Author Topic: New Krux K5 coming out later this year  (Read 14498 times)

spacial_profiling

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -88
Re: New Krux K5 coming out later this year
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2020, 05:43:02 PM »
Let's be honest, the only person we can immediately name on the Krux team is Nora, and she doesn't even use the stock bushings.

Nestor and Fuenzalida

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2020, 05:44:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Let's be honest, the only person we can immediately name on the Krux team is Nora, and she doesn't even use the stock bushings.
[close]

Nestor and Fuenzalida
Cairo.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2020, 06:12:49 PM »
Ron Whaley is the Dill of trucks....

slappyjoes

• Rep: 38
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2020, 03:11:19 PM »
I remember someone telling me that the hole on krux is meant to be a bottle opener. Dont know if this true

rob

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2020, 11:24:07 PM »
I remember someone telling me that the hole on krux is meant to be a bottle opener. Dont know if this true

Weight reduction
yes

Weezil

• Rep: 32
« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2020, 12:01:00 AM »
the krux hole used to be able to open bottles but they allegedly made the hole smaller so now you can't. again, never owned them so I can't confirm myself but I swear I remember reading that in some interview.

Heywoodfloyd

• Rep: 13
« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2020, 03:18:33 AM »
The old Krux models had a more rectangular hole, i defenetley remember some kind of marketing gimmick in some ad, where they mentioned it being able to open bottles.

I owned some downlows when i was maybe 13 years old, and used the hole to open bottles, i don't think i would be able to figure it out by myself.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2020, 10:24:53 AM »
use your deck to open bottles like a man
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1071
« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2020, 10:43:42 AM »
remember when Cab was on Krux?
The Krux 2 doesn't look bad

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2020, 11:31:30 AM »

one of the first ads I ever saw in a skate mag. watching him skate vert in real life is pretty amazing.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2020, 12:44:41 PM »
Cab was also on standard truck co.
He definitely hit some long, mellow rails. I wonder how old he was for that phase?
The krux I had in ....1998 ish were quality. I think I moved on because I didn’t like the way they looked/vibe. I wasn’t really trying to turn a bunch at that point, was either going 2 mph trying to do 80 nollie flips in a row (savage bicycle pedal flick) or at other times I had setups with 60mm wheels trying to look like Ricky.

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2020, 12:20:42 PM »
Literally all Krux has to do is steal Ace's newer bushing design and they'd have a great truck. The larger top and way softer durometer basically turn them into a high Ace with a slightly longer wheelbase. I'm dead serious. Personally I'd like to see them lighter and lower, but I doubt that's what they did.

I do have a feeling they will do lows, based off insta comments, I'll probably try those (with ace bushings of course). I really hope they don't make them twitchy to appease the people who say they don't turn.

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2020, 02:31:39 PM »
Wondering what it means for parts enthusiast. .

If u want Krux that turn alot just get the DLK, felt like I had a Daewon board at first. I like my trucks in the middle not too low or too high, basically that Indy standard which has always worked well for me
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

Fat Tire

• Rep: -18
  • "Do A Kickflip!" Hahaha...
« Reply #73 on: August 11, 2020, 12:39:26 PM »
The only pair of Krux trucks I ever skated I got from winning a Thrasher trivia contest question they put on the website once a month at the time. They sent me one regular truck and one downlow. That’s how I’ll always remember them

This happened to me except I paid for them

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #74 on: August 11, 2020, 01:02:45 PM »
Their current trucks aren't worth riding, and their whole brand sucks horse, but I'm staying optimistic for things to come. If they have the resources available to re-design a truck, they might be able to make something good.

Utopos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -23
  • Who Cares
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2020, 01:08:46 PM »

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2020, 03:15:32 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

one of the first ads I ever saw in a skate mag. watching him skate vert in real life is pretty amazing.
Think that’s sick? Try watching him skate a bowl in a Chewbacca outfit. That shit was wild

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2020, 06:54:55 PM »
Their current trucks aren't worth riding, and their whole brand sucks horse, but I'm staying optimistic for things to come. If they have the resources available to re-design a truck, they might be able to make something good.

It's crazy how they think the Krux branding is good? I'm going to have to say tho that they keep doing it so I guess works 'good enough'? Sales must be ok? Kittens? Hot Dogs? Jellybeans? Who buys that shit?

With a new truck, they've got a chance to re-do the image as well...

I can see the pro team "just silver/raw in my box thanks...."

