Author Topic: THPS1+2 Officially Announced  (Read 12217 times)

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: THPS1+2 Officially Announced
« Reply #90 on: September 09, 2020, 10:11:10 PM »
Yeah what the fuck is with not being able to start over on a new skater from scratch?

I think I crossed the rubicon with being the biggest nerd in history when I got genuinely excited that they had f4 conical fulls with the standard blue graphic.

Basically just trying to get all the FA and Hockey decks now.  It’s funny how all the FA decks conveniently have a little slide mark that just happens to be directly over the word “Fucking”.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #91 on: September 10, 2020, 09:14:24 AM »
What deck brands do they have in this?

Lenny the Fatface

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 331
« Reply #92 on: September 10, 2020, 10:00:03 AM »
The ranked single sessions by itself is worth the money.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #93 on: September 10, 2020, 01:44:40 PM »
Just got the game and played during my lunch. Coming from Skate 3 this is tough.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #94 on: September 10, 2020, 04:39:00 PM »
I’m kind of interested in getting this but there was always a weird break between playing this game to win or advance in the game vs playing to have fun and relax. Doing the latter wasn’t particularly engaging (e.g. flipping stairs, busting simple airs) which is where Skate excelled.

Playing to win THPS got less fun the better you got. You can rack up the most insane scores easily by fastplant/no-comply>flip>grab>spin>repeat using different cardinal direction.

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #95 on: September 10, 2020, 06:29:51 PM »
Installing now. Hope it is sweet
Am I wrong or... no Venture trucks? I've only opened a few things but went to make my dude and if I'm not mistaken .. no V force?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 08:26:18 PM by fang »

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #96 on: September 11, 2020, 02:31:44 AM »
You should demand a refund
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #97 on: September 11, 2020, 04:10:49 AM »
http://youtu.be/IxcaSRmB8to

Going to be stuck in my head for a long time again

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #98 on: September 11, 2020, 06:05:19 AM »
Been playing as Tyshawn and been doing nollie flip (shifties!) over everything just to make myself laugh

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #99 on: September 11, 2020, 12:32:18 PM »
I really hope this comes out for Switch. I loved having the OG THPS2 on my iPhone, but then it vanished.

masturskater

• Rep: 21
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #100 on: September 11, 2020, 08:32:43 PM »
There's rumors it is. I think a leaked controller layout or something. Not sure if that was legit.

But if it follows suit with the Crash and Spyro remakes, then i would expect it to come out in about a year.

I just got the game fr PS4. The soundtrack is really nostalgic. It's a really impressive remaster. They modernized the gameplay but still made it feel true to the best games in the franchise. Wish they cared more about the animations. I feel like THPS3 has better skate and trick animations.

That being said, this style of gameplay is outdated for me. Churning out high scores and big combos is not very satisfying or memorable. Much more rewarding to nail a line in the sim skate games like skate or skater xl. I'm having fun playing through the challenges and scavenger hunt stuff. But I probably won't play it too much after that.

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #101 on: September 14, 2020, 08:14:47 AM »
I'm pretty terrible at Skater XL (well... fakie/ switch modes mostly. Oh and I am horrible at any grinds/ slides too!) But this game is feeding my skate game void for the moment. Although I will say I wish sometimes my dude would slow down a bit more as I approach things. Finally figured out to enter my created skaters, as opposed to deleting them and starting over. Should have left the Gonz Gap at EMB though, I mean, why not?

100% glad they let you have 4 created skaters, that was one of my fave things of Skate 3. Currently have myself, Guy Mariano, Lucas Puig and Dennis Busenitz.

Sad note: The first time I played the original THPS was with my friends Eric and Chris, who both have died in the last 3 years. The feeling of wanting to tell my friends about this, but they aren't here, is shitty

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #102 on: September 18, 2020, 07:25:15 PM »
Forgive my ignorance as I don't play many video games besides Super Mario Bros 3 and Street Fighter 2 but...question:

If a particular lower-level company's deck can be accessed and rode on only in a particular Map in the new THPS 1+2 -- like, not a board sponsor of any of the riders, etc. -- does that mean that said company worked their way into that Map by having Activision actually put that in the game?

Or is that possible for normal users -- perhaps say the owner of a lower level nobody board company -- to download an image into some kind of database on their own and have ppl ride it?

I guess I'm trying to figure out if such a possibility would have to be sanctioned and implemented by Activision...

Any input would help, thx
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

bugtown

• Rep: 47
« Reply #103 on: September 19, 2020, 04:27:21 AM »
Forgive my ignorance as I don't play many video games besides Super Mario Bros 3 and Street Fighter 2 but...question:

If a particular lower-level company's deck can be accessed and rode on only in a particular Map in the new THPS 1+2 -- like, not a board sponsor of any of the riders, etc. -- does that mean that said company worked their way into that Map by having Activision actually put that in the game?

Or is that possible for normal users -- perhaps say the owner of a lower level nobody board company -- to download an image into some kind of database on their own and have ppl ride it?

I guess I'm trying to figure out if such a possibility would have to be sanctioned and implemented by Activision...

yeah man just print out your board graphics and mail them to acivision and include a scanned photo of your arse and they should put it in the game for everyone to access

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #104 on: September 19, 2020, 06:27:30 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
yeah man just print out your board graphics and mail them to acivision and include a scanned photo of your arse and they should put it in the game for everyone to access

No, I'm not looking to get my company in the game.

