Author Topic: THPS1+2 Officially Announced  (Read 12229 times)

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: THPS1+2 Officially Announced
« Reply #150 on: February 26, 2021, 05:31:23 AM »
I’m hyped to get this on Switch. My daughters/wife never let me use the TV. I miss THPS2 on my iPhone. I could 100% each level first try.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLpMq_tJkJo/?igshid=xnc6rz0dlykm

I'd play a drinking game by myself with the original THPS.  100 percent every level in one try, drink a beer in between each level.  I always got stuck on San Francisco, I always thought it was impossible until i spoiled it by searching youtube for a speedrun.  I still like pulling it out and beating it every year or two.

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #151 on: June 29, 2021, 07:27:20 AM »
Just downloaded this on Switch last night. SO HYPED! The graphics are a bit dodgy as would be expected for a Switch port, but the controls are good and it's a lot of fun to play docked and handheld. I haven't played the levels of THPS1 since 00', but I still have them all memorized.

Funny side note, each playable character's profile has regular/goofy, street/vert, and now there's a "mongo push" in the profile. Every single character is "never mongo" besides Koston. They made an entire category just to capture Koston's switch mongo, hahaha

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #152 on: June 29, 2021, 07:54:15 AM »
Just downloaded this on Switch last night. SO HYPED! The graphics are a bit dodgy as would be expected for a Switch port, but the controls are good and it's a lot of fun to play docked and handheld. I haven't played the levels of THPS1 since 00', but I still have them all memorized.

Funny side note, each playable character's profile has regular/goofy, street/vert, and now there's a "mongo push" in the profile. Every single character is "never mongo" besides Koston. They made an entire category just to capture Koston's switch mongo, hahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z7j2LNrtsY

Huell Howser

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #153 on: May 09, 2022, 08:03:40 AM »
super late to it but bumpin cuz finally got around to playing the remaster version on switch cuz it was onsale for $20.

the nostalgia factor ofc got me but also I feel like they updated the characters movements(flip tricks, grinds) because they feel way less robotic which makes the playability much better. I also haven't played any of the skate games in the last 10 years so this is filling that void a bit

$20 not wasted

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1026
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #154 on: May 19, 2022, 08:00:37 AM »
Any word on if there's going to be a sequel? (3+4 remake?)

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
« Reply #155 on: May 19, 2022, 01:00:22 PM »
would love if they remade 3,4, and Underground
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #156 on: May 26, 2022, 07:54:46 PM »
I believe Activision turned the studio behind it into a Blizzard or COD support studio. Maybe Microsoft revives it, but that might also mean it will be PC/Xbox only (and as a PS5/Switch user I'd be bummed, but not bummed enough to buy a Series X or build a gaming PC).

PlugSkullcandy

• Rep: 87
« Reply #157 on: June 20, 2022, 03:40:07 PM »
Bought it last month on sale and finally played it. I was 10 when THPS 1 came out and I was hooked as a kid since in coincided with me starting to skate. the nostalgia factor really hits ! Liked the remake, pleasant surprise.

Also they used the trick / combo system from following titles iirc (revert etc). Level design seems a bit clunky at times especially in THPS1 but this is what we got back in the day.

I missed a few songs from the originals but the recent one they added are OK. I get the licensing problems here.

I played with the D-pad, felt easier than the joystick. I did what I did when I was younger : doing « realistic » tricks haha.

(Thing that amazed me : my brain remembered the songs, spots, level design, mechanics or objectives for the most part. I mean it was 20+ years ago. And it’s the same with the old games I replayed recently like Super Mario World, Killer Instinct, Tekkens, Crash Bandicoots, Gran Turismo, old GTAs, THPS, SSX games… my brain has a quantity of these things printed it’s so strange.

I was a shy / secluded kid, since my mom passed away when I was 7 and my siblings way older, I got spoiled in terms of skate gear, comics, records and video games, I guess it was my world.)

doyle

• Rep: 210
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #158 on: June 20, 2022, 06:23:56 PM »

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1026
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #159 on: June 28, 2022, 12:17:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nope: https://uproxx.com/edge/tony-hawk-pro-skater-3-4-remake/

: * (

but thanks for sharing