Author Topic: what kinda jeans do you skate in?  (Read 6563 times)

offkilter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
Re: what kinda jeans do you skate in?
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2020, 11:30:55 AM »
The Wrangler Riggs workwear jeans. They are just solid, durable $30 jeans and they have good relaxed fit.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 519
« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2020, 11:44:42 AM »
Anyone try these yet? The stitching is a lil weird but 50% off. Edit: I decided to pull the trigger on these as they got me curious.

https://www.levi.com/US/en_US/apparel/clothing/bottoms/levis-engineered-jeans-570-baggy-taper-jeans/p/727770009

I've got a pair. My first impressions were great but a few wears in realised the taper was way too aggressive and the stitching is a bit too weird makes the fit kinda odd. Sometimes works though

TheCrimsonShroud

• Rep: 98
« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2020, 02:35:34 PM »
Expand Quote
I'm kinda fucked because all my favorite jeans were Roebucks and Land's End. I got a few pairs dirt cheap when my Sears was closing, but should've gotten more. The Land's End ones are about as thick as can be without feeling boxy.
[close]

Haven't had any in ages but back in the day I had some light wash Land's End jeans that were cut exactly like a pair of Blind jeans. They were my favorite and I have no idea what ever became of them.

That's another thing with the Sears shit is the cut. They felt more tailored? I dunno how to describe it other than they fit right from the gitgo.

joeytj

• Rep: 0
« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2020, 03:38:35 PM »
carhartt carpenter jeans that are like 3 sizes too big.

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2020, 03:48:54 PM »
i can only wear dickies and shit and that;'s if i can find my size which is somewhere between 31-32 and it sucks. i have 2 pairs that i can skate in and one has been going for 3 years
even the steven

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2020, 03:48:55 PM »
Are CCS jeans worth skating in and abusing?

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2020, 08:56:32 PM »
Had there ever been a photo taken, of a person wearing 13mwz wranglers, and said person is NOT dressed up like a cowboy?

flintstagram

• Rep: 84
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2020, 12:25:50 AM »
They're not jeans, but wrangler cargo pants from walmart are kind of amazing. Loose, bit of stretch, breathable, cheap. Too bad they've got those stupid fucking cargo pockets by your knees. Otherwise they'd be perfect.

Ed boy

• Rep: 80
« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2021, 10:16:57 AM »

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 967
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2021, 11:31:41 AM »

These are my second favorite jeans I've scored in the last 6 years.

I dig like crazy at the good will. I've never found a better fitting pair. The fly has an issue which is why they aren't my favorite.

These will likely be my next pair of patch pants.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2021, 11:39:45 AM »

I dig like crazy at the good will. I've never found a better fitting pair. The fly has an issue which is why they aren't my favorite.

Couldn’t make the model number. Wranglers are comfortable tho, and decent value.

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1030
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #71 on: January 19, 2021, 12:13:54 PM »
Wrangler's are good. I skate in Levi 501's that I buy from Savers or Goodwill.
(mostly skate in Old Navy Chinos that I only buy when on sale)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 967
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #72 on: January 19, 2021, 12:41:15 PM »
Wrangler's are good. I skate in Levi 501's that I buy from Savers or Goodwill.
(mostly skate in Old Navy Chinos that I only buy when on sale)

I definitely prefer 501s because of the button fly but these old USA wranglers from the 80s last way longer

Expand Quote

[close]

Couldn’t make the model number. Wranglers are comfortable tho, and decent value.

Yeah I can't make out the model number either without the reading glasses
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1030
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #73 on: January 19, 2021, 01:03:01 PM »
Button fly is my jam, BUT it seems like every pair of 501s fit differently.
I have 1 pair that is baggy'ish legs, but waist seems tight
1 pair that seems like slim fit (but says original)
2 pairs that are kind of baggy in waist and in leg

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #74 on: January 19, 2021, 01:51:10 PM »
501s are my go too, when I’m trying to cut down on clutter and just have one thing. Like Boomer said tho, fit is erratic. I just got a new pair of stf, like em.

Wranglers are sick, I’ve tried to snag some vintage ones, but they were stranglers, as the cowboys say. Grape smugglers if you will.

Both jeans work better for skating, for me, if they are pulled up damn near Elijah height. Which offends my 90’s sensibilities, but....

stets

• Rep: 106
« Reply #75 on: January 19, 2021, 02:29:18 PM »
I've been a believer in the Volcom Vorta fit for awhile. Works well on me, slightly slim but not Krew skinny, and they have 31 and 33 options which always work for me if I gain or drop a few pounds.

And they come in a 30 inch inseam option, which is great for me since I've got short legs for my height.
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #76 on: January 19, 2021, 05:50:24 PM »
I've pretty much exclusively worn Carhartts work pants for the past year. Available pretty much nation wide, consistent price, and a decent price for durable pants.

I used to mess around with 501's, but like everyone said the fit is so different, pair to pair. I used to go to a Levi's outlet and always score a pair from the clearance rack for under $25.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #77 on: January 19, 2021, 05:55:34 PM »
I've pretty much exclusively worn Carhartts work pants for the past year. Available pretty much nation wide, consistent price, and a decent price for durable pants.

I used to mess around with 501's, but like everyone said the fit is so different, pair to pair. I used to go to a Levi's outlet and always score a pair from the clearance rack for under $25.

The Carhartt double knee, classic fit. The cut is great for skating. I did a little construction....next thing you know I’m buying expensive coffee in an edgy area in town with my blue collar fetishist kit on, like an asshole, can’t change the oil in my truck. But yes great for skating. I just annoy myself.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1031
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #78 on: January 19, 2021, 07:12:13 PM »
Anything old or well worn just feels so much more comfortable than new, which is why I love getting used Dickies 874s from ebay or wearing the new ones more for work or washing them lots before actually wearing them.

Everyone is a different size, not just the waist size, but I know some dudes still love the tighter Krew jeans with some stretch to them, others are more into the rigid material baggier pants, or even the lighter material in chinos.  The only thing is the lighter material often tears faster.

A bit of stretch goes a long way in skate jeans.
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #79 on: January 19, 2021, 09:22:42 PM »
cool jeans for cool dudes

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #80 on: January 20, 2021, 02:32:47 AM »
When I was a teenager, i somehow convinced myself to skate 511 skinny Levi's.... glad I quickly switched to some Levi's 520 and 514. (My bawls thanked me), two models that I don't think are made anymore. They were the best mix of modern, but baggy denim with enough flex to skate in for me.

Nowadays, it's 541 (only drawback is shallow pockets) athletic fit or Volcom Solvers, the ones Colin Provost talks about lasting one whole trip or something.

My homebase are the Volcom Chinos - Frickin Modern or VMonty but I'm working back to jeans, so, I'm keeping an eye on this thread!
Super Champion Fun Zone