Author Topic: THPS1+2 Officially Announced  (Read 12222 times)

camel filters

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: THPS1+2 Officially Announced
« Reply #120 on: October 02, 2020, 06:44:10 AM »
Also you can't do front shoves?

PS how tf do you get into the gym in school II? I thought you just had to grind that double kink rail

Right, right, flip trick button (square on ps4, x on xbox controllers) to front shove.

Grind the kink rail on the right side before the school bell rings to open the gym.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #121 on: October 02, 2020, 11:35:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Also you can't do front shoves?

PS how tf do you get into the gym in school II? I thought you just had to grind that double kink rail

[close]
Right, right, flip trick button (square on ps4, x on xbox controllers) to front shove.

Grind the kink rail on the right side before the school bell rings to open the gym.

I thought it was during the bell. 

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #122 on: October 03, 2020, 06:08:29 AM »
Thanks Camel. Seems to be before the bell.

Fucking unlocked Skate Heaven after thinking the cunts had left it out of the game. Definitely enjoying it more now I'm getting the hang of it. Anyone made a custom park yet? Hopefully they do an update with a few more backdrops, custom park sizes etc
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #123 on: October 06, 2020, 02:06:24 AM »
I know this isn’t a new complaint, but damn it’s annoying how spots like Hubba or the San Dieguito 10 are so hard to skate with any substance.   Also, is the Love Gap a lot harder this time around?

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #124 on: October 06, 2020, 06:07:19 AM »
My 180 nosegrinds on Hubba sure don't feel like Olson. And I am yet to do the Love Gap.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #125 on: October 06, 2020, 12:57:21 PM »
Yeah Love gap seems near impossible.

Just hit the top 30 for one of the speed runs, which I'm pretty stoked on since I haven't really played video games since I was about 12
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #126 on: October 06, 2020, 10:23:29 PM »
Yeah Love gap seems near impossible.

Just hit the top 30 for one of the speed runs, which I'm pretty stoked on since I haven't really played video games since I was about 12

It def used to be the perfect replicable size where you could make about only the tricks that were accomplished in real life.   I must have bonelessed into it to get it bc I have the All Gaps trophy

Speakr

• Rep: 61
« Reply #127 on: October 07, 2020, 12:11:26 AM »
Yeah, the love gap is glitchy. Must have landed it 10 times before it popped once. Same with the kicker 2 railspan in Skate Heaven.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #128 on: October 07, 2020, 12:53:52 AM »
Yeah, the love gap is glitchy. Must have landed it 10 times before it popped once. Same with the kicker 2 railspan in Skate Heaven.

Yeah that was annoying especially when you get the gap connecting the rail to the benches. 

Also, getting into that goddam volcano was wayyy too hard

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1045
« Reply #129 on: October 07, 2020, 05:29:39 PM »
I just got this game for PS4. It’s so fucking hard to play from Skater XL to this in regards to controls.

Speakr

« Reply #130 on: October 08, 2020, 01:29:08 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah that was annoying especially when you get the gap connecting the rail to the benches. 

Yeah definitely, made me miss that moon-physics cheat from the original.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #131 on: October 10, 2020, 04:07:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Yeah definitely, made me miss that moon-physics cheat from the original.

Was gapping Lombard St ever a possibility in the first one or was that in #3

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1045
« Reply #132 on: October 10, 2020, 04:21:14 PM »
A few days down playing this and here’s my feedback...

-It’s fun for the challenges, in regards to being a game with a tons of accomplishments/goals.

-It is stupid annoying that they don’t have a push button like they did in previous ones. Makes it that much less fun to even attempt to play it as a realistic skateboarding game.

-In regard to physics/ being anywhere near fun to play as a couch-skater, this game sucks for that. I have no clue how anyone can go from skater XL to this and even think about “free skating” for fun.

busch

• Rep: 74
« Reply #133 on: October 13, 2020, 01:35:22 PM »
Didn’t they used to have a mode where it’s more realistic? I think it was called sim mode. I beat the game and when I went back to play just skating it’s way too fast, high, unrealistic. I end up just skating with other characters trying to unlock boards and get the stats cause you can’t realistically just skate around like you can in skate and skater xl. I used to when I was younger w thps but maybe that was just the only option back then. Like someone else said you just play it like a game and not like skating

Also, I couldn’t find the comment, but someone was bummed about no anti hero boards. I figured out yesterday you can unlock an olive green eagle board and I think one other AH board w VOV’s challenges

MareVitals

• Rep: -38
« Reply #134 on: October 15, 2020, 11:34:59 AM »
Didn’t they used to have a mode where it’s more realistic? I think it was called sim mode. I beat the game and when I went back to play just skating it’s way too fast, high, unrealistic. I end up just skating with other characters trying to unlock boards and get the stats cause you can’t realistically just skate around like you can in skate and skater xl. I used to when I was younger w thps but maybe that was just the only option back then. Like someone else said you just play it like a game and not like skating

Also, I couldn’t find the comment, but someone was bummed about no anti hero boards. I figured out yesterday you can unlock an olive green eagle board and I think one other AH board w VOV’s challenges
They had a sim mode in Tony Hawk's Proving Ground but it was pretty terrible (you couldn't tre on flat). Best bet to skate anything close to realistic is to go and drop your stats back down.

busch

• Rep: 74
« Reply #135 on: October 15, 2020, 01:20:20 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Best bet to skate anything close to realistic is to go and drop your stats back down.

