Author Topic: New Krux K5 coming out later this year  (Read 14501 times)

peptobismol

Re: New Krux K5 coming out later this year
« Reply #90 on: August 14, 2020, 09:45:33 PM »
I don’t even like watching people who have krux skate.
There are of course exceptions, but those trucks come with a host of less than legal tricks that the owner is compelled to do.
i hope that louie barletta and eric fletcher make that list of exceptions

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 991
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #91 on: December 18, 2020, 10:58:36 AM »
https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Krux_K5_Standard_Truck/descpage-KX5SPTR.html

Most images, even at the Krux site, aren't showing the inverted pin.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 583
« Reply #92 on: December 18, 2020, 11:31:18 AM »
I have too many trucks on ice.
I’ll wait For the inverted kingpins.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Torre

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #93 on: December 18, 2020, 06:00:32 PM »
What kind of wheelbase do they make when you put them on? I really love the short wheelbase of indys but I always wonder if krux is also like that or if they are more like thunder/ venture in that department

LewFarrell

• Rep: 140
« Reply #94 on: December 18, 2020, 07:21:35 PM »
What kind of wheelbase do they make when you put them on? I really love the short wheelbase of indys but I always wonder if krux is also like that or if they are more like thunder/ venture in that department

Krux are closer to an indy wheelbase than thunders.

foureyedjim

« Reply #95 on: December 18, 2020, 11:37:55 PM »
can we just get a tilt mode truck brand?

Tiltmode will forever be my favorite thing in skating.  But let it die my friend.

:'(

Torre

« Reply #96 on: December 19, 2020, 09:09:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Krux are closer to an indy wheelbase than thunders.

What about Krux compared to Ventures wheelbase wise? I know Ventures make the wheelbase somewhere between indys and thunders. I tried Ventures again recently and hated them, had to switch back to Indy. Also I skate a 9.0 and when you get up there in size and you skate street longer wheelbase can be detrimental (a lot of ghost pop)

Kneesles

• Rep: 10
« Reply #97 on: December 19, 2020, 09:28:41 AM »
wheelbase relative to trucks

Ace +2.75"
Krux k4 +2.875"
Minilogo +2.875"
Indy cast +3.0"
Indy forged +3.125"
Thunder cast +3.125"
Tensor Alloy +3.125"
krux K5 ~+3.125-3.25" by looking at pics
Thunder Forged +3.18"
Venture cast +3.25"
Venture Forged +3.4-3.5"

This is going by memory but they should be fairly accurate. Please comment with corrections if i am off and ill change them up.

Torre

« Reply #98 on: December 19, 2020, 04:57:03 PM »

Ace +2.75"
Krux k4 +2.875"
Minilogo +2.875"
Indy cast +3.0"
Indy forged +3.125"
Thunder cast +3.125"
Tensor Alloy +3.125"
Thunder Forged +3.18"
Venture cast +3.25"
Venture Forged +3.4-3.5"

This is going by memory but they should be fairly accurate. Please comment with corrections if i am off and ill change them up.
Yo this list is valid, you should make a thread dedicated to this with this info, people would like this. It’s super helpful to me for sure

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #99 on: December 19, 2020, 06:12:42 PM »
yall new here or something?
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #100 on: December 19, 2020, 11:15:45 PM »

Ace +2.75"
Krux k4 +2.875"
Minilogo +2.875"
Indy cast +3.0"
Indy forged +3.125"
Thunder cast +3.125"
Tensor Alloy +3.125"
Thunder Forged +3.18"
Venture cast +3.25"
Venture Forged +3.4-3.5"

Are you referring to the skate warehouse picture? I noticed that too, but I don't think you can really judge from a photo like that.

Finally found my grail last year with K4's and ace classic bushings and I'm personally kinda bummed about the switch. I have a feeling the new one's are gonna be twitchy which is the only way you can make those hard ass bushings turn better. I hope people like 'em, but dammit.

Bugsytootsie

• Rep: -10
« Reply #101 on: December 21, 2020, 10:46:29 AM »
Anyone try these yet? Thoughts?

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #102 on: December 21, 2020, 12:08:10 PM »
Anyone try these yet? Thoughts?
I would have picked a pair up but I’m between 8.25 or 8.5 and 9 inch boards

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2231
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #103 on: December 21, 2020, 08:04:10 PM »
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 09:16:29 PM by Watson »

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #104 on: December 21, 2020, 08:20:22 PM »

Upcoming collab with Curima x Berrics

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #105 on: December 22, 2020, 03:15:01 AM »
Ruckus trucks.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 971
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #106 on: December 22, 2020, 07:00:48 PM »
I think I entered to win krux k5. If I score them I'll give them a serious try.

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Diocletian

« Reply #107 on: December 23, 2020, 09:28:33 AM »
SCM435 axles....according to my research these are weaker than a 4140 chromoly.

