Author Topic: THPS1+2 Officially Announced  (Read 12216 times)

Hevonen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 16
Re: THPS1+2 Officially Announced
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2020, 05:44:50 AM »
i think you guys are trippin on nostalgia a bit. have you tried playing a thps after playing skate? it just seems so obsolete with skater xl and session on the horizon/already here. however, i was a nerd who tried to play thps like a sim, so maybe im just not the target market. but the whole thing feels lazy imo. but if you guys are stoked, then get your combos

Just in the last 2-3 years I think I've re-played thps2 three times, thps4, thps3 and thug1 once all the way through. thps1 feels dated, but the rest are still a lot of fun for me. But yeah, it's less about the skating and more about addictive game play, which in turn is non-existent in session and skater xl at least for now.

Looks like they're trying to do it right this time, which is promising. Not really feeling the look of the game, but doesn't really matter. As long as they stay true to the engine, it should be fun

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2020, 06:37:38 AM »
the gameplay on this looks so trash. skate did it right with the realistic gameplay
If you watch the Jack Black video with demo, the gameplay looks identical to the originals. I suppose that’s the only way those levels would work.

EA Skate played so much better and was also selling much better than the THPS games. I’m surprised EA didn’t at least do a Skate 3 remaster for the current gen consoles.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2020, 08:05:22 AM »
Expand Quote
i think you guys are trippin on nostalgia a bit. have you tried playing a thps after playing skate? it just seems so obsolete with skater xl and session on the horizon/already here. however, i was a nerd who tried to play thps like a sim, so maybe im just not the target market. but the whole thing feels lazy imo. but if you guys are stoked, then get your combos
[close]

Just in the last 2-3 years I think I've re-played thps2 three times, thps4, thps3 and thug1 once all the way through. thps1 feels dated, but the rest are still a lot of fun for me. But yeah, it's less about the skating and more about addictive game play, which in turn is non-existent in session and skater xl at least for now.

Looks like they're trying to do it right this time, which is promising. Not really feeling the look of the game, but doesn't really matter. As long as they stay true to the engine, it should be fun

Just last week I booted up Thug2 so I could go to the Philly level and do hardflips down the love park fountain gap and it still feels good.

SKATE is awesome but THPS1&2 it's like playing Mario kart instead of Grand Turismo. high score and combo goals are just as satisfying as gap challenges and death races in SKATE.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2020, 03:24:13 PM »
It's just not going to be the same if musk's doesn't have shortys boards to choose from.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

KRKD1

« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2020, 03:55:30 AM »
Every 7 years Tony comes out of hiding to reremaster his games. Cant beleive people still get stoked on this shit. How many times have 1 and 2 been remastered now. The og xbox, xbox 360 and now one? Ridiculous.

Modders put more work into Skater XL on their own time.

This looks like someone slapped a texture pack on the first two games.

Ten bucks says it still uses dpad controls.

You have the cash and namesake to make something great, buy the rights to EA skate. They clearly dont want it.

But no continue to provide this shit.

At the least with the technology we have now you cant at the least link all the maps in one big open world?

Remaster something worthwhile. I'd love to see the brooklyn banks of SPoT in 4k. I could care less about the same warehouse I've seen re textured a million times.

I'll pass.

Tony just cashing in.

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2020, 04:50:04 AM »
I’m buying the fuck out of this and skater XL in June
ableSkateMag.com

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2020, 07:37:15 AM »
It's just not going to be the same if musk's doesn't have shortys boards to choose from.

You bring up a valid point

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2020, 09:55:46 AM »

From all the pros included, only like two of them still ride for their board sponsors from around the time of the original game, so this will be interesting to see.

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2020, 11:25:01 AM »
Every 7 years Tony comes out of hiding to reremaster his games. Cant beleive people still get stoked on this shit. How many times have 1 and 2 been remastered now. The og xbox, xbox 360 and now one? Ridiculous.

You have the cash and namesake to make something great, buy the rights to EA skate. They clearly dont want it.

At the least with the technology we have now you cant at the least link all the maps in one big open world?

Remaster something worthwhile. I'd love to see the brooklyn banks of SPoT in 4k. I could care less about the same warehouse I've seen re textured a million times.

I'll pass.

Tony just cashing in.

this was spot on. mods please close thread.
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

Speakr

• Rep: 61
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2020, 12:46:25 AM »

I'll pass.

Tony just cashing in.
Which is exactly what I (and apparently a lot of people) want in a remaster. THPS5 sucked, among many other reasons, because they fucked up the physics. Better models and textures (which this one seems to have) is all they need for a true remaster. Leave the rest as is.

