Author Topic: Vans Popcuh vs Ultracush Insole Review  (Read 35660 times)

Crap

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 77
Re: Vans Popcuh vs Ultracush Insole Review
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2020, 09:54:39 AM »
Expand Quote
I'd rather jump down stairs in a cupsole any day than a shoe with popcush as the main support. Popcush feels like skating in high heels.
[close]

I mean, if you look at a Pop Kush or ultracush insole, both only are like 12mm of foam under your heel. If you were to cut up a cupsole like the Nike Team Edition or some Emerica shoe, they would all be about the same in terms of stack height in the heel (Rubber outsole plus foam midsole/insole where your heel actually sits) and a similar pitch (offset between heel height and forefoot height).

Those Pop Kush insoles look gnarlier than they are because of the cupped shape that wings up to cradle the heel. Gives it visual volume that doesn't exist underfoot.

Yeah - similar thickness, different density. Something really thick but soft/squishy (like UltraCush/PopCush or the blue Adidas Adiprene insoles that everyone hated) isn't doing much protection-wise, despite the thickness. I think the shoe trend of the paper thin vulc outsole with an inch thick layer of jello on top of it may turn into problems with a lot of people's feet down the road. They can change the formula and the name all they want, but I think it's a fundamentally flawed design.

imuseless

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 14
Re: Vans Popcuh vs Ultracush Insole Review
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2020, 10:45:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Got my first slip on pro with popcush and I fuckin hate them. Heel sits so high there's no way they fit nice in feet, also narrow toe compared to classics. Swapped the DC Impact-S insoles and they fit ok. Soles also seems to wear down and glue loosen just as quick as classics.
[close]

Fid you ever skate slip-on pros with regular ultracush? Because until they pack down, it felt the same, they didn’t adjust the height of the heel cup to account for the extra thickness of the insole.

But they have packed in, and I don’t notice it anymore

Never had slip on pro before, only classics. Changed the insoles pretty fast since with popcush they felt like they could fly off my feet any minute while just pushin.