Author Topic: THPS1+2 Officially Announced  (Read 12214 times)

Speakr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 61
Re: THPS1+2 Officially Announced
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2020, 08:43:01 AM »
Yeah that sounds really awkward. Hope it doesn't stick out that much when you play with the music over it.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2020, 11:28:35 AM »

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2020, 02:43:05 PM »
Does Kareem have a board sponsor?

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2020, 07:21:05 PM »

It appears he's rocking a City Stars hoodie, chain and even deck in his teaser. I wasn't even aware that brand was still around but they seem to have an active instagram account.

https://www.instagram.com/citystarsskateboards/?hl=en

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2020, 01:46:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It appears he's rocking a City Stars hoodie, chain and even deck in his teaser. I wasn't even aware that brand was still around but they seem to have an active instagram account.

https://www.instagram.com/citystarsskateboards/?hl=en
Huh, I thought this was in lieu of an actual board sponsor. It doesn’t look like you can buy these anywhere. I also remember Pupecki in Epicly Later’d mentioning they got in some legal battles over the name, surprised it’s up and kind of running.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2020, 04:57:14 PM »

Spyro

• Rep: -2
« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2020, 07:16:32 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCl9GPraa44

I think it looks super sick. It seems like the game is very polished and fluid. Nothing really seems awkward to me like it did in HD and 5. Can't wait to play it on Friday.

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 555
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2020, 11:10:35 AM »
https://youtu.be/41K-EgD4iWs

Looks good, but I can already tell I’ll get bored of it once the nostalgia wears off.

MareVitals

• Rep: -38
« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2020, 09:45:21 PM »

Looks good, but I can already tell I’ll get bored of it once the nostalgia wears off.
I played the demo today and got bored of it rather quickly and went back to session. That said, there were no goals in the demo and the final product could have more staying power. Was hoping it played more like 1-2 but it's more like THUG without walking. It definitely feels right but the whole million point combo chaining thing does nothing for me

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2020, 05:52:09 AM »
Pretty insane score, I can barely manage around 2 million.
https://youtu.be/SqERExH1fYk

WPG

• Rep: -8
« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2020, 08:02:07 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I played the demo today and got bored of it rather quickly and went back to session. That said, there were no goals in the demo and the final product could have more staying power. Was hoping it played more like 1-2 but it's more like THUG without walking. It definitely feels right but the whole million point combo chaining thing does nothing for me

I think theu made the right choice having it play like THUG, it has option t play with 1 or 2 controls (don't know why you would) I hope they include a sim mode tho. If they did model the game around THPS2 or 1 I think lots of people would be shocked at how much worse the game play feels
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

MareVitals

• Rep: -38
« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2020, 09:26:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I think theu made the right choice having it play like THUG, it has option t play with 1 or 2 controls (don't know why you would) I hope they include a sim mode tho. If they did model the game around THPS2 or 1 I think lots of people would be shocked at how much worse the game play feels
I still prefer the game play of 1-2 but I'm sure I'm the minority. By the time you get to THPS4 they started making the objects in the maps so tiny so you could combo endlessly that some of the stuff wasn't even skatable anymore.

Sim mode would be cool, neversoft tried it in proving ground and I wanna say you couldn't even tre on flat. If they include it it can't be an afterthought.

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #72 on: August 17, 2020, 11:02:57 AM »
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #73 on: August 31, 2020, 10:44:21 PM »
http://youtu.be/Rm1f6AfOPBE

his first quote... hahahaha

masturskater

• Rep: 21
« Reply #74 on: September 03, 2020, 02:09:55 PM »
Reviews are coming in and this game sounds legit. I'm on the fence.

Even though this gameplay style is not my preferred skateboarding game, when THPS is at its best it is a great arcadey game. I may not play it alot but I do want to support the skate games that come out to show there is an audience and demand for this stuff.

Maybe I'll wait for the rumoured Switch version.

Speakr

« Reply #75 on: September 03, 2020, 11:42:41 PM »
Played it last night for a couple of hours. It's really great, I'm having no problems with muscle memory so I'd say it's a pretty true remaster. And they've added some extra value to it that isn't annoying or unnecessary. Create a skater is pretty extensive (especially compared to skater XL). Only downside in that area is no anti hero decks...

The thing I'm most bummed about is that you don't have to do the levels with each character. If you complete the goals on Rodney then you don't have to do them on Kareem anymore. But you do still have to get the stat points with each character, weird choice. But the plethora of challenges does make up for that a little, those'll keep you busy.