I could care less how many times they try to remaster these maps. Even if it's just because I don't have to boot an emulator or hook an old console up instead of playing on the ps4. And sure I'd like the other games up until american wasteland to be remastered. But I doubt they'll put any money towards those way bigger games until a smaller remaster like this finally gets them the sales they think they need.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2020, 02:57:19 PM »
its just hard to understand wanting to play an arcade skate game if you skate irl.

agree 100% with krkd. its a huge slap in the face to release this now as 2 indie developers finally finish their much better competing games and they're probably gonna divert some of their success with this garbage

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1044
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2020, 03:01:27 PM »
If they still have the Skate Street level from THPS2 game, I’m buying it.

shucknjive

• Rep: -39
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2020, 12:12:34 PM »
ya wi pref stret
mArLeY

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2020, 06:19:20 PM »
If they still have the Skate Street level from THPS2 game, I’m buying it.
Shit. That was probably my most played level next to school 2

Buck Russell

• Rep: -318
  • Bug or gnat?
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2020, 12:48:13 AM »
impressive how well the original roster held up. all are pretty solidly legends like who's the least on there.. rune or bucky? still pretty sick. usually with these things in retrospect there were some nobodies

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2020, 08:06:47 AM »
After playing skate I can’t see me enjoying this.  I wish they made skate control options for it. Or tony hawk buy skate and make tony hawk more realistic.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2020, 09:45:52 AM »
I think it looks cool, but I really don't think the gameplay is going to be fun anymore.

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2020, 01:02:15 PM »
I played the F out of these games, but I played Skate & Destroy more.
Then later , Skate, Skate 2 and Skate 3... more.

skateboardstickerz

• Rep: -1
  • Providing the best stickers to customize your deck
    • www.skateboardstickerz.com avatar image
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2020, 03:50:42 PM »
Cant wait for this game!
Feel like your deck needs some customization? Order some stickers at www.skateboardstickerz.com

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -375
  • ants suck!
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2020, 01:24:07 AM »
Inward heels dont even flip, and every double tapped trick has a "special" sound effect, i believe they fucked up
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

Krile

• Rep: -91
  • I train moogles
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2020, 03:08:55 AM »
On the N64 version of THPS you could spin during special tricks by using the analog stick. i really hope they add some way of doing this on the remakes cuz i need to 360 backflip over the halfpipe in the first level and grind the back of the level all the way to the wall
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 04:39:28 AM by Krile »
I'm normally against vibing and the like but Idk anymore with these perved out anime kids. Now I think we need to go back to robbing kids boards at gunpoint if they show up to the spot. Wheres young Stevi

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2020, 04:27:58 PM »
I'm so hyped to shred the downtown Minneapolis level now!

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -204
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2020, 02:14:16 AM »
Just popped in my old 1 and 2 into my ps1 instead. These new ones already have that lame new engine you can see it in how he lands.

Shalom Peterson

• Rep: 21
« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2020, 09:59:34 PM »
The collectors edition comes with a falcon 1 thps real life deck, the game and all the dlc. All for $100. Just a heads up for board collectors

masturskater

• Rep: 21
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2020, 05:19:04 PM »
It's sad to think all they have to do is port the damn games to modern platforms and they'd make more money than what they're doing now.

The PS2 era games are as good as they're gonna get in terms of game mechanics.

They need to stop trying to reinvent the engine. It's a waste of time and money and they'd be better received if they didn't go beyond the engine in THUG 2.

Speakr

• Rep: 61
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2020, 11:36:12 AM »
New info and trailer:
https://blog.playstation.com/2020/06/23/new-skaters-revealed-for-tony-hawks-pro-skater-1-and-2-pre-orders-live/

Demo drops August 14. Eight extra skaters added:
Lizzie Armanto
Leo Baker
Leticia Bufoni
Aori nishimura
Nyjah
Riley hawk
Shane O'neill
Tyshawn Jones

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2020, 05:37:14 AM »
Tyshawn , fucking awesome.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 331
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2020, 11:10:04 AM »
New info and trailer:
https://blog.playstation.com/2020/06/23/new-skaters-revealed-for-tony-hawks-pro-skater-1-and-2-pre-orders-live/

Demo drops August 14. Eight extra skaters added:
Lizzie Armanto
Leo Baker
Leticia Bufoni
Aori nishimura
Nyjah
Riley hawk
Shane O'neill
Tyshawn Jones

Nora shouldn't been giving Lizzie all that shade lol. And they should've swapped Shane with GT or Ishod.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2020, 08:46:36 PM »
This popped up in my recommended, it's kind of hilarious. Tony is supposed to react to in-game special tricks but for some reason they showed him the worst gameplay and he just seems over it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgMrb71iLEU

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2020, 02:02:08 PM »
I'm not a fan of the little grunting and celebrating sounds the skaters make, but the gameplay seems fine so far
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSs1oa1tY4
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 02:06:26 PM by Concerned_Skater »