do collabs with NASA, Bob's Burgers, and Twin Peaks, I would've slapped you.
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

bootyshortsrocketflip

• Rep: 1
« Reply #142 on: May 24, 2020, 07:59:07 AM »
Calling yourself "Pizza Skateboards".
Find the biggest rail you can, feeble it, high five Rhino

PeggyHillsShittySpanish

• Rep: 2
« Reply #143 on: May 24, 2020, 11:37:54 AM »
Emerica not having some decent flagship color ways of the wino G6 slip on. Have black and gum that’s always available or like the Leabres blue and black one from a few seasons back. I can’t imagine red, peach, mint, or other frat boy colors sell very well. Make it a classic like the Accel with consistent color ways.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #144 on: May 24, 2020, 11:58:58 AM »
Emerica not having some decent flagship color ways of the wino G6 slip on. Have black and gum that’s always available or like the Leabres blue and black one from a few seasons back. I can’t imagine red, peach, mint, or other frat boy colors sell very well. Make it a classic like the Accel with consistent color ways.

Nothing Emerica will make in 2020 will be a 'classic'.

Little Debbie

« Reply #145 on: May 24, 2020, 12:21:58 PM »
for real, wtf are they twiddling their thumbs for