Haven't tried multiplayer or create a park yet, maybe tonight.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #76 on: September 04, 2020, 04:21:48 AM »
Pretty insane score, I can barely manage around 2 million.
https://youtu.be/SqERExH1fYk

Why does it look so washed out? It hurts my eyes
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

fs_filip

• Rep: 2
« Reply #77 on: September 04, 2020, 06:54:43 AM »
just bought the game. can't wait to play it  ;D

edit:
3/4 hours-ish into the game and what i have to say (from someone who played the shit out of pro skater 2 on pc but didn't manage to finish the first one) it plays like PS3 with a few things added from thug; for some reason it feels harder than the originals, might be 'cause i haven't played any t hawks in a while. it's a solid remake! it feels good to finally play a good tony hawk game after pro skater 5 that's for sure. i'll just write down what i didn't like about it

-menu can get VERY confusing the first time
-some of the new songs suck ass, i often find myself skipping them; also you can INSTANTLY tell that they are new songs
-every now and then player goes aaah or yeaaaaah or some dumb shit like that, there's no option to disable that; from what i've seen it was rampant in the warehouse demo, they toned it down in the final release but it's still annoying
-no blood; after bailing there's a lame glitch-like looking animation that gets your skater back on track, there's also no option to disable that
-other than clothing, not that much create-a-skater variety (such as body size, face modification and what-not) you get a set of like what 15 faces? which besides like 2 faces i found most of them to be weird looking
-it's an epic games exclusive, wish i could've gotten it on steam
-day one DLC fuck that
-multiplayer doesn't have online free skate, but from what i've read they'll fix that soon

dunno if i miss anything but if you're not on pc (or if you don't mind epic) go get it, you'll like it

« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 09:47:24 AM by fs_filip »

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #78 on: September 04, 2020, 02:04:25 PM »
IGN just gave this game a rating of 9. That is way higher than I even thought they'd get. I sort of want the game but know all those combo tricks you have to do will annoy me.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Nick..

• Rep: 10
« Reply #79 on: September 04, 2020, 05:11:13 PM »
Definitely well worth it. Fun as fuck.

Dr Waffles

• Rep: 15
« Reply #80 on: September 04, 2020, 05:15:03 PM »
It looks like it stayed pretty faithful to the older games. I'll probably get it, but just wish it wasn't on the epic store.
In 5 years skateboarding will be dirtbiking

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #81 on: September 04, 2020, 09:19:06 PM »
IGN just gave this game a rating of 9. That is way higher than I even thought they'd get. I sort of want the game but know all those combo tricks you have to do will annoy me.
I've enjoyed it, it is no Skate replacement, but its authentic to the originals. The only thing that has bugged me is that once you complete the challenges with one character it has them done for all, unlike the originals. It's well made, and I haven't noticed any really stupid glitches or anything. It plays like a much smoother version of 1 and 2.

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #82 on: September 05, 2020, 12:23:11 AM »
Played yesterday for a while and it's exactly what I was looking, classic gameplay with updated graphics.

In the Chicago skatepark there's a giant sign with Grosso forever, nice touch.

Hopefully a remake of the 3+4 and U1+U2

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 367
« Reply #83 on: September 05, 2020, 01:21:18 AM »
It looks like it stayed pretty faithful to the older games. I'll probably get it, but just wish it wasn't on the epic store.
Same, I'll probably hold out a year until it's hopefully on Steam.  I might pick it up on Xbox if it goes on sale.

Speakr

« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2020, 09:15:01 AM »
I've enjoyed it, it is no Skate replacement, but its authentic to the originals. The only thing that has bugged me is that once you complete the challenges with one character it has them done for all, unlike the originals. It's well made, and I haven't noticed any really stupid glitches or anything. It plays like a much smoother version of 1 and 2.
That was my only gripe too, but I just found out that under ranked you have a speed run mode. Here you have to do all challenges on a map in one session. You could do that with all other skaters and it would kinda be the same thing.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2020, 06:12:06 PM »
As someone who spent the majority, if not all, my time on free skate and didn’t care much for challenges what do y’all recommend?

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #86 on: September 06, 2020, 05:24:02 AM »
Just go through the career mode on both games, it's pretty simple and fun (assuming that part of the game is the same as the originals too I haven't played this version yet)
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #87 on: September 08, 2020, 02:08:19 PM »
Piece of shit game doesn’t have a single DOA deck to pick from.  Returning.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2020, 06:53:45 AM »
Might buy this later today. Not sure if I should get ps4 or Xbox version. Only played it on ps back in the day but I prefer Xbox overall

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #89 on: September 09, 2020, 07:49:19 PM »
Played it last night for a couple of hours. It's really great, I'm having no problems with muscle memory so I'd say it's a pretty true remaster. And they've added some extra value to it that isn't annoying or unnecessary. Create a skater is pretty extensive (especially compared to skater XL). Only downside in that area is no anti hero decks...

The thing I'm most bummed about is that you don't have to do the levels with each character. If you complete the goals on Rodney then you don't have to do them on Kareem anymore. But you do still have to get the stat points with each character, weird choice. But the plethora of challenges does make up for that a little, those'll keep you busy.

Haven't tried multiplayer or create a park yet, maybe tonight.
if you do the Sickness challenge with Bob Burnquist you unlock a Anti-Hero eagle deck