Author Topic: what kinda jeans do you skate in?  (Read 6562 times)

abraham linksys

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
what kinda jeans do you skate in?
« on: May 08, 2020, 12:53:55 PM »
got a pair of 504 skate levis and ripped the crotch part under the zipper skating flat ground.(p.s not fat)
I usually skate in chinos/pants but can't beat a pair of good denim here n there

so what jeans do y'all skate in that actually stretch that aren't skin tight?

remember how old kr3w denim used to stretch? like the greco denim? man those were the days
everything now is too confusing with materials. 
4% elastane or 2% spandex blah blah 3% lycra blah etc...melting my mind with strange percentages.

soo something relaxed fit that stretches...

volcom? dickies? vans? brixton? rvca? other? maybe not skate brand based?

please help me out since I can't buy anything in public until 2021! :P

Fernandito

• Rep: -77

Vintagebody

• Rep: 78
Re: what kinda jeans do you skate in?
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2020, 01:02:50 PM »
Carhartt Newel, Levis 501 and Polar '93.
If they are baggy you dont need stretch, just a light fabric

Live Fast Johnny

• Rep: 22
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2020, 01:03:46 PM »
I love the Denizen by Levis 218s at Target.   Despite the cheap price, this pair has lasted me over a year of skating and working on cars/motorcycles.  They have a nice stretch but the overall fit is not too slim to move freely in.

https://www.target.com/p/denizen-174-from-levi-s-174-men-s-218-straight-fit-jeans/-/A-54551691?preselect=52581716#lnk=sametab

chris.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 184
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2020, 01:06:55 PM »
Just started wearing Rustler jeans again like I did back in high school. $11 a pop at Wal-Mart, come in 36 inch inseam, not skinny or slim in any way (a positive for me), and pretty durable.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2020, 01:43:11 PM »
Levi’s 511. but one size up, so I don’t look like Corey duffel.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Sona

• Rep: -82
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2020, 01:49:17 PM »
anything that makes my butt look big
~

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2020, 01:59:07 PM »
anything that makes my butt look big

Asking for a friend

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2020, 02:08:59 PM »
Anything baggy makes me look shorter, so I get slim fit jeans with that stretch material built in.  In the cold weather/pandemic, I've mostly been skating in sweatpants though.

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2020, 02:32:55 PM »
The Levi's 511 commuter jeans were great since they had a reinforced crotch area and was made with stretch material.

Like someone else said, I got them one size up so they didn't feel 2004 Baker team tight.

shawngreg

• Rep: 63
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2020, 02:56:51 PM »
These:

https://www.carhartt.com/products/Rugged-Flex-Relaxed-Straight-Jean-102804

literally came in here to post those.  i sized up on the waist for mine

i also like levis 541 athletic fit.  they even have stretch to them

WideFeet

• Rep: 82
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2020, 04:19:09 PM »
Volcom Solver and Volcom Kinkade’s. Good stretch, comfortable, and last a long time.

I recently discovered Levi’s 514’s. I thrifted them. Not sure if they even make them anymore, but thy fit like the Volcom Solver’s. Super stretchy.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2020, 04:46:44 PM »
levis 513, 502, and 501 (tapered, or 1 size down).

had a couple pairs of the skate version, and the ones I had didn't seem as good as the regular ones.  levi.com has a ton of good sales and clearance
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2020, 04:51:56 PM »

had a couple pairs of the skate version, and the ones I had didn't seem as good as the regular ones.  levi.com has a ton of good sales and clearance

I have a skate pair of 501s and they're a lot slimmer than my non-skate ones. I still like wearing them but I opt to skate in the looser ones.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2020, 04:55:50 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I have a skate pair of 501s and they're a lot slimmer than my non-skate ones. I still like wearing them but I opt to skate in the looser ones.

i find 501s to be too baggy for me generally. i like my pants fitted, but not tight. sometimes they make a tapered version and i get those if I can.  If you like loose, straight leg, regular 501s should be fine.  513s fit me the best but they don't make too many of those
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Lashes2ashes

• Rep: 7
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2020, 05:16:57 PM »
I wear Levi 511 or 512, the stretchyness I have noticed depends greatly on color lol, grey denim has the most stretch. Can’t vouch for the toughness because I run down ramps and avoid sliding, I know bad habit🤣 now if price is not a problem the toughest and most comfortable denim I ever had was a pair of bulletproof jeans , but they were like 120$

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2020, 05:32:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

i find 501s to be too baggy for me generally. i like my pants fitted, but not tight. sometimes they make a tapered version and i get those if I can.  If you like loose, straight leg, regular 501s should be fine.  513s fit me the best but they don't make too many of those

501s are classic, I wear them often, but skating in them is rough, not baggy enough, not stretchy. I’m speaking on 501s stfs

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2020, 05:59:05 PM »
I bought a pair of those 19.91 jeans for the low a few months ago. It was started from a skater that worked at Levi’s supposedly and that got me curious.
https://1991denim.com/en/
The model I got was the “big standard”, which was the widest they offered at the time. When I read relaxed fit in the description I thought they would be a bit wider but they are more of a straight fit with a bit of taper, I think a tad bit slimmer than my 501’s.
They do feel super good, with a good bit of stretch and a lot of attention to detail. They Barely feel like they need any breaking in time.