Bob Dylan Jaeb

« Reply #108 on: January 06, 2021, 11:41:12 PM »
got a pair of 8.5 k5 and tried them out today. left them stock and loosened nut till flush. they most def turn really well right out the gate and have a great pop feel. cant vouch for durability yet but they are noticeably lighter than indy 149 standards

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #109 on: January 07, 2021, 04:22:57 AM »
got a pair of 8.5 k5 and tried them out today. left them stock and loosened nut till flush. they most def turn really well right out the gate and have a great pop feel. cant vouch for durability yet but they are noticeably lighter than indy 149 standards

How do they turn compared to Indy’s? The old Krux seemed to have a substantial delay between when you shift your weight to turn, and the actual turn happening whereas Indy turn pretty much immediately on the weight shift.

Bob Dylan Jaeb

« Reply #110 on: January 07, 2021, 02:02:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

How do they turn compared to Indy’s? The old Krux seemed to have a substantial delay between when you shift your weight to turn, and the actual turn happening whereas Indy turn pretty much immediately on the weight shift.
     way more responsive than the k4, doesnt feel as deep of a carve as indy but that may be because the bushings aren't broken in and it was kinda cold, seems like they made the pivot thinner on the k5 so it turns a lot snappier

Sundaynuggets

« Reply #111 on: January 07, 2021, 03:30:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
     way more responsive than the k4, doesnt feel as deep of a carve as indy but that may be because the bushings aren't broken in and it was kinda cold, seems like they made the pivot thinner on the k5 so it turns a lot snappier

Nice! I was hoping you would say that. I played around with my old K4’s and it seems like the slow turn came from the base plate geometry, specifically the nub that houses the kingpin. It’s lower than the other big truck brands which seems to make the hangar go more straight down into the deck, whereas higher baseplate nub seems to angle the kingpin and hangar so the hanger arcs more. When I put Indy baseplates on K4 hangars, the turning was fine, so the baseplate seemed like the most logical culprit to me.

I tried the suggestion of keeping the original parts and using Ace bushings but that didn’t change the turn at all for me.

Beeker

« Reply #112 on: January 07, 2021, 05:35:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Nice! I was hoping you would say that. I played around with my old K4’s and it seems like the slow turn came from the base plate geometry, specifically the nub that houses the kingpin. It’s lower than the other big truck brands which seems to make the hangar go more straight down into the deck, whereas higher baseplate nub seems to angle the kingpin and hangar so the hanger arcs more. When I put Indy baseplates on K4 hangars, the turning was fine, so the baseplate seemed like the most logical culprit to me.

I tried the suggestion of keeping the original parts and using Ace bushings but that didn’t change the turn at all for me.

Brand new Ace bushings? Give 'em a bit of time, it'll be worth it, I think.

I have a set with brand new ace bushings and the kingpin nut is barely on and they are still too tight and they felt god-awful at first (zero snap back to center) and are still taking a bit. My set with broken-in ace bushings are like a whole turn or two tighter than flush and they are pretty loose and feel glorious. I swear to god they turn just about as good as my actual Ace trucks it's just harder right before you wheel bite. I dunno maybe I'm crazy or maybe the mix is different or something.

Sundaynuggets

« Reply #113 on: January 07, 2021, 06:00:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Brand new Ace bushings? Give 'em a bit of time, it'll be worth it, I think.

I have a set with brand new ace bushings and the kingpin nut is barely on and they are still too tight and they felt god-awful at first (zero snap back to center) and are still taking a bit. My set with broken-in ace bushings are like a whole turn or two tighter than flush and they are pretty loose and feel glorious. I swear to god they turn just about as good as my actual Ace trucks it's just harder right before you wheel bite. I dunno maybe I'm crazy or maybe the mix is different or something.

I used some old ones from a two year old set of 44’s! I think my problem is less with the resistance it takes for the wheel to hit the deck and more with the arc that it travels as it hits the deck, if that makes any sense. Willing to tinker some more and try again though, might be some other factor I’m missing

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 577
« Reply #114 on: January 07, 2021, 11:45:32 PM »
Is the wheelbase the same length as the K4s? I believe those extend the wheelbase by 2.65"?

Bob Dylan Jaeb

« Reply #115 on: January 08, 2021, 01:54:12 AM »
Is the wheelbase the same length as the K4s? I believe those extend the wheelbase by 2.65"?
i got 3 inches even when i measured with a tape measure. 14.25 wb deck to 17.25 center axle to center axle

Beeker

« Reply #116 on: January 08, 2021, 03:29:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
i got 3 inches even when i measured with a tape measure. 14.25 wb deck to 17.25 center axle to center axle

K4's seem to average around 2.875". I do have a set of 8.5 K4's that are basically 3".

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #117 on: January 08, 2021, 04:06:00 PM »
Tommy Sandoval skates 7.6 Krux on an 8.125 board. He lost his damn mind.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 971
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #118 on: January 08, 2021, 04:27:42 PM »
The more vertical the kingpin the more lean delay you get.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Sundaynuggets

« Reply #119 on: January 08, 2021, 07:59:58 PM »
The more vertical the kingpin the more lean delay you get.

I was wondering about that. Does the lower kingpin sheath (or whatever it’s called) on the baseplate have anything to do with the angle of the kingpin?