It's funny because they really are the Enjoi of trucks....and vice versa....it's no wonder most of the team rides Krux.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1929
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2020, 08:36:28 PM »
The hole is the best part dude

Great bottle opener in a pinch. I think I bought a pair for this feature specifically.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2020, 08:50:24 PM »
My business partner was setting up a new board and wanted to go big (Gonz Sweatpants). He wanted surfy so I told him to get ACE. I stopped by the shop and they had ace in stock. The next day he shows up to buy them and the employee sold him 9” Krux.   I then proceeded to tell him that Krux don’t turn and he won’t like them, and that I gave mine away after skating them for 20 minutes.  He returned to the shop to exchange them for ace and same employee told him I was full of shit and Krux are great.  He skated them once and called to tell me that sadly, I was right and they are fucking horrible.

He normally skates mini logo 8.38, which actually turn.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 08:57:19 PM by backinaction »

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2020, 11:14:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nestor and Fuenzalida
Caswell kills it on his hotdog trucks

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #81 on: August 11, 2020, 11:33:13 PM »
My business partner was setting up a new board and wanted to go big (Gonz Sweatpants). He wanted surfy so I told him to get ACE. I stopped by the shop and they had ace in stock. The next day he shows up to buy them and the employee sold him 9” Krux.   I then proceeded to tell him that Krux don’t turn and he won’t like them, and that I gave mine away after skating them for 20 minutes.  He returned to the shop to exchange them for ace and same employee told him I was full of shit and Krux are great.  He skated them once and called to tell me that sadly, I was right and they are fucking horrible.

Having a set of 8.38ML in rotation, I can safely saying they are light years away/ahead of Krux...and the only truck you can get at Venture low heights over 8.25"

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2020, 01:12:28 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Having a set of 8.38ML in rotation, I can safely saying they are light years away/ahead of Krux...and the only truck you can get at Venture low heights over 8.25"

Not at all. The mini logos are awesome only because they are so low. The turn is twitchy as hell (I understand it probably has to be), the pivot cups are trash and the kingpin will eventually snap. Only quality control problem Krux has is the pivot cups, which ain't as bad as people make it out to be. The other problem is everyone hates the turn/feel, but as I've mentioned a million times this can be remedied into a gloriously surfy turn. Height is just a preference.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2020, 04:37:47 PM »
If I wasn’t totally satisfied with ML trucks, I would def get a pair of Krux to try out before any others. I loved them back when I was in highscool 2005ish but I also skated my trucks waaaay tighter than I do now so idk maybe I wouldn’t like them but idk.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

cjt

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2020, 07:19:00 AM »
idk why folks keep saying they don't turn??? 9" K4's with 1/8" risers, khiros black barrel bottom with krux stock top bushings, and 56mm bones SPF has been one of the absolute best pool/park setups I have EVER ridden. And that's counting any other truck with stock bushings or khiros swapped in. Sharp backside carves on an 8 foot wall in only about 4 foot width/radius???

Krux are fam

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2020, 08:51:19 AM »
Now with a bigger hole would lead to an interesting add campaign....

How long until they charge $150 to design your own custom truck....

What is the history of Krux anyhow....how about a Krux coffee table book?

If truck company’s sold king pins base plates and hangers separate I wouldn’t be to upset. I mean the price shouldn’t be $150 but comparable like a sliding scale from standard to the higher end ti price. I just wanna be able to get like raw ti hanger cast baseplate etc. like completely custom truck to what you want with out buying 2 different trucks

Solid bowlcut

« Reply #86 on: August 13, 2020, 10:20:09 AM »
idk why folks keep saying they don't turn??? 9" K4's with 1/8" risers, khiros black barrel bottom with krux stock top bushings, and 56mm bones SPF has been one of the absolute best pool/park setups I have EVER ridden. And that's counting any other truck with stock bushings or khiros swapped in. Sharp backside carves on an 8 foot wall in only about 4 foot width/radius???

Krux are fam
Why bother to do all that when you can just buy Indy or Ace and they are pretty much good to go right from the start? That argument is pretty dumb when you have to change pretty much whole truck to make them work like other trucks.

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
« Reply #87 on: August 13, 2020, 11:15:50 AM »

Krux are fam

It's not that they literally don't turn, like old Tensors. It's just that they don't turn all that well. To me it feels like the hanger just sort of, tilts. I removed all the washers and cut away some material from the bushings to loosen them up and they were nice after that. But stock left a bad taste in my mouth. I'll try out these new ones though.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
« Reply #88 on: August 13, 2020, 11:18:15 AM »
Anyone just throw RipTides on these? Sounds like they may need that extra from that get go.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

cjt

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #89 on: August 14, 2020, 09:32:18 PM »
Expand Quote

Krux are fam
[close]
Why bother to do all that when you can just buy Indy or Ace and they are pretty much good to go right from the start? That argument is pretty dumb when you have to change pretty much whole truck to make them work like other trucks.

indy and ace stock both suck for me since im fat as shit, I still have to swap bushings on those. I have a graveyard of blown out indy bushings from before I realized I needed harder ones.