Good call I didn’t know you could take the stats off. I’m almost positive there was a sim mode cheat in the older games but I also can’t remember what I ate for dinner last night so take that as you will

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #136 on: October 15, 2020, 05:35:58 PM »
There was a cheat called sim mode in thps2 yeah, it worked alright but it stopped you from doing some flat ground tricks

Speakr

« Reply #137 on: October 19, 2020, 01:47:35 AM »
Iirc they do have setting for 'realistic' stats somewhere in the game options or game mods menu.

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 416
« Reply #138 on: October 19, 2020, 02:06:11 PM »
hey you don't wobble

http://youtu.be/q3JS6SkHGwo
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #139 on: October 23, 2020, 10:23:24 AM »
I was pondering building 2 places in this but I need pics of one.
I wanted to build the old Powell skate zone. I think I have enough pics to try and lay this one out.
But the other was McGill's old skate park. Anyone know where I can find a decent overview of that one?

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #140 on: October 24, 2020, 08:13:36 PM »
The most realistic setting is in Game Mods, change it to expert, and turn your character into the biggest size possible.

Also with the new update they changed smith grinds to monty grinds.

Anyone else come across the FA/Hockey team photo in Philadelphia? I thought that was a cool little easter egg.

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #141 on: November 09, 2020, 04:13:49 PM »
The most realistic setting is in Game Mods, change it to expert, and turn your character into the biggest size possible.

Anyone else come across the FA/Hockey team photo in Philadelphia? I thought that was a cool little easter egg.
wtf is up with that?

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #142 on: November 09, 2020, 08:25:39 PM »
Sometimes I forget that I even bought this game, I was obsessed with THUG Pro but for some reason this game hasn't kept my attention despite being satisfied with it's outcome.

I still have it installed on my PC but never play.

x

• Rep: -8
« Reply #143 on: November 29, 2020, 08:07:49 PM »
i've just been pulling high scores in single session. my highest is 2.1 mil. i beat the tours in like 2 hours lol. not much else to really do, the original game was more about high scores.

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #144 on: December 29, 2020, 12:01:54 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
wtf is up with that?
I dont wanna call bs Smiths a monty grind. I don't care who invented it.

truthislie

• Rep: 54
« Reply #145 on: January 07, 2021, 12:32:17 AM »
So any news if the rumors were true and it is coming to Nintendo switch? I´d  love to walk down nostalgia lane but I sure as hell won´t buy a playstation for it.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #146 on: January 28, 2021, 02:11:35 PM »
I am absolutely in love with this game, played it a lot in the last two weeks and only need to get to level 100 for 100% completion.

Some of that songs are not really my cup of tea. But at least Bad Religion and Suicidal Tendencies.
I have the standard version and you can't complete the 24 skater career challenge since Ripper is only available in the deluxe version or something.
Online Multiplayer is fun but laggy sometimes.
Only one Anti Hero Deck.
There is a cool Dill Graffiti in the Downhill level.
I've never heard of Aori before and I thought I would be following the scene.
Cab's outfits have a lot of swag. ^^
Feeling like a 12 year old again, which is great.
IG: @flowterspace

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #147 on: January 29, 2021, 02:07:42 PM »
I am absolutely in love with this game, played it a lot in the last two weeks and only need to get to level 100 for 100% completion.

Some of that songs are not really my cup of tea. But at least Bad Religion and Suicidal Tendencies.
I have the standard version and you can't complete the 24 skater career challenge since Ripper is only available in the deluxe version or something.
Online Multiplayer is fun but laggy sometimes.
Only one Anti Hero Deck.
There is a cool Dill Graffiti in the Downhill level.
I've never heard of Aori before and I thought I would be following the scene.
Cab's outfits have a lot of swag. ^^
Feeling like a 12 year old again, which is great.

Pretty sure she was the one that beat Leticia when Leteeeeesh tossed her board because she thought she won

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #148 on: February 18, 2021, 06:14:26 PM »
I just heard about this today, but this is news to me despite being a few weeks announced. Apparently Vicarious Visions the developers who made THPS 1+2 have been merged with Blizzard. So, that probably means we'll not be getting any more content for this game or any sequels.

It's odd because I thought this and their other remakes have sold well, so why would Activision do this to them? What a shame. Hopefully it's not the actual scenario and they can still work on their own projects sometime in the near future.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/1/22/22244924/tony-hawks-pro-skater-1-2-remake-studio-vicarious-visions-blizzard-entertainment-merger

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #149 on: February 26, 2021, 05:20:10 AM »
I’m hyped to get this on Switch. My daughters/wife never let me use the TV. I miss THPS2 on my iPhone. I could 100% each level first try.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLpMq_tJkJo/?igshid=xnc6rz0dlykm