I want to know if a company already "in the game" was put there by Activision or if it's possible it put itself there, so to speak....

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #105 on: September 19, 2020, 10:47:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

No, I'm not looking to get my company in the game.

I want to know if a company already "in the game" was put there by Activision or if it's possible it put itself there, so to speak....

Sorry, but I am not sure how it works.

However, I would love to see a pair of the Ed Lawndale pro shoes added to the game. It's strange they aren't in the game to begin with but I'm assuming the developers and Mr. Hawk himself have not heard that they are "The Cocaine of Sneaks 🔥", or perhaps they have heard this praise but were worried it would result in their game receiving an AO rating.

Perhaps someone can start a petition or "DM them like a man on Insta" as the kind folks of Slap Massage Boards like to say.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #106 on: September 19, 2020, 12:49:17 PM »
^^^^"It's strange they aren't in the game to begin with" lol that's funny

YungJugg

• Rep: 225
« Reply #107 on: September 20, 2020, 02:53:33 PM »
Ed still lookin for dirt on Create skateboards confirmed.

Was playing as Mullen and my outfit switched mid air, signal started cutting out and now my PS4 shows nothing but a black screen. Birdman broke my PS4 confirmed.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #108 on: September 20, 2020, 07:14:59 PM »
How the fuck would a company just put themselves in the game?  Like if they computer hack their way in there?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #109 on: September 20, 2020, 08:05:16 PM »
How the fuck would a company just put themselves in the game?  Like if they computer hack their way in there?

I dunno. Like I said, I only got a Super Trio Plus...but my cousin is big into Fortnite and he's on some kinda network where he plays with people all over and can personalize his character. Not sure if THPS1+2 has a similar set up...

Speakr

• Rep: 61
« Reply #110 on: September 21, 2020, 01:14:25 AM »
Played it last night for a couple of hours. It's really great, I'm having no problems with muscle memory so I'd say it's a pretty true remaster. And they've added some extra value to it that isn't annoying or unnecessary. Create a skater is pretty extensive (especially compared to skater XL). Only downside in that area is no anti hero decks...

The thing I'm most bummed about is that you don't have to do the levels with each character. If you complete the goals on Rodney then you don't have to do them on Kareem anymore. But you do still have to get the stat points with each character, weird choice. But the plethora of challenges does make up for that a little, those'll keep you busy.

Haven't tried multiplayer or create a park yet, maybe tonight.
Finally found an anti hero deck. Game is a 10 now.

Got nearly all the trophies done. Only need that hard get there in school 2, which is kicking my ass. After that a long grind (ha-ha) to level 100.

Multiplayer is pretty dope, but the skill-gap is pretty big. Maybe that get's better if I play a lot more ranked. Can't wait for the online freeskate option they're going to add.

Tried create a park too, works pretty simple. Could use some more different textures for floors/walls etc to better recreate real life spots.

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #111 on: September 21, 2020, 08:47:10 AM »
Finally unlocked the levels. Now I'll go back and try to get all the trophies and cash. I was surprised how much I remembered on THPS2 yet did not remember on THPS1. I didn't remember the downtown MN level at all. Anyway, game is pretty fun, definitely reminds me of old times

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #112 on: September 24, 2020, 02:52:34 PM »
Bought it this afternoon. They've done really well staying true to the originals while making it new and exiting. Seems a little bit harder though? Seems way easier to fall off than I remember. Can't wait to see all the other levels, I'm staying true and working though 1 then 2 from the beginning.
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #113 on: September 25, 2020, 06:57:12 PM »
I said I wasn’t going to buy it.. I bought it day one and fucking loved it. Unlocked the alien and I’m working on all the hard to get there challenges

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #114 on: September 29, 2020, 08:20:35 AM »
Updated my created lads to: self, Tim O'Connor, Olson & Smolik. Re-living my shit from that time

Colin Robinson

• Rep: 50
  • energy vampire
« Reply #115 on: October 01, 2020, 07:06:51 AM »
I just want to say the “Kicker 2 Railspan” gap on the final level can suck the fattest part of my cock.

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #116 on: October 01, 2020, 07:38:50 AM »
Update: I suck at the Downhill level just as bad as I did the first time. F that level

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #117 on: October 01, 2020, 04:15:20 PM »
Played it for a good few hours and there's something odd about the gameplay that I don't like. It seems kind of fast and chaotic that makes it way easier to slam and way harder to be accurate with where you're aiming than I remember. Maybe it's because I never really played the games past the PS1, is it closer to the later games in terms of how it handles? Still fun though and I think part of it was maybe just because my player had shit stats that I wasn't used to. Why did they get rid of the gonz gap though? Odd thing to do. Also you can't do front shoves?

PS how tf do you get into the gym in school II? I thought you just had to grind that double kink rail

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #118 on: October 01, 2020, 05:30:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I dunno. Like I said, I only got a Super Trio Plus...but my cousin is big into Fortnite and he's on some kinda network where he plays with people all over and can personalize his character. Not sure if THPS1+2 has a similar set up...

Did you notice the Create decks?

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #119 on: October 01, 2020, 06:26:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Did you notice the Create decks?

I haven't played the game but I saw a post from Create on the subject, so it looks like I have to reach out to Activision as well. Should be easy to get contact info for the responsible parties though and the family-friendly companies have been pretty good about responding.