Author Topic: Doom Eternal  (Read 426 times)

RichardBarkley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -356
Doom Eternal
« on: January 27, 2021, 05:21:09 AM »
Anyone playing ?

Fuck me it's intense

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -672
Re: Doom Eternal
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2021, 11:13:45 PM »
Ok....

Doom 2016 was very simple, just like Doom should be.

Eternal is fun and all.... but there is almost too much shit to keep track of. By no means is it a bad game, really good.

However, I beat 2016 so many times now but Eternal will probably never be played again.

Blind Fisherman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 449
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2021, 12:21:31 PM »
Yeah, I agree with @iKobrakai here. It was a great game, but it felt like they tried to pack way too many ideas into it. I've only gone back to find the secrets and whatnot, but playing straight through again will most likely not happen any time soon.
This thread makes me feel like I just came across two Juggalos fucking in an alley.

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -329
  • ants suck!
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2021, 03:13:55 PM »
Im on mars right now and just got the bfg, but it is fuckin addicting, im not really a gamer so i chose ultra violence and it is hard as shit, i have no idea the amounts of weed this game has me smoking
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2021, 03:58:35 AM »
Ok....

Eternal is fun and all.... but there is almost too much shit to keep track of. By no means is it a bad game, really good.

However, I beat 2016 so many times now but Eternal will probably never be played again.

Interesting. I've never played 2016. Guess I'll try it after(if) I finish this.

You guys played online ? Tried it once. Seems nuts.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 133
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2021, 04:30:36 PM »
I have iddqud and idkfa  burned in my fucking brain

Havenít played many of the newer ones but I would, just kinda forgot about doom

I agree thought it should just be a rampage, I donít mind if thereís like, one keycard you gotta find but mostly just rampage
listen to cosmic psychos

Lorem_Ipsum

• Rep: 18
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2021, 12:03:58 PM »
I'm enjoying this game, I have to remind myself to stop tensing up so much when I play it. I feel like the puzzles completely take the momentum out of the classic Doom running and gunning shit, and sometimes the combat gets so challenging that I want to focus my controller.

I am taking a break at the moment as I found myself wanting to unwind by playing video games after working all day, and I would just get worked up while playing it. But as far as the gore and shooting and basic shit like that goes, this Doom checks all the boxes for what a Doom game should be imo.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -672
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2021, 11:53:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Ok....

[close]

Interesting. I've never played 2016. Guess I'll try it after(if) I finish this.

You guys played online ? Tried it once. Seems nuts.

Nah, not much for online at all.

...I feel like the puzzles completely take the momentum out of the classic Doom running and gunning shit...

Yeah, too much shit already in the game.

LesbianPUNCH

• Rep: 18
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2021, 09:33:52 PM »
Iím one of the idiots who only owns a Switch. Just beat it a while back on hurt me plenty. Beat the Master levels on Nightmare, pretty hyped on that, but I donít really see myself going for a nightmare campaign play through. Not much of a completionist after my 600 hour attempt to find all the Korok seeds in Zelda BOTW. At 91% on that bullshit.

While I prefer the tone of Doom 2016 and think it was a perfect balance of old and new, playing it now feels fucking stupid. While some of the new enemy and level design in Eternal is fucking brilliant, and the new game mechanics make you fucking invincible once you know what youíre doing, it feels silly as fuck fairly often, and I kind of miss the more serious tone and sense of danger some of 2016 elicited. Even hopping into the hairiest of situations in eternal, I never felt as panicked as I did when I stumbled upon the Cyber Demon from DOOMfor the first time. Though to contrast that, at other times Eternal feels like the direct alien descendant of the OG Dooms. Iíve been hopping into random level on Eternal just to mindlessly shred while listening to podcasts, it definitely scratches the Tony Hawks Pro Skater itch in that you can kind of just crush the weirdly crafted levels like a skatepark and destroy shit. Iím just patiently waiting for the DLC to finally come out on switch so I can get sucked right back in.

Mesteezo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2021, 10:54:46 AM »
If you think Doom Eternal is intense, then wait until you try The Ancient Gods pt 1 DLC

There's no room to breathe at all.

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2021, 01:18:10 PM »
I just started playing it feel like I suck too bad to enjoy it, haha.  Iíve got it on the easiest setting and am constantly about to die and am always running out of ammo. 

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2021, 01:54:04 PM »
I just started playing it feel like I suck too bad to enjoy it, haha.  Iíve got it on the easiest setting and am constantly about to die and am always running out of ammo.

There is a knack that you will learn eventually so you never run out of ammo or die

Chainsaw cunts for ammo
Flame them for shield
Glory kill for health
Once you get used to that you'll be flying

If you think Doom Eternal is intense, then wait until you try The Ancient Gods pt 1 DLC

There's no room to breathe at all.

Interesting

I'm on level 10 now.  So close to finish. Can't wait to see how it ends.

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2021, 02:15:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

There is a knack that you will learn eventually so you never run out of ammo or die

Chainsaw cunts for ammo
Flame them for shield
Glory kill for health
Once you get used to that you'll be flying

Yeah, I mean I know that.  Its that I generally miss 90% of my shots and end up bumping dicks with an arachnotron trying to chainsaw him without any chainsaw fuel while getting gangbanged from all sides.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2021, 08:35:06 AM »
Completed it last night.

I'm gonna buy the DLC but I'm already getting withdrawals.

Can  anyone recommend another similar fps?

Im new to gaming so I'm clueless. Any recommendations will be great.