They haven’t updated their Instagram since last June. The brand is probably toast. I think they messed up with starting the range consisting of 3 options (straight, straight slim and Slim), when the trend was clearly wider and baggier. When they made the baggy option (called “the loose”) it was already too late to recover. A shame because the pants are super good comfort/quality wise and the prices were good too (75€ retail).

Other than that I have been skating Levi’s skate jeans, a pair of indigo 501’s mostly that are getting pretty beat up. I also had a pair of 504’s but they look to slim for my taste nowadays.
I have some Uniqlo wide jeans too that are cool but feel too thick/heavy for me to skate in them.
Kinda wanna try some polar 93’s but seems impossible to find them for a good price (gaddamn it, Pontus really nailed it with the pants!).

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2020, 06:04:51 PM »
511s seem so skinny i wore those in college maybe. i can't imagine it now haha unless they changed the fit

volcom frickin 17 regular/vans chino authentic glide pro
wait those aren't "denim" haven't had a good pair of denim in a while. maybe levi's 512 regular taper or something

Need those carhartts

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2020, 06:15:05 PM »
I bought a pair of those 19.91 jeans for the low a few months ago. It was started from a skater that worked at Levi’s supposedly and that got me curious.
https://1991denim.com/en/
The model I got was the “big standard”, which was the widest they offered at the time. When I read relaxed fit in the description I thought they would be a bit wider but they are more of a straight fit with a bit of taper, I think a tad bit slimmer than my 501’s.
They do feel super good, with a good bit of stretch and a lot of attention to detail. They Barely feel like they need any breaking in time.

They haven’t updated their Instagram since last June. The brand is probably toast. I think they messed up with starting the range consisting of 3 options (straight, straight slim and Slim), when the trend was clearly wider and baggier. When they made the baggy option (called “the loose”) it was already too late to recover. A shame because the pants are super good comfort/quality wise and the prices were good too (75€ retail).
damn. look decent too, nice and detailed. can't imagine stocking a size run of jeans.. look at those size ranges!

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2020, 07:02:14 PM »
anyone ever skate in rustler 5 star regular fit jeans? wanna get some slightly baggier pants, but idk if it’s a big leap from Levi 511.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Stigmata

• Rep: 8
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2020, 07:16:18 PM »
Levis, Joe Aboud, and Banana Republic. Then Volcom Modern Fricken khakis

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2020, 07:49:00 PM »
Right now some Krew kslims
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2020, 07:52:33 PM »
Rustler straights, sized up 4-6 sizes in the waist.
It's a Wrangler offshoot line, incredibly cheap sweatshop shit, $13 at Walmart, good fit for light denim
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2020, 09:44:58 PM »
I just bought a pair of Vans AVE 96 - really loving them so far. Worth checking out imo.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 983
  • the moon rules
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2020, 10:17:58 PM »
Levi’s 541 athletic fits are looser in the thighs and taper down. They’re great. I also like to wear the RVCA week-end elastic waist pant
fuck you bama

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1000
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2020, 10:55:02 PM »
Volcom jeans. Find a fit you like and go from there.

Just the right amount of stretch and the stealth pockets are great for um...your phone ;)

I can't skate in anything else now.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2020, 11:02:09 PM »
Levi's 559, Uniqlo u wide fit jeans

babywantsbluevelvet

• Rep: 36
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2020, 11:37:33 PM »
Alright, time to participate instead of lurking. Levi’s 501 (shrink to fit). My thing is to wash them once and skate in them like 20 times or until they’re absolutely disgusting to wear. After another wash, they’re perfectly broken-in and look awesome. It’s a case of gear madness possibly resulting in more skateboarding.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2020, 01:34:30 AM »
Alright, time to participate instead of lurking. Levi’s 501 (shrink to fit). My thing is to wash them once and skate in them like 20 times or until they’re absolutely disgusting to wear. After another wash, they’re perfectly broken-in and look awesome. It’s a case of gear madness possibly resulting in more skateboarding.

This is super true. More difficult in these COVID times.
I just have to buy them too big to reasonably wear, for them to be comfortable to skate in. Ends up giving me denim boner (waist way too big) flashbacks to goofy boy days